A New Beginner [Republicans Win]

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You all wake up. That is, all of you except for one bumbling Texan and one intergalactic time lord. You notice that the Texan had been shot. The bullet pierced the top of his head, went through where his brain should be (but wasn't) and exited through his chest. He was as dead as you get. He was:

Dear The Royal Guard,
You are Rick Perry.

You are the governor of Texas who at one point looked promising as a candidate for the Republican nomination for President. However, you quickly proved to everyone through your inability to speak coherently that you were not fit for the job.

At night you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - Speak incoherently next to <user>.” If <user> is a Republican like yourself and does not have anything better to do that night, he will talk with you. You will be told whether or not your target is a Republican with no night action or not.

You are allied with the Republicans. You win if the Republicans are the last team standing.
The other death was more conspicuous. Over the night, various news segments had been run on Blackhawk11, and to everyone's surprise, he had quite a lot to hide! Indeed, he was staying in the United States illegally! Also, he was an alien. He was:

Dear Blackhawk11,
You are The Doctor.

You are the last Time Lord, come to save the Earth from various evil beings that would kill us all otherwise. You fly around space and time in a machine called the Tardis that’s bigger on the inside than it is on the outside and is generally amazing.

At night you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - Convincing <user1> that <user2> is evil.” You will take <user1> back through time and show him all of <user2>’s misdeeds. <user1> will be forced to vote for <user2> the next day.

You are allied with the Illegal Aliens. You win if the Illegal Aliens are the last team standing.
You all look at each other, wondering who exactly it was who killed these people.

It is now Day 4. Day 4 ends 24 hours as of this post.

Alright everyone, here's a lynch target for today - ButteredToast
Here's the role PM he sent me:
Dear Vix ButteredToast,
You are Arnold Schwarzenegger.

You are a famous actor turned politician, and former "Governator" of California. At times, your prominent Austrian accent makes you somewhat incomprehensible.

At night, you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X – Call <user>.” You will make an important phone call to <user>. <user> will spend hours trying to decipher what you are saying, and will be unable to do anything they were planning on doing that night. You may not target the same <user> two nights in a row.

You are allied with the Republicans. You win if the Republicans are the last team standing.
As everyone here knows, our town hooker, Newt Gingrich (rip Nexus), died Night 2. I highly doubt that we would get two hookers, so...
Also Schwarzenegger is an immigrant, so here we can kill off the last of the Aliens today, which means one less kill.

Lynch ButteredToast

You have got to be kidding me here right? Isn't this a little like the pot calling the kettle black? From what you claimed, there were two people given to the Republicans whose ability was to check roles. And one of them is you? It kind of seems suspicious and back handed on why you would call me out for the same speculation that you yourself have done. If you were a good leader at all and really had our best interest at heart, you would at least give my claim a chance and allow me to prove that I am who I say I am. Instead you gung-ho accusations onto a person with a role that can help this village out. Let me point out to you that this game had not really went all too smooth when it comes to role PM leading to the death of an honest man in Tan. Everyone, including myself, found it to be a bit off in a bunch of ways. He was almost killed because of your accusations but thankfully he had the chance to defend himself. I know things look a bit off; I can only ask a chance to prove myself least you be proven wrong on your suspicions for the second time and destroy the our chances by wasting an opportunity to go after the other three. Honestly, I don’t know how you were able to self-appoint yourself to leader after being almost lynched for God knows what even despite your wrong accusations. And are you fucking nuts by saying that because Arnold is an immigrant, I must be part of the illegal aliens? The hell kind of stretch is that?

Now, this may not be the best time or place for me to be ordering you guys on what to do, but I do have an alternative target that is more certified to be proven. I believe that I have found the Wolf and I would like to give my reasons for why I think this. There can be no doubt anymore that penguin344 is the lone wolf or at the very least mafia and that PENGUIN344 SHOULD BE LYNCHED and count that as my vote.My reasoning is as follows, but it is pretty long in order to explain how this came to be, but bear with me.

I joined this game as a sub on Day 1, and as such, I was placed in an immediate time disadvantage. I am unable to go on IRC because of parental blockings on my computer, and had to be completely careful on who I PM’ed for fear that they could be mafia and knowing my semi-powerful role, would look to kill me quick. After I was brought up to speed on the game, completely understanding my role, and reading over some old mafia games in order to get my bearings on the mistakes that other people made so I would not die right off the bat, I scanned the player list and saw penguin344, the only person in this game I’ve actually known and talked to. I knew his trustworthiness from the smogon games of Warlight (which is a online RISK simulation) that DM set up awhile back, and penguin never broke his word in our alliances even though he could have, and I fully trusted him. I figured that the odds of him being village were pretty good and looked to team up with him. However, when I approached him about helping me through PM’s, he was very delayed in responding. Since I put a receipt on pretty much all my messages, I knew he read them. When he did respond, he was very hesitant on talking about the game itself.

