A short guide on how to create a Pokemon's movepool

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I had an incident where I copied over my data, so I've had to spend the last few days getting re-motivated and doing it over again.

I still have the TMs Section to do, but I figure I'll post these articles for your review.

From the Movepool Guide(WIP)

Type Diversity Matrix:

This section will go over which types tend to always have or deliberately exclude other attacking types in their movepools. After a brief overview, morphological categories listed above will be used to highlight newly available movepool options. For example, if they have Wings, Normal types usually get Flying moves and Heat Wave.

Methodology:
What I tried to do in the essential morphology section is get a consensus on what type of pokemon get which moves based on their body parts. Electric is a good example of my discretion. There are 3 Electrics with punches. Raichu only gets Thunderpunch, Ampharos gets Fire Punch and Thunderpunch, and Electivire gets all 3 elemental Punches. Thus I split the difference and went with Fire Punch and Thunderpunch. Brick Break and Focus Punch were unanimous.

With the exceptions of Normal and Flying, most types only had one pokemon with a beak or wings, so I copied down that pokemon’s whole relevant move list as a template.

[...]

Interpreting the Matrix

The Type Diversity Matrix is all about creating a pokemon’s initial allowable movepool.

For example. If CAP were to create an Electric/Grass type, its initial allowable competitive movepool would start with the “Always” moves. Take the type descriptions and go from there:

Grass
Grass acts as a primary type most of the time.

Always: Grass, Growth, Sunny Day, Swords Dance
Rare attack types: Electric, Fire, Ghost, Ice, Psychic, Water

Electric
Electric generally acts as a primary type.

Always: Electric, Signal Beam, Rain Dance, Light Screen
Rare attack types: Dragon, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Water

Offensive:

Allowable:
-Discharge
-Spark
-Thunder
-Thunder Fang
-Thunderbolt
-Thunderpunch
-Volt Tackle
-Zap Cannon

-Energy Ball
-Frenzy Plant
-Giga Drain
-Grass Knot
-Leaf Blade
-Leaf Storm
-Magical Leaf
-Petal Dance
-Power Whip
-Seed Bomb
-Seed Flare
-Solarbeam
-Wood Hammer

-Signal Beam

Support:

Allowable:
-Charge
-Magnet Rise
-Thunder Wave

-Aromatherapy
-Cotton Spore
-Ingrain
-Leech Seed
-Sleep Powder
-Spore
-Stun Spore
-Synthesis

-Growth
-Swords Dance
-Light Screen
-Sunny Day
-Rain Dance

The initial disallowed movepool will be more contentious. It would look at the rare attack types to determine unlikely damaging attacks. Grass and Electric both rarely see Ghost, Psychic, and Water moves, so those would be the first to go. Follow through and it would be along the lines of the following:

Offensive:

Disallowed:
-Ominous Wind
-Shadow Ball
-Shadow Claw
-Shadow Force
-Shadow Sneak

-Extrasensory
-Psychic
-Psycho Boost
-Psycho Cut
-Zen Headbutt

-Aqua Jet
-Aqua Tail
-Brine
-Clamp
-Crabhammer
-Dive
-Hydro Cannon
-Hydro Pump
-Muddy Water
-Surf
-Water Pulse
-Water Spout
-Waterfall
-Whirlpool

Support Moves are foggier territory than attack moves. For example, despite rarely having Water or Psychic attacks, the theoretical Electric/Grass is already assumed to be eligible for Rain Dance and Light Screen.

Finally, there are what some often call “flavor” moves. This is why we have the Essential Morphology breakdown. For example, if our Electric/Grass CAP Artist comes up with a design that has usable arms, one could, since Electric and Grass are both primary types, have a good discussion on whether or not it should get Fire Punch. Electrics with punches tend to get it, Grass types rarely get Fire moves at all. Ice Punch, however, seems to curry no favor with either Grass or Electric generally. That being said, both Ludicolo and Electivire get Ice Punch, so the argument against Ice Punch is not canonically bulletproof.

Deck Knight

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This could use a good update. I'm still working on it, but its been going pretty slowly.

I'll post up the first 26 TMs for feedback.

TM Trends:

This section goes over the general trends in TMs, type by type, including relevant features and exceptions. Pokemon that are unable to learn TMs are inherently excluded.

