XY OU A Tribute to Macho Man Randy Savage-Hawlucha

Have you ever just randomly thought of a nickname for a Pokemon and decided you had to build a team around it? That's what happened to me with Hawlucha, one of my favorite Pokemon designs from X/Y. With one of the best STAB combinations in the game and no more Aegislash to worry about(THANK YOU BASED HELIX), I figured it shouldn't be so hard to build a team around the Luchador.

MachoMan (Hawlucha) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- High Jump Kick
- Acrobatics

The keystone to my team, Hawlucha. A Pokemon very underrated in my opinion, Hawlucha has the capability to tear through teams with powerful STAB moves and blistering speed post-unburden. This Pokemon breaks through hyper offensive teams like no other, out-speeding and KOing almost everything in the tier in the right circumstances. However, its weakness to bird spam and Thundurus greatly holds it back.
This set is the most effective in my opinion, as Sky Attack makes you auto lose to Mega Pinsir and Talonflame. If I am somehow able to get a sub up, however, I could theoretically sweep a team with one of those said pokes on it. The EVs let me sub twice rather than three times to activate unburden, and the speed puts me at a higher speed than anything with a lower base speed than 95 with a speed boosting nature, which contains threats such as Dragonite, Landorus Therian, and Gardevoir (pre-mega).

Darude-Sandstorm-Everyone on the Internet
Darude (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- Ice Punch

This meme never gets old!(/sarcasm) An obvious edition to my team, Tyranitar is able to pursuit trap almost all of Hawlucha's common checks, or can just outright KO them if the opposing player tries to get cute with me. Superpower is for Mamoswine and Balloon Excadrill, since with Aegi banned Tyranitar doesn't really need Earthquake anyway. Besides that, everything else on this set speaks for itself.

The quickest way to a girl's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in.-Zap Brannigan
Zap Brannigan (Zapdos) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Zapdos is another flying resist and arguably the best Mega Pinsir counter. Unlike Zap Brannigan, Zapdos frequently has been the MVP of this team, ohkoing Oblivious Mamoswines, keeping Defog away by U-turning out, and switching into Brave Birds with ease. Hidden Power Ice cripples Lando, and HP flying isn't really helpful as Hawlucha tears through Venu anyway. U-turn lets me not have to predict ground type switch ins, and does more damage to Defog Latis trying to switch into me, guaranteeing a KO with Pursuit on Tyranitar if they stayed in, as well as popping Drill Balloons.

Chicken (Skarmory) @ Salac Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 52 HP / 200 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Drill Peck

A sad remake of the custap lead, this thing consistently gets two-three layers of hazards up, while stopping Ferro and Tyranitar leads from getting rocks up. I needed hazards since a Scarfed Excadrill Rapid Spin equals a free Sub for Hawlucha, and if a Zapdos decides to defog, it dies to Tyranitar, removing a counter for Hawlucha. Drill Peck is for Lead Breloom.

If my remote control doubled as a dildo, I'd never get off my ass to change the channel.-Jack Kinsly
Drilldo (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

I needed a spinner/defogger, and I needed a Charizard Mega X check. I might as well kill two birds with one stone I figure. Excadrill counts as a third Mega Pinsir/ Talonflame check as well, removing my weakness to Smogon Bird and Dickpinch. It also acts as a Mega Tyranitar check even if it gets to plus one. Air Balloon gives me free damage on Landorus-Therian, and without it I'd be really weak to Edgequake.

You can barbecue it, broil it, boil it, bake it saute it- Bubba Blue
Bubba Gump (Gyarados) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang
- Stone Edge

This nickname was a toss up between Luis Suarez and Bubba Gump. Choice Scarf Gyarados has suprised many people expecting it to mega. Bubba has given me clutch KOs on Landorus-T, Thundurus, the Charizards, and Greninja. It functions as a Landorus KOer and as a revenge killer. Stone edge over Bounce for move damage on Rotom-W, as well as for the OHKO on Charizard Y. Moxie is used over Intimidate for sweeping potential. Jolly nature outspeeds Mega Manectric.

Hi KeepAegiBanned , nice team here.

Hawlucha now works better with the ban of aegislash surely. And the sub- sword dance idea is really good.
But something in other mons' sets feels strange.
I think that skarmory's set with defog is very useless. U can use equally taunt, but i suggest ya this set:

Skarmory:

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 224 HP / 252 Def / 32 Spd or 32 SpD
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Taunt /Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock
- Brave Bird
- Roost

After this i think that rapid spin on Excadrill can be raplaced by Sword Dance .
And to keep Hazard away you can use as defogger Zapdos.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 24 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Roost
- Defog

These evs allow you to outspeed adamant breloom, adamant bisharp, adamant dragonite and to outspeed 240 spe phisically defensive rotom.

As last advice Earthquake>Stone Edge on Gyarados is better. After one dance you can shot Rotom and Gengar without any problem thanks to Mold Breaker.

Hope to have helped, Gl & Hf with your team :]

Hi KeepAegiBanned , nice team here.

As last advice Earthquake>Stone Edge on Gyarados is better. After one dance you can shot Rotom and Gengar without any problem thanks to Mold Breaker.

Hope to have helped, Gl & Hf with your team :]
He isn't running mega gyarados, but I waterfall will ohko gengar after one DD.

Macho madness! oh yeah it's macho madness! I like that hawlucha (but I still prefer the sky attack one. It is too frail for me heheh).

Anyways, I think thundurus is a big problem for this team, and its only counter is zapdos, but IDK what to replace. However, you can use switch gyarados into a DD set with DD, waterfall, eq and ice fang. Equip it with a lum berry.

sorry for the mistake :(

at this point gyarados can be mega i think.
Thanks for the advice on Gyarados, But my team kind of kinds destroyed by landorus-I if it was mega. Plus, the suprises are priceless.
He isn't running mega gyarados, but I waterfall will ohko gengar after one DD.

Macho madness! oh yeah it's macho madness! I like that hawlucha (but I still prefer the sky attack one. It is too frail for me heheh).

Anyways, I think thundurus is a big problem for this team, and its only counter is zapdos, but IDK what to replace. However, you can use switch gyarados into a DD set with DD, waterfall, eq and ice fang. Equip it with a lum berry.
Excadrill in the sand, TTar, and Scarf Gyarados all check it well(if i can get Gyara in on a double switch)

Ttar is OHKO'd bluntly byThundurus' Focus Blast/Superpower, both standard moves. Drill can only stand a chance if sand is up. Scarf Gyarados is your only true way to dump it, a clean OHKO with Stone Edge. However, you have to time it well, which I believe you can do properly.

Ttar is OHKO'd bluntly byThundurus' Focus Blast/Superpower, both standard moves. Drill can only stand a chance if sand is up. Scarf Gyarados is your only true way to dump it, a clean OHKO with Stone Edge. However, you have to time it well, which I believe you can do properly.
Choice scarf buddy(check not counter)

Choice scarf buddy(check not counter)
I believe I was misunderstood hahaha
I said to time it well because you cannot straight up switch into it without worrying. If you switch into anything with a voltage, you're done for. However, timing the switch into a HP or Fighting coverage, you take it down fair and square because Scarf StoneEdge ^_^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)