A Tar Field? What has ASB come to. Temperantia vs Arcanite 2v2 doubles (MB refs)

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I've only ever reffed two battles at once in my ASB reffing history, so hopefully this won't be too much. Anyway here comes the formalities.

Accepting one of your challenges.

Switch=fail
No Items
All abilities

Arena:
Tar Fields
Black tar covers the ground as far as anyone can see. This muck catches all Pokemon who can not fly or levitate over it, causing them to panic as they sink into the gooey mass. The ground is almost gelatinous here, making digging and creating earthquakes impossible.

Effects:
-Pokemon without the Levitate trait or ability and are not Flying type have all moves' priority decreased by one and are unable to Dodge.
-Earthquake and other seismic moves can not be used, nor can Dig.

Metal Bagon said:
I want to ref arcanites 2v2 doubles match, I need more doubles experience.
OK, in Temperantia's acceptance she/he/it/drunk monkey put the arena in hide tags so I can go straight onto the teams.

Team Arcanite

Sgraggy (M) Zidane Tribal

Musical Theme: Zidane's Theme

Nature:
Adamant: +1 Atk, -1 SpA

Type:
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.
Dark: Dark STAB; Immunity to all telepathic and telekinetic attacks, better performance in all darkened and especially twilight conditions. Can use any Dark-type attack regardless of Attraction.

Abilities:

• Shed Skin: (Innate) This Pokemon regularly sheds its skin and any impurities contained in its body. If afflicted with a status condition, this Pokemon has a 33% chance of removing all status conditions at the end of a round.
  • Moxie: (Innate) This Pokemon gets psyched after it earns a KO on an opposing Pokemon, increasing its attack by one (1) stage. This boost is maintained at the end of each round.
  • Intimidate (DW): (Can be Activated)When this Pokemon initially goes out into the battlefield, it generates an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage by one (1). The attack drop is maintained at the end of each round. If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as an Action, and will affect all opponents. (Not yet Active)
Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 1 (-)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 48
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 15

EC: 0/6
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Attacks:
Leer
Low Kick
Sand Attack
Faint Attack
Headbutt
Swagger
Brick Break
Payback

Zen Headbutt
Dragon Dance
Drain Punch

Dig
Taunt
Dragon Tail

Tirtouga (M) Cagnazzo

Musical Theme: Battle with the Four Fiends

Nature:
Quiet: Adds One (1) Rank to Special Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.

Type:
Water: Water STAB; Can breathe and have excellent mobility when underwater, are less capable on land unless they are entirely amphibious.
Rock: Rock STAB; Take 2 less damage from all special attacks during Sandstorm. Able to use Sand Tomb without losing focus.

Abilities:

• Sturdy: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is solidly constructed, reducing the Base Attack Power from an opponents incoming attacks by one (1). The effect is amplified on OHKO Moves, which are reduced by ten (10) Base Attack Power.
  • Solid Rock: (Innate) This Pokemon’s body is extremely solid and durable, and the Base Attack Power of incoming super-effective attacks is reduced by two (2).
  • Swift Swim: (DW) (Innate) The Pokemon with this ability moves extremely fast in slick, rainy conditions, doubling (x2) its speed in the rain. (Not yet Active)
Stats:

Atk: Rank 3
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 3 (+)
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 19 (22/1.15, Rounded down)
Size Class: 1
Weight Class: 2
Original Base Rank Total: 14

EC: 4/6
DC: 4/5

Attacks:
Bide
Withdraw
Water Gun
Rollout
Bite
Protect
Aqua Jet
Ancient Power
Crunch
Wide Guard
Shell Smash

Aqua Tail

Body Slam
Iron Defence

Whirlpool

Substitute
Earthquake
Ice Beam

Machoke (M) Gilgamesh

Musical Theme: Clash on the Big Bridge

Nature:
Brave: Adds One (1) Rank to Attack; Divides Base Speed by 1.15 and gives a flat 10 point decrease in evasion, effectively adding 10 accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 95) on an opponent’s attacks.

Type:
Fighting: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions of throwing/grappling moves. Superior reaction time in close quarters.

