Gen 3 A Standard Team

Hello everyone, I am quite new to RBY...
being so standard, is there a "counter team" for this team, or certain common things this team has problems with?

Gengar
~ Hypnosis
~ Thunderbolt
~ Mega Drain
~ Explosion

Exeggutor
~ Sleep Powder
~ Mega Drain / Stun Spore (any tips, in this team context?)
~ Psychic
~ Explosion

Chansey
~ Thunder Wave
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Softboiled

Starmie
~ Thunder Wave
~ Blizzard
~ Thunderbolt
~ Recover

Rhydon
~ Substitute
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Body Slam

Tauros
~ Hyper Beam
~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake
~ Blizzard

Comments appreciated.

Hello everyone, I am quite new to RBY...
being so standard, is there a "counter team" for this team, or certain common things this team has problems with?

Gengar
~ Hypnosis
~ Thunderbolt
~ Mega Drain
~ Explosion

Exeggutor
~ Sleep Powder
~ Mega Drain / Stun Spore (any tips, in this team context?)
~ Psychic
~ Explosion

Chansey
~ Thunder Wave
~ Ice Beam
~ Thunderbolt
~ Softboiled

Starmie
~ Thunder Wave
~ Blizzard
~ Thunderbolt
~ Recover

Rhydon
~ Substitute
~ Earthquake
~ Rock Slide
~ Body Slam

Tauros
~ Hyper Beam
~ Body Slam
~ Earthquake
~ Blizzard

Comments appreciated.
Mega Drain is good for Starmie and Rhydon. Stun Spore for a Starter Eggy. It seems like a standard team.

Do you play hard-core RBY, or do you play with certain moves from G/S/C so you can get like Ice Punch on Gengar or Screech on Cloyster?

On Exeggutor, Mega Drain over Stun Spore would be best. Also, using Leech Seed instead of Explosion would help it last longer. Tauros doesn't need Hyper Beam AND Body Slam. One Normal typed move is good enough. I suggest Body Slam for paralysis support.
not to sound rude but its obvious you never really played competitive RBY.

the team looks okay except I would sugget using Golem.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Seeing how you have Exeggutor and Starmie to counter Rhydon and Golem, I would ditch Mega Drain on Gengar for Seismic Toss to dent Exeggutor. You may also want to try out Confuse Ray > Tbolt for overall utility (Tbolt's really only good for Starmie and Lapras, which are good enough reasons for using Tbolt).

I personally would go with Mega Drain on Exeggutor for more survivability. You already have two solid T-Wavers, and Exeggutor truly contributes much in battles if it can be present for the majority of the game, taking some abuse that would otherwise be targeted towards Starmie and Chansey. With Mega Drain's replenishing abilities, it also provides Exeggutor with more flexibility in its timing to explode. Alternatively, Double-Edge / Hyper Beam over Mega Drain can work to be able to deal with Alakazam and Chanseys that would otherwise wall it, but they are not easy moves to use.

Imo, it's a solid team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)