ORAS Ubers A Taste of Your Own Medicine, Ditto Edition

Hey everybody! I've been laddering with a team that I really like recently and I wanted feedback in order to make it even better. I'm relatively new to Ubers but I used to play DPP OU back in the day, took a long break, and got hyped to play again with the release of ORAS (and realized that I had never made a Smogon account until making this RMT, oops). Overall I think Ubers is a pretty cool tier, but it's very explosive and there's so much power that it's a bit intimidating. That being said, I tried to get accustomed to the tier by using a team I threw together and once I hit the 1200s, I decided to use what I learned to make a more solid team which lasted until 1400ish. The problem was that I kept getting swept by Xerneas so I decided to change up that team a little bit and the result is what I'm about to post. Hopefully you can help me correct sub-optimal stuff since I'm sure there's bound to be stuff! Since I'm starting to get up with the big boys, I want to perform well with them of course!

*I'm going to try and explain my teambuilding process within the descriptions if that's cool*

The Team

salamence-mega.gif

MOM NO (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 192 HP / 136 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Refresh
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
This is the member that I wanted my team to be built around. I really like Mega-Mence's design and stat distribution and I know that he is super good in the current meta. One of my friends passed me this spread and I've grown to really love it, though from what I've seen it's a typical bulky DD Mence. I ultimately decided to stick to a mono-attacker with DD, Roost, and Refresh because I've found that most of the pokes that resist flying are ones like Klefki that I can refresh and set up on (and if they have Heal Block instead of Toxic, P-Don handles him just fine). My general game plan is to use Intimidate throughout the match to help check stuff like EKiller and more defensive variants of P-Don and then mega-evolve and sweep like you'd expect. I'm having a bit of a hard time thinking of what else to say since all of you guys know what he does. What I'm specifically looking for is maybe a better tailored EV spread (/moveset if needed) based on the rest of the team since this is what I've always defaulted on when using M-Mence on any team I run.
groudon-primal.gif

M. Soleil (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 236 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Roar

Since I'm a balance player at heart, I knew that I wanted a good, but not passive, defensive core in order to check a lot of threats in the meta-game. Groudon is the first member of this core. I remember that I first started using this core because I saw it successfully used on the ladder on certain teams so I decided to try and make it myself, based on what I knew from facing it. Later I found the Good Cores thread and stole the sets and slightly modified them. Anyways, on to P-Don...

Since I was using a bulkier version of M-Mence, I knew that I absolutely needed rocks. And who sets up rocks better than P-Don? Nothing, really. I decided to run the specially defensive spread that I found in the thread, but I tweaked the EVs in order to speed-creep other SpDef P-Dons. I honestly think that this spread is not at all optimal, so some help there would be appreciated!!! Overall, this set is great for checking Geomancy Xerneas because I can either roar it or weaken it enough to revenge kill it with my Ditto before it takes me out. Of course it also checks things like Kyogre if it switches in since I beat it to the KO with Precipice Blades. Other than that, it's nice to have for the occasional weird Arceus form or less common threats.​
yveltal.gif

Lil Bill (Yveltal) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Roost

This right here is probably one of my favourite pokes ever made and is the second member of the core. I find it to be a pretty "anti-meta" pokemon because it can take on some really threatening pokes such as the dreaded Ekiller, which annoys my team otherwise, especially Silk Scarf variants since they don't widdle themselves down enough for my Ditto to revenge kill reliably. This guy fixes that very problem since a +2 Extreme Speed can never kill if they are max Atk and Black Glasses snags the OHKO back if they are LO (and if they aren't, they do even less to me, letting me roost on them a bit before finishing them off with Sucker Punch. Taunt is a very safe move and let's me stop stuff from setting up on the switch, which is helpful because of how annoying Geomancy and Calm Mind Xerneas are for this team. Without being able to set up, it suddenly becomes much less threatening to my team in general. Yveltal also checks Mewtwo forms pretty well and I really appreciate that because powerful wall-breaker type pokemon like both forms of M-Mewtwo really hurt balance-ish teams such as mine. I love this set and think that it performs very well, but with that being said, I'll definitely tweak is based on suggestions.
latias.gif

