A Fierce Battle in the Old Chateau! Galladiator vs. Fire Blast! (Ref: Ducklett)

Status
Not open for further replies.
3v3 Singles
DQ - 3 Days
Recovery - 1 Recover/5 Chills
Arena - Main Room of Old Chateau (pic)
Switch=KO
No Items
All Abilities
Duck let out an audible shiver; this part of Eterna Forest had always given him the creeps.

It was approaching sundown on a rigorous day of training, and the trainer known as 'Ducklett Stare' was packing it in, meandering his way out of the forest with his Eevee, Victoire, at his heels. He craned his neck, peering out at either side of the trail as if expecting to be jumped at any moment.

"Spooky, eh Vic? We're close to that decrepit Old Chateau."

The Eevee simply continued to trot along, looking up at her trainer with big, dewy eyes. If she shared the nervousness of her trainer, she didn't look it.

The two kept a brisk pace until finally, they reached a fork in the road -- one way would lead to Eterna City and a well deserved rest. The other fork, however was overgrown with gnarled trees -- or it would be, if they hadn't been hacked down. The violently slashed trees formed a ghoulish frame around the Old Chateau -- a hauntingly elegant mansion, now being devoured by all manor of creeping flora. Duck shivered again as he looked upon it, hoping to put as much distance between himself and the Chateau as possible -- but something caught his eye.

It was a figure (human, thankfully, he thought), entering the mansion's double doors. This in itself wasn't worth stopping for; but what was around the figure's waist was.

"That dude's got Pokeballs, Vic! Let's jump him, show 'im the patented Ducklett one-two punch maneuver we've been working on!" Victoire mewed softly in response, looking wide-eyed and unblinking at her trainer. Clearly, she didn't share his enthusiasm, and she trotted along at an even pace even as he dashed for the door.

Despite his eagerness to challenge the trainer, he found himself tip-toeing the final steps to the entrance, childlike fear overtaking him as he creaked the doors open and poked his head inside. What he saw however eliminated all of his previous fears -- Duck's long features stretched into a frown upon seeing not one, but two trainers inside the foyer. They were set opposite each other, hands at their waists like a couple of gunslingers. Clearly, Duck had been beaten to the punch.

Victoire had finally caught up with her master, and began to tug at the leg of his pants with her mouth, trying to drag him away. Perhaps she had smelled the two trainers from the beginning, and knew that her trainer wasn't going to get the match he so desired -- But Duck didn't budge.

"Cut it out, Vic -- we're gonna watch, get it? We might have to battle one of these guys some day, so we're gonna observe. Get into their heads, right? You don't wanna be unprepared, do you?"

Eevee let out an irritated mew and sat down to lick her forepaws. This was going to be a long night.

((Fire Blast, you are the match seeker -- send out your Pokemon first.
Galladiator, you are the match challenger -- send out your Pokemon and issue your actions.
Then, it'll be Fire Blast's turn to issue actions.

I'm trying out a different reffing style, so if the RP bullshit is getting on you guys' nerves, just tell me and I'll ref it more straight. It won't effect how I do any calculations or anything, so don't worry about that.))

Okay Electra, go for it!

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)

Start with a Double Team, then use Work Up followed by a Shadow Ball!

Recap:
Double Team...Work Up...Shadow Ball

Oh, and I like this style so far. I say keep it up!

Use Thunderbolt first, and then use a Double Team, when Eevee uses Shadow Ball, avoid it and used Disable

Thunbolt, Double Team, Avoid and Disable

Gastly(*) [Casper] (Male)

HP: 90
Atk: * (-)
Def: **
SpA: ****
SpD: **
Spe: 92 (+)
Energy: 100%

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)
HP: 90
Atk: *(-)
SpA: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 64 (+)
Energy: 100%

"I choose Casper!"

A brilliant shock of red briefly illuminated the cavernous foyer; when it faded, a Ghastly floated ghoulishly beside his trainer.

"Okay Electra, go for it!"

A second red flash, and out came an Eevee at the opposite end of the room. Victoire mewed in recognition and began to trot forward, but Duck snatched at her tail, stopping her in her tracks.

