1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

A New Beginner [Republicans Win]

Discussion in 'Circus Maximus' started by askaninjask, Jun 6, 2012.

1. penguin344

penguin344

Okay Draycos, the game is up. We know that you are the wolf. IFM, who had been talking with YAYtears, the inspector, had informed me before his death that Honus was clean. Honus claimed Mayor. You claimed mayor and have not been cleaned. Therefore, you must be the wolf.

Your claim contained a one time inspect. However, why would a one time inspect be in a game such as this one made simply for beginners to understand? Sure, it seemed valid, as you managed to turn up a valid claim in Jimera. However, the more likely case: You are the wolf, and you have an inspect ability. You got extremely lucky with your prior mayor claim escape, or you are a wolf with a mayor ability and the both of you contributed. However, I have no doubt that you are the wolf.

Lynch Draycos7
  2. AOPSUser

AOPSUser

Sarah Palin? Sorry, but everyone else is a guy Dracyos7. I've had enough of those lies.

Lynch Dracyos7

EDIT:

3. Draycos7

Draycos7

Yeah, no. I'm not the wolf. Remember Day 2?

Ever heard of a confirmation bias? A confirmation bias means that you seek results that match your beliefs, e.g, noticing more good plays while watching your favorite sports team playing. In this case, just because you had the martyr target me and he died, doesn't necessarily mean that I have a killing role. There's no reason to jump to conclusions like this.*

In addition, penguin himself has been a suspicious person the whole game. I still am very cautious around him myself. For example, take these PMs into account.

At which point I sent him my role PM, and never heard from him again. I even sent him a few more reminder PMs, and still no response. No claim from him, even. It was only after I talked to MrcRanger that I even found out what he had claimed, 1-time BPV.*

Here's a memory refresher. penguin's flavor text role was Dan Quayle. Now, why in the world would aska choose Dan Quayle as a role, when all of the other roles have been pretty damn recent? The answer; no reason. I have to admit, penguin did pick a very safe role to claim, but Dan Quayle? No way. There's just no chance that a buffoon like Quayle would be a role, ESPECIALLY after his superior, G. W. Bush, turned out to be a fake claim by Solace. Why would aska pick the VP of a person probably *not even in the game to be a role? It's too unrealistic.

According to aska, who I PMed on this matter, BPVs work on lynches. So let's take down penguin today. If he's not scum, then he'll be fine. If he's wolf, then he deserves to die.

Lynch penguin344
  4. Draycos7

Draycos7

and aops, that's just the sexism of politics
    EDIT: see - bachmann
  5. penguin344

penguin344

I don't believe I ever mentioned that the martyr targeted you. How could you possibly know that he targeted you. Besides, what roles have we not had die:

BPV
    Mayor
    Bodyguard

Both of you and Honus claimed Mayor. You were always a suspect, however. We've been planning a lynch on you for the past few days, but since we kept killing mafia, we figured, why not let him live for now so we can martyr+bg him. However, YOU told aops that one of IFM or myself was scum, thus preventing him from protecting IFM, causing his death.

Honus is guarenteed village due to inspect. AOPS is the only person who claimed bodyguard, which basically ensures that he is clean, as what kind of "easy to understand game" "with most common roles" wouldn't have a bodyguard. Finally, BPV has not yet turned up, as well as the inspector actually talking to me. You are the only person who does not fit in.
  6. Draycos7

Draycos7

Ok, I'll just stop wasting everyone's time now. I have a BPV so I'll survive this lynch, but I don't want this to drag on, so <flies away in helicopter>.

Lynch Myself

Hooray, you got me, blah blah blah. Good game everyone, can't wait for post game, will give mine soon.

(I actually enjoyed the moling process, it was fun to see how much info I could get out of you guys(a lot). Poor Ranger trusted me far too much. I do hate playing wolf, though, I much prefer mafia.)
  7. askaninjask

askaninjask [FLAIL ARMS]
    is a Forum Moderator

8. askaninjask

askaninjask [FLAIL ARMS]
    is a Forum Moderator

I apologize in advance for having absolutely no idea which pronouns to use in this post. Sorry.