Keshas Skirt (Latias) (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

This member rounds out the core by providing me with both an offensive and defensive defog user, thanks to Soul Dew. Latias is another one of those pokes that I have such trouble replacing on a team. It's just given me such great results, though as usual, feel free to make suggestions. This is another P-Don check on top of Mence, since the combination of SR, Psyshock, and Draco kills him even if he's specially defensive. For some reason a lot of people like to switch their SpDef P-Dons in on this guy since that's what they are EV'd for, only to be taken out before they get rocks up, which is great. Roost of course let's me continually check the monster as well as check Ice Beam variants of P-Ogre (does anyone even run Blizzard??) which is nice because that thing hurts. Latias also helps keep my SR on the field by threatening Giratina-O before it can defog and I generally make a lot of double switches in order to pit myself against it so that I can KO with Draco. This set works very nicely along with Ditto since they become much more hesitant to set up in my face after the SpA drop. My biggest question whether I should replace Roost with Healing Wish in order to keep my M-Mence, Ditto, P-Don, or Xerneas healthier during a match. While I love Roost, I do find myself using this gal pretty offensively since the free +1 SpA is delicious. Defog is really nice because for some reason I'd much rather no rocks on the field instead of both of us, especially since Yveltal and M-Mence are so key to this team performing well.
xerneas.png

Geomancy (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

This is the standard Geomancy Xerneas set that everybody runs. I decided that I wanted this to be my other sweeper in case M-Mence died because it hits hard, fast, and so many teams are weak to it and only have P-Don as a check (like I did before) so I wanted to take full advantage and use this when I knew I could win games quickly. This used to be my scarfer until I tweaked this team, but it was definitely underwhelming in that role, other than being a nice Darkrai counter so I switched it to this set. It's nice because it highly appreciates the support from my core in aiding its sweep. getting rid of those powerful priority users and all. I'm not sure what else to say other than the fact that I really just threw this on my team in order have have it, so if you guys and gals can think of any other pokemon that compliment the rest of my team well, I'm all ears. I usually play it pretty conservatively so that I can beat P-Don late game and wreck the remaining members of the opponent's team.
132.gif

BUT DAD (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

When looking at my team, I realized that offence really hurts my team. My core can only take so many threats at once (I mean, dear God, Yveltal can only counter the meta-game 1-2 threats at a time, man) so I decided to see how Ditto does. It turns out that this thing works pretty well on my team. It gives me a bit of leeway in dealing with Xerneas since my P-Don could roar out Geomancy Xerneas, OR hit it to about 50ish% where my Ditto can become the deer and OHKO it and possibly the rest of my opponents team. I honestly feel as though this thing is an absolute monster in the right hands and it really helps my core do its work because nothing likes to set up (and if they do, they get to deal with this thing). Now that I'm at a semi-respectable place on the latter, I don't bring this thing out as much as I used to, but the fact that my opponent sees him at team preview makes the job easier for the rest of the team. I'm not sure what else to really say about this guy, but he's always been one of my favourite pokemon due to being so unique and I'm happy that he seems to have a place on my team. (Oh yeah, and he helps me beat the Sticky Web team that's going around on the ladder, so there's that). I contemplated using Klefki instead of Ditto, but my team becomes much more passive with it and it gets overwhelmed too easily in my opinion.

Threatlist

373-mega.png

This thing is annoying, especially if its bulky since it can kill my Ditto before I can kill it. Also, Intimidate is irritating, causing me to have to play around it between a combination of pokemon.

491.png

Darkrai can annoy my team because I don't have a sleeptalker anywhere on the team. Partially band-aided by Ditto, but it's difficult to counter depending on the coverage move if it's NP.

