ORAS OU A Mega Gallade Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

ORAS OU TEAM

A Mega Gallade Team
Is this "Teambuilding Process" mandatory? I don't know, but I have seen many people doing it; however, I have seen many people that lack of this on their RMT. Nevertheless, here is my teambuilding process.

OH. MY. GOD! My favorite Pokémon (Gallade) got a Mega Evolution. I must make a team around him y/y.

You know what? Gallade hates Sableye as much as I do. Clef, you can handle that shit, right? You're in.

Yo' Magnezone! You know, you are good friends with Gallade because you both are from Sinnoh, right? Do me a favor, help Clef with Pokémon that she can't handle.

Oi! Legendary bulk!! Can you let me your bulk and wall T-Flame for me, please? Oh, and if you can put some hazard that would be great! Thanks, Lando-T.

What! You're telling me that you can remove those annoying hazards, heal your teammates in exchange of your life, and deal a huge ton of damage. Latias you're so in.

*Sigh* Now what... I need another Pokémon... Oh, that's right! I will call my reliable and great partner, Talonflame!

What happened Lando-T? You're telling you're too old for this and found a nice and clean replacement for you? Rotom-Wash? And that you taught the art of setting up hazards to Clef? You da real MVP...

R9 (Gallade) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch
- Close Combat​
Mega Gallade is the main reason why this team was created on the first place. With his base Spe of 110 Jolly was the better choice because it can have a speedtie with the Latis and make sure to outspeed everything below of 110 that have +Spe nature. Gallade has an amazing base Atk (165) and such a great physical movepool that one can't believe it. Zen Headbutt and Close Combat were chosen for their STAB and power. Knock Off because everyone know its power.

Now, for the 4th move I can't decide going for Ice Punch or Swords Dance. Everytime I am setting up a SD my opponent switches in his or her counter/check and I need to switch ASAP because Gallade is so frail. At least with Ice Punch I have coverage and check Lando-T lol.

Cana (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Calm Mind
- Stealth Rock​
Clefable is such a fairy monster that it amazes me, lol. The main reason that I put Clef in this team was to check MSableye, the biggest counter of MGallade imo. I put 96 EV's on SpD to make sure I can set up CM on Pokémon like Thundurus. SR because... well it's the only Pokémon in this team that can learn SR and I wanted SR.

On my Zone (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]​
Magnezone is here to take care the Steel-types that Clefable can't, such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory. I put Scarf on this set because I was really paranoid with Azumarill because my team was weak to it at the beginning. I might change this because I have counter now to it.

Mr. Winkler (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split​
As I said before, I was really paranoid with Azumarill and at the same I needed something that walls Talonflame. Rotom-Wash was the answer. This is a common set for a Physical Defensive Rotom, I don't need to explain too much. Pain Split over Resto-Chesto because I don't like Resto-Chesto at all.

Wendy (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
- Healing Wish​
And now we have the cutest Pokémon in my team, Latias. The main reason of Latias being here is to Defog those annoying hazards and pass that precious Healing Wish. Healing Wish is also the main reason why I chose Latias over Latios.

MAH PRIORITY (Talonflame) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Tailwind​
My last team team member, Talonflame. The only reason that Talonflame is in my team is because I needed priority. Basically, I just slapped Talonflame in because I didn't know what could be my last member, I got lazy. Priority? Good Sweeper? Check and check, you're in.

REJECTED POKEMON (s)

Makarov (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- U-turn
Lando-T was my lead, defensive wall, and stealth rocker. Knock Off > Stone Edge because I remember Albacore said once, "Knock Off if you're using a Zone team," and there you have it. The reason why I changed Lando-T over Rotom-W is because my entire team was weak against Azumarill.

THREAT LIST

REPLAYS

P.S. Sorry for my horrible grammar.
P.S.2 The preview lied to me, I thought there were 3 lines. Gonna edit tomorrow

Last edited:
Hey, this is actually a very solid looking team. I spent a few minutes racking my brain for threats so you can better adapt your team. Be warned that some of my opinions are because I like having a solid switch in for most situations.

