1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

A Mix-up

Discussion in 'BW Other Teams' started by Johnathon Pierazek, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Johnathon Pierazek

Johnathon Pierazek

I have just decided to get into the competitive battling and become serious about it. Everytime I would try to form teams I thought was good, I would be wiped clean within 9-12 turns. I know about Ev's, Iv's, Natures, and Hazards, HP Types, etc...but I can never pick good move sets, pokemon, or items. Right now my team is this.

Forretress - Ability: Sturdy Item: Leftovers Moves: Stealth Rocks, Spikes, Gyro Ball, Explosion
    252 Ev in Hp and Sp. Def. and 4 in Spd.
    Marshtomp(first of core) - Ability: Torrent Item: Eviolite Moves: Protect, Scald, Earthquake, Bulk Up
    252 Ev in Attack and 128 in Def. and Sp. Def
    Tangrowth - Ability: Chloraphyll Item: Meadow Plate Moves: Giga Drain, Leech Seed, Sunny Day, Toxic
    252 Ev in Sp. Att. and Def. 4 in Def.
    Darmanitan(last of my core) - Ability: Sheer Force Item: Toxic Orb Moves: Flare Blitz, Facade, Fire Punch, Overheat
    252 Ev in Att. and Spd. and 4 in Sp. Att.
    Metagross - Ability: Light Metal Item: Light Clay Moves: Reflect, Light Screen, Ice Punch, Psychic
    128 Ev in Att, Def, Sp. Att, and Sp. Def.
    Venomoth - Ability: Tinted Lens/ Compoundeyes(Not Sure) Item: Leftovers Moves: Substitute, Quiver Dance, Baton Pass, Double Team.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I NEED TO EDIT ANYTHING. I'VE HAD THIS TEAM SINCE D/P/PLT(except Darmanitan was Arcanine).
  2. Tyler Nagase

Tyler Nagase

i think instead of the tangrowth, you would like either a cradily or venusaur. cradily is nice, he pretty much has the same move set as your tangrowth. cradilys moveset: giga drain, ingrain, leech seed, toxic. he is constantly taking hp from ingrain, leech seed, leftovers, and giga drain. venusaur is really nice as well, if not better. venusaur moveset: leech seed, sleeping powder, frenzy plant, giga drain. metagross, id change psychic to zen headbutt since its a physical move, you would do more damage. other than that, very nice team.
  3. Johnathon Pierazek

Johnathon Pierazek

I understand about Zen Headbutt being stronger, but Metagross is typically a wall for me and also a special checker for Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, and also for Ferrothorn and other physical walls.
    Tyler Nagase likes this.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)