When I finally got him talking to me, everything seemed forced and he would not work with me. So I decided to formulate a plan to convince him to help work with me. I saw no holes in it, I made sure it was fair and he’d be comfortable with it. I backed everything up with statistics and reasoning. I told him what I was thinking and he seemed real interested. However, when I finally sent it to him, it took him two days to respond back to me even though he read it.

And then the next time I talked to him was about 3 hours before the deadline and he tried to bully me into forsaking the plan and just to give him my role PM. I got real suspicious at it, as the plan was nearly all around perfect and played the odds to prove that even if the other of us was mafia, it would still be a plus to the village. The only way things didn’t work is if he WAS mafia or a wolf. So, I got real suspicious and called him out for this behavior, stating that if he didn’t give me some reason not to that I would role stop him. He said that a good reason for not role blocking his was because he had no night. He produced a sketchy Role PM, which I found suspicious for many ways, and still do. It is as follows:

Dear penguin344,
You are Dan Quayle.

You are the former vice president of the US under George H. W. Bush. Over the course of the many speeches you gave, you’ve probably misspoken more often than not and you have become a joke.

You have no night action. However, you have some secret service agents still around from when you used to be VP, so the first kill directed at you will fail.

I found this to be extremely ridiculous for a number of reasons. From everyone who has died, republican or mafia, each person is a MODERN POLITICIAN. All are quite modern. Even last night’s death were ALL MODERN. Secondly, Dan Quayle is such a safe move. Chances are that guys like Regan or George HW Bush might be chosen, but someone so unimportant would be a safe shot not to double up and get caught in a lie. I mean, if you were aska and had to choose someone to be a bulletproof vest, why would you choose Dan Quayle? Cheney for all his surgeries or Regan for actually being shot before or McCain for being a POW or Jim McMillian of the rent is too damn high party for never being able to be silenced. BUT DAN QUAYLE? Unless aska has some kind of fetish for America’s dumbest vice president in all of history, it’s pretty weird to place him on a list of only 10 republicans and as more of us keep getting killed, the chances of Quayle fitting the bill are slimming . Third, he claimed a non-power role, which wouldn’t make sense to how he approached me before. If he was really a BPV, why would he care so much if I was mafia? The mafia would just waste one of the kills on him and he’d save someone else. It would allow him to trust me and to allow me to get in.

I was convinced that he was lying and was mafia. But I needed some more evidence on who he really was. So I slightly altered my PM role and gave it to him so that the block message would not match up in case I needed to block him that he wouldn’t kill me. I still told him I was Arnold and that I was the role blocker though. All I did was change the ability. That whole shit fest with Jimero was still going on and I thought that it would be worth the risk to myself and to the benefit to the village to block him from getting a claim and passing it on to the mafia. Penguin, who I think began to trust me more, told me that he was close to ranger and that blocking jimerao was the good move. I kind of agreed, but told Penguin that I might still block him to see if he was telling the truth. I ended up blocking Jim and taking my chances. If penguin really did talk to Ranger, and it looked like it was true because of how they tagged teamed jim, penguin would be uncovered as mafia if I died all of a sudden.

But then night happened, and nexus died, and penguin demanded to know the truth of what I claimed. I told him that everything was exactly as I said it was and I said that I would talk to ranger and have him inspect me to prove that I was exactly who I said I was. Me and penguin haven’t spoken since, which I thought was weird. And then it was even stranger when ranger killed himself. I knew I had to block him to prove that he was mafia or wolf and I did. After I sent in my block, I claimed to draycos and told him briefly my suspicions on penguin and what I was doing tonight.

What got me to think that he was wolf is what last night. I sent in my block, but it didn’t go through and I got a update from aska which said:

You attempted to call penguin334 last night, but got the answering machine instead.
The only thing that I can think of that would cause that to happen would be if he was the wolf, because usually to make things fair, wolves have priority over everyone else. This is literally the only explanation I have for things not working out and even if it’s not correct, he had to be not telling the truth in his claim. I would think that if he was telling the truth, nothing would have happened tonight as it would have gone through. I can’t think of anything that could explain it, and with everything else that happened this game, I don’t think we have any other choice. And this would also make a lot of sense because the wolf has hit with pinpoint accuracy these last few nights and penguin was inside with ranger, he probably had all of his claims. Even jimero acknowledged this fact. Too many things don’t line up.

