Ability Exchange (AE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
Moxie is meh on Latios. Surprise factor could work, but boosting a stat it rarely ever uses, plus the fact that it's physical movepool is really kind of meh, with Dragon Claw being the best STAB, you'd be better off using Intimidate on it on Porygon2 and give Analytic to something else.

Actually, I found a way around that:
Download Salamence + Moxie Landorus-T + Sheer Force Volcarona + Flame Body Porygon2: the perfect combo.

Actually, I found a way around that:
Download Salamence + Moxie Landorus-T + Sheer Force Volcarona + Flame Body Porygon2: the perfect combo.

That's illegal, actually. Landy-T doesn't get access to Sheer Force, it get's intimidate. If it was Landy-I there, then it would be legal (since we're still deciding on banning Landy-I or not).

SpartanMalice

Is Landy-T's Sheer Force unreleased ? Because it does get Sheer Force from DW. I always assumed no one just used it cause intimidate overshadowed it.

Is Landy-T's Sheer Force unreleased ? Because it does get Sheer Force from DW. I always assumed no one just used it cause intimidate overshadowed it.

Landorus-T IS technically a DW pokemon, and it only has the one ability. When it gets forme changed into Incarnate, it gains Sheer Force :P

Does anybody have any opinions of Prankster making the meta more interesting? I feel that it might dramatically make the meta more defensive, thus, balanced out.

What? Smogon's analysis clearly shows Sheer Force:
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/landorus-t/ou
So clearly it gets Sheer Force, in which case my combo is perfectly legal.
Not necessarily, it doesn't get Sheer Force on Showdown. It's an error on Smogon's part in their analysis, not that there's anything else wrong with it. Like Zero said, Landy-I gets Sheer Force when the Reflect Glass is used on Landy-T. The combination is still illegal.

I did actually want Prankster in here, it would balance out the meta game. While Whimsy and Torny could make an offensive rain set (They both get Hurricane people), most of the other prankster users are really debilitated by the loss of the ability. Besides it would be really interesting as stall would be a lot more viable.

vyomov said:
What? Smogon's analysis clearly shows Sheer Force:
http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/landorus-t/ou
So clearly it gets Sheer Force, in which case my combo is perfectly legal.
No, that's a mistake on the analysis's part. The Therian forms are caught using the Pokemon Dream Radar, and you can use the Reveal Glass on them to turn them into their Incarnate forms with the Dream World ability. However, the Therian forms themselves do not have access to those same Dream World abilities.

EDIT: Lost beat me to it, but yeah.

SpartanMalice

Prankster swapping to Thundurus-T:

Thunder Wave, Nasty Plot, Agility. Higher SpA.

Prankster swapping to Breloom:
Spore, Swords Dance, Focus Punch.

Depending on the mon it may well be OP, but this is just me.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Prankster swapping to Thundurus-T:

Thunder Wave, Nasty Plot, Agility. Higher SpA.

Prankster swapping to Breloom:
Spore, Swords Dance, Focus Punch.

Depending on the mon it may well be OP, but this is just me.

Swords Dance, Nasty Plot and Agility don't become more useful when you gain Prankster though...

SpartanMalice

If said user of boosting move is able to take at least one hit, then getting a status buff sooner isn't a bad thing. It's not a huge boost or anything, but it's good for a poke with just 101 speed since we see some pretty fast mons in this meta. Agility does the same as Thunder Wave minus hax, so it might be redunant except it's more useful in the long run since you don't have to waste a turn paralyzing everything. That being said, I didn't actually mean the same case with Breloom. Being able to Spore right off that bad and using Focus Punches behind priority substitutes is useful, even if it misses Poison Heal and Technician.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If said user of boosting move is able to take at least one hit, then getting a status buff sooner isn't a bad thing. It's not a huge boost or anything, but it's good for a poke with just 101 speed since we see some pretty fast mons in this meta. Agility does the same as Thunder Wave minus hax, so it might be redunant except it's more useful in the long run since you don't have to waste a turn paralyzing everything. That being said, I didn't actually mean the same case with Breloom. Being able to Spore right off that bad and using Focus Punches behind priority substitutes is useful, even if it misses Poison Heal and Technician.

Yeah, Prankster Breloom is a probably a monster, but the only case of which Prankster would do any good in combination of a boosting move would be if the opponent is using a faster poke that has a chance of flinching you or paralyzing you or something. But in Thunder Wave's case, it can cut a sweep short if used with Prankster unless the opposing pokemon is a Ground type. I think Prankster Breloom sounds the most tasty though :p

Though, Magic Bouncers are always a counter to prankster users. I am worried if Prankster is let in that we'd develop an ability triangle similar to the BH lead triangle of Mold Breaker, Magic Bounce, and Prankster. While I do argue Prankster Breloom is broken, I don't think it's that brtoken on anything else besides our loveable pink blobs. Prankster Softboilds, Wishes, Toxics, T-Waves, Heal Bells, or whatever you run on them now get absolute priority. Toxic+Softboild stall is pretty much going to be more annoying then Sabe's RecoverWisp Stall. Not to mention CHansey can actually take a physical hit. Forretress and Ferrothorn would also love prankster, due to priority hazards, and Leech Seed in Ferrothorn's case (It arguable would now be a better SubSeeder than Whimsy). Those who are just a little too ballsy could also attempt Prankster PerishTrap. Like I'm saying, Prankster gives a lot of walls more walling abilities, but it also easily balances out offensive behemoths like Poison Heal Regigigas.

Also we all know how CroCune's annoying to deal with, right? Well now imagine CroCrune with Marvel Scale.

SpartanMalice

CroCune can take Hydration too. And maybe Poison Heal. But Marvel Scale's good. What would Milotic get though ?

SpartanMalice

Drizzle's great, but Politoed becomes useless without Drizzle, and then you have three water mons on your team...

EV

Banned deucer.
So I was thinking of this last night:
Victini w/ Unburden @White Herb
- V-create
- Fusion Bolt
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt

Or something similar. Basically, hit V-create in the sun for big damage, White Herb refreshes stats, activates Unburden and doubles Speed, letting you spam more V-creates or a coverage move and outrun just about anything.

Needs Drought support obvi and donates Victory Star, which most Mons will appreciate.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fuck, I doubt I'm ever going to find the time to make a team, find someone who is playing this, and actually play... so I'll just post my team idea here (Feel free to use, adapt, whatever).

Clefable (Abomasnow's Snow Warning) Stealth Rock, Healing Wish
Smeargle (Clefable's Magic Guard) @Focus Sash Ice Shard (and/or ExtremeSpeed), Endeavor, Dragon Rage
Swinub (Foretress's Sturdy) Level 1 @Shell Bell Ice Shard, Endeavor
Foretress (Tyranitar's Sand Stream) Volt Switch
Abomasnow (Swinub's thick Fat)
Tyranitar (Smeargle's Technician) Pursuit (fuck them ghosts)

Probably a lot of room to improve on this, but it's basically abuse endeavor team. The ideal is to get Swinub set up to sweep. Shell Bell + Sturdy combo-- Aron, except with Ice Shard and immunity to Hail. lol

Technician TTar backed by Sand Stream Foretress fucks up all the ghosts hard. This lets Forry spin freely and Swinub gets protected from Hazards (and ghost types trying to block Endeavor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)