NOC a nice basic game of actual mafia - Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampharos

tag walls, punch fascists
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Approved by shade. Balance begrudgingly okayed by Da Letter El.
The thick stench of cigar smoke hung lazily in the air, obscuring the vision of the bar's patrons - not that they needed any help with that, with the way they were drinking. In the corner booth by the kitchen door, the man in black pounded back another shot. I should really be sober for this, he thought. I could use my wits about me tonight.

Grinning to himself, he stumbled over to the bar to order another round.
His absence had not been wasted, for three men awaited him when he returned to the booth.

The first wore the most conspicuous trenchcoat imaginable, complete with anachronistic hat pulled low over his eyes. He was doing about as good of a job at keeping a low profile as the man in black was at staying sober. Next to the trenchoat man lay a large briefcase, the contents of which were unknown to anyone but the man himself, but were frequently assumed to contain a vast array of lockpicking supplies and other various doodads.

The second man nearly took up an entire side of the table by himself. He bore the immensely muscled figure of a star athlete, one who would have been immensely popular with the ladies had he not been twice as hairy as the next hairiest man in the establishment. He was attired in simple jeans and a white T-shirt, though both were marred by mysterious dark brown stains.

The third man was about as inconspicuous-looking as the trenchcoat man probably thought he himself was. He was of average height and slender build, with a receding head of mousy-brown hair and thick-rimmed spectacles, which he was in the process of nervously wiping down with a weather-beaten cloth. Glancing up, he noticed the man in black's return and cocked a nervous half-smile, stuffing the cleaning cloth into a pocket on his satchel, right next to a can of lighter fluid and a box of matches.

With as much grace as he could muster, the man in black plopped down into the seat next to the trenchcoat man. After taking a glace at the three faces around him, he raised his glass skyward.

"To partnership," he said. "Tonight, may we drink. Tomorrow..."

His grin widened to uncomfortable proportions. If one had been able to get a good look at his face, one would have noticed a manic glint in his eye.

"Tomorrow, may we hunt."

Hey kids we gon play some mafia!

Specifically, this is a more traditional sort of mafia game that you might see on other sites like MafiaScum. It's much closer to the actual game of Mafia played in real life than most Smogon games are.

The rules of the game are here:

Communication
You may not speak to anyone about the game outside of the main game thread, period. The ONLY exception is that members of the mafia may communicate in their team PM on Smogon.

Day and Night
This game takes place in two stages - Day and Night. During the Day, players will have the chance to make posts and vote for one player's death. During the night, players will use their role's abilities, and no posting is allowed. The game will start on a Day phase, called Day 1, and will cycle to Night 1 -> Day 2 -> etc.

The Lynch
Each day, a lynch will occur. Players may vote for a player they wish to see lynched by posting a bolded Lynch <user> or Vote <user>. To change votes, I would strongly prefer if players first unvoted. At the end of the day, the player with a plurality of votes will die. Players may also choose to vote for no lynch; if this option wins, nobody will die at the end of the day. Additionally, a tied vote will result in no death.

Night Roles
At night, players may use abilities tied to their role. To do so, specify who you're targeting in your role convo with me. In addition to their roles listed below, the Mafia will have the chance to kill a player each night. They must specify which player will perform the kill, and this is subject to certain limitations (see below).

Dying
Dead players will have their full roles revealed in the thread. After this, they are effectively no longer in the game - they may not post or use night roles. Additionally, dead mafia members will no longer be allowed to post in their team's convo.

Winning
The Village wins if they kill all members of the Mafia. The Mafia wins when the Village can no longer prevent their death at the hands of the Mafia.

Misc.
-Do not edit or delete posts.
-Do not spill too much info to nonplayers, as I will probably need subs.
-Do not screenshot anything game-related.
-There is no limitation on claiming.
-Majority vote (defined as half the number of living players, rounded up if odd, +1 if even) will immediately end the day and lynch the vote's target. Majority is not required for a lynch to occur.
-Deadlines will be strictly delineated. Votes made after deadline will not count, even if I'm not around to immediately call deadline.

This is an open-setup game, meaning that you guys get to know what roles are in the game beforehand. Those roles are as follows:

1 x Mafia Arsonist - A basic mafia goon
1 x Mafia Wolf - A basic mafia goon
1 x Mafia Saboteur - Mafia roleblocker, cannot consecutively doubletarget, cannot perform kill while Arsonist/Wolf are still alive
1 x Mafia Mastermind - Mafia rolecop, cannot perform kill while Arsonist/Wolf are still alive

1 x Village Firefighter - Protects users from the Arsonist's kills
1 x Village Woodsman - Protects users from the Wolf's kills
1 x Village Forensic - Is alerted to whether or not his target is the Arsonist or Saboteur
1 x Village Hunter - Is alerted to whether or not his target is the Wolf or Saboteur
7 x Vanilla Town
For those of you who are like me and cannot do math, that means this game will have 15 total players.

Sign-up here in this thread, y'all know the drill. I'll close signups in 48 hoursish.

REGARDING DEADLINES: I'd LIKE to be able to do 36 hour days followed by 12 hour nights, which is the format most commonly used on Mafia Universe and actually works really well, but I don't know if that's feasible on Smogon. I'm tentatively going to say that days will be 72 hours and nights 48 hours, but I'd really like to know if it's possible to shorten that.

Signups (17/15):
Haruno
GoodMorningEspeon
King_
tropiusisbae
OM room
SomewhatOddish
Whydon
Aubisio
Former Hope
sandshrewz
Empoof
Thetwinmasters
Jalmont
shubaka17
Mithril
Da Letter El
UncleSam (low prio)

Subs
Cancerous
rssp1 (low prio)

just fyi signups are not first-come first-serve, you can still sign up if the game's full and i might pick you to be in

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)