Honestly, I’m telling the truth here. Draycos, you can testify at part to what I told you before the deadline. I doubt penguin would try and tell you the truth because his heads on the chopping block, but he can’t deny some of the things that happened. All I can ask is that you trust me and allow me to prove myself. If you want to inspect me or if you want me next night to block someone to prove who I say I am, please do that and allow me to prove that I’m not just making this up. If you lynch me instead of penguin, he’ll probably kill another one of us and I’ll be dead as well. Even if by some miracle he is telling the truth like Tan was, he no action and can’t help as much as I can. We can’t even test him to see if he’s telling the truth. Just don’t lose this game for us because you didn’t give me a chance.

The plan was not perfect, as if you were mafia, it would have been a 100% chance of claiming to the wrong person. If you were village, and a mafia found you, you were dead.

Also, this story isn't exactly true. All Toast gave me during the Jimera thing was that he was a role blocker. No pm. It wasn't until Nexus died, and his claim began to be thrown into suspicion, that you gave me this:

Originally Posted by Fat askaninjask
Dear Vix ButteredToast,
You are Arnold Schwarzenegger.

You are a famous actor turned politician, and former "Governator" of California. Being such a famous actor, many people know who you are and want your autograph.

At night, you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - Sign autograph for <user>.” You will sign anything and everything that <user> throws at you. <user> will not miss out on such a chance, and will be unable to do anything else they were planning on doing that night. You may not target the same <user> two nights in a row.

Why would you change the flavor of the hook, but still leave in that it was a hook? It makes absolutely no sense to send two different pms flavorwise, that have the exact same ability. It servers no purpose.

Also, aska might choose Dan Quayle because he was a VP people remember?

For now, Lynch ButterdToast

Also, if he is Mafia, which I have suspected he is, he is probably aliens, simply because the aliens haven't had a hooker yet and his claim would be based around his role.

Why would you change the flavor of the hook, but still leave in that it was a hook? It makes absolutely no sense to send two different pms flavorwise, that have the exact same ability. It servers no purpose.
I didn't (and still don't) trust you as far as I can throw you and knew that at some point I would probably have to role block you. When that time came, I didn't want you to get suspicious of me if there was a message and then you would have killed me. Again, you just don't add up.

If what you said WAS true, I'd still be pretty safe and it was not like I completely made up a role. It's not like what I changed was detrimental to the village. I just covered my ass a bit, and I admit that, but it was a smart, calculated move with the my and the villages best interest at heart.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
You all (almost) unanimously decided to lynch ButteredToast today. He died a horrible death. He never was able to phone home. :(

Dear Vix ButteredToast,
You are ET.

You are the adorable friendly alien from the Spielberg movie ET. All you want to do is phone home, but the Republicans want to deport you before you can do that.

At night, you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - ET phone <user>.” You will call <user> on a phone. <user> will have to pick up, and will be unable to do anything they were planning on doing that night. You may not target the same <user> two nights in a row.

You are allied with the Illegal Aliens. You win if the Illegal Aliens are the last team standing.
With that, the Illegal Aliens were no more! Truly this was a triumphant day for the Republicans. The Aliens were:

Dear Vix ButteredToast, Blackhawk11, and Jimera0,
You are the Illegal Aliens.

You want to stay, but the Republicans want to deport you back to your home planets. Since they seem unwilling to compromise on this issue, you’ve decided the best route you could take is to kill them all. You consist of:
Vix ButteredToast, ET, Role Stopper
Blackhawk11, The Doctor, Persuader
Jimera0, Chewbacca, Inspector

In addition to these roles, you have an additional role that you may use as a team. Every other night starting on Night 2, ONE of you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - Zap <user> with alien laser guns.” You will zap <user> will alien laser guns, killing him.

You also know that <snip> is not a role in this game. If one of you tries to pretend to be a Republican, it would be wise of you to pretend you are <snip>.
With one threat gone, you all turned your eyes to the other threats. Still, there were the Liberal Media Elite to fight. In addition, you all had to combat the Lone Wolf. You hoped that they would die quickly as well.

It is now Night 4. Night 4 ends 48 hours as of this post.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
A sad night for the Republicans. There was one death - but a very important death. No idle chatter filled the capitol today. In fact, you could tell that the institution of marriage itself had just been weakened by this woman's death. After looking around, you saw YAYtears lying dead on the ground, having been shot through the head from above.

Dear YAYtears,
You are Michele Bachmann.

