1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 1 Ability-Based Tiers

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Dre89, Jul 11, 2013.

1. Jorgen

Jorgen World's Strongest Fairy
    is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

It's not like there's just one rare situation where Rhydon's extra damage is useful, though (unlike, say, the usefulness of Golem's slightly higher Speed). There's a ton of situations where, while they're not individually all that common, the likelihood of one or two of them arising in a match is very high.

Also since when are extra damage on Egg and a 3HKO against Lax situational advantages for your Rock? Those matchups happen all the time.
  2. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Golem/Rhydon actually crops up a fair amount, I find, with people using Golem to revenge-kill Rhydon. Obviously, though, since Golem and Rhydon are both a lot rarer than Chansey or Lax, it's not as common as those two matchups.
  3. Dre89

Dre89

I said the eggy MU was an exception. You can't really force lax to switch into rocks like you can with eggy. I agree though, you could say that those situational scenarios collectively make rhydon consistently capable of utilising his perks.
  4. magic9mushroom

magic9mushroom

Lax doesn't switch into Rocks, but Rocks often switch into Lax and Lax won't always switch out.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)