Noted possible issues:

Scarf Lando-T: Outspeeds your entire team and doesn't fall to your priority. Your Rotom-W walls it but it will get worn down quickly to repeated Stone Edges or Knock Offs on the switch.
Greninja: I'm going to be honest here, what team isn't weak to Greninja? You can revenge it with Talonflame and it fails to OHKO M-Gallade without residual damage or a critical. Everything else is scared of it.
Excadrill: I only list this because I use it often - Scarf Excadrill with Mold Breaker. The only thing that can switch into it is Talonflame and if you predict poorly it will fall to Rock Slide. It's not very common, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
M-Altaria: Dragon Dance variants will have a field day with your team if you fail to burn it. It's bulky enough to not worry about your priority and can run Earthquake to easily dispatch Magnezone. Variants without Dragon Dance are more manageable for your current team.

How to change your team:
Your team isn't especially weak to Ferrothorn or Skarmory, especially if you add Fire Blast to Clefable. This allows you to switch Magnezone for something with a different role. You can trade SR for Fire Blast and replace Magnezone with a solid choice of lead or anti-lead.

Defensive choice: Consider swapping Magnezone for Ferrothorn who isn't terribly bothered by Lando-T or Excadrill and lets you run Stealth Rock without taking one of Clefable's slots. It also smashes M-Altaria with Gyro Ball and isn't hurt much by its primary choices of moves. Watch out for ones that carry Fire Blast though. My only worry about this change is a struggle to deal considerable damage to M-Slowbro. You can run Toxic on Ferro in case it becomes an issue.
Offensive choice: Consider swapping Magnezone for Greninja. Greninja offers offensive coverage that your team lacks. In this case, you can run HP Fire to cleanly deal with Ferro or Skarmory.

Your team lacks Taunt and/or phazing. I recommend having at least one of these two on a team. I propose the following change:

Talonflame @ Choice Band Sharp Beak or Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 252 Atk / 240 Spe / 16 HP
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn Roost
- Tailwind Taunt

Explanation: You lose a little bit of the huge power that Choice Band gives but you gain in versatility and durability. Your team loses the Volt-Turn core if you choose to drop Magnezone and I think your team does fine without the continual pressure it provides, especially considering how much of a weakness a lack of Taunt is (in my opinion). As a more offensive alternative, you could swap Choice Band for Life Orb and simply trade Tailwind for Taunt; however, I think having Roost on Talonflame does it a lot of good. The EVs allow you to outspeed max speed base 110s (like M-Metagross) to ensure you can choose to hit them with Flare Blitz instead of Brave Bird. HP is still an odd number for the second switch into SR. The ability to cripple leads and prevent enemies from setting up is valuable.

EDIT: I plugged your team into sweepercalc just before I went to sleep, I thought I'd share my findings.
- Huge Gengar weakness, it's very easy to revenge kill though.
- Huge Staraptor weakness, once again, easy to revenge kill.
- Thanks to Gallade's titanic damage, you have no major weaknesses to walls (other than the M-Sableye you mentioned before.)

Recommendations for your post:
- About the descriptions rule:
"We recommend at least three (3) lines of description for each Pokemon. Having three lines is not absolutely mandatory anymore, but it's a good guideline to gauge if you have written enough..." The sample "good" description is also barely 2 lines at my computer's resolution. I think your descriptions aren't too bad but I would try to flesh out the roles and purposes a little better.
- Consider adding some replays once you get some.
- Play the team some more and find some stuff you're weak to, and make a 'threat list'. If you're aware of your own weaknesses it's much easier for others to propose changes to help you adapt! The more information you provide, the better.

All in all, I like the team. The team has no truly outstanding weaknesses that come to mind. Your offensive coverage is pretty well varied and defensive typing is solid.

Last edited:
Thanks Deoxys Prime! I appreciate your post, it showed that you cared at least ^^

Italicized means I'll be discussing it.
A. Hey, this is actually a very solid looking team. I spent a few minutes racking my brain for threats so you can better adapt your team. Be warned that some of my opinions are because I like having a solid switch in for most situations.

Noted possible issues:

Scarf Lando-T: Outspeeds your entire team and doesn't fall to your priority. Your Rotom-W walls it but it will get worn down quickly to repeated Stone Edges or Knock Offs on the switch.
B. Greninja: I'm going to be honest here, what team isn't weak to Greninja? You can revenge it with Talonflame and it fails to OHKO M-Gallade without residual damage or a critical. Everything else is scared of it.
Excadrill: I only list this because I use it often - Scarf Excadrill with Mold Breaker. The only thing that can switch into it is Talonflame and if you predict poorly it will fall to Rock Slide. It's not very common, but I thought it was worth mentioning.
M-Altaria: Dragon Dance variants will have a field day with your team if you fail to burn it. It's bulky enough to not worry about your priority and can run Earthquake to easily dispatch Magnezone. Variants without Dragon Dance are more manageable for your current team.

