A Few Suggestions for Social Groups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukain

!_!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
BattleStar said that he was going to make a post about my first suggestion, but he didn't and I felt this had merit.

Social group owners should be able to have a way to sticky discussions. Say there's a rules thread in a social group. Now say it's a really active group. That rules thread is going to fall off the map. You could also say that the social group has ranks. That thread could fall through the cracks until members are promoted in these ranks, as editing the OP to put a member into the lowest rank could easily go unnoticed.

There is currently no way for the owners of social groups to lock discussions. Moderation currently allows for deleting messages/discussions, approving messages/discussions, and unapproving messages/discussions, yet there is no way to lock discussions. I can't think of any specific instances for this, but it sure could be a useful tool.

Lastly, the ability to move posts. This way, a group doesn't have to have many pages of useless things that could all be contained within one thread.

So yeah a few things that would be great for social groups.

Yeah I know Smogon couldn't care less about its social groups but just a few things would make everything better.

I am backing up this idea. I know that this can b implanted and would love to see it happen. Sticky threads and better moderation for a social group would be great. I think we really need to upgrade some of he features of social groups because they are quite popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)