A New Beginner [Republicans Win]

*snort* I wish it was that easy. You can defend that gun, and I know it. After tonight, the ball goes to your court. We'll be at YOUR mercy... your chances have diminished due to Darkaxis' death no matter what, against the village and against us. You simply need to decide which you think you can beat more easily... and I dare say, I'd take the odds against 3 opponents instead of 8.
An uninformed majority against an informed minority...
Hard to say who would win, right? That is why mafia is still played, it is hard to say who could possibly win, and requires strategy on both sides.

An informed minority against a smaller informed minority...
Much easier to determine a winner. The larger minority will always win. The pure size will overwhelm the smaller party.

Now, what will happen if you team up with jimera?
Village is eliminated.
Wolf is eliminated.
3v2, Aliens vs Media.
Now, who would win?
If you think the media will win, you are terribly, terribly wrong.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Sorry for the late update!

It appeared as though all was well in Congresstown, but you notice a lack of baby-headed men around. You realize that this lack of baby-headed men could only be due to the death of Nexus. He had been shot from above. He was:

Dear Nexus,
You are Newt Gingrich.

You are a baby-headed politician who was once Speaker of the House. Despite being a staunch supporter of “family values,” you have been divorced twice.

At night, you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - Divorcing <user>.” You will get a divorce from <user>, and in the process <user> will become so angry that they will not be able to complete any night actions they may have wanted to do that night. You may not get a divorce from the same user two nights in a row.

You are allied with the Republicans. You win if the Republicans are the last team standing.
Also found was another body! This body had been zapped by lasers until it was fried. Crying over his body were his 90 writers. You realized with glee that this meant the death of trollmonchan. He was:

Dear Trollmonchan,
You are Jon Stewart.

The chief Democratic political comedian, you are a pretty funny guy. Despite not being a news show, I get most of my political news from your show.

At night you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - Talk smack about <user> on my TV show.” You will shame <user> to such an extent that <user> will be unable to vote or speak in the thread tomorrow. If <user> does speak, he will be killed.

You are allied with the Liberal Media Elite. You win if the Liberal Media Elite are the last team standing.
After this eventful night, the Republicans gathered again to determine WHO would be lynched today. Who will it be!??!

It is now Day 3. Day 3 ends 2 and a half hours before 48 hours after this post or when majority is reached (I want to get back on our normal schedule).

If you guys feel that it would be better to have 24 hours days from here on out, to make the game go a bit faster, let me know and we'll have 24 hour days starting on Day 4.

Results are going out now.

Yeah, remember that bit where I said where I wanted to know who you guys were to avoid crossfire?

This is why. Your choice just lost you the game LME. And we weren't even trying to get you.

Well, whatcha going to do eh? It's basically waterfall flinch chance... anyway I'll be joining you soon trollmonchan... no way I'm surviving this day now. But seriously...

What were the chances of us hitting one of the only two remaining LME? >.> And the silencer too? At least we didn't target Nexus and waste our kill I suppose...

Actually, I just realized that I have one last trump card... one piece of information I turned up way back on N1.

MrcRanger97 is probably the wolf.

How do I know this? No I didn't inspect him, but I DID inspect Steamroll. And on Day 1, I told Ranger about Steamroll's role as a backup, when I was trying to ingratiate myself to him. He was the only person I told outside of my own team.

And then Steamroll is killed by the wolf the very next night. I was somewhat stunned when I made the connection; my team had specifically avoided killing Steamroll SPECIFICALLY to avoid suspicion falling on ME. But he dies the very next night. And the ONLY other party I had given the key information to was Ranger.

Now what are the chances of the Wolf hitting the one role that could screw him over the most* on Night 1? Well there were 17 players still on night one, giving him a 1 in 16 chance of hitting him.

One in 16, pretty long odds. And yet, Ranger here had put himself in a position of power with a role PM no one could disprove... He asked for inspections, counting on the fact that he asked to clear him on his own, or perhaps he has a mole ability (which causes a fake role PM to go out to inspectors instead of a real one), which isn't uncommon for a Lone Wolf to have.

