XY OU A Noobs Sand Offense Team

Hello guys i wanna start this off by saying i dont think i and/or my team is good. so here is my first decent OU team.

First off we got none other than TTar. got this guy to set up sand and maybe even get a sweep late game
got ice punch for pesky gliscors and dragons. was thinking about pursuit over crunch but i think i will stick with crunch because im not very good at predicting.

Spiky Pene (Tyranitar) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Punch
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Next up we got Excadrill(did have gliscor but HJAD pointed out it was a terrible choice to have two ground/flying types) but basically it is thee sand abuser dont know why i didnt have it to begin with. and it helps with getting rid of keldeo calc:252+ Atk Life Orb Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Keldeo: 263-309 (81.4 - 95.6%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock.

Candy (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Alright this next one im not sure on but i thought i would need another way of setting up sand so i added hippowdon to set up my rocks and sand. because i was using this mon solely to set up sand and rocks i thought i would give it smooth rock to keep the sand up as long as possible. got ice fang to take car of dragons and gliscors (if you cant tell i really hate gliscor) and slack off so i can keep this guy alive to keep up the sand.

Swaglodon (Hippowdon) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Stealth Rock

Now finally on to the offense. First i saw that we had a lack of special offense so i went ahead and added good ol' lando'. got earth power for stab, sludge wave for coverage, psychic for mega venusaur and u-turn for switch initiative.

Thor (Landorus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Psychic
- U-turn

alright now we got a pretty cool guy. standard.reuniclus because it had magic guard basically.and it is great because its fast enough to outspeed ferro and kill with focus miss

Light Bulb (Reuniclus) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Focus Blast
- Calm Mind

Now on to the star of the show, THE GREEN BASTARD.(trailer park boys refference) basically its just a banded scizor to take care of dark types for Reuniclus. and kills things like terrakion with bullet punch

The Green Bastard (Scizor) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Bug Bite
- U-turn
- Knock Off

thanks for looking at my team i would love any suggestions you might have. here is the pastebin http://pastebin.com/CEc3G0A3.

Edits: has problems with Conk if it has ice punch,and it has problems with rotom wash. got me over 1400 YUSS looking for a replacement for reuniclus

Last edited:
I know the goal of the team is sand, but I still think that having 4 pokes weak to water and no resists will not work out well.

Hey here to help a bit; the guy above your last post is right, it's not very smart to build teams with large weaknesses. It would be best to swap Hippowdon and Reuniclus for Gyarados and Ferrothorn. Gyarados is a huge threat that has been rising in usage lately for its ability to check Keldeo and smash M-Venu, two mons that can cause this team trouble. Ferrothorn is an excellent mixed defensive mon' that can check a few dangerous special attackers like Greninja and Kyurem-B. But most importantly both Pokemon offer the team some much needed water resistance. You should also use Superpower over Bug Bite on Scizor to deal a huge amount of damage to Ferrothorn and Heatran. Calm Mind over U-turn on Landorus would transform it into an even deadlier threat because it can break through special defensive walls after a couple boost. Also move the 4 HP EVs to Def or SpD on Excadrill to minimize Life Orb recoil. [Optional] You could also use Mega Gyarados instead of Mega Ttar and run Smooth Rock on Ttar to keep the sandstorm up to give Excadrill more turns to secure a late-game sweep. Keep in mind that this would hurt Gyarados's ability to check Keldeo. Good luck with the team.
Gyarados @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Moxie / Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Stone Edge

Hey here to help a bit; the guy above your last post is right, it's not very smart to build teams with large weaknesses. It would be best to swap Hippowdon and Reuniclus for Gyarados and Ferrothorn. Gyarados is a huge threat that has been rising in usage lately for its ability to check Keldeo and smash M-Venu, two mons that can cause this team trouble. Ferrothorn is an excellent mixed defensive mon' that can check a few dangerous special attackers like Greninja and Kyurem-B. But most importantly both Pokemon offer the team some much needed water resistance. You should also use Superpower over Bug Bite on Scizor to deal a huge amount of damage to Ferrothorn and Heatran. Calm Mind over U-turn on Landorus would transform it into an even deadlier threat because it can break through special defensive walls after a couple boost. Also move the 4 HP EVs to Def or SpD on Excadrill to minimize Life Orb recoil. [Optional] You could also use Mega Gyarados instead of Mega Ttar and run Smooth Rock on Ttar to keep the sandstorm up to give Excadrill more turns to secure a late-game sweep. Keep in mind that this would hurt Gyarados's ability to check Keldeo. Good luck with the team.
Gyarados @ Lum Berry / Life Orb
Ability: Moxie / Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Stone Edge
thanks man i will definitely try out all of those suggestions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)