TM 01: Focus Punch

Focus Punch is learned by every single pokemon with physically attached, extendable arms. This excludes disembodied arms such as Haunter’s or Raticate’s footlike claws.

Exceptions: Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Whismur line.

Oddball learners: Sandslash

TM 02: Dragon Claw

Dragon Claw has no particular trend among types, save it is learned among the Dragon type and what Gamefreak seems to hold as pseudo-dragons. Generally they are in the Dragon Egg Group. Phyical attributes of most learners: large, bipedal, fully evolved reptilian style pokemon.

TM 03: Water Pulse

Water Pulse is learned by all Water pokemon, and all Ice pokemon with the exception of the Swinub line. Many Pure Normal pokemon also get it, with no particularly common feature. Anorith seems to be based on an ancient aquatic vertebrate, so it also learns Water Pulse.

Odd learners: Nidoran lines, Aron line. Volbeat, Illumise.

TM 04: Calm Mind

Calm Mind is learned by all except two psychic pokemon lines and roughly half of Ghost pokemon learn it. It is common among special-attack oriented Normal types and a few Dark types. All GSC Era legendaries possess it.

Exceptions: Starmie, Metagross, Gengar, Rotom.

Oddball learners: Sudowoodo, Relicanth, Infernape.

TM 05: Roar

Roar is learned by most fully evolved pokemon based on mammalian or reptilian design. Pokemon outside that general description are noted as being territorial, as in the case of Skarmory and Sharpedo.

TM 06: Toxic

Every pokemon capable of learning TMs learns Toxic.

TM 07: Hail

Hail is learned only by Water pokemon, Ice pokemon, pokemon with dex entries claiming they can change weather patterns such as Dratini line and Castform, and scattered legendaries.

Exceptions: Bibarel.

TM 08: Bulk Up

Bulk Up is learned by every fighting type, then dispersed upon bipedal pokemon with access to Close Combat via Breeding.

Oddball learners: Buizel line.

TM 09: Bullet Seed

Bullet Seed is learned by all Grass types, plus Remoraid line and Mantine.

TM 10: Hidden Power

Every pokemon capable of learning TMs learns Hidden Power.

TM 11: Sunny Day

Sunny Day is learned by every pokemon except for Water and Ice types.

Oddball learners: Slowpoke lines, Remoraid line, Corsola, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Lotad line.

TM 12: Taunt

Taunt is learned by every Dark, and Ghost pokemon, and a majority of Poison and Psychic types. Ape-themed and Normal-typed feline pokemon also get it.

Grass types do not learn Taunt.

TM 13: Ice Beam

Ice Beam is learned by every Water and Ice Type. It is a generic filler move among most other types, with a wide dispersal.

Fire types do not learn Ice Beam
Grass and Electric types do not learn Ice Beam unless they are part Water or Ice.

TM 14: Blizzard

Blizzard is only slightly more exclusive than Ice Beam. It is learned by every Water and Ice type. It is generic filler for other types, with a wide dispersal.

Fire types do not learn Blizzard
Grass and Electric types do not learn Blizzard unless they are part Water or Ice.

TM 15: Hyper Beam

Hyper Beam is learned by every fully evolved pokemon, with only a few rare single stage exceptions.

TM 16: Light Screen

Light Screen is learned by every Psychic and Electric type. It is learned by most non-Poison Grass types.

Dark and Ghost Pokemon do not learn Light Screen.
With rare exception, Non-Psychic/Electric Fire, Fighting, Ground, Poison, Rock, and Steel pokemon do not learn Light Screen.

TM 17: Protect

Every pokemon capable of learning TMs learns Protect, except Regigas.

TM18: Rain Dance

Rain Dance is learned by every pokemon except Non-Water/Ice Fire, Grass, Ground, and Rock pokemon.

Oddball learners: Rhyhorn line, Larvitar line, Aron line, and Budew line learn Rain Dance.

TM 19: Giga Drain

Giga Drain is learned by every Grass type. A majority of Bug Poison types learn it. It is otherwise highly exclusive.

TM 20: Safeguard

Safeguard is learned by almost every Psychic type and non-Poison Grass type.

