1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

A Mix-up

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Johnathon Pierazek, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Johnathon Pierazek

Johnathon Pierazek

I have just decided to get into the competitive battling and become serious about it. Everytime I would try to form teams I thought was good, I would be wiped clean within 9-12 turns. I know about Ev's, Iv's, Natures, and Hazards, HP Types, etc...but I can never pick good move sets, pokemon, or items. Right now my team is this.

Forretress - Ability: Sturdy Item: Leftovers Moves: Stealth Rocks, Spikes, Gyro Ball, Explosion
    252 Ev in Hp and Sp. Def. and 4 in Spd.
    Marshtomp(first of core) - Ability: Torrent Item: Eviolite Moves: Protect, Scald, Earthquake, Bulk Up
    252 Ev in Attack and 128 in Def. and Sp. Def
    Tangrowth - Ability: Chloraphyll Item: Meadow Plate Moves: Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Sunny Day, Toxic
    252 Ev in Sp. Att. and Def. 4 in Def.
    Darmanitan(last of my core) - Ability: Sheer Force Item: Toxic Orb Moves: Flare Blitz, Facade, Fire Punch, Overheat
    252 Ev in Att. and Spd. and 4 in Sp. Att.
    Metagross - Ability: Light Metal Item: Light Clay Moves: Reflect, Light Screen, Ice Punch, Psychic
    128 Ev in Att, Def, Sp. Att, and Sp. Def.
    Venomoth - Ability: Tinted Lens/ Compoundeyes(Not Sure) Item: Leftovers Moves: Substitute, Quiver Dance, Baton Pass, Double Team.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I NEED TO EDIT ANYTHING. I'VE HAD THIS TEAM SINCE D/P/PLT(except Darmanitan was Arcanine).
  2. Tyler Nagase

Tyler Nagase

i think instead of the tangrowth, you would like either a cradily or venusaur. cradily is nice, he pretty much has the same move set as your tangrowth. cradilys moveset: giga drain, ingrain, leech seed, toxic. he is constantly taking hp from ingrain, leech seed, leftovers, and giga drain. venusaur is really nice as well, if not better. venusaur moveset: leech seed, sleeping powder, frenzy plant, giga drain. metagross, id change psychic to zen headbutt since its a physical move, you would do more damage. other than that, very nice team.
  3. Johnathon Pierazek

Johnathon Pierazek

I understand about Zen Headbutt being stronger, but Metagross is typically a wall for me and also a special checker for Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and also for Ferrothorn and other physical walls.
    Tyler Nagase likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)