ORAS OU A mostly UU team in the OU (17:8)

So, ever since Mega Pidgeot was bumped up from UU I decided to throw in Bisharp to help balance the team for OU teams. You'll probably look at this and think "psshh, this team sucks ass"

17 wins to 8 losses, and two losses were from disconnections due to my poor Internet.

A few times I even took the team to anything goes, and there I went 4-1.

Here's the team:

Pidgeot @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Roost

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Belly Drum
- Thief
- Drain Punch

Mushers (Jellicent) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Water Spout
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Bisharp @ Air Balloon
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Foul Play
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Rotom-Heat @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Overheat

Porygon-Z @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Tri Attack
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Claw
- Nasty Plot

The team is 100% based upon my in game team in AS. As you can, well, see, a majority of the team is sweepers.

The Rotom-H is usually my lead, using Trick to mess up Pokémon that set up stats or hazards, forcing a switch usually in which I will burn with Will-O-Wisp. Thunderbolt and Overheat are last ditch efforts if a switch would be unfavorable or impossible, or if a trouble Pokémon can be felt with at that moment. However, Rotom-H will probably not see much battling as much as causing trouble and switches.

The Jellicent, if Rotom-H is useless in the situation, is what I usually switch into. Also carrying Will-O-Wisp, Hex is able to be utilized to a very great extent. Scald wasn't chosen because of Will-O-Wisp and because of Recover. Water Spout + Defensive Pokemon + Recover = surprisingly amazing damage output.

With two burn-alias move carrying Pokémon, sweeping becomes amazingly easier.

Porygon-Z is the team's main late-game special sweeper, however I have thought of replacing P-Z with an Eviolite Chansey, as Mega-Pidgeot also is a Special sweeper. I have a video talking about this Porygon-Z and you can see it in-depth here:

Slurpuff is the late-game physical sweeper of the team. With Unburden, the Sitrus Berry, and Belly Drum, Slurpuff and actually outspeed most OU and UU Pokémon. Thief is used over return, as if a Pokémon has Leftovers, Slurpuff can steal it. Thief also allows Slurpuff to stand a chance against some OU counters such as Gengar and Metagross.

Bisharp was a sweeper from the OU I decided to use, as in my mono-Steel team for a Gym I do used a decent Bisharp. The Air Balloon counters Earthquake threats, thus helping protect itself from Earthquake carriers such as Mega-Swampert, Excadrill, and Tyranitar. After one Swords Dance, Sucker Punch becomes very deadly, especially against Specially Defensive walls that aren't as spectacular in regular Defense. Bisharp also is a very handy anti-Fairy, as his/her Steel typing helps neutralize the type-effectiveness weakness that Dark types have against them.

Lastly, we have Mega Pidgeot. Literally one of my favorite Mega Evolutions, as Mega-Pidgeot gets the No Guard ability allowing always hitting Hurricanes. Plus, Heat Wave helps put other threats at bay, such as Ferrothorn, Scizor, and Lucario. And, Hidden Power Ground allows Pidgeot to counter pesky Electric types. Plus, as an added bonus, Pidgeot gets INSANE speed, out speeding almost any Pokémon it comes across. Lastly, Roost is there if a Pokémon is going to set up, and I can heal at that time. However, I have every now and then replaced this move with U-Turn.

Well..... Yeah there ya go. Hope you enjoyed it, and test it for yourself. I guarantee you'll have fun at the least.

EDIT1: Also, if any errors are seen here, let me know so I can fix them.

Last edited:
Hey man cool team. The one glaring problem I see is the Bisharp. First thing change the ability to Defiant. Defiant helps you get attack boosts from intimate mons and defoggers (along with any other stat drops that might happen) Next thing is change Foul Play for Knock Off. Knock Off is better overall because it can atleast cripple some of Bisharp counters by getting rid of their item. Next is the item. I don't think Air ballon is really worth it. Any mon that would threaten Bisharp with earthquake is probably something you shouldn't be staying in versus anyway. Life orb or black glasses would be of more use for the extra power. Lastly I would suggest running some speed on it. I don't know the exact numbers because I'm on my phone at the moment but you could look up whats a good speed in smogon. So that's all, you don't have to change all of that if you don't want but b those are my suggestions. Goodluck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)