AAMS's contribution to adding Pokemon to Shoddy Battle

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard that Doug's tool is very difficult to use so I figure this patch to the source code might make things easier. PT8Sceptile created this for the purpose of AAMS's five new Pokemon which I can personally confirm are working very well, but you guys might find it useful as well. Retyping the whole thing would be silly so I'll just link:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/AA_Mod_Server_Forum/index.php?showtopic=2499

The first post is instructions whereas the second two are those entire files in modified form so that anyone could use it even if they have no competence in programming. Indeed I hope anyone uses it; this doesn't have to just be for Doug which is why I posted it in public. Any one of you could run a server to test a custom Pokemon concept and could then post about the results here to further your efforts to design Pokemon that are just right. There are only two problems as of right now:

This method doesn't account for weight, but a server host can easily fix this. The server files contain a text file for masses for all Pokemon, and the host just needs to append the information for any new Pokemon to the end. Do note that the masses must be in kilograms, not pounds.

This method also doesn't include sprites, and I know the CAP project is famous for its well drawn sprites. Sadly the AAMS Pokemon don't have sprites (though as of yesterday, all Pokemon without sprites display the RSE Missingno. sprite, courtesy of Colin). We don't have a way to deal with this, but I'm sure Doug has some method he has been using and can post here so we'll have a complete guide on how anyone can make a server with custom Pokemon. Even if he decides not to share, the issue is 100% aesthetic and has no impact on real battles.

I hope the CAP project finds this helpful; having a free method to add Pokemon to a server should be a great boon to all Pokemon creation projects.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The tools I wrote for making pokemon are currently entwined with other crappy changes I made to the Shoddy source when I was learning about the code and attempting to use Eclipse instead of NetBeans. At this point, my remaining task is to start with a clean set of Shoddy sources, add in the "good" code, and leave all the "bad" code behind. When that is done, it will be easy to distribute the code as patches and/or jars.

I never "solved" the sprite problem. My server assumes the user has the custom sprites in their sprite directory on the client machine. Just like every other sprite. So just copy your custom sprites into the client sprite directory, and you will see them. There's no coding changes required. I have discussed a nicer solution with Colin, but I haven't coded it.

DougJustDoug

Knows the great enthusiasms
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Forum Moderatoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I uploaded all my tools and changes to the Shoddy repository a few weeks ago. If you look at the Patches section of the SourceForge project, you'll see my stuff. I tried to comment the tool, so anyone should be able to figure it out. With the changes by AA, 214 and me -- server admins shouldn't have too much trouble making a pokemon.

Now, if we can just get this sprite problem solved....

Now, if we can just get this sprite problem solved....
I found where you need to place the sprites on a Vista.

Code:
c:\users\<yourname>\appdata\local\shoddybattle\1.0
"users" can probably be substituted for "documents and settings" for an XP.

You need four kinds of sprites; two for normal/shiny x two for front/back. Where you need to place them is self-explanatory when you navigate.

That being said... anyone want to help me look for the Unown and/or Arceus back sprites? Anyone who contributes will be rewarded justly.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
i misread the question =P. for arceus if you can wait about a week i can recolor the normal back sprite into every separate color. unown i can't help much with.

i misread the question =P. for arceus if you can wait about a week i can recolor the normal back sprite into every separate color. unown i can't help much with.
THANK YOU, tennisace. Look forward to your red name and two stars. I already resigned myself to temporarily using the RS Unown back Sprites. (The offer is still open for any wishing to redeem it, however.)

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
This has all front sprites for Arceus Including shiny ones.
Searching for the other things you need.

If you need D/P Unown sprites you can download them here.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
do you still need me to recolor arceus? @Timw06 that link didnt work for me =/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)