1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

A "World Series", per se

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by TheBaron, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBaron

TheBaron

So I was thinking about the separation of the PS! and PO communities, and it made me think back to 1903, when, in the sport of baseball, the first "World Series" was held between the long-standing National League Pittsburgh Pirates and the fledgeling American League Boston Pilgrims. The series was arranged as a grand spectacle for fans of both the NL (which would be PO in my metaphor), and the AL (which would be PS!). Why couldn't we do the same thing with PS! and PO? (as a competition that would decide who was "better") Five battlers from each simulator would be nominated as representatives, and they would each play one battler from another simulator in a best-of-seven (no team changes) in one of the five main tiers, one battler for each tier. (We'd have to get PO to agree to Smogon tiers :P) Whichever simulator won three or more of the five tiers would be declared the winner of the "World Series". I don't know how the nomination process for the five nominees would work, but I'm sure something could be figured out. I suppose LC and CC/RandBat could be added as well, but seven battlers would have to be nominated instead of five.
  2. kokoloko

kokoloko supersmooth
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Past SPL Winner
    UU Leader

Ah! So you recall 1903, then?

Also we already had an interforums tournament in which PO got crushed (I remember because I played in it for PO), and all but like 2 of POs good players have migrated to Smogon now, so this wouldn't really work.
  3. Django

Django
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Sorry TheBaron, this thread lost all credibility when koko called himself a good player.

Anyway, an idea like this would probably move ahead quicker if you talked to the tournament director team! (Which you can find in this thread)
  4. Kevin Garrett

Kevin Garrett is a competitor
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a SPL Winner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)