You all saw that Draycos7 was no good. Even Draycos7 saw that Draycos7 was no good. As you attacked him, you realized, he was a woman. Indeed, he was a woman in a helicopter. A dangerous woman. A dangerous woman in a dangerous helicopter.

"I'M GOING ROGUE," said Draycos7, revealing himself to be none other than Sarah Palin. "On the upshot, I'm still undefeated!"

However, she was not able to stay up in the air for long. With none of you fooled, you shot her down and arraigned her. After lynching her once more, you determined that she was:

And with that, the Republicans reigned supreme. The last living Republicans were:

penguin344:
    AOPSUser:
    and Honus:
    Congratulations to the REPUBLICANS for WINNING A New Beginner Mafia. Nice job!

A postgame thread will be up soon.
  9. Steamroll

Steamroll resident zombie
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

GLAD I WAS OF USE!!! GOOD GAME EVERYONE!
  10. Da Letter El

Da Letter El Officially internet famous
    is a Forum Moderator

Good job town!
  11. Infinity.Cypher

Infinity.Cypher

An excellent read if I must say, great job Village!
  12. The Royal Guard

The Royal Guard

Woot, Good game everyone!
  13. Draycos7

Draycos7

Yeah, good game Republicans. It was fun working with you guys, but you need to learn to keep your mouths shut more and learn not to trust people.
  14. penguin344

penguin344

I tried to not trust anyone, hence why I cut off communication with you and ButteredToast once I found out your true nature. But so many of our people just trusted everyone. We were moled by every faction. However, key roles didn't claim yet, so we weren't hurt too much, but still. ._.

Also, shenangians. I was the *loose* leader behind the scenes. (Sorry Draycos, but once it was n4, people were only following you because your goals coincided and we could block your kills with martyr+bg easily.) However, people were still afraid (for good reason I suppose.) IFM and YAYtears switched their role pms when they claimed, which lead to The Royal Guard dying because bg+martyr didn't work with the information had. Also lead to having the martyr every night instead of the bg. ButteredToast tried to use shenanigans to get me to claim to him, although the idea showed that he was either mafia, which would put it totally to his advantage, or that he was village with a bad plan. If Trollmonchan hadn't died before ranger, he probably would have risen to some place of power. And the whole botched Draycos cleaning because the real mayor voted. (Although, that may have lead to the conclusion that Jimera was clean, which could have been disastrous.)

Overall, really fun game, and can't wait for the next. :D
  15. Dummy007

Dummy007

You know what this game reminded me of?

Politics.

Seriously, though, good work, village! I'm looking forward to playing in future games with you guys (as long as we're on the same faction, of course :P).
  16. AOPSUser

AOPSUser

I can't believe I actually trusted Draycos7 enough to give him my role PM. :(

Good game everyone!
  17. MrcRanger97

MrcRanger97

Welp, I learned my lesson.
    Good game to the Republicans!
  18. ButteredToast

ButteredToast

God damn blackhawk, you are a freaking psychic with the helicopter/Alaska/Sarah Palin thing.

Will talk more about what happened with us Aliens post game, but good game and congrats to the village! Glad I got subbed in!
  19. Steamroll

Steamroll resident zombie
    is a Smogon IRC AOPis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

I hereby blame my night one death on askaninjask for extenuating circumstances that somehow led to my role PM being delivered to both of the mafia's inspectors and draycos7.

/me grabs one last bag of popcorn
  20. YAYtears

YAYtears

gg guys. was fun being inspector and playing tricks on penguin.
    To be honest I kinda didnt trust you still.
  21. penguin344

penguin344

I never did actually prove my role, so that is reasonable.
    Still, in trying to save yourself, you actually ended up dying :/
  22. idiotfrommars

idiotfrommars schemes and plots are the same thing
    is a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Damn had to die in the end :(

gg guys
  23. Draycos7

Draycos7

I still think Obama should have been the wolf. :P
  24. penguin344

penguin344

idk if lynching the current president is really a good idea.
  25. ButteredToast

ButteredToast

With the anger and reaction from his new healthcare system passing the supreme court, it might actually come to that.

Just saying...

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)