You are the crazypants politician who once led polls across the nation for the Republican candidacy. Despite being a woman running for office, you have been quoted as saying that all women should be subservient to men, as it says in the Bible.

At night, you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - Being subservient to <user>.” You will be subservient to <user> and simultaneously gather all of the information you can about him (or her). You will receive <user>’s full role PM.

It is now Day 5. Day 5 ends 24 hours as of this post.

OK guys, lynch target for today.

askaninjask said:
Dear Solace,
You are George W. Bush.

The former president of the United States and former governor of Texas, you are notorious for your stupidity.

You have no night action. However, since you are flexible, you can fill in any of the roles your fellow Republicans want you to. As such, once in the game you may copy the role of a dead Republican and use it for the remainder of the game.

Solace sent this in earlier, and if you look at the description it's a carbon-copy of Steamroll's. In addition, the flavor description is too short. Looks like someone's a faker.

Lynch Solace

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Actually, I had sent that since Draycos didn't initially claim to me (I also sent that fake role PM to anyone I wasn't sure could be trusted), and when he called me out on it, I sent him my actual role PM, and he still didn't claim in return. However, with my actual role I was able to figure out that Draycos is actually not allied with the Republicans.

askaninjask said:
Dear Solace,
You are George W. Bush.

The former president of the United States and former governor of Texas, you are notorious for your stupidity.

Because of your stupidity, your cabinet takes pity on you and allows you to ask questions to help you understand things better. At night, you may PM the host, askaninjask, one question about anything in the game. You will receive a yes or no answer.

Last night, I asked if Draycos was allied with the republicans. The response I received was:

askaninjask said:
You discover from one of your cabinet members that Draycos7 is not a Republican.
I was hesitant to give out my real role PM to anybody because of fear of one of the mafia factions. However since my legitimacy is being called into question, I think it's worth the risk of giving out my real role in order to stop Draycos7 from leading this village to defeat.

Lynch Draycos7

Solace; you haven't posted the whole game. Not even one vote. Nothing beyond a glhf.
Also, there's no way that we as a town would have 3 nightly information-getting roles with 17 players, that would just be bad game design.

Solace

royal flush
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There was never a need for me to post. My strategy was to stay under the radar until I found out anything that would even be important. Not to mention, this whole time "leading" the village you've just been collecting role PMs, which would be great for someone against the village to decide which people are threats to eliminate.

You still had no reason to claim backup when anyone with half a brain could see though it. You literally copied Steamroll's descriptive text word-for-word.
And there's also the matter of your flavor text. In every other PM I've seen, it's been exactly two sentences. Both of yours have only one.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
A consensus was reached and you determined that Solace was the most likely one of you to be evil. And you were right! Solace was:

Dear Solace,
You are George Stephanopoulos.

You used to be one of the campaign managers for Bill Clinton before changing careers and becoming a journalist. Also the host, askaninjask, once met you in real life, and it was pretty awesome.

At night, you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - Run a news segment on <user>.” You will discover everything about <user>, seeing his entire role PM.

You are allied with the Liberal Media Elite. You win if the Liberal Media Elite are the last team standing.
With that, the Liberal Media Elite were no more. They were:

Dear Darkaxis, Trollmonchan, and Solace,
You are the Liberal Media Elite.

You’re sick and tired of being beaten around by these Republicans, and now you want to get back at them. You consist of:

Darkaxis, Keith Olbermann, Role Stopper
Trollmonchan, Jon Stewart, Silencer
Solace, George Stephanopoulos, Inspector

In addition to these roles, you have an additional role that you may use as a team. At night, ONE of you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - Showing <user>’s misdeeds on national television.” <user>’s career will be ended, and they will be killed.

You also know that <snip> is not a role in this game. If one of you wants to pretend to be a Republican, you should pretend to be <snip>.
And there was much rejoicing.

It is now Night 5. Night 5 ends 48 hours as of this post, or until I get all night actions.

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
After nobody posted in the night, you all woke up and noticed that someone had resigned from their position of being alive. This man was idiotfrommars. He was:

Dear idiotfrommars,
You are Richard Nixon.

You are the former US president who forged today’s bond between the United States and China. Additionally, after reassuring everyone that you were not a crook, you were the only president to ever resign from office.

At night, you may PM the host, askaninjask, “Night X - Forge bond between the US and <user>.” You will come to a trade agreement with <user>. <user> will be forced to target you that night.

4 remain! Only three of them are Republicans. Who will win? You decide!

It is now Day 6. Day 6 ends in 24 hours or majority.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)