And it gets worse, because on N2, just now, Nexus got killed by the wolf. Nexus was a role stopper, which can stop kills, making him very dangerous to the Wolf, as it could expose him. Nexus also role stopped me the same night, showing coordination. Ranger, having played games in the past, probably knew that the role stop would still go through and that he could eliminate his other big threat the same night. So now I ask you, what are the chances of the Wolf hitting two targets in a ROW that are of great threat to him? Slim to none.

So villagers, I ask you... Who is more dangerous to you? My inspector role puts none of you at immediate risk; it can't kill you or stop your actions. Killing me won't put an end to the kills for my team either, since as long as my team lives we can still kill.

The wolf on the other hand, has more information than I could ever dream of and a kill every night. And all you need to do to stop the kills is just kill one person; him.

So I say, Lynch MrcRanger97! No one wants the wolf alive, the village least of all.

Now why should you believe me? Well for one, I haven't lied at all except for when it was vital. I wasn't lying at all with the proposed alliance; I honestly thought that it was beneficial for all the scum. I haven't lied at all, except to say that my role was Jan Brewer the role inspector, and that was only because I had to. I told the truth about all my inspections. I believe that lying when you don't have to is a bad idea, since it just gives you more ways to get caught. I haven't lied to you yet and I'm not lying to you now. I truly believe that Ranger97 is the wolf, and that he is playing every last person in this game.

Now, you have the chance to stop him.

*Backup screws him up the most because it means vital roles would take two nights to eliminate instead of one, and killing off a vital role would immediately expose him. A bodyguard wouldn't screw him over since he has the Bodyguard by the leash anyway as leader, and an Inspector doesn't bother him as he has a mole ability.

Lynch Jimera0

I believe Ranger97.
Of course YOU do, he told me a long time ago that you're "Loyal but not that bright". Want logs? I got logs. LOTS of logs.

17:59:55: <Jimera0> Ok I'm going to have to be perfectly honest I don't know to trust you or not
18:00:06: <Ranger97> its ok
18:00:30: <Jimera0> you are a Rogue according to that, which is common for faking
18:01:38: <Jimera0> hang on let me take a closer look... I really don't want to jump the gun here
18:05:25: <Jimera0> well the pm looks solid comparing it to my own
18:06:27: <Ranger97> ok
18:06:34: <Jimera0> got anything further to say to convince me?
18:06:51: <Jimera0> It could still be a well done fake...
18:07:02: <Ranger97> Other that i lack imagination XD
18:07:16: <Ranger97> and i know who BG is
18:07:25: <Ranger97> well, suspect
18:07:27: <Jimera0> you do? how?
18:07:39: <Jimera0> it's not like your role is an information gathering one
18:08:19: <Ranger97> he told me
18:08:22: <Ranger97> :D
18:09:00: <Ranger97> like i said earlier, hes kindof an idiot, but a loyal one
18:09:03: <Jimera0> ah claimed to you
18:09:06: <Ranger97> hint
18:09:08: <Ranger97> hint
18:09:12: <Jimera0> lol
18:09:24: <Jimera0> aops then?
18:09:43: <Ranger97> yeah
18:09:49: <Ranger97> he wants it secret though
18:09:53: <Ranger97> so dont tell
18:09:56: <Ranger97> unless your scum
18:09:56: <Jimera0> lmao sure
18:09:58: <Ranger97> then fuck you
18:10:01: <Ranger97> :D
18:10:01: <Jimera0> XD
18:10:48: <Jimera0> Well I guess I can send you... I suppose I wouldn't be the highest priority target anyway
18:11:00: <Jimera0> still not really a role I want the mafia to know about though
18:11:13: <Ranger97> well, im not mafia, though i cant proe it yet
18:11:25: <Ranger97> there is a fundamental trust thing for mafia
18:11:30: <Jimera0> yeah
18:12:09: <Ranger97> its called gut feeling