Abilities:

• Guts: (Innate) This Pokemon is tenacious and will work ever harder when under a status condition, raising the Base Attack Power of all its physical attacks by two (2). Pokemon with Guts ignore the attack drop from burn.
  • No Guard: (Innate) This Pokemon has an immense confidence from perfecting each of its attacks, giving them all perfect accuracy. Resultingly it feels it can weather every strike, and will not dodge an attack even if ordered to. Only when a OHKO move is issued by the opponent does sense return, and the Pokemon acts normally. Additionally even with their extra skill, the power and exhaustion involved in using OHKO moves prevents them from being benefitted by No Guard, they will have their normal accuracy.
  • Steadfast: (DW) (Innate) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Stats:

Machoke
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 5 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 2
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 39 (45/1.15, Truncated)
-10% Evasion
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Original Base Rank Total: 16

EC: 6/9
MC: 1
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Low Kick
Leer
Focus Energy
Karate Chop
Foreseight
Low Sweep
Seismic Toss
Revenge
Vital Throw
Dynamic Punch

Encore
Bullet Punch
Ice Punch
ThunderPunch
Fire Punch

Light Screen
Rock Slide
Substitute
Earthquake

Team Temperantia

Starly- Balthier (M)
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
Type: Normal/Flying
Normal: Normal STAB; adapt comfortably to any surrounding after 3 actions. Able to use Outrage without losing focus.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Keen Eye: (Innate)This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by an opponent through any means (including accuracy lowering attacks, Smogs, Hazes, Fog, etc.). Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion and the Pokemon's own accuracy.
Keen Eye (DW): (Innate)This Pokemon has extremely good vision and cannot have its accuracy lowered by an opponent through any means (including accuracy lowering attacks, Smogs, Hazes, Fog, etc.). Its attacks are still affected by an opponent’s evasion and the Pokemon's own accuracy.

Stats:

Hp: 90
Atk(+): 3
Def: 2
SpA(-): 1
SpD: 2
Spe: 60
SC: 1
WC: 1
BRT: 12

EC: 1/9
DC: 1/5

Attacks:
Tackle
Growl
Quick Attack
Wing Attack
Double Team
Endeavor
Whirlwind
Aerial Ace
Agility
Brave Bird

Double-Edge
Roost
Foresight

U-Turn
Fly
Toxic

Total Moves: 14

Hoppip- Iris (F)
Nature: Jolly (Decrease SpA by 1, Increase Spe by 15%) [Acc modifier: 58^2/290=12%]
Type: Grass/Flying
Grass: Grass STAB; Immunity to Leech Seed and Worry Seed. 50% reduction in status effect chance of oncoming "powder" attacks. More mobile in areas with strong natural light sources. Superior senses in tall grass and forest areas. Able to use Wrap and Bind without losing focus.
Flying: Flying STAB; immunity to Ground attacks except under the effects of Smack Down and Gravity, even for ground-based flying Pokemon. Will always hit foes with Dig (except other Flying types) and Dive. Cannot be hit by Dive unless the attacking Pokemon has a size class greater than four (4). Immune to Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Enhanced aerial mobility. Superior senses in open air arenas.

Abilities:
Chlorophyll: (Innate) During bright sunlight, this Pokemon’s cells absorb more solar energy, doubling (x2) their speed.
Leaf Guard: (Innate) In bright sunlight the Pokemon is surrounded by a faint green glow. The glow protects it from all permanent and temporary status conditions.
Infiltrator (DW): (Innate) Through a combination of speed and cunning this Pokemon easily gets around Light Screen, Reflect, and Safeguard with all of its attacks.

Stats:

Hp: 90
Atk: 2
Def: 2
SpA(-): 1
SpD: 2
Spe: 58 (50x1.15=57.5; rounded up to 58)
SC: 1
WC: 1
BRT: 12

EC: 3/9
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Splash
Synthesis
Tail Whip
Tackle
Poisonpowder
Stun Spore
Sleep Powder
Bullet Seed
Leech Seed
Mega Drain
Worry Seed
Bounce

Aromatherapy

Encore
Seed Bomb

Acrobatics

Reflect
Sunny Day
Substitute

Total Moves: 19

OK, Temperanita sends out first, as per Arcanites challenge, then Arcanite sends out and issues actions, finally Temperantia issues actions.

