A Pokemon Emerald OU Team!

alright. so i made this team with the thought of only emerald possible sets, moves, stats, items and of course, pokemon.
this team has been pretty successful even on shoddy.
just today, i went 10-2. but who's counting.

edit: whoever's rating, do please tell me which d/p/p things are recommended for shoddy, as this is my competitive emerald team that needs help. All changes are in blue.

Without further ado. THE TEAM:

Spiker + Poison

Impish
Sturdy
Chesto Berry

EVS:
200 Hp, 216 Def, 92 SpDef

Now the EVS might seem odd, and they are. I just threw random spreads together, but more emphasis on hp and defense. because it is my supposed physical wall

Moves:
Rapid Spin
Rest
Spikes
Gyro Ball

This is not a really good lead, but it gets the job done. it was either this, or skarmory. So i picked forretress.
skarmory might replace this.

Cleric + Paralyze

Bold
Naatural Cure
Leftovers

EVS: 96 Hp, 252 Def, 120 SpDef, 40 Spd

This was the recommened spread. i'll edit once tested.

Moves:
Aromatherapy
Seismic Toss
Softboiled
Thunder Wave

Blissey is just here for all those pesky special sweepers that manage to set up, and to heal any statuses away. what got me to have blissey in my team was that it had a whopping 255 base hp(capped at 714) so that reason alone convinced me. it can do so much. t-wave, then seismic toss away. and then i sofboiled just before death to stall some more.

Stall + Burn

Impish
Pressure
Leftovers

EVS: 252 Hp, 232 Def, 24 Atk

As recommended dusknoir replaces dusclops. I will edit thiss when i try it out.

Moves:
Night Shade
Pain Split
Rest
Will O Wisp

Now im not too happy using pain split and rest, where i could put in an offensive move.
but the reason dusclops is in my team wasa for rapidd spin blockers, and pressure. it has such high def stats that it would take more than a hit to kill. almost always. and after the first hit, i either pain split to heal or i could rest. and then the lum would be used.this has some synergy with blissey because it counters fighting, and physical sweepers quite nicely. i will o wisp them, and stall to death.

Speical Sweeper

Timid
Natural Cure
Choice Specs

EVS: 4 Hp, 252 Speed, 252 SpAtk

Changed starmie to complete sweeper. specs are for more sweeping capabilities.

Moves:
Ice beam
Surf
Trick
Thunderbolt

standard boltbeam starmie, with trick.
trick is for the physical sweepers that i can outspeed.

Physical Tank

Adamant
Clear Body
Scope Lens

EVS: 80 HP, 252 Attack, 176 Speed

max out attack, for sweeping capabilities.

Moves:
Bullet punch
Earthquake
Meteor Mash
Ice punch

this WAS agliGross, but i found that when having the option of using agility, i went for the offensive attack instead. so im chaing this Gross completely.

Physical Sweeper/Cber

Adamant
Intimidate
Choice Band

EVS: 100 Hp, 252 Attack, 156 Speed

This salamence i pulled off in the game itself. Its so delicious.

Moves:
Brick Break
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Rock Slide

So i tried using dragonite. and its just not the same. in my opinion, the difference in base hp and base speed really gives salamence an advantage. i would rather lose some defense stats and gain monstrous offense stats.

Now everybody who is rating/criticizing;
- please help me sort of which ev spreads would be best
- any new movesets (just no sets copied from smogon)
- any counters
-what to improve

now just cause its a team based on the GBA pokemon series, it doesnt mean that you still cant point out which d/p/p sets would annihilate this team.

THANKS EVERYONE!

Hi :d lets start this.

Your team has a bit of problems and I will help you fix them.
Fortress-Not the best idea for a lead. Most of the common leads can beat you 1 on 1. If you like bulky leads I recommend Bronzong or Metagross but more prefered metagross. Adamant/Occaberry for beating heatran leads or Lum berry to beat spore leads. 252hp/236Attack/4defence/18speed. This set can make you outspeed the regular metagrosses that only have 8 speed. You can adapt for a more bulky spread if nessary.

Blissey-Fine but it does not need max hp. Isn't like 650 enough for you? You can try 252defence/216 SpD/40speed or 40hp your choice. I recommend speed because having Blissey outspeed somestuff is pretty useful. And like I said the HP is already pretty high.

Dusclops-Why do you have this when the better Duskinor is there? Its alot bulkier and I recommend this more. Everything single stat of Dusknoir's stat is higher then dusclops only speed. 252hp/28attack/228defence. Impish with leftovers. Seeing you already have a special wall this is your defense wall.

Starmie- Could use a scarf and no leftovers and recover. 4hp/252SpA/252speed.
Surf or hydropump/Thunderbolt/Icebeam/trick. This can help you with your weakness to DDmence and DDgyarados.

