ORAS PU A tricky situation

A TRICKY SITUATION

Hello everyone, I've played PU for a decent amount of time and decided today to make my 1st RMT. I made a lot of teams too so it wasn't easy to pick which team I was going to post but lastly I decided to go with a nice trick room team because TR is so underrated in PU for some reason. I made this team a while ago and it's still rocking after trying it today again (It got me back to the mid 1500s)

THE TEAM:

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Knock Off
I started to make a team with a random mon that I wanted to use and while scrolling down I saw Marowak. Marowak is soooo strong with the thick club boost even almost 2OKHOing the whole tier it self but the big draw back is it's speed. I didn't want to deal with that so I gave it 0 SPD EVs and made a trick room team with it. Not really much to say about marowak besides you should try to predict your opponents while he tries to stall out your TR turns.

Carbink @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Explosion
I went for carbink as my 1st trick room setter because of its incredibly bulk, being able to BOOM when you need the free turn, able to set rocks and for some rare clutch moments to use sturdy. I firstly went with a offensive set but changed it to be my special wall because It's pretty much able to take ANY special hit and it can take some from the defensive side too. 252+ SpA Choice Specs Lapras Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Carbink: 240-284 (78.9 - 93.4%)<--- Just look at that

Beheeyem @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball​
The next thing I wanted was a offensive trick room setter and what could be better then a nice life orb beheeyem since we already got a physical TR abuser. His job is pretty much the same as marowaks, predict and hit with the difference that beheeyem can set his own trick room. I went with thunderbolt over signal beam since it can OHKO vullaby,artucuno and bulky waters after rocks.Shadow ball hits the other psychic types.

Gourgeist-Super @ Yache Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed​

The next thing I wanted was a physical tank and another TR setter so I went with Gourgeist-SUPER(lel). It's a awesome mon and its doing his job very good... take hits, burn the opponent and set trick room when needed. I added BOOM again because it gives you the free switch in that you will need often. I went for yache since the team struggles with ice/water mons.

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Surf
I had no speed control outside of TR so I went with the best mon in PU atm...Floatzel. I took the standard special set with the only change in modest nature. The extra power it gives is a blessing and I didn't want to get choice locked since the whole team needed already a lot of prediction and no one actually sees the modest nature coming. It's mostly used to clean late game and if your opponent is decently weak to it, you should try to get it in early-game.

Bouffalant @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Brave Nature
- Head Charge
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
My team was looking pretty decent at the moment and all that I wanted more was a pursuit trapper to weak some specific mons that could make trouble. With band-reckless-head charge bouffalant just cleans anything that tries to get in its way.EQ is used to hit those rock/steel types and facade is just a filler since it really doesn't need anything more.Bouffalant should get in on some weak/mid hard hitting attacks and retaliate with hard hitting attacks to break even the biggest walls.

THREATLIST:

Their stab combination can be really hard to deal with and mostly you will have to sacrifice a mon to be able to threat them out/get TR up. You should try to not let them get in for free and getting rocks up will help a lot. They become a minor threats when trick room is up (or should I call them pray with TR?) and they are much easier to handle when choice locked.

LAST TIPS:
You shouldn't try to get your trick room up as fast as possible, you will need it mostly just 2 times up. Try to find which of your mons is the best win condition and what you will need to have weakened so that you can win. You will need a lot of predictions when you go for a attack since most players will try to stall your TR turns out

IMPORTABLE:

Carbink @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Explosion

Marowak @ Thick Club
Ability: Battle Armor
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Knock Off

Beaheeyem (Beheeyem) @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Psychic
- Trick Room
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Gourgeist-Large @ Yache Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Water Veil
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Surf

Bouffalant @ Choice Band
Ability: Reckless
Brave Nature
- Head Charge
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Thanks for reading :]

Last edited:
Hi! Quick tip, you're using Gourgest-Large (probs by accident as you put Gourgiest-XL in the description) and not Gourgiest-Super, which is better in almost any way. Accidental or no, I'd suggest using it. Good luck ;).

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey CrazyStevy nice Trick Room team you have there. I admit that running Trick Room is uncommon and is difficult to pull off correctly, but it is a fun playstyle to try. You also have nice Speed in Floatzel so you aren't so reliant on Trick Room to outspeed Pokemon such as Raichu, so props for that. As for your team, the first thing I noticed is that your main sweepers under Trick Room hates being burned bar Beheeyem and you're relying on Floatzel to switch in on Will-O-Wisps and Scalds. To fix this, I'd go Guts Machoke > Bouffalant. While you do lose a Pursuit trapper, you get a better switch into Scalds and Will-O-Wisps and get a boost in the process. For this Machoke, Thunder Punch is better here to deal with Water-types such as Floatzel which you said you had trouble with while also giving you a Knock Off absorber and a response to Pawniard. Your Floatzel should also be running Timid > Modest as the last thing Floatzel wants to happen to it is to be outsped by Pokemon such as Raichu and Jumpluff which can dispatch of Floatzel if its faster. You also said that your team had no reliable switch ins to Lapras which is a problem and you're relying on Yache Berry Gourgeist-XL to live a Ice Beam/Freeze-Dry to get up Trick Room again if needed. To fix this, I'd suggest Audino > Gourgeist-XL. With this change, you have a more reliable switchin to Lapras while still having access to Trick Room + Healing Wish which gives your sweepers a second chance to clean up. With Audino here, Carbink can be changed to a physically defensive spread and Magic Coat > Moonblast so Carbink can deflects back Taunt from Pokemon such as Misdreavus and Electrode as well as take hits from Pokemon such as Golem. A final thing you can do is run Swords Dance > Fire Punch on Marowak so you have a good way to break past bulkier Pokemon and you don't miss out on the coverage since Marowak will still be able to KO most of the tier at +2.

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
Brave Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Thunder Punch
- Bullet Punch

Audino @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Healing Wish
- Encore
- Yawn

Carbink @ Custap Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Magic Coat
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Swords Dance > Fire Punch on Marowak
Timid > Modest on Floatzel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)