"You can make friends later, girl; for now, just watch!"

As Duck was admonishing his Eevee however, the trainers were barking their first orders.

Casper was the speedier of the pair; electricity began to crackle within and around his gaseous form. In a taunting gesture, he opened his mouth wide, sticking his tongue out at his opponent -- from within his maw, Ghastly fired a wicked Thunderbolt that hit Electra dead on. The Eevee was thrown back from the force, and the ends of her fur were singed in some places -- but with a vigorous shake, she was ready to retaliate. Her movement was a blur; she jumped a step to the side, then back to her original position. She repeated the movement, getting faster as she went, until it was impossible to tell that she was moving at all -- her Double Team maneuver had created a perfect clone. The two Electras grinned challengingly at Casper, as if daring him to make a move.

Casper responded with a grin of his own -- like a cell splitting in two, the Ghastly began to separate. The two blobs floated in space for a moment, before features began to emerge. In front of the two Electras now floated two Caspers -- it was his own brand of Double Team. Electra appeared slightly upset that her tactic had been copied, but she wasted no time getting ready to fight back. Closing her eyes, she began to Work herself Up, mentally honing her abilities so that her next strike could be a meaningful one.

Though Casper had the speed to strike next, the two ghoulish apparitions simply stood their ground at the command of their trainer. Electra, however wasted no such time -- a blob of shadowy energy began to coalesce at the tip of her nose. With a cry, she let loose the Shadow Ball, hoping that the attack would connect with the right Casper -- the Ghastly's eyes widened in surprise before the attack made contact, for Electra's aim was true. Casper took a nasty hit, unable to avoid it with his clone. However, he clearly wasn't going to let another hit like that touch him. His eyes gleamed with a wicked light as he stared down Electra -- her own eyes began to glaze over under his gaze -- but then the image faded. Casper had used his Disable technique on the clone! Electra smiled triumphantly, even as her illusion dissipated. The round had gone well for her.

"Daaaaaaamn..." Duck whispered under his breath, his head whipping back and forth between the two combatants (not to mention, their clones). "Take notes, Vic. You could learn a thing or two from that Eevee."

Victoire didn't seem to take the advice well, wrinkling her nose and frowning in resentment.

Casper uses Thunderbolt - 10 Damage is done to Electra, Casper expends 7 Energy
Electra uses Double Team, expends 4 Energy
Casper uses Double Team, expends 4 Energy
Electra uses Work Up -- gains +1 in Atk and SpA, expends 6 Energy
Electra uses Shadow Ball -- RNG roll to see if she hits through Double Team. 1-50 is a hit, 51-100 is a miss. Roll is 17, Shadow Ball does 14.86 Damage (rounded up to 15), expends 7 Energy
Casper uses Disable -- RNG roll to see if he hits through Double Team. Roll is 73, the attack misses. Casper expends 6 Energy.

HP: 75
Energy: 83%

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)
HP: 80

Casper, use Double Team again. While Eevee is distracted by the clones go into the wall and hide inside. Go towards Eevee inside the wall and when close use Thunderbolt. If Eevee ever uses Shadow Ball use Disable.

Double Team ~ Go in wall ~ Thunderbolt
If Shadow Ball used, use Disable.

Oh, he wants to be sneaky like that, eh? Well, he can't hit what he can't see! Electra, blind him with Sand Attack! Then when he goes into the wall, use Double Team twice!

Recap:
Sand Attack...Double Team...Double Team

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)
HP: 80

Having traded blows and gotten a feel for one another in the previous round, the trainers began to issue commands of a more strategic nature. Duck, usually the loud arrogant type, had to admit to himself that the calculating minds of the trainers before him were impressive.

He observed as once again, Casper's intangible form split in two. The dual Caspers danced around one another for a few moments, trying to confuse Electra as to which was the real one -- not unlike a street performer, hiding a ball under a cup and switching them around.

"Double Team? He tried that last time, it didn't work!" whispered Duck animatedly into Victoire's ear. "He's gonna get smoked if he keeps that up!"

