a

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Stupid points/questions:

-Some of your hiragana/katakana is hard to read-- well, mostly just the "da" in Dragon Dive. :P "Hadou" is one word to so it's weird to see it separated like that. "Tsu" in Night Slash also kinda looks like a katakana "ko".

-Also, why was Focus Blast a punch? It's a chi blast attack. :P

-I'm still odded out how the fighting/dark pokemon is using Draco Meteor . . . O.o

Cool stuff though. Very entertaining. :D Good luck in the poll!

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
aahhh, i am in love with your battle panels, and very pleased that you made a full-frontal view of your final design!

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Stupid points/questions:

-Some of your hiragana/katakana is hard to read-- well, mostly just the "da" in Dragon Dive. :P "Hadou" is one word to so it's weird to see it separated like that. "Tsu" in Night Slash also kinda looks like a katakana "ko".

-Also, why was Focus Blast a punch? It's a chi blast attack. :P

-I'm still odded out how the fighting/dark pokemon is using Draco Meteor . . . O.o

Cool stuff though. Very entertaining. :D Good luck in the poll!
hahaha, i had a feeling someone might actually be able to read japanese and would pull me up on this

i basically just pulled the japanese names of the attacks from bulbapedia, and yeah regarding parsing them i had no idea so i just took a stab in the dark

focus blast is actually a chi blast, you can see him charging it in panel 5. i was considering toning out the rest of the panel and leaving the orb highlighted to emphasise it, but i opted against

draco meteor is kind of there for the hell of it, to be honest with you - i was talking to people in #cap and we were discussing how cap pokemon are often overpowered, and how people love to throw as many moves on them as possible, hence draco meteor

thanks for the feedback and the heads-up on my terrible japanese handwriting!

oh

your

god.

this little warrior dog has stolen my heart. (<?) I loved that post because we could see the original idea, and how you fleshed it out in your mind. I, to, would think the silver scarf would look great, but purple compliments his dark color scheme very well. I love the concept behind him (riding a togikiss into battle?! I vaguely remember reading something about ninjas riding kites, but this is amazing.) and the extra content of him beating the living **** out of a weaville/ dragonite was epic to say the least. Bravo!

Seriously I'm voting for that thing.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
thanks very much! i appreciate your support

cap art poll is just around the corner too (tomorrow morning, i think?) so keep your eyes peeled!

anyway, failed MAC submission:

az

toddmoding
this post is huuuuge

ooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaghhh

sorry to make two art updates in a row, but what can you do?

my design for cap 11 didn't do down so well at the polls, so sayonara tanuki ninja

other than that i've been working my ass off for smog 10, which went live last night, so check that out, some really great articles as always and our biggest issue yet

here's my share

a piece for the competitive retypes article, though i'm not sure if this was actually uploaded ?_?

lekain and kishuna, fire emblem characters for mekkah's mafia article:

little cup leads, rain dance voltorb:

silk scarf meowth and aipom:

focus sash diglett:

bronzor :(

and raikou:

fullsize

jumpluff used the raikou to make the awesome cover for this issue, so i'm quite proud of it

i also whipped something up quickly for me and cookie's firebot thread, a smogon rby hack - the player's koffing wrecking your rival's sandshrew:

i've drawn two of the three legendary dogs now, i guess suicune is overdue. it will have to wait though, i am backed up like a motherfucker - i want to finish the big wip team picture i posted and all its equivalents, i owe alison an updated avatar, i want to make good on my promise to scicky to do more zelda stuff, there are dreamscapes i have to get down, tons of wip .psds in my photoshop folder atm and i wanted to start going through the whole series and drawing all the npcs up to this point as a count down to b/w

i think i'm going to take a short break x.x

edit: and for my own reference, rodan requested a crystal onix

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You asked me to post to remind you to make me a vileplume!

so here is said post

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I believe you stole my Voltorb idea good sir! :P

I love the Bronzor though, nearly made me cry :(

az

toddmoding
You asked me to post to remind you to make me a vileplume!

so here is said post
thanks man, i have a few things to get out of the way and i will get right on it

I believe you stole my Voltorb idea good sir! :P

I love the Bronzor though, nearly made me cry :(
you've lost me, rain dance? did you post that in the thread?

bronzor :( i used to hate him more than zubat, but he is p cute for a slab of metal

Raikou is brilliant. I love it.
thankyou, i think i like it in particular because i usually don't like the mon at all

the lightning came out nicely too!

progress on that huge team:

That's to weird... I was drawing an ampharos in pretty much the exact same pose except it had a blur effect on the tail that looked like this: ~

but it didn't turn out well so I trashed it...

anyway gj you always amaze me :D

az

toddmoding
Great group drawing, but Swampert's neck looks a little too long :P
i think you're right

i already had to shorten it a lot from the rough sketch and i figured i'd sorted it out, i guess not!

OH WELL

thanks for the feedback though!

That's to weird... I was drawing an ampharos in pretty much the exact same pose except it had a blur effect on the tail that looked like this: ~

but it didn't turn out well so I trashed it...

anyway gj you always amaze me :D
thanks for your comments man, that's really rewarding :heart:

anyway

field marshal lady amarae the devout up in this bitch

az

toddmoding

trying to prove to myself i can still draw or some shit, idk

MID-LIFE CRISIS UP IN THIS

hey dude so you know that drawing I was talking about earlier?

yeah I tried it again and since you gave me inspiration to do it I thought I would post it here.

"sorry for stealing your thunder(punch)"

laaaav <3

the "AGE 18; TOO OLD FOR THIS SHIT" made me laugh alot, stop making pictures that awesome i need to breath

also; MOAAR

wickdaggler: lol punny

<.<

Anyway in terms of the new drawings, I love the sketchy, simple look, and you somehow pull it off in a way that suggests you have a lot of experience, or a shitton of natural talent.
I particularity like 'ezra'. You're pretty talented at drawing human faces, I've never really been able to do that.

<.<

Anyway in terms of the new drawings, I love the sketchy, simple look, and you somehow pull it off in a way that suggests you have a lot of experience, or a shitton of natural talent.
I particularity like 'ezra'. You're pretty talented at drawing human faces, I've never really been able to do that.
lol Thanks :)

I didn't! I have requested a certain thing once upon a time, but seeing how many backed up you are in terms of requests, I'll refrain from posting it!

That Raikou is oh so awesome, and I always liked Tanukimon!

I never knew this existed in the first place, as I am a noob, but I certainly know now! Your art is great, and it would be really nice to see more of it :toast:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)