1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

A World Record Performance - Play! Pokemon article on IN Regional Senior Winner

Discussion in 'VGC' started by Firestorm, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Firestorm

Firestorm I did my best, I have no regrets!
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Smogon Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

2. voodoo pimp

voodoo pimp Apply directly to the forehead
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

lolwut

Anyway, it's always good to see more detail in their analyses, though it's still really annoying how they keep dancing around the concept of EVs.
  3. Team Rocket Elite

Team Rocket Elite Data Integration Thought Entity
    is a Pokemon Researcher

Good to see they are still doing these.

I don't like that statement regarding Swift Swim. If you don't know better, it sounds like this will change the turn order on the turn Abomasnow switches in when it won't.
  4. Biosci

Biosci !
    is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a VGC3 Winner

I didn't know Hidden Power and Protect were both one and the same TM. Compact discs people, get with the times.
  5. Stormfront

Stormfront

That's a very sad mistake.
    They really need to proofread these things more.
  6. DreamTalon

DreamTalon

I can't wait until someone wins with an extremely conplex spread of EVs and the writers screw up explaining what they do.
  7. Brandon13569

Brandon13569

Ha! If I ever win 1st Place they'll be screwed doing an analysis.
  8. Superpokemon67

Superpokemon67

Lol, my thoughts exactly. They should really just blow the lid on EVs if they want the VGC to be as big as the TCG.
  9. voodoo pimp

They'll probably just say "with training spread across all its stats" or something equally unhelpful.
  10. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366

Why won't they just come out of the closet and reveal the information about EVs?
  11. HagridTwin

HagridTwin

You are correct. For example, Ryan's Abomasnow wasn't max speed, and they just said "training to boost speed".
  12. voodoo pimp

I'm guessing they want to discourage metagaming by making it seem like these teams were organically created in-game, or something like that.
  13. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366

Or maybe if they did mention it, it would send the message that Pokemon = Animals = Machines. Either way, it would do something that would lead to the Pokemon Company being sued by some stupid animal rights organization *coughStupidPETAcough*.
  14. Drifblim

Drifblim

They are slowly getting better with vocabulary.... I want to see a trick room or sun team get featured soon. All the teams so far have been pretty cool, but none of them truly unique. Good strategies, yet very run of the mill all the same
  15. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't hit WoW

Ryan's team looked pretty similar to Mychael's. I'd say it was published because it goes great with the Arnold's recent world record. The team looks really great, congrats to him for winning! It's interesting to note that all 4 players that have had their teams covered have had great success in playing Pokemon through the past few years.
  16. HagridTwin

HagridTwin

Even though I've seen Luke's team, it would have been nice to see a write-up on it, or Brian's from the Junior division. I'm not complaining, just saying that there were other interesting teams from world class competitors in all divisions at Great Lakes.

Edit: Nice badge.
  17. Cybertron

Cybertron Can't hit WoW

Yeah, definitely. I'm actually really curious to see what Brian was using, Brendan's competition this year!

(Thank you btw :D)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)