Electra was prepared to echo that sentiment - using her bushy tail, she began to fan the thick layer of dust that had settled on the long-neglected foyer floor. She directed the Sand Attack at what she believed to be the real Casper -- but as the attack connected, the image dissipated into a purple mist. This time, it was the Eevee that was fooled by the clone.

Having got his prediction wrong, Duck tried to look aloof as Victoire eyed him with an expression of amused smugness.

Back on the battlefield, Electra was standing face to face with Casper, when suddenly, her opponent began to fade away -- it was the other clone, a residual from last round! During the heat of her last attack, the Eevee had lost track of just how many Caspers were floating around her. Now standing alone in the foreboding foyer, she was entirely unaware that moments ago, Casper had used the confusion to phase into the walls of the mansion. Electra's hair began to stand on end -- alone, with Casper's position unknown to her, fear began to grip the Eevee. However, her trainer's command invigorated her with courage.

"use Double Team twice!"

Taking heart in the orders, her movement once again became a blur. This time, she produced not only one, but two after images. Although they were only shades, seeing the two clones beside her seemed to further bolster Electra's courage. Unfortunately, Casper still had the advantage of positioning. With a ghoulish peal of laughter, the Ghastly burst from the floor behind the three Electras, a mass of purple gas forming a sickly contrail in his wake. Like a miniature storm cloud, Casper once again fired a Thunderbolt. This time, his aim was true -- uttering a heartrending howl, Electra was shocked by the wicked bolts.

Seeing Electra in such pain, Duck felt an unpleasant twinge in his gut. Absently, his hand made it's way to his own Eevee, scratching her gently behind the ear.

Casper goes first and uses Double Team. He has 2 clones on the field -- the one from last round fades with his next action. Expends 4 Energy.
Electra uses Sand Attack -- RNG roll, 1-33 is a hit, 34-100 is a miss. RNG roll of 99, Sand Attack hits a clone. Expends 3 Energy. Casper's clone fades from the attack, the previous clone fades as it's duration has expired.
Casper phases through the walls of the arena. At the Ref's discretion, he expends 5 Energy.
Electra uses Double Team to create 2 clones. Expends 8 Energy, plus another 5 as the cost of the added command ('Then, when he goes into the wall...')
Casper uses Thunderbolt. RNG roll, 1-33 is a hit. RNG is a 3, Thunderbolt hits for 10 HP. RNG roll for Paralysis (forgot this last turn, forgive me). 1-10 is Paralysis -- RNG roll is a 15. Expends 7 Energy.
Electra's clones will fade during her second action of the next round, unless broken by damage.

Energy: 67%

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)
HP: 70

((Galladiator will be the next to issue actions, followed by Fire Blast.))

Hang in there, Electra! I know you can do this! Now I want you to Sand Attack again, followed by a Work Up and then a Shadow Ball! If Gastly tries to Disable you, dodge it and use Double Team!

Recap:
Sand Attack...Work Up...Shadow Ball
If Disabled, dodge and replace next action with Double Team.

Casper, you know which clone is the real one because you just hit it with a Thunderbolt. While, Eevee is using Sand Attack use Thunderbolt directly in front of the real Eevee causing a hole to appear in front. This will also cause the Sand attack to spread throughout the room. Then while Eevee is busy using work up, sneak up from behind it and use Ice Punch to push Eevee deep into the hole.

Thunderbolt directly in front~sneak up from behind it~Ice Punch

Three quick things.

1. I'm bumping this so that Ducklett doesn't have to get subbed out because he lost track of the thread.

2. Fire Blast is absolute evil.

3. How in Arceus' name is Gastly supposed to use Ice Punch when it doesn't even have arms, much less hands to punch with?

Sorry about the editorial in part 3, but I was confused.

((Sorry for keeping this thread quiet today, I'm sure you can understand and forgive me if I've been a little occupied with Black, hehe :x))

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)
HP: 70

Following Casper's previous Thunderbolt attack, Electra struggled to her feet. After shaking off some burnt fur, the Eevee was back in the fight, bristling in defiance. Casper was unwilling to give his opponent even a second's more of rest -- at the command of his trainer, Ghastly summoned another crash of Thunderbolts. This time however, he was ordered not to strike Electra, but at the weak floor below her. The electrical current shattered the aged foundations, creating a hole leading into the unknown depths of the mansion. Some of the lightning scattered across the floor and singed Electra, but the she was barely phased by the hit -- eager to retaliate, she once again fanned dust into her opponent's eyes with a Sand Attack.