Dark, Ghost, and Poison Pokemon do not learn Safeguard.
With rare exception, Non-Psychic Electric, Fire, Fighting, Ground, Rock, and Steel pokemon do not learn Safeguard

TM 21: Frustration

Every pokemon capable of learning TMs learns Frustration.

TM 22: Solarbeam

Every Fire and Grass pokemon learns Solarbeam A majority of Bugs learn it, and most pure Normal types. Psychic types occasionally learn it.

Exceptions: Snowver line and Flareon do not learn Solarbeam

TM 23: Iron Tail

Every pokemon with a usable tail somewhere along the line (Kadabra, Mankey) learns Iron Tail.

TM 24: Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt is learned by every electric type. Most Ghost types learn it. It is generic filler for other types, with wide dispersal.

Fire, Fighting, Grass, and Ground types do not learn Thunderbolt
Most Water types do not learn Thunderbolt.

Oddball learners: Mankey line and Magmortar, learn Thunderbolt.

TM 25: Thunder

Thunder is more exclusive than Thunderbolt. It is learned by every electric type. It is generic filler for other types.

TM 26: Earthquake

Earthquake is learned by every Fighting, Ground, Rock, and Steel type. Most fully evolved pokemon learn it.

Electric types do not learn Earthquake. Most Non-Ground/Rock/Steel Psychic types do not learn it.

Exceptions: Skarmory does not learn Earthquake

Oddball learners: Electivire learns Earthquake.

This is a brief sampling of what is to come. I'm only a little bit farther than this. Post Christmas really screwed with my life.

X-Act

np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Looks good. Here are some additions:

TM 08: Bulk Up

Bulk Up is learned by every fighting type, then dispersed upon bipedal pokemon with access to Close Combat via Breeding.

Oddball learners: Buizel line.
Arghonaut is also an oddball. :)

Giga Drain is learned by every Grass type. A majority of Bug Poison types learn it. It is otherwise highly exclusive.
Flygon and Gengar are oddball learners of this move.

TM 24: Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt is learned by every electric type. Most Ghost types learn it. It is generic filler for other types, with wide dispersal.

Oddball learners: Mankey line and Magmortar, learn Thunderbolt.
Another oddball is Lapras, being a Water type that learns Thunderbolt.

TM 25: Thunder

Thunder is more exclusive than Thunderbolt. It is learned by every electric type. It is generic filler for other types.

Fire, Fighting, Grass, and Ground types do not learn Thunder.
Most Water types do not learn Thunder.
Fixed.

As does gyarados?

There's a reason he said most, and not all. The same reason that he did not include any water types in exceptions.

TM 11: Sunny Day

Sunny Day is learned by every pokemon except for Water and Ice types.

Oddball learners: Slowpoke lines, Remoraid line, Corsola, Vaporeon, Glaceon, Lotad line.

Vaporeon and Glaceon aren't really exceptions, as they inherit the ability from Eevee. Lotad line isn't an exception at all, being Grass-type.

Notable exception to Giga Drain is Kabutops. This was largely how we justified putting it on Stratagem. Additionally, Xatu and Uxie get it with no real explanation. Lastly, I assume by "Bug Poison types", you mean "Bug and Poison types", as both bug-types and poison-types tend to get the move.

Deck Knight

A few notes:

The Guide is supposed to be a general guideline for setting up movepools. I didn't feel the need to be that exhaustive. It's supposed to be a trend analysis, not a rehash of Serebii, which is why it focuses primarily on types/traits rather than individual pokemon. If you want to make an argument for Giga Drain on a Psychic type, that would be the time to bring up Xatu. Most people would probably abide it anyway, since Psychic types always get either Energy Ball or Grass Knot to begin with.

I should perhaps mention that I ignore things like Legendaries because they generally have bloated movepools far beyond most of their type. I also try to avoid using the "super filler" pokemon (Aggron/Rhyperior/Nidos etc.) if I can, since generally speaking they also get the most abnormal stuff. Basically its a judgement call.

Deck Knight

Alright, so I think this needs a kickstart for one simple reason:

I've decided a while ago that doing the TMs was a fruitless effort. People will always complain about flavor vs. non-flavor, and additionally it was too hairy and subjective process to ever have been deemed credible coming from only one user (ie me.)

However what has disturbed me is that we always complain about the poor quality of Attacking/Non-Attack move posts when the literally start out with a blank slate.