250.png

Banded Ho-oh is super annoying if I don't get my rocks up or pressure it with rock slide on P-Don. It dents my team and causes me to waste turns Refreshing on Mence if it burns with Sacred Fire (and it will).

646-w.png

Very difficult to switch in to this thing, especially if it's life orbed, though Ditto can usually dent something back if it gets in safely. Takes a lot of prediction to get around and can handle the core pretty well.
Lil Bill (Yveltal) @ Black Glasses
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 248 Def / 12 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Sucker Punch
- Taunt
- Roost

M. Soleil (Groudon) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 236 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Roar

Keshas Skirt (Latias) (F) @ Soul Dew
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 212 HP / 120 SpA / 176 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Roost

Geomancy (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

MOM NO (Salamence) @ Salamencite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 192 HP / 136 Atk / 180 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Double-Edge
- Refresh
- Roost
- Dragon Dance

BUT DAD (Ditto) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Transform

Replays

I'm pretty bad about saving replays, so I only have one at the moment, but I'll edit in more. This doesn't exactly show off the complete capabilities of my team, but it's a good match against some big threats: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-221081149

EDIT: My most recent match vs. Mega-Mence: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ubers-221799693

Thanks in advance for all the help everyone!​

Attachments

Last edited:
Food for thought: physically defensive RestTalk CM Xerneas. Despite being a mono attacking Fairy, it actually pressures Ho-Oh quite a lot, and can break through support Primal Groudon that lacks Roar by itself. I mean, Ho-Oh still wins the 1v1, so it's not a "check", but still, a Choice Band Ho-Oh has to lock itself into Brave Bird to defeat it, as Sacred Fire cannot 2HKO through Leftovers and has low PP, whereas Brave Bird quickly racks up recoil, sometimes forcing it to switch out to regain lost health. Non Choice versions with Roost on the other hand, does not hit hard enough, as LO Brave Bird only 3HKOs. Primal Groudon is also running Thunder Wave over Roar more and more to wreck the Eon twins -- which are common switch ins -- while maintaining the check to GeoXern. This is good news for this set because Xern can set up on it as an uninvested Earthquake only 4HKOs. Even if does carry Roar, CM Xern can set up multiple times whereas Don has no recovery. Another big upside of this set is it gives you another check to Mega Salamence. 252+ +1 Return never OHKOs (Double Edge still wrecks you tho), while you score a clean OHKO against 248/0 Mence.

This also gives you a sleep fodder for Darkrai so Ditto can force it out with a Scarf Dark Void, but the Pitch-Black Pokemon is still pretty threatening to you because Ditto can be exploited while Xern still loses to it.

Food for thought: physically defensive RestTalk CM Xerneas. Despite being a mono attacking Fairy, it actually pressures Ho-Oh quite a lot, and can break through support Primal Groudon that lacks Roar by itself. I mean, Ho-Oh still wins the 1v1, so it's not a "check", but still, a Choice Band Ho-Oh has to lock itself into Brave Bird to defeat it, as Sacred Fire cannot 2HKO through Leftovers and has low PP, whereas Brave Bird quickly racks up recoil, sometimes forcing it to switch out to regain lost health. Non Choice versions with Roost on the other hand, does not hit hard enough, as LO Brave Bird only 3HKOs. Primal Groudon is also running Thunder Wave over Roar more and more to wreck the Eon twins -- which are common switch ins -- while maintaining the check to GeoXern. This is good news for this set because Xern can set up on it as an uninvested Earthquake only 4HKOs. Even if does carry Roar, CM Xern can set up multiple times whereas Don has no recovery. Another big upside of this set is it gives you another check to Mega Salamence. 252+ +1 Return never OHKOs (Double Edge still wrecks you tho), while you score a clean OHKO against 248/0 Mence.

This also gives you a sleep fodder for Darkrai so Ditto can force it out with a Scarf Dark Void, but the Pitch-Black Pokemon is still pretty threatening to you because Ditto can be exploited while Xern still loses to it.

