A very brief warstory of the Texas Regionals by Kongler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody! I've been absent for quite a while but my heart is still here with Smogon and with Pokemon!
Kevo and I showed up about noon at the regionals. We met up with Royboy, TeeJay, Biffster, OmegaDonut and a few others. There were so many peeps there it was mindbottling!
The line was tremendous. When I got inside and into the roped lines I was number 302. Ended up there were 637 entrants in the seniors division. My first round was quick and decisive. The second round I faced this cute chick. She had skills but I won 2-0. The rest of the rounds were all down to the wire up until the 8th were I finished 4th out of 637. Highlights: putting out the fellas who put out Kevin and OmegaDonut. Raping my way through such a large field. Doing it w/o Quick Claw Kyorge!
Props: Fish151PKMN
Zerowing
TeeJay for being the coolest duder ever and his realtime updates on irc during the match
Roy for being such a good sport and growing up into quite a cool young man
Biffster. He's too cool and I finally got to meet him!!!
PowderRune just a pleasure to fight and meet
Roy's brother for keeping our place in line and being as nice as possibly imaginable

Off to nats in a few weeks. Time to show what us sexy Texans can do again!

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey you forgot me! I was the kid with the red backpack you talked to in the finalists lounge!

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
short and sweet, i like it. it was an awesome experience and i'm glad everything turned out the way it did, even if it meant me unfortunately losing to toxic blissey. you played very well and i'm sure indy will be awesome. thanks for an all around wonderful day!

JRank

Jonny
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Roy were you wearing a suit? I think I might have seen you. Did you reach the finalists lounge?

Roy

streetpkmn
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
nope, i was wearing a ducks shirt. i had spikeyish hair and hung around the other ducks people most of the time.

I saw your post on my thread (and replied, just to let you know) and figured you might have said something here, so I went to see!

Haha, "cute chick," thank you, I'm flattered. I'll say again that it was a real pleasure to meet you, and I wish you luck at Nats. It's pretty amazing that Dallas had 637 competitors. Must feel amazing to come out so far on top! Congrats!

short and sweet, i like it. it was an awesome experience and i'm glad everything turned out the way it did, even if it meant me unfortunately losing to toxic blissey. you played very well and i'm sure indy will be awesome. thanks for an all around wonderful day!
Dude i lost 4th round at Dallas to a toxic Blissey... i sympathize with u.
Congrats on 4th Kongler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)