Oh, and here's more! This is where I mentioned Steamroll, Day 1!
02:55:39: <Jimera0> thought you should know that people apparently aren't very eager to claim to you
02:55:54: <Ranger97> I can tell :/
02:55:59: <Jimera0> bit of discussion in #congress about it
02:56:10: <Ranger97> by tan's post
02:56:20: <Jimera0> well Rouge is a commonly falsified role
02:56:37: <Jimera0> honestly I'm somewhat regretting claiming so quickly myself, since I really have no solid proof
02:56:42: <Ranger97> arent you inspect?
02:56:50: <Jimera0> role action inspect
02:57:01: <Jimera0> I tried it out night zero, just tells me the type of role they have
02:57:11: <Jimera0> like bodyguard or investigator, that sort of thing
02:57:18: <Ranger97> ah
02:57:41: <Jimera0> you know what a "backup" is?
02:57:54: <Ranger97> no,
02:58:22: <Jimera0> well that's what steamroll is apparently
02:58:29: <Jimera0> guess I should ask tas since he's in here
02:58:49: <Ranger97> so, if u inspected me, would it say rogue?
02:59:05: <Jimera0> if you are what you say you are it should
02:59:19: <Jimera0> course if you were a mole it wouldn't tell me Mole. I don't think so anyway
02:59:25: <Ranger97> kk, use it then
02:59:38: <Jimera0> lol we'll have to wait a bit but I can try
02:59:48: <Jimera0> obviously can't do it during the day :P
03:00:47: <Jimera0> 02:58:47: <Jimera0> hey what's a backup? 02:58:50: <Jimera0> as a role? 02:59:12: <the_angry_scientist> a backup is a role that at first doesn't do anything 02:59:21: <the_angry_scientist> but should another role on its team die, the backup can take on that role 03:00:01: <Jimera0> alright that explains a lot 03:00:04: <Jimera0> damn that's pretty powerful
03:00:57: <Jimera0> well damn
03:01:06: <Jimera0> steamroll has pretty big shit then
03:01:26: <Ranger97> well, depends on the backup
03:01:51: <Jimera0> well sounds like it basically gives whatever team he's on two of their most powerful role
03:02:00: <Jimera0> when one goes down he just steps in to replace them
03:02:03: <Jimera0> hope he's village
03:02:20: <Jimera0> give us a safety blanket should our BG or full inspector get wasted

So, judge for yourselves. I think it's pretty clear :P

EDIT:

And from later in they day after Tan public claimed...

22:02:39: <Jimera0> get my pm?
22:02:51: <Ranger97> yeah
22:03:01: <Jimera0> so what do you think?
22:03:27: <Ranger97> could be real, could be fake :/
22:03:52: <Ranger97> you should try to inspect his role
22:04:10: <Ranger97> though he is starting a spreadsheet...
22:04:18: <Jimera0> yeah he gave me access
22:04:26: <Jimera0> it's pretty pathetic tbh lol
22:04:35: <Jimera0> he forgot to put Blackhawk11 on it too XD
22:04:54: <Jimera0> so you want me to inspect his role tonight?
22:05:23: <Ranger97> yeah, but if hes a mole it wont say that :/
22:05:26: <Jimera0> should give us a 100% answer because there's no mafia without roles in most games
22:05:36: <Jimera0> yeah true but we can't really assume evryone is a mole
22:05:45: <Jimera0> there won't be more than one and what's the chance it's him?
22:05:58: <Jimera0> well I guess there could be more than one
22:06:08: <Jimera0> but this being a begginer match I find that unlikely
22:06:12: <Ranger97> he seems sincere, but could be an idiot
22:06:24: <Jimera0> yeah lol he's clearly not the brightest person
22:06:36: <Jimera0> AOPS claimed to him too if you didn't know
22:06:50: <Jimera0> I've also noticed you're not sharing info with him :P I don't blame you I wouldn't either
22:07:11: <Ranger97> Well, aopuser is a moron :/
22:07:17: <Jimera0> XD
22:07:40: <Jimera0> I haven't told him anything he didn't already know
22:07:55: <Jimera0> though I did clarify a couple role names for him >.> he didn't know your role is called rogue
22:08:03: <Ranger97> but, i think tan might be sincere
22:08:04: <Jimera0> and he had labled me as a full inspector
22:08:11: <Jimera0> yeah just dumb as a brick XD
22:08:16: <Ranger97> lol
22:08:19: <Jimera0> we'll know soon enough
22:08:42: <Jimera0> role inspection will reveal his allegiance this time thankfully
22:08:57: <Jimera0> if he faked he made a mistake picking a vanillager :P
22:09:09: <Ranger97> good