We can address the specific policy after CAP8 is finished (I will craft a PR thread), but for now I'll post the sections that are relevant, specifically those moves that are attached specifically to types in large enough quantities to be allowed without extenuating circumstances.

I will edit the full guide in shortly, I'm working on it now.

Use Ctrl + F to find a type:

Pokemon initial Allowable/Unallowable moves.

These moves are initially allowed and have the following properties:

1. Non-Pokemon Exclusive (Aeroblast, Sacred Fire, etc.)
2. Found on a majority of their type considering only that type’s pokemon.
3. Exceptions made for non-legendary “exclusives” (Twineedle, Megahorn)
4. At least plausibly competitive.

If a CAP has two types, include the initial options of both types.

Format:

Always: Moves pokemon always get. If it lists a type, it means all the moves in that type, give or take a few small exceptions like legendary moves etc.

Rare Attack types: While not unallowed, they generally aren't seen on that type.

Allowed:

Attacking:

Non-Attacking:

Bug:

Always: Bug, Giga Drain
Rare attack types: Fire, Water, Psychic, Dragon

Allowed:

Attacking:
Fury Cutter
Pin Missile
Leech Life
Twineedle
Bug Bite
Silver Wind
U-turn
Signal Beam
X-Scissor .
Attack Order
Bug Buzz
Megahorn
Giga Drain

Non-Attacking:
Defend Order
Heal Order
Spider Web
String Shot
Moonlight
Morning Sun

Dark:

Always: Dark
Rare attack types: Dragon

Allowed:

Attacking:
Beat Up
Pursuit
Thief
Assurance
Payback
Punishment
Bite
Faint Attack
Night Slash
Crunch
Dark Pulse
Sucker Punch

Non-Attacking:
Embargo
Fling
Snatch
Taunt
Torment
Mean Look
Moonlight

Dragon:

Always: Dragon, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Earthquake
Rare attack types: Ice, Poison

Allowed:

Attacking:
Twister
Dragon Rage
DragonBreath
Dragon Claw
Dragon Pulse
Dragon Rush
Outrage
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Earthquake

Non-Attacking:
Dragon Dance

Electric

Always: Electric, Signal Beam, Rain Dance, Light Screen
Rare attack types: Dragon, Ghost, Grass, Ground, Poison, Psychic, Rock, Water

Allowed:

Attacking:
Charge Beam
Shock Wave
Thunder Fang
Spark
ThunderPunch
Discharge
Thunderbolt
Zap Cannon
Volt Tackle
Thunder
Signal Beam

Non-Attacking:
Charge
Magnet Rise
Thunder Wave
Rain Dance
Light Screen

Fighting:

Always: Fighting, Fire/Ice/ThunderPunch and Blaze Kick unless secondary type overrides.
Rare attack types: Psychic, Bug, Dragon

Allowed:

Attacking:
Triple Kick
Arm Thrust
Double Kick
Mach Punch
Rock Smash
Vacuum Wave
Drain Punch
Force Palm
Revenge
Rolling Kick
Wake-Up Slap
Low Kick
Vital Throw
Brick Break
Submission
Jump Kick
Sky Uppercut
Aura Sphere
Cross Chop
Seismic Toss
DynamicPunch
Hi Jump Kick
Reversal
Close Combat
Focus Blast
Superpower
Focus Punch
Fire Punch
Blaze Kick
Ice Punch
ThunderPunch

Non-Attacking:
Bulk Up
Counter
Detect

Fire

Always: Fire, Solarbeam
Rare attack types: Bug, Poison, Water

Allowed:

Attacking:
Fire Spin
Flame Wheel
Fire Fang
Fire Punch
Lava Plume
Blaze Kick
Flamethrower
Heat Wave
Sacred Fire
Fire Blast
Flare Blitz
Overheat
Blast Burn
Eruption
Solarbeam

Non-Attacking:
Sunny Day
Will-O-Wisp

Flying

Always: Flying, Steel Wing, 2-3 of Heat Wave, Ominous Wind, Icy Wind
Rare attack types: Grass, Fighting, Poison

Allowed:

Attacking:
Air Cutter
Aerial Ace
Chatter
Pluck
Wing Attack
Air Slash
Drill Peck
Fly
Brave Bird
Sky Attack
Steel Wing
Heat Wave
Ominous Wind
Icy Wind