Casper was forced to shut his eyes tight, and he growled in impotent frustration. Though he couldn't see however, he could still hear his master's call.

"...while Eevee is busy using work up, sneak up from behind it!"

Electra had indeed begun to hone her senses,mentally Working herself Up to make a decisive hit. While she was thusly occupied, Casper began to meander behind her -- though he had a difficult time of it at first, he was able to shake the sand out of his eyes just in time to approach his foe from behind.

"That trainer ordered Ghastly to use an Ice Punch, but uh... I don't see any arms, do you, Vic?" Duck scratched the back of his head in a gesture of genuine confusion.

As if to answer the unknown spectator, a segment of Casper's purple mist began to elongate and form a ghostly limb. Duck could see the improvised arm glisten with frozen crystals as it smashed into Electra. The Eevee gave a startled yelp as it fell into the chasm formed by Casper's Thunderbolt. The yelping continued as she fell, a sickening 'thud' being the only indication of how deep the hole went.

Casper grinned ghoulishly as he hovered over to the hole, hoping to inspect the damage -- but his arrogance got the better of him. A shadowy mass of energy flew out of the floor, hitting Ghastly full in the face. His grin became a grimace very fast as the Shadow Ball rocked his intangible form. Electra, recovering from a nasty fall but otherwise no worse for the wear, looked up. A series of creaky rafters arched above her -- with a bit of fancy footwork, they could be her only way out.

Casper uses Thunderbolt on the ground in front of Electra. At the ref's discretion, she takes 5 HP of splash damage. RNG roll for Paralysis -- roll is 62, Electra avoids status. Casper expends 7 Energy.
Casper's attack opens up a hole in the floorboards.
Electra uses Sand Attack. Casper's accuracy is lowered by one stage for the next two rounds. Electra expends 3 Energy.
Casper is commanded to sneak up behind Electra. At the ref's discretion, he expends 5 Energy.
Electra uses Work Up. She will have +1 Atk and SpA until the end of her first action next turn. Expends 6 Energy.
Casper uses Ice Punch. Deals 5 damage, expends 6 Energy. Electra is pushed into the hole. She takes 7 HP of fall damage at the ref's discretion.
Electra uses Shadow Ball. Deals 15 damage, expends 7 energy.

HP: 60
Energy: 49%

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)
Energy: 51%

((I want to be as transparent as possible -- I didn't know how to calculate the effects of Sand Attack, so I asked about it in the referee thread. However, I didn't want you guys to have to wait for me to get my answer, so I handled it in the way you see above. This was not the way it should have been handled, and I apologize. Hopefully this flub doesn't prove to be match-making, and I hope you can forgive me.

Fire Blast has the first action next round, followed by Galladiator.))

Casper use Thunderbolt while Eevee is trying to get out. Then use Double Team followed by another Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt~Double Team~Thundbolt

Hmm...Normal-type move, Ghost-type Pokemon...!

Okay, Electra! If you can hear me, here's what you're going to do! Make a Wish, then Quick Attack through the Gastly to the rafters! From there, jump to the next beam when it shoots the Thunderbolt at you, and retaliate with Shadow Ball!

Recap:
Wish...Quick Attack through Gastly to rafters...Jump to next beam and use Shadow Ball

Energy: 49%

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)
Energy: 51%

"Well this sucks; I can't see a thing!" whined Duck as he craned his neck, desperately trying to get a look at the hole in the floor.

Casper shook himself rigorously to clear his head. When he was finished, his impish grin had faded, replaced with a look of grim purpose. Electra had been more than he'd bargained for, but now it was time to get serious. His innards crackled as he dived into the hole to locate his prey. Sensing movement, he crashed down a devastating Thunderbolt -- an attack that Electra had become all too familiar with. Her pained yelps could be heard throughout the entire foyer. However, even after the Thunderbolt had faded, a soft, pleasant glow remained, illuminating the otherwise impenetrable blackness of the room below; Electra had made a Wish, which materialized and began to float lazily above the battlefield.