That's actually quite appealing since it fits the style of my team pretty well (being bulky and all). Also seems like it would give me a good win condition vs stall. Thanks for the suggestion! Would the EV spread just be 252/+252?

Would TWave be a better option for me than Roar on P-Don as well? I'm thinking now that it might synergize better with Ditto so I can use a paralyzed Xern to my advantage or just force it out, wasting it's mental herb.

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Malley

Dominachu
Hi tenefix,

CM Xern (above) is an interesting option, but it brings you into semi-stall territory, which I would be hesitant to do with this team. Mono-attacking Mence can only sweep so far.

Roost and Defog fit better on Lati than Healing Wish, since you're going balanced and badly need an Ogre counter. With this, though, Frustration/Return is probably better on Mence, as it's more of a sweeper than a wall breaker here. Some small optimizations - 180 Speed EVs don't really beat anything apart from Cloyster, so you have a few options: 192 HP/ 112+ Atk/ 204 Spe to outspeed Scarf Genesect at +1; 192/148+/168 to outspeed Rayquaza and Kyurem-W; or 192/188+/128 to outspeed 56 Spe +2 Pdon at +1, which also outspeeds 252+ base 90s. If you run Arceus-Rock you can probably afford to go 192/188+/128, but otherwise I would suggest 192/148+/168.

If you got that Pdon-Yveltal-Latias core from somewhere else then probably ignore me on this, but Leftovers on Yveltal seems to fit much better than Black Glasses. I can see that the glasses get you the OHKO on E-Killer, which is definitely good, but lefties make you more solid against most other random threats that Yveltal will likely be called in on to Sucker Punch. Especially with no Toxic, you're not going to be forcing too many switches on which you can Roost.

I've also made a team with Ditto, and it does do very well on the ladder. It's generally not sustainable as you get into higher levels of play though, so I suggest trying other things to ween yourself off it and get into slightly more nuanced building (no offense meant). In this case, Sleep Talk Choice Band Ho-Oh seems to fit pretty well. It eases your match-up against all four of the listed threats, and breaks fantastically for your two sweepers. It's also a nice soft check to GeoXern, which in conjunction with Pdon actually gives you a pretty nice match up.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake

With regard to the extra pressure losing Ditto puts on you - ORAS Ubers is brutal, and the best way to deal with it is to just play smart and out-brutalise when you get the opportunity. You have to hope your team is less weak to the various ridiculous threats than your opponent's is. With Yveltal and Mence you have a decent E-Killer match-up, so the main threat is Mence. Maybe consider Dragon Tail for Roar on Pdon, with T-Wave to check GeoXern in place of Rock Slide. I think you do as well as most teams (i.e. not very, but that's Ubers) vs. Ho-Oh already.

I agree with Steve Angello (below) that Arceus-Rock could be a good fit on this team. I'm unsure what he wants you to switch out for it, however. If Ditto, you still have a horrible Darkrai weakness, which puts you 1.5 mons down from turn 4 (let something take the Dark Void, switch to Latias on the Nasty Plot, tank one Dark Pulse and get a Draco off, die, finish off with Yveltal's Sucker Punch). I can see a couple of ways to work it in, but to keep the balanced nature of the team I think you should change Ditto to Arceus-Rock, then change GeoXern to Sleep Talk Scarf Xerneas, which would patch up the Darkrai weakness while not letting Gira-O take shadow-dumps all over you as Sleep Talk Ogre or Ho-Oh would. If you run Rockceus, you can afford to change Thunder to Aromatherapy on Xerneas, which would really help out your team - especially Yveltal. The Xerneas EVs look good, but one small thing is that if defence and special defence are equal then Download boosts special attack, so you could afford to run 48 speed just to creep any opposing Xerneas.