All clear, lets go.

Laharl walks through the ominous wasteland where he designated to battle this challenger...

"Oh dear, Lenneth will be quite sore to learn of this when she gets back to the dojo. But, honestly, it's good to have some peace once in awhile...

Anyways, its time for a rematch, Arcanite! This is my chance to show I can win without Lenneth's help! Iris, my little flower, go!"

Iris is released from her Poke Ball in a cloud of spores. Her eternally joyous mood is exhausting to all who watch her dance around. She often uses this exuberance to her advantage in battle.

Zidane, Cagnazzo, you're up!

Zidane, begin by Taunting Hopip, then go for a Payback twice on Starly.
If Hopip has a Substitute up, Use Faint attack Hoppip until it is broken, then taunt when it isn't behind a Sub.

Cagnazzo, you can Rollout three times on Starly!

"Well then, let's begin!
Iris, give our opponents Scraggy something to worry about, plant Leech Seeds all over his body! Follow that up by firing a Seed Bomb at Tirtouga and giving Scraggy an Acrobatic strike.

Balthier, Fly way above our oppnents' first attacks and swoop down on Scraggy. Then, crash into Scraggy like the Brave Bird you are, and finish with another Fly at Scraggy.

Our strategy will win this!"

Round 1

Pre-Round
Temperantia

Starly – Balthier (M)
Energy: 100
Stat Changes:
Other:
And

Hopip – Iris (F)
Stat Changes:
Other:

VS

Arcanite

Scraggy – Zidane (M)
Stat Changes:
Other:
And

Tirtouga – Cagnazzo (M)
Stat Changes:
Other:

Really, a tar field Laharl. Really?!?

OK the match starts with Starly (I’ll be using the species names in this match) flying up into the sky and Hopip leech seeding scraggy. Then the Scraggy, failing to fight through the tar, taunts Hopip. He wants no leech seeds! Finally, a currently unincluded Tirtouga tries to use roll out on Starly, but he is simply too high to reach so the attack misses. Then the Starly fl(y)ies down and strikes the Scraggy right on his noggin!

Again going first, Starly decides to be a Brave Bird and belts Scraggy on the head again, but this time gets some recoil for his troubles! Hopip bombs Tirtouga with some seeds. Then Arcanites team of Scraggy and Tirtouga hit’s Starly with a payback and a rollout respectively.

Starly shoots up into the sky again leaving Hopip to use Acrobatics on Scraggy. Scraggy and Tirtouga both use the same moves as last round but they both miss because again, Starly is two high up. Starly is then seen flying down to strike Scraggy one last time, because that damage + some leech seed damage from earlier in the round KO’s the Scraggy.

It amazes me how effective fly is, without it Starly would’ve been in a really tight position and may have not scored that KO. But can Laharl have the same success next round? For one he is going first and he is also without his usual companion Lenneth.

Post-Round
Temperantia

Starly – Balthier (M)
HP: 59
Energy: 75
Stat Changes:
Other:
And

Hopip – Iris (F)
HP: 99
Energy: 79
Stat Changes:
Other: Taunted for four (4) more actions

VS

Arcanite
Scraggy – Zidane (M)
HP: K
Energy: O
Stat Changes:
Other:
And

Tirtouga – Cagnazzo (M)
HP: 72
Energy: 85
Stat Changes:
Other:

Starly (1st to move)
Fly @ Scraggy 9 energy 21 damage
Brave Bird @ Scraggy 7 energy 25 damage -8 HP recoil
Fly @ Scraggy 9 energy 21 damage
Hopip (2nd to move)
Leech Seed @ Scraggy 10 energy
+3 HP from leech seed
Seed Bomb @ Tirtouga 5 energy 18 damage
+3 HP from leech seed.
Acrobatics @ Scraggy 6 energy 22 damage
+3 HP from leech seed
Scraggy (3rd to move)
Taunt @ Hopip 10 energy Hopip is taunted for six (6) actions
-3 HP from leech seed
Payback @ Starly 6 energy 16 damage
-3 HP from leech seed
Payback @ Starly 10 energy miss
-3 HP from leech seed
Tirtouga (4th to move)
Rollout 4 energy missed
Rollout 5 energy 15 damage
Rollout 6 energy missed

Temperantia, you are first up.