Non-Attacking:
Featherdance
Mirror Move
Roost
Tailwind
Whirlwind

Ghost

Always: Ghost, Sucker Punch, Psychic, Dream Eater, Will-O-Wisp
Rare attack types: Bug, Dragon, Ground, Poison, Rock, Steel, Water

Allowed:

Attacking:
Shadow Sneak
Ominous Wind
Shadow Punch
Shadow Claw
Shadow Ball
Night Shade
Psychic
Dream Eater
Sucker Punch

Non-Attacking:
Confuse Ray
Destiny Bond
Grudge
Memento
Mean Look
Pain Split
Spite
Will-O-Wisp
Trick
Trick Room

Grass

Always: Grass, Growth, Sunny Day, Swords Dance
Rare attack types: Electric, Fire, Ghost, Ice, Psychic, Water

Allowed:

Attacking:
Razor Leaf
Giga Drain
Magical Leaf
Needle Arm
Energy Ball
Seed Bomb
Leaf Blade
Petal Dance
Grass Knot
Power Whip
SolarBeam
Wood Hammer
Leaf Storm
Frenzy Plant

Non-Attacking:
Aromatherapy
Cotton Spore.
Ingrain
Leech Seed
Sleep Powder
Spore
Stun Spore
Synthesis
Worry Seed
Nature Power
Growth
Swords Dance
Sunny Day

Ground

Always: Ground, Rock
Rare attack types: None

Allowed:

Attacking:
Sand Tomb
Bone Rush
Bonemerang
Mud Shot
Dig
Earth Power
Earthquake
Rock Blast
Rock Tomb
AncientPower
Rock Slide
Stone Edge

Non-Attacking:
Sandstorm
Stealth Rock

Ice

Always: Ice, Water Pulse, Signal Beam
Rare attack types: Dark, Dragon, Fire, Grass, Poison

Allowed:

Attacking:
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Avalanche
Ice Fang
Ice Punch
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Water Pulse
Signal Beam

Non-Attacking:
Hail
Haze
Mist

Normal

Always: Normal, Sunny Day, Rain Dance
Rare attack types: Dragon

Allowed:

Attacking:
Double Hit
Fake Out
Covet
Quick Attack
Dizzy Punch
Façade
Secret Power
Crush Claw
Extremespeed
Hyper Fang
Mega Punch
Tri Attack
Body Slam
Hyper Voice
Super Fang
Return
Frustration
Mega Kick
Double-Edge
Hyper Beam
Giga Impact

Non-Attacking:
Charm
Encore
Softboiled
Magic Coat
Role Play
Switcheroo
Sunny Day
Rain Dance

Poison

Always: Poison, Giga Drain

Allowed:

Attacking:
Poison Fang
Poison Tail
Cross Poison
Poison Jab
Sludge Bomb
Gunk Shot
Giga Drain

Non-Attacking:
Acid Armor
Gastro Acid
Toxic Spikes

Psychic:

Always: Psychic, Signal Beam, Energy Ball and/or Grass Knot
Rare attack types: Dark, Dragon, Poison

Allowed:

Attacking:
Confusion
Psycho Cut
Future Sight
Zen Headbutt
Psychic
Dream Eater

Non-Attacking:
Calm Mind
Cosmic Power
Guard Swap
Heal Block
Imprison
Light Screen
Healing Wish
Miracle Eye
Reflect
Power Swap
Psycho Shift

Rock

Always: Rock, Ground
Rare attack types: Grass, Poison

Allowed:

Attacking:
Rock Blast
Rock Tomb
AncientPower
Power Gem
Rock Slide
Stone Edge
Head Smash
Rock Wrecker
Mud Shot
Dig
Earth Power
Earthquake

Non-Attacking:
Rock Polish
Sandstorm
Stealth Rock

Steel

Always: Steel, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Magnet Rise

Allowed:

Attacking:
Bullet Punch
Metal Claw
Iron Head
Flash Cannon
Gyro Ball
Metal Burst
Iron Tail
Meteor Mash
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Non-Attacking:
Metal Sound
Sandstorm
Stealth Rock
Magnet Rise

Water:

Always: Water, Ice
Rare attack types: Fire, Grass, Psychic

Allowed:

Attacking:
Whirlpool
Aqua Jet
Water Pulse
Brine
Dive
Waterfall
Aqua Tail
Crabhammer
Muddy Water
Surf
Hydro Pump
Hydro Cannon
Water Spout
Ice Shard
Icy Wind
Avalanche
Ice Fang
Ice Punch
Ice Beam
Blizzard

Non-Attacking:
Aqua Ring
Rain Dance
Hail
Haze
Mist
Mirror Coat

I know that this doesn't matter, but all the more reason for a nobody like me to post it.