Seems like Ranger doesn't have a very high opinion of you AOPS.

Actually, I just realized that I have one last trump card... one piece of information I turned up way back on N1.

MrcRanger97 is probably the wolf.

How do I know this? No I didn't inspect him, but I DID inspect Steamroll. And on Day 1, I told Ranger about Steamroll's role as a backup, when I was trying to ingratiate myself to him. He was the only person I told outside of my own team.

And then Steamroll is killed by the wolf the very next night. I was somewhat stunned when I made the connection; my team had specifically avoided killing Steamroll SPECIFICALLY to avoid suspicion falling on ME. But he dies the very next night. And the ONLY other party I had given the key information to was Ranger.

Now what are the chances of the Wolf hitting the one role that could screw him over the most* on Night 1? Well there were 17 players still on night one, giving him a 1 in 16 chance of hitting him.

One in 16, pretty long odds. And yet, Ranger here had put himself in a position of power with a role PM no one could disprove... He asked for inspections, counting on the fact that he asked to clear him on his own, or perhaps he has a mole ability (which causes a fake role PM to go out to inspectors instead of a real one), which isn't uncommon for a Lone Wolf to have.

And it gets worse, because on N2, just now, Nexus got killed by the wolf. Nexus was a role stopper, which can stop kills, making him very dangerous to the Wolf, as it could expose him. Nexus also role stopped me the same night, showing coordination. Ranger, having played games in the past, probably knew that the role stop would still go through and that he could eliminate his other big threat the same night. So now I ask you, what are the chances of the Wolf hitting two targets in a ROW that are of great threat to him? Slim to none.

So villagers, I ask you... Who is more dangerous to you? My inspector role puts none of you at immediate risk; it can't kill you or stop your actions. Killing me won't put an end to the kills for my team either, since as long as my team lives we can still kill.

The wolf on the other hand, has more information than I could ever dream of and a kill every night. And all you need to do to stop the kills is just kill one person; him.

So I say, Lynch MrcRanger97! No one wants the wolf alive, the village least of all.

Now why should you believe me? Well for one, I haven't lied at all except for when it was vital. I wasn't lying at all with the proposed alliance; I honestly thought that it was beneficial for all the scum. I haven't lied at all, except to say that my role was Jan Brewer the role inspector, and that was only because I had to. I told the truth about all my inspections. I believe that lying when you don't have to is a bad idea, since it just gives you more ways to get caught. I haven't lied to you yet and I'm not lying to you now. I truly believe that Ranger97 is the wolf, and that he is playing every last person in this game.

Now, you have the chance to stop him.

*Backup screws him up the most because it means vital roles would take two nights to eliminate instead of one, and killing off a vital role would immediately expose him. A bodyguard wouldn't screw him over since he has the Bodyguard by the leash anyway as leader, and an Inspector doesn't bother him as he has a mole ability.
Remaining Media, read this carefully. After saying he would allow the wolf to live, he tries to start a lynch on the "proposed wolf". How could you possibly trust him if he doesn't keep his own promises? You are now a less powerful wolf, and joining with Jimera will be the end of you.

As for Ranger, could he be the wolf? Of course. However, we do not know this for a fact. What, in truth, do we know? We know that Jimera is desperate not to die. We know that his last ditch effort to save himself last night failed. He is trying to save his own hide once again, and is you allow him to do so, you are playing right into his hands. Even if he is the wolf, we should not kill him now, and instead focus our efforts on killing Jimera, or even better if possible, the last member of the Media, who will be killing tonight.