How to change your team:
C. Your team isn't especially weak to Ferrothorn or Skarmory, especially if you add Fire Blast to Clefable. This allows you to switch Magnezone for something with a different role. You can trade SR for Fire Blast and replace Magnezone with a solid choice of lead or anti-lead.

D. Defensive choice: Consider swapping Magnezone for Ferrothorn who isn't terribly bothered by Lando-T or Excadrill and lets you run Stealth Rock without taking one of Clefable's slots. It also smashes M-Altaria with Gyro Ball and isn't hurt much by its primary choices of moves. Watch out for ones that carry Fire Blast though. My only worry about this change is a struggle to deal considerable damage to M-Slowbro. You can run Toxic on Ferro in case it becomes an issue.
Offensive choice: Consider swapping Magnezone for Greninja. Greninja offers offensive coverage that your team lacks. In this case, you can run HP Fire to cleanly deal with Ferro or Skarmory.

E. Your team lacks Taunt and/or phazing. I recommend having at least one of these two on a team. I propose the following change:

Talonflame @ Choice Band Sharp Beak or Leftovers
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe 252 Atk / 240 Spe / 16 HP
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn Roost
- Tailwind Taunt

Explanation: You lose a little bit of the huge power that Choice Band gives but you gain in versatility and durability. Your team loses the Volt-Turn core if you choose to drop Magnezone and I think your team does fine without the continual pressure it provides, especially considering how much of a weakness a lack of Taunt is (in my opinion). As a more offensive alternative, you could swap Choice Band for Life Orb and simply trade Tailwind for Taunt; however, I think having Roost on Talonflame does it a lot of good. The EVs allow you to outspeed max speed base 110s (like M-Metagross) to ensure you can choose to hit them with Flare Blitz instead of Brave Bird. HP is still an odd number for the second switch into SR. The ability to cripple leads and prevent enemies from setting up is valuable.

F. EDIT: I plugged your team into sweepercalc just before I went to sleep, I thought I'd share my findings.
- Huge Gengar weakness, it's very easy to revenge kill though.
- Huge Staraptor weakness, once again, easy to revenge kill.

- Thanks to Gallade's titanic damage, you have no major weaknesses to walls (other than the M-Sableye you mentioned before.)

G. Recommendations for your post:
- About the descriptions rule:
"We recommend at least three (3) lines of description for each Pokemon. Having three lines is not absolutely mandatory anymore, but it's a good guideline to gauge if you have written enough..." The sample "good" description is also barely 2 lines at my computer's resolution. I think your descriptions aren't too bad but I would try to flesh out the roles and purposes a little better.
- Consider adding some replays once you get some.
- Play the team some more and find some stuff you're weak to, and make a 'threat list'. If you're aware of your own weaknesses it's much easier for others to propose changes to help you adapt! The more information you provide, the better.

H. All in all, I like the team. The team has no truly outstanding weaknesses that come to mind. Your offensive coverage is pretty well varied and defensive typing is solid.
A. You don't know how I appreciate this xD, thank you.
B. Greninja is always a thread, I'm just going to wait for the ban lol. MAltaria... I overlooked that Pokémon, thanks!
C. I will prefer using Flamethrower, more PP and accuracy is better imo. Also having Toxic for MSlowbro is kind of useless because of CroBro :/ I wish for a suspect test for this Pokémon.
D. I won't touch Gren, as I said before it might get banned. Meanwhile, I was thinking changing Zone for Ferro, but I haven't decided which Ferro set would be best for this team xD.
E. Lol, I knew someone was going to suggest changing T-Flame. I might change T-flame set, but I think SD > Taunt would be better.
F. First of all, I didn't know such calc existed mind = blown. Second, it doesn't matter how hard I try, every team I make Gengar will always be annoying my whole team xD. I am not worried about Staraptor because not many people use that mon.
G. Ah... I haven't laddering too much because I hated ORAS metagame at the beginning and I had school and stuff. I will make the thread list some time later when I start playing more!
H. Thank you! I always try to make Balanced Teams. I haven't posted any yet, besides this one, because I am that lazy.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)