Metagross-Oh poop didn't see this guy before so you could use Bronzong as your lead. That metagross can have Agility/MM/EQ/Icepunch or thunderpunch. That gives better coverage.

Salamence-Its fine just of the big SR problem you could change starmie to LO spin.

Sorry for the quickrate but I have to go now anyway good luck :D

Hi :d lets start this.

Your team has a bit of problems and I will help you fix them.
Fortress-Not the best idea for a lead. Most of the common leads can beat you 1 on 1. If you like bulky leads I recommend Bronzong or Metagross but more prefered metagross. Adamant/Occaberry for beating heatran leads or Lum berry to beat spore leads. 252hp/236Attack/4defence/18speed. This set can make you outspeed the regular metagrosses that only have 8 speed. You can adapt for a more bulky spread if nessary.

Blissey-Fine but it does not need max hp. Isn't like 650 enough for you? You can try 252defence/216 SpD/40speed or 40hp your choice. I recommend speed because having Blissey outspeed somestuff is pretty useful. And like I said the HP is already pretty high.

Dusclops-Why do you have this when the better Dusknoir is there? Its alot bulkier and I recommend this more. Everything single stat of Dusknoir's stat is higher then dusclops only speed. 252hp/28attack/228defence. Impish with leftovers. Seeing you already have a special wall this is your defense wall.

Surf or hydropump/Thunderbolt/Icebeam/trick. This can help you with your weakness to DDmence and DDgyarados.

Metagross-Oh poop didn't see this guy before so you could use Bronzong as your lead. That metagross can have Agility/MM/EQ/Icepunch or thunderpunch. That gives better coverage.

Salamence-Its fine just of the big SR problem you could change starmie to LO spin.

He said it's an Emerald RMT, so you can't get those pokes

but im still open to the changes.

im using this team on shoddy, so its alright.
i just cant change my ingame team(in emerald)

well, i like the idea, but im not too sure if id be willing to.
i'll try to get some other users inputs on this.

after getting walled,stalled, and beat by a clefable, im also open to a clefable change in my team.

A few thing to say about your Team:

Forretress doesn't make the best lead. If you want Toxic Spikes, I would go with Roserade (or Roselia, If your going with Emerald) as it makes a great Toxic Spikes Lead with Sleep Powder.

If you want Dusknoir to have more Attacking moves, I would suggest putting Wish on Blissey instead of Aromatherapy, As then Blissey can Heal Both Forretress and Dusknoir.

I suggest you replace Forretress with Skarmory, as that would give you that amazing SkarmBliss combo, and give you a Spiker/Phazer.

If your going to make Rosy your Lead and keep Skarmory, there is going to be Seven Members of the Team. I think getting rid of Metagross would be the best Idea here.

Sorry, for all of the Ideas, But I have another one :P Changing your CB Salemence to CB Scizor would make Revenge Killing a lot easier and give your Team some good Synergy.

I like your Idea of an Emerald based Team, I just have a Few Ideas of my own. But what do I know, I'm just a talking Toilet giving advice.​

Your Gardevoir could be switched with a Gengar or even an Alakazam as both do her job better. Unless you switch in-and-out of Salamence often and need extra bulk, I suggest dumping most of the HP EV's into Speed. Your Fortress is.... well if you feel that Toxic Spikes are more important than Stealth Rock or Spikes then go for it. But you must remember that having Toxic means Will-o-wisp and thunder wave may not even be used in battle. And if the other team has a Blissey, then Fortress Toxic Spikes are a waste

A few thing to say about your Team:

Forretress doesn't make the best lead. If you want Toxic Spikes, I would go with Roserade (or Roselia, If your going with Emerald) as it makes a great Toxic Spikes Lead with Sleep Powder.

If you want Dusknoir to have more Attacking moves, I would suggest putting Wish on Blissey instead of Aromatherapy, As then Blissey can Heal Both Forretress and Dusknoir.

I suggest you replace Forretress with Skarmory, as that would give you that amazing SkarmBliss combo, and give you a Spiker/Phazer.

If your going to make Rosy your Lead and keep Skarmory, there is going to be Seven Members of the Team. I think getting rid of Metagross would be the best Idea here.

Sorry, for all of the Ideas, But I have another one :P Changing your CB Salemence to CB Scizor would make Revenge Killing a lot easier and give your Team some good Synergy.

I like your Idea of an Emerald based Team, I just have a Few Ideas of my own. But what do I know, I'm just a talking Toilet giving advice.​
forretress gets outspeeded and then owned by pretty much every lead out there, so I'll try replacing it with skarmory, and get the skarmbliss.. but im taking out toxic spikes, because it doesnt allow me to will o wisp or thunderwave them, and they dance all over me.

however, im not so keen on giving up metagross, because i would only have 2 members capable of doing heavy damage.
But, i like your idea of having cb scizor. i'll try some sets out, then come back and edit.