I would let the wolf live if my uniting plan had worked >.> obviously that didn't pan out so I have to change my plan. I have no intention of allying with the wolf now since it's clear the wolf has no intention of allying with me. That plan fell through yesterday, get with the picture.

Basically, they didn't keep their end of the bargain so I'm not keeping mine. had the wolf and mafia ended up working with me, I would have had no reason to point him out. No one worked with me, so unfortunately I am forced to put the others forth as offerings for my own life. If they had worked with me, it would not have come to this.

As for not knowing for sure if Ranger is the wolf... yeah we don't know for sure. But you have a lot more to lose if Ranger IS the wolf than you do if I don't get lynched. You can always lynch me day 3; at this point there's little hope of me getting the numbers to protect myself yet again. Ranger on the other hand, holds all the cards. He has the BG as his personal lapdog, he has several of your claims, and he can kill. Every. Single. Night. And the wolf has already shown uncanny accuracy...

As for losing Ranger, well, if he's a good leader he'll already have a second in command ready. It's not like he has a role that can actually help you in and of itself. You don't need his vote anymore. You lose little by lynching him if he's village, and gain so much if he's wolf.

Ranger, as the wolf, has fashioned a very strong plan. Lead the village, kill mafia by day, kill village by night. Doing so he slowly eliminates all the threats against him, until it's just him and a few defenseless villagers, desperately trying to find the wolf among them while their very leader is the culprit. It's a damn good plan, and with it it's hardly any surprise he didn't consider allying with me yesterday. He already has the power, he has nothing to gain by following my orders.

You leave Ranger in power and you will lose the last of your members that can stop him over the next couple days. You leave me alive, and I get one extra inspection, assuming you don't block me again somehow. The risks are clear, and I think the evidence is clear too. Make your choice. Your team's fate depends on you choosing right.

The right choice is not letting proven scum like yourself dictate what the village does, or listen to anything you have to say otherwise, idc if you think im wolf, as I know im not, and thats all I need to lead the Republican's to the best of my abilities. I have done a good job thus far, and I intend to lead the republicans to victory. Nothing you say or do will change that.

The right choice is not letting proven scum like yourself dictate what the village does, or listen to anything you have to say otherwise, idc if you think im wolf, as I know im not, and thats all I need to lead the Republican's to the best of my abilities. I have done a good job thus far, and I intend to lead the republicans to victory. Nothing you say or do will change that.
Scum is such a bad word, it implies that we'll cheat and lie to win. In truth, we're just another team, and the circumstances we're put in force us to lie to survive.

So yes, I'm proven be on the other team. But that doesn't make my points any less valid. There is a LOT of circumstantial evidence that points to you being the wolf. I'm not the only one that thinks so either. You've gotten this far leading the village based on sheer conviction and force of will; you haven't ever proven yourself to be village, and haven't even provided a method to do so with. Really, only the fact this is a beginner game has let you lead at all, since no experienced player would ever trust you given your flimsy claim.

Well I'm here to lift the wool from these fellows eyes. Even if they decide that they should take me out first, it's still to my benefit if the wolf is eliminated eventually, and it's to the village's benefit as well. While we might be opposing teams, we're united in that we ALL oppose the wolf.

And I am sure that the wolf is you.

I have been persuaded (for those of you who don't know, that means they have a role that makes a user vote to lynch a user, or else they die. This is what mostly likely killed Darkaxis d1.) By the Illegal Aliens to Lynch Myself :/
Lynch MRCranger97
Stupid Scum.
EDIT: as it seems no one trusts me enough, and im not vital, I might as well die proving im not the wolf
Lynch Jimera0
Good Luck Republicans.
EDITEDIT: FINE!
Substantial pestering from the people who actually DO trust me has gotten me to try and keep me alive :/ fuck you.
Lynch MRCranger97
seriously guys?

