(AB) Glass Pyramid: Chapter 1 (Starring Maxim and Geodude)

Evening, Gents, and welcome to both the first new AB and the beta test of this particular campaign. I'm Wanderer, I'll be your DM for tonight. Before we get started, let's lay down some ground rules...

1) There's a DQ time of three days for you guys, and five days for me. Not that anyone pays attention to that, but still!
2) This campaign will be using some special mechanics that you might have noticed in the AB general thread. We'll bring those up as they come along. In addition to said mechanics, Glass Pyramid will also be using the light- and shadow-types that To Defy the End uses - if you have attacks of either type, they will work here.
3) In combat, you get two substitutions per round. If the enemy gets multiple attacks per action, the first attack takes precedence in regards to subs.
4) You and your pokemon get to equip items.
5) All abilities are available, unless they are locked or mega evolution only.
6) You have only two recoveries and five chills per character outside of battle. IN battle, however, you get all you want.
7) No barking like a Spheal. It upsets me.
8) NO MAGICAL REALMS. Time and place, this will ALWAYS be neither.

Alright, now that we've got that out of the way, let's take a look at your character sheets. Max, if you would?​

Maxim:

Xavier (M)
Nature: Quirky (No Effect on Stats)

Bio: "I wonder what would happen if we mixed a Lilipup with a Honedge? Oooh! Dogs riding blade scooters!"

Xavier is a trainer from Kalos, known for his lax attitude and cloudcuckoolander habits. He always has his Ice Pokemon, as well as his trusty (and ever beleaguered) Reuniclus Cosmo. As it would happen, he is one of the five heroes of Kalos, and as part of the radiation of the Ultimate Weapon he has developed some rather odd qualities.

Type:
Normal/Fairy

Abilities:
Fairy Aura/Pixilate

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 1
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 2
Spe: 55
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4

Attacks:
Universal:
Growl
Leer
Meditate
Pound
Rage
Slam
Struggle
Tackle
Tickle

Fairy:
Aromatherapy
Aromatic Mist
Baby-Doll Eyes
Charm
Crafty Shield
Dazzling Gleam
Disarming Voice
Draining Kiss
Fairy Lock
Fairy Wind
Flower Shield
Moonblast
Helping Hand
Misty Terrain
Play Rough
Sweet Kiss

Normal:
Covet
Echoed Voice
False Swipe
Follow Me
Foresight
Frustration
Helping Hand
Quick Attack
Return
Sing
Work Up

Commands:
Bodyblock
Chill
Dodge
Shift
Take Cover

Reuniclus [Cosmo] (M)
Nature: Brave (+1 Atk, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)

Type:
Psychic

Abilities:
Overcoat/Magic Guard/Regenerator (H)

Stats:

HP: 110
Atk: Rank 4 (+)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 5
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 26 (30/1.15)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
AC: 5/5

Attacks (23/80):
Level Up*:
Charm
Dizzy Punch
Endeavor
Future Sight
Heal Block
Hidden Power Ground
Light Screen
Pain Split
Psychic
Psyshock
Psywave
Recover
Reflect
Rollout
Skill Swap
Snatch
Wonder Room

Egg:
Acid Armor
Confuse Ray
Imprison
Night Shade
Trick

Tutor:
Signal Beam

TM:
Double Team
Energy Ball
Protect
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Thunder

Going mage, huh? Alright, you check out. Geo?​
Geodude6:

Nathaniel (M)
Nature: Adamant (+1 Atk, -1 SpA)
Type:

: Dark STAB; ignores Attract and Confusion status entirely when using Dark-type damaging and non-damaging attacks.
: Ghost STAB; immune to the effects of full trapping moves and the Arena Trap, Magnet Pull, and Shadow Tag abilities. Ghost types can switch out while affected by a partial trapping move, but they will be damaged every action by their effect.

Abilities:
Intimidate: (Trigger) When this creature initially goes out into the battlefield, it lets out an intimidating roar or war cry that shakes all opponents on the battlefield, reducing their Attack stage (and adjusting the natural stage) by one (1). If an opponent switches in a new Pokemon, Intimidate can be activated again as a Command, and will affect all opponents.
Cursed Body: (Passive) When this creature is struck by an opponent's attack, there is a 30% chance that the attack will be disabled for six (6) actions. Only one of the opponent's attacks can be disabled at a time due to Cursed Body. A creature with an attack disabled by Cursed Body cannot have another one disabled by Disable, and vice versa.
Mummy: (Passive) This creature's skin has a lasting curse on it. When struck by an opponent's contact move, the curse transfers, changing the opponent's ability(ies) to Mummy for the next six (6) actions.