-- and then, she was a blur. Using a Quick Attack, she barreled into Ghastly -- or rather, through him. Though he was unaffected by her blistering attack, Electra had now gained a strategic advantage, placing herself behind and above him. The Eevee was perched nimbly on the rafters, eagerly awaiting her opponent's next move. Not wanting to lose too much strategic momentum, Casper once again divided himself into two with a Double Team tactic. The two Caspers cackled maliciously as they melted into the shadows of the mansion's underbelly, hoping to confuse Electra as to who was the real one.

Moments later, out of the inky blackness came the sight of rigid golden electricity. The Thunderbolt split the darkness, shocking Electra and shattering her support. Luckily, by her trainer's command, she had already begun to leap to the next beam in preparation for her next attack. The bolt had disoriented her however, and she slammed into the beam with a thud. The Eevee had a tenuous grip on the beam with her forelegs -- straining with effort, she used her hind legs to slowly, painfully will herself onto the rafter. After catching her breath for a few moments, Electra growled in rage and frustration. She saw a wisp of moment out of the corner of her eye -- and instinctively fired a Shadow Ball at the source. Through divine providence, sheer dumb luck, or a mixture of both, Electra's assault found it's mark. Throughout the darkness, Casper's howls of enraged pain echoed hauntingly.

Casper uses Thunderbolt. Deals 10 HP, expends 7 Energy. Electra uses Wish. At the end of next round, she will receive 20 HP unless she is KO'd. Expends 17 Energy. Galladiator's 1 Recover is expended.
Electra's Work Up boost fades.
Electra uses Quick Attack. Deals 0 damage. Expends 3 Energy.
Casper uses Double Team to create one clone. Expends 4 Energy.
Casper uses Thunderbolt. Deals 10 HP, expends 7 Energy.
Electra uses Shadow Ball. RNG roll to compensate for Casper's Double Team. Roll of 44, Shadow Ball hits. Deals 14 HP, expends 7 Energy.

HP: 46
Energy: 31%

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)
HP: 40
Energy: 24%

((Galladiator has the next move, followed by Fire Blast.))

Good job, Electra! That worked perfectly!

Now I want you to Quick Attack down to the floor, then Chill for a bit. If Gastly attacks for its third action, respond with Shadow Ball; if not, use Work Up.

Recap:
Quick Attack to the floor...Chill...Shadow Ball if Gastly attacks, Work Up if it doesn't

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)
HP: 40
Energy: 24%

With both Pokemon duking it out within the mansion's dark underbelly, muted sounds of battle are the only indication that the combatants are still standing.

Electra's ears twitched as she strained to hear her master's call from above ground. His voice echoed into the chamber below, and like a spring the Eevee nimbly shot off of the rafters, down to the floor of the basement. She performed her Quick Attack before Casper even had time to react; fortunately, the ghoul had chosen to use this time to compose himself. The all-encompassing shadows surrounded and soothed him. Given this time to Chill, some of the Ghastly's former impishness had returned along with his energy. His face split into a grin as he wafted among the rafters, searching for prey.

He roved along the floor of the space, lighting it with crackling bolts of electricity -- when suddenly, he found his mark. Electra was huddled against the husk of some moth-eaten furniture, hoping to rest and restore her vigor. However, being the cruel ghost he was, Casper was never going to give her the chance. A white-hot Thunderbolt shot toward Electra, the sound amplified to a terrible magnitude in the cavernous space. The Eevee was once again rocked with electricity, and she was thrown like a rag doll further amongst the neglected furniture. Luckily, small as she was, she was able to hide amongst the debris and Chill for a brief moment.

Her moment of respite having passed, Electra cocked her head to and fro, reacting to every insignificant sound and movement. At her trainer's orders, she was ready to strike at any time. However, the attack she was expecting did not come -- Casper had melted into the walls, biding his time for a more opportune moment. Seeing this to her advantage however, Electra began to Work herself Up. Her muscles tensed and her senses cleared -- having mastered herself for the moment, her next attacks were sure to be devastating.