Careful, don't switch your vote around from ranger just yet if you didn't believe him before. There's nothing stopping him from changing his vote BACK just before deadline to avoid the God-kill.

If you were going to vote Ranger before, do it now. If he really does follow through with his suicide, then I'll be lynched anyway, so there's no danger at all.

There is no reason for anyone else to vote. Keep it where it is now, else that would give us less time to figure things out, plan for tomorrow, etc. etc.

so don't vote, please. If you vote now, you will be put under heavy suspicion.

also please don't update 10 minutes early aska.

Yup, bluffing. What did I tell you? A calculated move to try and make you trust him more. Just like he claims to be open to inspection to get you all to let your guard down.

Ranger is not new at this... he knows his stuff.

wasnt bluffing, I was fully prepared to kill myself. And in a way, still are (as im lynching myself lol) but the people convinced me that every vote counts. Believe im wolf if you want. It won't change the fact that i am not. And again, this is coming from Jimera, who is trying very desperately to save his skin. And for those of you who think im wolf, fine. Believe what the LIAR is feeding you. He lied to everyone, so why is now any different? All his so called "evidence" is purely circumstantial, as I was not the only one who knew Steamroll was a backup. He has brought up the point that I knew who nexus was. How? he never claimed, he never talked on irc. If you beleive Jimera, I targeted him. But, Jimera also said I could be a mole. Widely Known Fact: Wolves aren't moles. They'd be too OP if they were. idgaf what you believe, as long as the Republicans win I will be fine.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

After an eventful day, you all decide to lynch Jimera0. As you could tell from his hairy body and spaceship, he was none other than:

Dear Jimera0,
You are Chewbacca.

You are the Wookiee copilot of the Millenium Falcon from the planet Kashyyyk, and no, I did not misspell that word. You hope the other players of this game will let the Wookiee win.

At night, you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - Fly the Falcon by <user>.” You will get a good look at <user> and figure out who he or she is. You will receive <user>’s full role PM.

You are allied with the Illegal Aliens. You win if the Illegal Aliens are the last team standing.
"YES!" shouts MrcRanger97. "We did it! We killed Jimera0!"

Despite his outwardly happy appearance, MrcRanger97 was experiencing severe inner turmoil, and before you all went to sleep, he killed himself. He jumped off of a bridge holding a plushie of a Fearow, hoping that he might fly away. Instead he died. He was:

Dear MrcRanger97,
You are Herman Cain.

You are the eccentric politician who once led polls for the Republican nomination. You became famous for your “9 9 9” policy in which everyone would be taxed the same percentage, and spoke the words to a song from Pokemon 2000 twice.

At night, you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - Recite Pokemon 2000 to <user>.” You will recite the whole movie, line for line, to <user>. <user> will become so endeared by this that if <user> is trying to kill you that night, he will change his mind and you will survive.

You are allied with the Republicans. You win if the Republicans are the last team standing.
Poor Herman Cain.

It is now Night 3. Night 3 ends an hour and a half before 48 hours as of this post.

In the future, don't change your votes after deadline. It won't do anything, and it makes it more difficult for me to figure out what actually happened during the day.

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!

I'll honestly say I did suspect Ranger of being the wolf, right up until around 3 hours ago or so when his demeanor managed to change my mind.

Thankfully for me, he made a fatal mistake.

Everyone knows your truthfulness now Ranger, and I guess I was wrong. But I've never been so glad to be wrong in my life!

Go my allies, and let's finish this! Down with the Republicans! Long live the Illegal Aliens!

Requesting SG, I'm the new town leader.
We together shall avenge the death of Ranger! All remaining townies, contact me! We outnumber the mafians by far! Together, we can win this game!

The following users have yet to send me their role PMs as proof of their innocence;

Honus
The Royal Guard
ButteredToast
YAYtears
idiotfrommars
penguin334

Hurry up and get them in by tonight if you're truly a townie! I'd hate to lynch any of my fellow Republicans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)