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 4+
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 0-
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 55
Base Rank Total: 12

Moves:
Growl
Leer
Meditate
Pound
Rage
Slam
Struggle
Tackle
Tickle

Astonish
Bite
Confuse Ray
Destiny Bond
Disable
Fake Tears
Feint Attack
Grudge
Hex
Night Shade
Ominous Wind
Phantom Force
Shadow Ball
Shadow Claw
Shadow Punch
Shadow Sneak
Snarl
Spite
Thief
Trick-or-Treat
Will-O-Wisp

Soldier [Gallade] (M)
Nature: Naive (+15% Spe, +10% Acc, -1 SpD)
Type:

: Psychic STAB; can lift and throw opponents with Psychic regardless of Special Attack Rank. Psychic-type attacks are not godlike and cannot be used as a catchall for Disabling, Binding, and redirecting opposing attacks.
: Fighting STAB; ignore weight restrictions on Circle Throw, Seismic Toss, Sky Drop, Storm Throw, Submission, and Vital Throw.

"<And then, he used his fight money to buy TWO of every animal on earth, herded them onto a boat, and then BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF EVERY SINGLE ONE.>"

Abilities:
Steadfast: (Passive) If this Pokemon is flinched, it becomes aware of the speed difference and increases Speed by one (1) stage to make up the difference. This Speed boost is maintained at the end of each round.
Justified: (Passive) This Pokemon's body reacts to dark energy, invigorating its passions. When hit by a Dark-type move, the Pokemon's attack will increase one (1) stage. A boost gained this way will be maintained at the end of each round.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3-
Spe: 92+
Base Rank Total: 21

Soldier [Mega Gallade] (M)
Nature: Naive (+15% Spe, +19% Acc, -1 SpD)
Type:

Mega Ability:
Inner Focus: (Passive) When an opponent attempts to flinch this Pokemon, it stands firm and continues its attack. If it has another ability that would be activated by flinching, that ability activates.

Stats:
Atk: Rank 7
SpA: Rank 3
SpD: Rank 3-
Spe: 127+
Base Rank Total: 24

EC: 9/9
MC: 0
AC: 5/5

Moves:
Close Combat
Leaf Blade
Night Slash
Fury Cutter
Leer
Slash
Swords Dance
Quick Guard
Wide Guard
Growl
Confusion
Double Team
Disarming Voice
Teleport
Lucky Chant
Calm Mind
Magical Leaf
Heal Pulse
Draining Kiss
Psycho Cut
Psychic
Helping Hand
Imprison
Feint
Future Sight
Charm
False Swipe
Hypnosis
Protect
Dream Eater
Stored Power

Confuse Ray
Destiny Bond
Disable
Encore
Mean Look
Misty Terrain
Shadow Sneak

Psyshock
Taunt
Hyper Beam
Light Screen
Thunderbolt
Earthquake
Shadow Ball
Torment
Façade
Focus Blast
Will-O-Wisp
Endure
Giga Impact
Stone Edge
Thunder Wave
Rock Slide
Poison Jab
Grass Knot
Substitute
Dazzling Gleam

Drain Punch
Fire Punch
Focus Punch
Ice Punch
Icy Wind
Low Kick
Magic Coat
Mimic
Pain Split
Skill Swap
Snatch
Thunder Punch
Vacuum Wave

Wish

===

2 (68 MC): Aerial Ace, Attract, Brick Break, Bulk Up, Bulldoze, Charge Beam, Confide, Cut, Echoed Voice, Flash, Fling, Frustration, Hidden Power, Low Sweep, Power-Up Punch, Psych Up, Rain Dance, Reflect, Rest, Retaliate, Return, Rock Smash, Rock Tomb, Round, Safeguard, Secret Power, Sleep Talk, Strength, Sunny Day, Swagger, Thief, Toxic, Trick Room, X-Scissor
3 (45 MC): Ally Switch, Body Slam, Captivate, Defense Curl, Double-Edge, Grudge, Headbutt, Memento, Mud-Slap, Natural Gift, Nightmare, Swift, Synchronoise, Telekinesis, Work Up

Total: 113 MC
Ow, think I cut myself on the edge, there. Huh? Oh, nothing, just muttering to myself. Everything seems to be in order, so let's get started!

Chapter 1: Better bring a whip along...and maybe some holy water.
♫Prologue

You arrive in the town of Teriblired, near the northwestern edge of Punney. Once, it was a podunk nowhere known for logging and little else, but with the advent of Dusk - a godawful book series about sparkly vampires - it expanded into a podunk nowhere swarming with tourist fangirls. Maybe you're one of them. Maybe you're dating one of them. Maybe you're here for something else entirely. Whatever the case, you're here for a few days.

While eating crappy burgers at a local restaraunt (one capitalizing on that book, of course), you overhear some rumors about how some bumbling researcher by the name of Horace disappeared in the nearby woods a few days ago. The cops had no luck with trying to find him - apparently every time anyone went in, they got driven out by a horde of Zubats shortly after. A couple of fangirls in the booth behind you get in on the conversation, gossiping that they might be the army of a vampire who kidnapped him for fresh blood.

In a bit of sordid humor, you imagine a vampire would've had better taste in victims. Nevertheless, missing people is a pretty serious affair. Army of Zubats or no, you decide to go into the woods and check it out.

