XY OU A strikeback before OR and AS

I was forced to stop playing pokemon as my marks in the tests are terrible so i wasn't able to be active in the past months.Today however,i have returned to the pokemon world.... for a day.

Team

Charizard X was selected to be the MVP Of the team because it's the best pokemon in the metagame atm in my opinion.It's amazing un predictability,amazing typing both offensively and defensively and other amazing assests makes char x a tough cookie to deal with.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Charizard X is the best pokemon in the metagame atm and this set is his best set.Dragon Dance allows charizard x to sweep a team with ease as his speed and attack are raised by 1 stage,enough to sweep a team.Dragon Claw is reliable,strong and has STAB.Flare Blitz on the other hand has massive power.These 2 combinations are only resisted by azumarill and heatran who hates to switch into char x thanks to the threat of thunder punch,WoW and EQ respectively.Roost to heal up residual damage.I like to be as offensive as i can,so i maximized charizard's EVs.

Choice Band dragonite is used for punching holes to make a hole for char x to sweep.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Choice Band dragonite aims to break walls like hippo,quagsire and stuff for charizard x to sweep late game while also being able to revenge kill thanks to the OP band extreme speed.This is a pretty standard set so i'll make quick word of it-outrage is strong as fuck and is used for breaking walls.ES for revenge killing frails mon and to negate it's medicore speed.EQ and fire punch are for heatran and steels respectively.

---->

Credits to atom and blunder,exca works great in the team,at least better than starmie.It takes lesser residual damage,it hits harder,it is faster(in sand) and it is better.

Excadrill @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

After much testing,starmie seems to be dead weight for the team and excadrill works much much better than it in this team.It aims to revenge kill,wall break and reliably spin as well as other stuff.Earthquake for STAB and it's OP,iron head for fairies,rock slide for talonflame and charizard-y while rapid spin is to spin.

I need something to deal with flying spam so scarf t-tar was chosen as it can reliably check band starapator,non jolly talonflame and all pinsir.

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Choice Scarf t-tar is a revenge killing monster and a great bird spam check.Stone Edge is used to KO birds and stuff while pursuit is to trap gengar and the latis who has became amazing with the aegislash ban.Earthquake for heatran and the EdgeQuake combo while crunch is a reliable dark STAB Move.]

This guy is added to be a back up late game cleaner and for the fact that it works well with charizard x.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Azumarill is a threatening pokemon with a belly drum set.Belly Drum maximizes the rabbit's attack to insane stages and aqua jet is to clean off teams.Play Rough for a reliable fairy STAB and is strong while waterfall for a reliable water STAB which is strong too.Full offensive for full sweeping and adamant for more power.

Landorus is used to beat mega venu and to lay stealth rock.Simple.

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Focus Blast
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock

Landorus is an amazing pokemon in general.It can lay SR,it can CM,it can sweep and it can wall break.Earth Power for reliable STAB while focus blast is used to beat skarmory and chansey.Psychic on the other hand is for mega venusaur,who is an annoying fat plant.Stealth Rock is a must-on every team and this is no different.

Last edited:
Hey! Like your team, but with tar on the team I feel like excadrill could spin a little more reliably than the likes of starmie due to sand rush, however this leaves your team susceptible to the likes of gliscor. This could be negated by using hp ice on landorus, or ice beam on scarf tar to check it. one other thing I noticed is that bellyjet azu or fairies in general will be giving this team a hard time, sand rush excadrill checks most (mega garde, iron head does 66-78 to clefable with a nice flinch chance) but your team will still struggle with azu from my point of view. If you find space on your team to put something like ferrothorn, it could patch up some holes, but you would lose offensive presence on the team. My advice should be taken with a grain of sand however, as the highest I've peaked in OU with one of my own teams is 1702 ELO.

Hey really solid team! There are really no big issues here, aside maybe a slight Mega Char X weakness, but thats about it.
I really have not much else to say, great team! I only have a slight suggestion for Azumarill.

BellyJet Azumarill, you either go with Adamant Bulky, or Jolly Max Speed. Adamant Max Speed is not really effective.
Jolly Max Speed allows Azumarill to outspeed Rotom-W, so it could kill it with a +6 Play Rough before it burns or kills you.
So I recommend changing Azu from Adamant to Jolly, and also putting the extra 4 EVs in HP.
Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Play Rough
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
4 Hp EVs are important to make for an even number, otherwise Sitrus will not activate.

That is all, hope I helped!

@Crafty:Thanks,i'll change the EVs.

@Atom:Thanks for the reply.I think starmie should stay because excadrill relies a lot on sand and starmie has unique niches.I don't really see a fairy problem-only t-tar really struggles with them.

@blunder:This is a very helpful suggestion,i found excadrill to be WAY MORE BETTER than starmie so gonna replace it.For the azumarill spread,i'll test it a bit.Thanks for rating!

Like the team! Sand Rush Excadrill is definitely the way to go. If you wanted to try it, equip an Air Balloon and change out Iron Head for Swords Dance. It seriously wrecks as nothing outspeeds Excadrill.

I would also change Char X's Evs to 144 Hp/ 252 Atk / 112 Spe. This makes him incredibly bulky and really increases his survivability. If not I would honestly change Roost to Eq for coverage.
Banded nite is a beast, but if you change to the bulky CharX set with just dclaw and f.blitz, I would run this set for Dragonite..

WeaKness Policy
252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Adamant
-Dragon Dance
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-ExtremeSpeed

Weaknite is just fantastic and i suggest it for everyone. You have great rapid spin support, so getting in Dragonite with full health is very easy. Mega Char X and Dragonite nuke everything together, and they barely share any weaknesses. (Weaknite loves everything besides Stab Ice)

Other than that its a great team and I have one very similar! GL

Also I would change the Tyranitar set to

Tyranitar Leftovers / Smooth Rock
Quiet Nature
252 HP 170 SpA 80 SpD
Stealth Rock
Pursuit
Ice Beam
Fire Blast

Tyranitar seems to be like a solid support player for your team and this set will really help take care of a lot of counters for your Dragons!

Tyranitar will be a very reliable Stealth Rock user and Landorus could add a coverage move.
This Ev spread and nature allow Tyranitar to Checkmate the Lati Twins, Gengar, And any other Pursuit weak pokemons.

Your original Ttar overlaps coverage with Excadrill who does that job way better. Ice Beam for Dragons and Fire Blast for steels. This really helps surprise commin counters to Dragonite and Charizard i.e Skarmory, Gliscor, Ferrothorn (any steel) and this makes sweeping sooo much easier.
Your "sandstorm core" is great to start your battles as you will really wear down the team and draw out annoying counters. AND then the team has to deal with Ddnite, Char X and BellyJet? Thats just unfair

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)