Walrus A very Gwenty walrus

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In 13th place with 6.6 points, Aura Guardian with Lecher Bitch by Genitorturers

This seems like it should have been subbed to cat 2. A pit off putting at first but I can dig it. Chorus is kinda hype. Heavy instrumentals I like, though this is a bit more eclectic than what I usually go for. This is pretty close to something that could score highly, as it is its a bit too...unrefined to get much in the way of relistens. Decent overall though.

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
In 12th place with 6.8 points, Da Letter El with Hummer by Smashing Pumpkins

Slow starter with a nice build, guitar is pretty chill. Nice sound but doesn't really get my blood pumping like I'd like. Vocals could do a lot more, sweet solos.

Texas Cloverleaf

In 11th place with 7 points, Asek with Turnover by Fugazi

I like the beat this song has going on, some nice funk to it, guitar complements it really reall well. A little too repetitive for the relatively bland vocalist. Unfortunately that continues into a bit of a boring finish to the song. First two minutes are great, last two are meh, this had potiential, good submit nonetheless.

Texas Cloverleaf

In 10th place with 7.2 points, RODAN with FullMoon by Sonata Artica

Great builder of tension into some kickass instrumentals. I wish the vocals worked with the song more than they do, they work against the sound a lot. Could definitely listen to this a bit but the vocals are too grating for regular listening. The instrumentals especially the guitar solos really do carry the song.

Texas Cloverleaf

In 9th place with 7.4 points, shubaka17 with Near to the Wild Heart of Life by Japandroids

Strong intro, great tempo pairing for an otherwise slower sound. Vocals are a little iffy but the clean sound pairs well with the instrumentals, would really like them to be more in tune. Chorus is good, if the verses were more like this this would be stronger. The instrumentals do a good job carrying this, good pick.

Texas Cloverleaf

In 8th place with 7.5 points, Adam with Whipping Post by the Allman Brothers Band

Ahh now this is a nice sound. Good sound to the vocals, groovy guitars, great rhythm. Only complaint is that I can't really rock out to this, not enough tempo, percussion not strong enough to really get off to this. Great song to get lost in though.

Texas Cloverleaf

In 7th place with 7.8 points, FMD with One Reason by Fade

I like the way this starts out, it's got a nice tempo to it, though it seems a bit oddly muted? Feels like the percussion should be a bit more prominent. This is good though, it's got a nice sound to it. I don't think it's the sort of thing I'd listen to regularly but it could definitely be an occasional thing.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

In 6th place with 8.1 points, ItsYaBoi1337 with This Is My War by Five Finger Death Punch

So my only exposure to 5FDP before this has been Wrong Side of Heaven which is a fucking burner of a song. This isn't quite on that level but it's still pretty good. The rhythm section is really strong and the vocals, while not as good as they could be, work really well as accompaniment to the instruments. This could have easily been a strong submit for cat 2. One of the few songs that benefits from being particularly short, the styling of this song lends itself to something hitting you in the face over and over and then disappearing. Good song.

Texas Cloverleaf

In 5th place with 8.4 points, VonFiedler with Time Again by Asia

I've never heard Asia before, always had the impression they were like Kansas or something of that genre. They are not. This is fucking bangin'. Killer beat, fun and interesting riffs. Vocals leave something to be desired, though, not enough to punish the rest of this too heavily. This is the first song that's been submitted that's a true headbanger, that keeps you going the whole way.

Texas Cloverleaf

In 3rd place, earning 1 bonus point and scoring 8.7, KnightsOfCydonia with JukeBox Hero by Foreigner

The accidental pander, this song is one of my classic favourites. The bass line and build is god tier, if only the bridge was a bit faster, a bit more innovative, the vocals and chorus are perfect but the one thing this song could have used is more tempo shifts, some fast instrumentals in the bridge and in the solos would make this a perfect song. Too good a song to score low but I've been exposed to too much good music to overlook its flaws now.

Texas Cloverleaf

In 2nd place, earning 2 bonus points and scoring 9.2, Blazade with Daydreamer by DGM

Great opener to this song, some sweet riffs on strong tempo. Nice clean vocals with a sound that matches nicely to the riffs. Tempo shift is a bit out of place from where this song was leading but sounds good so its okay, was a headbanger until now. They're doing some nice musical things in this slower pace aaaand we're back to tempo with a sick backing riff. Fuck yeah this guitar solo is sweet. This was sitting comfortably in the high 8s until that solo, it tied the whole song together.

Texas Cloverleaf

And in 1st place, earning 3 bonus points with a score of 9.4, Lord Gaius with Love Bites (And So Do I) by Halestorm!

Yeahhhhh this is the shit. Kickass rhythm with pace to it, soaring vocals through the chorus. Campy as all hell but then I love camp. Not a perfect song, but a tooooon of relisten value. A headbanger for sure.

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
the robbery begins

at this time, before the 2nd reveal, i would point out that i sent you exactly what you asked for: death metal yodeling. ur welcome.

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

Starting out in 20th place we have Adam with 1 point for Enter a Uh by John Frusciante

Well this is starting off pretty neat and oh god what is this noise oh no no no this is not what I'd hoped to hear dear god make it stop why is he dying make it stop. How did this song possibly make it 8 minutes?

Texas Cloverleaf

In 18th place with 2 points, mxtms with Darts by System of a Down

This reminds me of Papa Roach. Which isn't really a good thing. The instrumentals aren't particularly interesting and the vocals are pretty awful. No coherency to this. Not good.

Texas Cloverleaf

In 17th place with 4 points, Jjayyfeather with Disfiguring the Goddess by Feeding of Nihility

This is a textbook example of growls that chased me away from this genre. They contribute nothing to the song, don't work with the instrumentals at all which is possibly a good thing as the speed metal sound they're going for really doesn't have any merit or its own. On the plus side the sound isn't offensive.

Texas Cloverleaf

In 16th place with 4.7 points, GrannyPie with Iine by Babymetal

I've heard babymetal before and thought they were decent. This is alright, nothing particularly interesting. Until that rap part. What in god's name were you thinking. That was brutal. Docked this like 2 points just for that.

Texas Cloverleaf

Also in 14th place with 6 points, Steven Snype with Walk This Way by Aerosmith

Gave a bit of a break on this one. Fun fact: I've never liked Aerosmith. This is one of their more tolerable songs though the Run DMC version is better. This is just alright for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)