Your Gardevoir could be switched with a Gengar or even an Alakazam as both do her job better. Unless you switch in-and-out of Salamence often and need extra bulk, I suggest dumping most of the HP EV's into Speed. Your Fortress is.... well if you feel that Toxic Spikes are more important than Stealth Rock or Spikes then go for it. But you must remember that having Toxic means Will-o-wisp and thunder wave may not even be used in battle. And if the other team has a Blissey, then Fortress Toxic Spikes are a waste

i've tried alakazam with this team before(before my forretress had Spin), and after entry hazards it got demolished. so thats out of the question. but i like gengar. i'll think about it.

i gave mence some hp evs so it can take some more hits, i could switch in freely. but i know what youre thinking.
when im up against other mences, i usually get outsped, but i survive their outrage(sometimes) and then i dragon claw back, and they're done. mostly because i have more hp than they do

yeah, i had a battle with the toxic spikes, and for my walls/stallers, i pretty much had 2 or 3 moves. im definitely changing that one.

hi got your pm
i would first replace the specs on starmie for a scarf because pokemon like ddmence or ddgyrados could easily run through your team and with a scarf atleast u can revenge kill them.

i would then replace dusknoir with a rotom-h
Standard
Leftovers Bold
Moveset EVs
~ Thunderbolt / Discharge
~ Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Fighting
~ Overheat
~ Will-O-Wisp / Reflect
252 HP / 168 Def / 88 Spe
rotom outclasses dusknoir as a spinblocker.

for mence i would change it to a mixmence to break opposing stall
Classic MixMence
Life Orb Rash
Moveset EVs
~ Draco Meteor
~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower
~ Brick Break
~ Roost
80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe

hope i helped

This is Rate My Rate right??

If you like bulky leads I recommend Bronzong or Metagross but more prefered metagross. Adamant/Occaberry for beating heatran leads or Lum berry to beat spore leads. 252hp/236Attack/4defence/18speed. This set can make you outspeed the regular metagrosses that only have 8 speed. You can adapt for a more bulky spread if nessary.

Occaberry doesn't beat Heatran unless they choose not to attack as LeadTrans have Shuca berry more often that not, definetely not beating Heatran if that is the case. That is such a funny spread. You get rid of the defence EVs in the analysis necessary to survive adamant band earthquake from dugtrio...you still don't outspeed the majority of Metagross (all good battlers run 32 minimum). Basically, could that spread BE more inefficient!?! Not going to add another Metagross rant in..seeing as my last one was pretty epic..but here I've copied it in below. A bulkier spread is not needed on Metagross.
I don't know what your metagross is smoking, but set me some of that shit....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat holitrix
I can OHKO azelf and aerodactyl with bullet punch, and I can easily SR then EQ opposing metagross leads. I put 12 EVs in speed just so that I can outrun other metagross leads.

A) You cannot OHKO either of them with bullet punch.
Standard Aerodactyl lead takes 69.5% - 82.1% (irrelevant due to 85%< of them holding a focus sash) making this a 2hko.
Standard 0/0 Azelf lead takes 34% - 40.2% (also irrelevant due to I'd say a good 75%+ holding a focus sash) making this a 3hko at best.

B) In a constantly evolving metagame, you must evolve with it. Your Metagross is outsped by the vast majority of Metagross leads currently. The standard scenario of Metagross vs Metagross leads is both earthquake, then the slower one switches, only to have the faster one stealth rock on the switch. Using your method of dealing with Metagross, the outcome is you have stealth rock and a crippled Metagross vs your opponent who has stealth rock and a fully functional Metagross capable of yet further crippling your switchin with the appropriate move (bear in mind Bronzong takes around 85% from an explosion from this sexy beast IIRC, if it indeed runs explosion.).

To fix the above issues, change the quoted sentence for a start. I would reccomend then changing Metagross' EVS and item. I've found 224hp/44spe/240atk to be the most efficient spread. This spread results in you never being 2HKO'd by a typical lead Aerodactyl's earthquake, never being OHKO'd by the typical lead Azelf's fire blast whilst retaining enough Atk to lay the hurt on alot of common leads. I don't think there is a need to post calcs. Now having optimized your defences for minimal investment whilst not changing any 2HKO's to OHKO's, 3HKO's to 2HKO's etc. you are able to invest EV's into that oh so important speed stat. I personally invest the 44spe as shown earlier, though you may wish to invest slightly less to move some to Atk. It is up to personal preference. I do not reccomend ever running less than 32spe to at least speed tie with other common Metagross.