You have 72 hours to post opening fluff. Whichever comes first, the campaign will begin proper.

Last edited:
Really? Nobody's gonna do an intro? Oh well, let's get this show on the road...

-Teriblired-
♫Overcast

God, those burgers were awful.

Even with all the tourism from Dusk, Teriblired is pretty much the middle of nowhere. Unless you're into small-town culture, the only real places of note are the local pokemon center and a mom-and-pop drugstore next door. There's a police station down the road, but I doubt the cops'll help you with your investigation. Hell, they'll probably get suspicious and arrest you. The woods from the rumors are about fifteen minutes from here on foot.

You look up at the sky above, a shifting sea of grays. It's dry now, but this being the wettest part of Punney, you wouldn't be surprised if it started pouring in the next five minutes.

WHAT DO, MIGHTY TRAINERS?
Maxim:
|

Xavier | Cosmo
Nothing | Life Orb
HP: 90 | HP: 110
EN: 100 | EN: 100
Stats: 1/2/4/2/55/3/4 | Stats: 4/3/5/3/26/2/2
Fairy Aura | Overcoat
Pixilate (ON) | Magic Coat
Nothing | Regenerator
No ailments | No ailments
0/0/0/0/0/0/0 | 0/0/0/0/0/0/0(-10)
No other | No other

Geodude6:
|

Nathaniel | Soldier
Longsword | Galladite
HP: 100 | HP: 100
EN: 100 | EN: 100
Stats: 4/2/0/3/55/3/4 | Stats: 5/3/3/3/92/3/4
Intimidate | Steadfast
Cursed Body | Justified
Mummy | Locked
No ailments | No ailments
0/0/0/0/0/0/0 | 0/0/0/0/0/0(+10)/0
No other | No other

Field:
Overcast (BAP of sun-based moves are halved)

QUICK NOTE: In light of the recent hotfix, Geomancy has been replaced with Moonblast. Xavier's profile has been altered to reflect this.

"Wow, this town is awesome! I can't believe we won a sweepstakes to let us travel to the site of the Dusk series! Squee!"

"This town is a dump. Why are we even here? There's nothing to see."

"Oh! There's the place where Spella met Eduardo for the first time! And there's the dark alley where Spella got bitten by Jacoby---so romantic. A shame that vampires and werewolves have that intrinsic hate thing going on. And then there's the little gazebo on the prairie where Spella proposed to Jacoby, then had amnesia and proposed to Eduardo. Such a thrilling climax there at the church."

"That sounds like a disaster of a romance novel if I ever heard one."

"I thought it was...magical!"

"I think I'm gonna be sick."

"Hey, I think I see that burger shack where she met the vampire huntress. Let's eat!"

"Wai---bother he's gone. Just remember Cosmo, this is only for two days...balls that's going to feel like an eternity."

==========================

"I'd like a Vampire Burger with Voltic Fries please!"

"Liver and Onions Cheeseburger, Liverworst Strips...do they have anything decent here? I think this place sold its soul to the book. I'll take whatever you have here that tastes decent."

"Cosmo, that's just mean. I'm sure this place has great food."

"Yeah yeah whatever."

Next to the duo.

"Hey Ciel. I thought you were meeting that researcher...what's his name."

"Horace"

"Right, I thought you were meeting him here?"

"I dunno, I think he chickened out. Although...I have heard some rumors."

"What kind?"

"Well, that he disappeared into the forest, and the cops can't search for him because of the Zubat infestation."

"Zubat infestation? Oh my, what if it's the work of The Count?"

"The Count?! Eeek! Horace might be a vampire by now, if he's involved!"

The conversation continued along those lines for a few minutes, until Xavier and Cosmo were done with their food.

"That was a good burger!"

"If that was a good burger why did it have mold on the bread? My food pellets were harder than bricks! Blegh."

"Did you hear those girls talking about the vampire around here?"

"Probably one of those cosplayers, there's a LOT of vampire cosplayers around here."

"That hide in the woods and kidnap people?"

"...Point. Well let's head on over and find him, I doubt a few Zubat will be much of an issue. And I'll do anything to get out of this dump, even just for a few hours."

"Then it's settled, we head out immediately!"

====================
"That's probably our culprit right there. Definitely has the stupid vampire garb to go with the job."

Cosmo was pointing towards a man by the name of Nathaniel. However, this man was not actually the kidnapper, but one investigating the kidnapping for reasons of his own.

"Hi there, you didn't happen to see a researcher named Horace around here did you?"

"Wh--Wait a minute Xavier if he is the kidnapper he might be hostile. Even if he is in a ridiculous costume he might still be dangerous."

Head into the Forest

Last edited:
That's it. Geo's had enough chances, but this just isn't happening. He's DQ'd, meaning this thread is over.

Max, I'm sorry you had to put up with this. I'll give you a priority slot for the next attempt.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)