But I disagree with Steve's set - you are pretty weak to stall and have two E-Killer checks in Yveltal and Mence, so I would run Refresh over Will-O-Wisp. And you really need to run at least 84 special attack, to KO standard Rayquaza from full with no boosts.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 76 Atk / 248 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Megahorn

If you're really paranoid about Darkrai you can change the EVs to make this more physically offensive, to guarantee a KO with any one of the attacks. This also relieves any worries about bad sleep turns. It does limit Xern's effectiveness as a revenge-killer/cleaner, however.

Arceus-Rock @ Stone Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 168 HP / 4 Def / 84 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Recover

Pretty nice team, especially for a newer Ubers player - it's good to see someone sticking up for true balance. Good job, and good luck!

Last edited:
Hey there, there is not much to add to the team, because it is really solid. To fix your bird problems you should use Arceus-Rock, because it covers pretty much every weak you have, except like Darkrai, but Darkrai is always annoying. Yeah, like I said give Rockeus a try it won't let you down. Hope I was able to help you. :)

EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Will-O-Wisp
- Calm Mind

Hi tenefix,

CM Xern (above) is an interesting option, but it brings you into semi-stall territory, which I would be hesitant to do with this team. Mono-attacking Mence can only sweep so far.

Roost and Defog fit better on Lati than Healing Wish, since you're going balanced and badly need an Ogre counter. With this, though, Frustration/Return is probably better on Mence, as it's more of a sweeper than a wall breaker here. Some small optimizations - 180 Speed EVs don't really beat anything apart from Cloyster, so you have a few options: 192 HP/ 112+ Atk/ 204 Spe to outspeed Scarf Genesect at +1; 192/148+/168 to outspeed Rayquaza and Kyurem-W; or 192/188+/128 to outspeed 56 Spe +2 Pdon at +1, which also outspeeds 252+ base 90s. If you run Arceus-Rock you can probably afford to go 192/188+/128, but otherwise I would suggest 192/148+/168.

If you got that Pdon-Yveltal-Latias core from somewhere else then probably ignore me on this, but Leftovers on Yveltal seems to fit much better than Black Glasses. I can see that the glasses get you the OHKO on E-Killer, which is definitely good, but lefties make you more solid against most other random threats that Yveltal will likely be called in on to Sucker Punch. Especially with no Toxic, you're not going to be forcing too many switches on which you can Roost.

I've also made a team with Ditto, and it does do very well on the ladder. It's generally not sustainable as you get into higher levels of play though, so I suggest trying other things to ween yourself off it and get into slightly more nuanced building (no offense meant). In this case, Sleep Talk Choice Band Ho-Oh seems to fit pretty well. It eases your match-up against all four of the listed threats, and breaks fantastically for your two sweepers. It's also a nice soft check to GeoXern, which in conjunction with Pdon actually gives you a pretty nice match up.

Ho-Oh @ Choice Band
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 208 Atk / 52 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sleep Talk
- Sacred Fire
- Earthquake

With regard to the extra pressure losing Ditto puts on you - ORAS Ubers is brutal, and the best way to deal with it is to just play smart and out-brutalise when you get the opportunity. You have to hope your team is less weak to the various ridiculous threats than your opponent's is. With Yveltal and Mence you have a decent E-Killer match-up, so the main threat is Mence. Maybe consider Dragon Tail for Roar on Pdon, with T-Wave to check GeoXern in place of Rock Slide. I think you do as well as most teams (i.e. not very, but that's Ubers) vs. Ho-Oh already.

I agree with Steve Angello (below) that Arceus-Rock could be a good fit on this team. I'm unsure what he wants you to switch out for it, however. If Ditto, you still have a horrible Darkrai weakness, which puts you 1.5 mons down from turn 4 (let something take the Dark Void, switch to Latias on the Nasty Plot, tank one Dark Pulse and get a Draco off, die, finish off with Yveltal's Sucker Punch). I can see a couple of ways to work it in, but to keep the balanced nature of the team I think you should change Ditto to Arceus-Rock, then change GeoXern to Sleep Talk Scarf Xerneas, which would patch up the Darkrai weakness while not letting Gira-O take shadow-dumps all over you as Sleep Talk Ogre or Ho-Oh would. If you run Rockceus, you can afford to change Thunder to Aromatherapy on Xerneas, which would really help out your team - especially Yveltal. The Xerneas EVs look good, but one small thing is that if defence and special defence are equal then Download boosts special attack, so you could afford to run 48 speed just to creep any opposing Xerneas.