"Ah yes, the absence of my sister is touched on yet again. In my opinion, I'm not at a disadvantage; I just have a reprieve from chaos.
With that out of the way, let the battle continue!
Iris, fire more Seed Bombs at Cagnazzo, then give him a nasty Bullet Seed. Finish with another Seed Bomb.
Balthier, you can't do a whole lot, but you can spray him with some Toxic spew. Growl at him afterwards to reduce his attacking prowess, and finish with a U-Turn. If he tries to use Shell Smash, replace that turn's action with a Growl."

Round 2

Pre-Round
Temperantia

Starly – Balthier (M)
Energy: 75
Stat Changes:
Other:
And

Hopip – Iris (F)
HP: 99
Energy: 79
Stat Changes:
Other: Taunted for four (4) more actions
VS
Arcanite

Tirtouga – Cagnazzo (M)
HP: 72
Energy: 85
Stat Changes:
Other:
Can Arcanite and his Tirtouga get out of this tough spot, well; I guess we’ll have to keep watching to find out!
Laharl’s Pokemon aren’t stuck in tar so they can go first. The Starly with a toxic blob to badly poison her opponent while Hopip launches another seed bomb at Tirtouga, only to get an Ice Beam in return as odered by Arcanite. Luckily for Hopip, it doesn’t freeze over. Glob Glob, Tirtouga is hurt by the poison! Glob Glob.
Starly growls at Tirtouga, he is so distracted by the growling he doesn’t see four seeds shaped like bullets coming his way! All of them did good damage but Tirtouga swallowed one! Any human doing that would have been in critical condition. In anger, Tirtouga smashes his shell, while the poison starts to eat away at his HP again.
Starly swoops, in a U shape, aiming for some of Tirtouga’s exposed back now that the shell is smashed. It was a direct hit! Starly then turns up into the sky again. Tirtouga is still suck in that tar so he is unable to go before Hopip delievers the final, fatal blow. A Seed Bomb right on the tender part of Tirtouga’s back where the shell used to be. It KO’d him instantly. Meaning Laharl and his pokemon have won the match!
Post-Round
Temperantia

Starly – Balthier (M)
Energy: 59
Stat Changes:
Other:
And

Hopip – Iris (F)
HP: 73
Energy: 64
Stat Changes:
Other: Taunted for one (1) more actions
VS
Arcanite

Tirtouga – Cagnazzo (M)
HP: K
Energy: O
Stat Changes:
Other:

Starly (1st to move)
Toxic 7 energy Tirtuoga was Toxic Poisoned
Growl 4 energy Tirtuoga is attack is at -1
U-Turn 5 energy 8 damage
Hopip (2nd to move)
Bullet Seed 5 energy RNG rolled 4/5 for it to hit 4 times!
Hit 1 7 damage
Hit 2 7 damage
Hit 3 14 damage RNG rolled 1/16 for a crit
Hit 4 7 damage
Total Damage: 35
Tirtouga (3rd to move)
Ice Beam @ Hopip 7 energy 26 damage
-1 HP Toxic Poison
Shell Smash 20 energy +2 Speed, Attack and Sp.Attack -1 in Defence and Sp. Defence
-1 HP Toxic Poison
KO’d

Rewards
Both Trainers get 2 TC
Every Pokemon gets 1 EC, 2 MC and 1 DC
Starly and Hopip each get 1 KOC.
And most importantly, I get 4 RC!

OK, here are the damage calcs for Tirtouga redone.

Seed Bomb: 18 damage
Bullet Seed: 27 damage
U-Turn: 8 damage
Seed Bomb: 18 damage
Addiontial Poison Damage: 2

All in all, that is 74 damage which still is a KO for Tirtuoga.

EDIT: Sorry for all of the contreversy over 7 damage. I'm also sorry that I didn't check the thread, I thought it was completed so I put it in a dusty "completed battles" folder in my favourites that I have only recently cleaned out for my battle subway application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)