Levels of Level-Up Moves:

For the first Pokemon of an evolutionary line, all the levels have some sort of pattern associated with it that is kept consistant for all moves (exceptions include when a Pokemon learns 2 or 3 of Poisonpowder, Sleep Powder, and Stun Spore consecutively, which are learned 1 or 2 levels of each other regardless of the pattern for the rest of the moves). Level 1 moves are considered Level 1 or Level 0 for the pattern of these moves, depending on Pokemon.

Chimchar
-- Scratch (treated as Level 1 in this case)
-- Leer (treated as Level 1 in this case)
7 Ember (+6)
9 Taunt (+2)
15 Fury Swipes (+6)
17 Flame Wheel (+2)
23 Nasty Plot (+6)
25 Torment (+2)
31 Facade (+6)
33 Fire Spin (+2)
39 Slack Off (+6)
41 Flamethrower (+2)

As we can see, the pattern is +6/+2/+6/+2, etc. These are usually the addition of 1 or 2 numbers (which alternate in the case of 2 numbers).

When a Pokemon evolves by Leveling Up to a specified level, then all moves after that level must be the same levels as their pre-evolution, plus a number which can either be constant or part of a pattern in itself. Also, a new move may be added at the exact level as the level the Pokemon evolved at.

Monferno
-- Scratch
-- Leer
-- Ember
7 Ember
9 Taunt
14 Mach Punch (Evolution Level)
16 Fury Swipes (Level 15 + 1)
19 Flame Wheel (Level 17 + 2)
26 Feint (Level 23 + 3; replaces Nasty Plot)
29 Torment (Level 25 + 4)
36 Close Combat (Level 31 + 5; replaces Facade)
39 Fire Spin (Level 33 + 6)
46 Slack Off (Level 39 + 7)
49 Flare Blitz (Level 41 + 8; replaces Flamethrower)

The level change pattern is +1/+2/+3, etc. which it usually is or something similar. It is rarely more complicated than a simple increase.

Infernape
-- Scratch
-- Leer
-- Ember
-- Taunt
7 Ember
9 Taunt
14 Mach Punch
16 Fury Swipes
19 Flame Wheel
26 Feint
29 Punishment (replaces Torment)
36 (Evolution Level)
41 Close Combat (Level 36 + 5)
45 Fire Spin (Level 39 + 6)
53 Calm Mind (Level 46 + 7; replaces Slack Off)
57 Flare Blitz (Level 49 + 8)

Here, the levels go up from Monferno's levels by the same pattern as the same moves did for Monferno from Chimchar. This isn't always the case.

Levels for Pokemon which have evolved using an Evolutionary Stone must be the same as a level that their pre-evolved form* learned a move or must be one of those levels +10 or -10 (-10 is for Poliwrath and Politoad only for real Pokemon, so far). Usually, Pokemon learn later moves (if at all) at the same level as their pre-evolution learned their final move, and then higher (if they learn more moves), although they can also be comparatively low as well.

* If they are part of a split evolution, it must be a level that the other evolution of their pre-evolution learned a move (or +/-10).

Whenever a Pokemon evolves by a method other than Leveling Up at a specific level or via Evolutionary Stone, that Pokemon retains the level pattern as their pre-evolved form, unless that Pokemon is part of a spilt evolution (where the Pokemon will instead get the level pattern as the other evolution of their pre-evolved form). If these Pokemon get new moves, then the pattern continues with the level where it was last left off.

TO BE CONTINUED

EDIT: There is no difference between a Level 1 move and a Heart Scale move. Heart Scale moves are just Level 1 moves that that Pokemon's pre-evolutions can't learn at Level 1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)