Now for the item, there is absolutely no need to run focus sash on Metagross. Earthquakes from Swampert, Hippowdon and the like will do no more than 50%-60% IIRC even on a good day. Metagross simply has such stellar defences on the physical side, added to that very very little will OHKO our metallic friend from the special side that isn't covered in flames. The only use that would be had from focus sash would be to let you survive said fire attacks or an earthquake from a LO/ Choice Band Mamoswine. It should be replaced with either a Lum or Occa berry. The previous solving your issue with Smeargle leads as they are swiftly dealt with via Earthquake --> Bullet Punch. Whilst Occa allows you a safety net when dealing with Infernapes, Heatrans etc. that get cocky in believing you are the more common LumGross (Bear in mind however that lead Heatran is very likely to have a Shuca berry so be hot on your toes.). With your chosen berry equipped, your moveset should resemble the following depending on what you want your Metagross to achieve, be it to always get stealth rock up against fire types and have the option of hurting them back, or to simply survive 1 STAB fire attack and be able to get stealth rock up whilst having no way of retaliating but being able to explode on something potent like gyarados later on:

W/ Occa berry: Stealth Rock/ Earthquake (or Explosion depending on whether you want to retaliate against the fire types)/ Meteor Mash/ Bullet Punch

W/ Lum berry: Stealth Rock/ Meteor Mash/ Explosion (or Earthquake depending on if you want the coverage or to simply go out with a bang)/ Bullet Punch

NB: You will not be fainting fire types with lum berry unless they do not choose to use a fire attack on you

NB 2: If you are curious, I use the lum berry set with earthquake as I like to keep Metagross around later

NB 3: No set should be used without Meteor Mash as you lose the ability to beat the number 1 lead, Azelf.

Apologies for dragging this part of the rate out, but I <3 Metagross so much and it should be done justice in explaining it's function and I get a bit turnt on just from lecturing about it (Jk)..(but not really).

If you think Metagross is a great lead already, then you will no doubt think it is great x 2 after these changes. I've bolded them for your convenience.

As far as the rest of the team goes, I see quite bad Scarftar issues as it OHKO's starmie,latias,infernape and salamence outright. With only latias giving it some resistance due to its speed. You may be able to play around it, I do not know how good at predictions you are. With your only rock resist being one that utilizes explosion, it causes concern. You have Scizor to get free U-turns off on it and intimidate from Salamence, so I shall not reccomend a replacement. Maybe if you stated Pokes/ Team styles that give you some trouble, I could give a better rate (I don't enjoying picking apart whole teams without the slightest indication of how certain threats are dealt with by the player :P). GL with the team.

Warning..Warning..Sarcasm alert....Yes wow a Blissey WITHOUT flamethrower/ice beam really needs as much speed as it can get!! This can make sure it gets that VITAL seismic toss in! OH, thunderwave + speed EVs makes sooooooooooooooooooo much important difference to a thunderwave Blissey with 0 speed EVS. End sarcasm. Really, give a reason for why speed EVs on that Blissey are useful in the slightest. I don't use Blissey much/ at all but I'd definetely follow common sense + the analysis over this nutjob. I reccomend removing chesto and replacing with shed shell on Forretress if you end up using aromatherapy on Blissey.

Dusclops-Why do you have this when the better Duskinor is there? Its alot bulkier and I recommend this more. Everything single stat of Dusknoir's stat is higher then dusclops only speed. 252hp/28attack/228defence. Impish with leftovers. Seeing you already have a special wall this is your defense wall.

Rotom: 'Everything you can do, I can do better'
Spiritomb: 'Me too! But slightly worse than that awesome thing above me'
Replace Dusknoir with RestTalk Rotom(I think washing machine as you don't particularly like DDTar /w lum or babiri). This does everything your dusknoir is doing ( I dont know if you have guessed but I do not like suggesting Mons that do a different job to what you already have in place, I simply make them do that job better). The set is 252hp/168def/88spe IIRC /w thunderbolt,willowisp,rest,sleep talk. Spin blocks etc.etc.

Using a scarf would usually mean no leftovers buddy. Oh and sure, lets give a scarf to a poke thats scarftar bait enough as it is. Its not like it is rising in usage or anything.....

I give up, kindly don't rate anymore.

Are you reccomending LO spin or scarf starmie for god sake... THINK ABOUT HOW ANY CHANGES YOU MAKE AFFECTS THE REST OF THE TEAM.

He will need it if that's the best rate you can give him
Sorry for the quick Rate My Rate but there isn't much to constructively rate.

Also, other than the improvements listed in the above RMR, the only suggestions I can really make would involve changing a massive portion of your team.

Switch out Lead for Suicide Lead Aerodactyl
Aero,Jolly
Focus sash

Stealth Rock
Ice fang/Taunt
Rock slide
Earth Quake

Not as Common a lead but still Uncommon. Very nice set up and Can serve as Anti lead. Id Find A way to put in a SPikes/ Roar Skarmory because that serves nicely after Aero.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)