Both battlers lied in wait, preparing for the next decisive round. However, their concentration was shaken as an eerie laugh filled the space -- it had a solid, heavy quality to it that made even the ghoulish Casper shiver in the walls. The fierce combat had awakened the mansion's 'residents' -- specifically, the crazed red eyes of a Gengar pierced the thick darkness...

((FIELD HAZARD - Battling in Gengar's favorite basement haunt has made him a bit irritable. At the end of next round, any battler left in the basement area of the mansion will be inflicted with a Ghost-type Curse. In the subsequent rounds, Gengar will continue to attack anybody left on 'his turf' at the end of each round. Do you choose to escape as quick as possible, or try to use him to your advantage...?))

Electra uses Quick Attack to reach the floor. Deals 0 Damage, expends 3 Energy.
Casper expends a Chill. Fire Blast is allowed 4 more.
Casper uses Thunderbolt. Deals 10 HP, Expends 7 Energy.
Electra expends a Chill. Galladiator is allowed 4 more.
Casper fades into the wall. At the ref's discretion, he expends 5 Energy.
Electra uses Work Up. Atk and SpA are raised by 1 stage until the end of next round. Expends 7 Energy.
Electra's wish comes true, restoring 20 HP.

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)
HP: 50
Energy: 26%

((Fire Blast, you have the next action.))

It is hard for Eevee to hit you because your in the wall, so use Thunderbolt three times.

Thunderbolt~Thunderbolt~Thunderbolt

Okay, Electra, listen carefully. Remember the hole Gastly shoved you down? Move to where that's right above you, then Quick Attack straight upward through the hole. Since Gastly can't hit you from the basement, keep your distance from the hole and Chill twice.

Recap:
Quick Attack through hole into foyer...Keep distance from hole, Chill...Chill

((Sorry for the delay, guys; you know how prohibitive RL can be sometimes, hehe :x))

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)
HP: 50
Energy: 26%

Electra's fur began to stand on-end -- a dark presence had entered the basement that was not there before. Both she and her trainer had sensed it, and he ordered her to take evasive action immediately. Displaying formidable grace and dexterity, Electra used her Quick Attack to deftly hop from beam to beam, climbing desperately toward the light above. Her swift reflexes allowed her to avoid another Thunderbolt, the attack instead shattering one of the rafters into splinters. A howl of rage accompanied the miss, and Electra took the time to grin in fierce pride at her master.

The moment was short lived, however; another rain of Thunderbolts assaulted Electra, who twisted in pain under the blow. A triumphant cackle echoed throughout the foyer -- Casper was still hiding within the walls, using them to amplify his ghostly presence. Meanwhile, despite the pain of the previous blow, Electra closed her eyes to Chill for a moment. She needed to muster as much strength as possible if she was going to have any hope of finishing this battle triumphant.

Casper's trainer, on the other hand, didn't see any need to alter his current strategy. After all, if it hurts, it works; Electra was subject to another tormenting rain of Thunderbolts -- however, having been a victim of the same attack for so long, she was able to recover quickly and take even more time to Chill.

Casper reveled in the pain he was causing to his opponent, but his triumph was cut short. He felt something tug at his intangible presence, and he grimaced in horrified surprise as he was torn clean out of his hiding spot. Casper couldn't even whimper in fear as he floated face to face with the impish Gengar. Gengar's laughs reverberated about the basement -- he was apparently amused to no end standing face-to-face with what could have been a distant relative. However, relative or not, Casper was on his turf -- and he was going to pay for it. Gengar's pupils dissapeared briefly as he laid a Curse on Casper. Hopefully, that would teach him a lesson about personal property.