But I disagree with Steve's set - you are pretty weak to stall and have two E-Killer checks in Yveltal and Mence, so I would run Refresh over Will-O-Wisp. And you really need to run at least 84 special attack, to KO standard Rayquaza from full with no boosts.

Xerneas @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 76 Atk / 248 SpA / 184 Spe
Rash Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sleep Talk
- Moonblast
- Close Combat
- Megahorn

If you're really paranoid about Darkrai you can change the EVs to make this more physically offensive, to guarantee a KO with any one of the attacks. This also relieves any worries about bad sleep turns. It does limit Xern's effectiveness as a revenge-killer/cleaner, however.

EVs: 168 HP / 4 Def / 84 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Calm Mind
- Refresh
- Recover

Pretty nice team, especially for a newer Ubers player - it's good to see someone sticking up for true balance. Good job, and good luck!
Hey man, thanks so much for being so specific with the rate. I have two versions of this team right now and the only difference is that I have one team with Scarf Xerneas and the other with Banded Ho-Oh, each being a check to Darkrai but having fundamentally different roles, which is pretty nice! I decided to axe ditto either way in favour of Arceus-Rock since I think that he is a super cool mon with some great utility outside of scaring Ho-Oh away. And after play-testing a couple games with both teams, I'm 2-0 with each, which is cool! M-Mence and Rockceus actually make a decent bulky set-up sweeper core with each other and I'm definitely digging it. But I do have a couple questions regarding Rockceus.

First of all, why exactly am I running Timid and 252 Spe? Are there common threats for which I need this speed? I was just wondering because I was thinking about going for a defensive spread with 84 SpA EVs since I can outspeed the standard Adamant SD Rayquaza without any investment (or 56 EVs with a +Def nature) and make it so that I eat up the Aqua Tails and Outrages better as well as take EQs from Ho-Oh better if they predict me on the switch-in. So I'm asking you (a player with much more experience who probably sees something I'm not :P) which speeds I should be hitting with Rockceus? Thanks so much for helping this team really come together!

Malley

Dominachu
Hey, glad I could help. 252+ Spe (i.e. 372 - it's good to learn to think in stats, not EVs) doesn't outspeed anything, it's true, but it forces a speed tie with every Arceus form as well as with 252+ Spe Mega-Salamence. For a sweeper and revenge-killer these can be vital, and in my opinion are worth going for - especially if you run Will-O-Wisp, since this gives you a last-ditch chance against SD Groundceus, Ghostceus, and E-Killer. You take Aqua Tails, Outrages, and Earthquakes from full anyway, and OHKO back.

252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Aqua Tail vs. 168 HP / 80 Def Arceus-Rock: 250-294 (59.1 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Life Orb Rayquaza Outrage vs. 168 HP / 80 Def Arceus-Rock: 250-294 (59.1 - 69.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

208+ Atk Choice Band Ho-Oh Earthquake vs. 168 HP / 80 Def Arceus-Rock: 278-328 (65.7 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

If you really find yourself needing that extra bulk, the slowest you could realistically go is 352 - 176 Spe EVs - to outspeed 252+ Lati@s. That only leaves you with 80 free EVs, which make a pretty negligible difference. Don't underestimate Arceus's natural bulk - 120/120/120 is insane already, even without investment.

Good to hear you're testing multiple versions. It's the only real way to know what works best.

If you ever have any questions or want to test, look for me in the Ubers room. I'll either be on Laurence O'Malley, or Malley v.1/2/3/whatever number I've reached by then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)