Electra uses Quick Attack to head topside. Deals 0 HP, expends 3 Energy.
Casper uses Thunderbolt; Electra's uses her Quick Attack as an evasive maneuver. Deals 0 HP, expends 7 Energy.
Casper uses Thunderbolt within the walls. Deals 10 HP, expends 7 Energy. RNG roll for paralysis is 93 -- Electra's status is OK.
Electra expends a Chill. Gains 12% Energy, Galladiator is allowed 3 more.
Casper uses Thunderbolt from within the walls. Deals 10 HP, expends 7 Energy. RNG roll for paralysis is 39 -- Electra's status is OK.
Electra expends a Chill. Gains 12% Energy, Galladiator is allowed 2 more.
Casper did not escape the cellar, and became the target of Gengar's Curse. He will take 5 HP of damage per action, starting next round.

Energy: 10%

Eevee (*) [Electra] (F)
HP: 30
Energy: 44%

((Galladiator, you are the next to call out commands.))

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Sorry Ducklett, but I'll finish it from here on.

Also, I'll be using 1 clone of Double Team. Specify next time you use that move. ;)

Casper (Gastly) (M)
Energy: 10
Boosts/Drops:
Others: Curse (5 DPA)
Actions: Double Team (1 clone) - Disable - Chill
Timid: A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Attack
Type: Ghost/Posion
Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)
Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Poison
Abilities:
Levitate: This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit. (Inate)

Electra (Eevee) (F)
Energy: 44
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Actions: Shadow Ball - Shadow Ball - Shadow Ball
Nature: Timid (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks, decreases Attack by *)
Type:
Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Abilities:
Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
Adaptability: (Innate) The moves that match this Pokemon’s type deal two (2) more damage.
Anticipation (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is better at sensing dangerous attacks, and takes three (3) less damage from super-effective attacks, Selfdestruct, and Explosion.

---------------------------------------------------------

Round 7!

Shady, mysterious, and swift, Casper pulls off a Double Team technique, duplicating himself with an exact replica. Electra attempts to lock on toward the real target and fires off a spooky Shadow Ball attack! Did she hit the real one? ... POOF! Nope! That wasn't it! Tricky Casper! Very tricky!

Seeing how Shadow Ball was the last used attack and it could potentially be the end of his life, Casper pulls off a fast one - a Disable! This immediately shuts down all uses of Shadow Ball for Electra and causes her to squirm! However, right at that moment, Casper has depleted his entire energy source and faints from the exhaustion!

Sheesh, Pokemon aren't tools!

---------------------------------------------------------

Casper (Gastly) (M)
HP: blargh
Energy: 0
Boosts/Drops:
Others:
Timid: A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Attack
Type: Ghost/Posion
Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)
Poison STAB; immunity to Poison/Toxic, see and breath through smog/smokescreens uninhibited. Dasutodasu, Muk, and Weezing inflict Toxic Poisoning with Solid/Liquid/Gaseous Poison attacks (respectively), Wrap, Haze, and Glare have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Poison
Abilities:
Levitate: This Pokemon naturally floats above the earth when released or easily takes flight, evading Ground moves like Earthquake, Level Ground, and Magnitude. Other Ground moves can still hit. (Inate)

Electra (Eevee) (F)
Energy: 38
Boosts/Drops:
Others: Disable (Shadow Ball, 6 more actions)
Nature: Timid (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks, decreases Attack by *)
Type:
Normal: Normal STAB; Bite, Claw Sharpen, Crunch, Dig, Double Kick, Hammer Arm, Iron Tail, Rain Dance, Rock Smash, Shadow Claw, Sunny Day, Wild Charge have Energy Cost reduced by one (1).
Abilities:
Run Away: (Innate) This Pokemon is quick on its feet and can evade any traps in an arena. Run Away does not allow the Pokemon to escape from trapping moves or abilities, however it can escape other situational trapping strategies in battle.
Adaptability: (Innate) The moves that match this Pokemon’s type deal two (2) more damage.
Anticipation (DW): (Innate) This Pokemon is better at sensing dangerous attacks, and takes three (3) less damage from super-effective attacks, Selfdestruct, and Explosion.

Casper
A1: Double Team (1 clone) > [4 Energy]
A2: Disable > [6 Energy]

Electra
A1: Shadow Ball > [6 Energy]

(As for who gets the KO Counter, I'm allowing Electra to have it.)

Fire Blast sends in a new Pokemon but not its orders. Galladiator posts Electra's actions after, then Fire Blast does the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)