Deoxys-Speed @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spa
+offensive - defensive nature, idk
- Psycho Boost
- Super Power
- Ice Beam
- Knock Off

This set actually works really well since Deo-S outspeeds every threat, anyways.
A Nasty Plot set could work too I think

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
EVs: 212 Spd / 252 SAtk / 44 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Rock] / Shadow Ball / Hidden Power [Fire] / Superpower

The spread outspeed scarf base 100's. However, you can run a Modest set with no speed if you want, as no speed DeoS outspeeds unboosted base 130s. Boltbeam + Protean is really cool. HP Rock is for Wonder Guard mons. However, since they will most likely be banned, Shadow Ball or Dark Pulse are better options in the last slot. Hidden Power Fire is also an option. You can even opt to run Superpower and put those 44 into Attack instead.

stop fucking hyping adaptability darm already the only buff darm gets is that it dies faster. how the fuck is it a buff when your coverage moves are nerfed in power for a marginal increase in flare blitz?
What Coverage moves? Rock Slide is really the only move thats boosted by sheer force. However, I do agree, Darmanitan got a downgrade.

stop fucking hyping adaptability darm already the only buff darm gets is that it dies faster. how the fuck is it a buff when your coverage moves are nerfed in power for a marginal increase in flare blitz?
Woah calm down, I just was thinking about it then realized that Sheer Force is about the same (If Darmanitan GOT Sheer Force thanks to Ability Shift).

So.. TheBurgerKing99, any word on potential bans and showdown updates? The meta is pretty broken now. Here's how I see it:

Pure Power mons wreck everything (usage=on very team) -> Wonder Guard and Fur Coats mons only things bulky enough to stop Kecleon, Greninja continues on wrecking (usage for WG and FC mons=basically forced onto every team) -> Imposter snorlax to become greninja and wreck opposing greninja + the rest of the opponent' steam (usage is about on every team).
And then there's shadow tag chansey and Jirachi, as if things weren't bad enough.

So, that's about 10 mons that are broken and pretty much the only selection for someone to teambuild from who wants to have a chance.

If arena trap Ferrothorn comes in against another Arena trap Ferrothorn an infinite stall fest begins that can only end in PP stall and Spikes has 32 PP, Stealth Rock has 32 PP, Leech Seed has 16 PP, Power Whip has 16 PP, Thunder Wave has 32 PP and it basically never ends ever

If arena trap Ferrothorn comes in against another Arena trap Ferrothorn an infinite stall fest begins that can only end in PP stall and Spikes has 32 PP, Stealth Rock has 32 PP, Leech Seed has 16 PP, Power Whip has 16 PP, Thunder Wave has 32 PP and it basically never ends ever
Arena Trap cannot trap an arena trapper just like two wobbuffets can't trap each other.

Huh sorry guys. Gamefreak's inconsistency strikes again.

If the pure power mons get banned, does anyone think huge power Teddiursa will become a threat? It's as strong as Marowak, which is awesome, and can hold an item, scarf to fix it's speed, or eviolite to try and get some bulk (scarf would be better).

I like to call this set "The Quiver Killer:"

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Insomnia (Aerilate)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Crunch

The main feature of this set is that it can come in on a Sleep Powder coming from commonly seen Quiver Dancers like Vivillon. On the following turn, Lucario can then either Swords Dance or Mega-Evolve and rush in with an Aerilate-boosted Extreme Speed for a KO, barring having a Focus Sash intact. The Extreme Speed also makes for a great check to opposing Grass and Fighting types.

In terms of the third attacking move, I find Crunch the most useful, seeing as Dusclops and Cofagrigus wall this set otherwise, plus it's handy for knocking down Psychic-types. Other usable moves include Stone Edge, which hits the Wonder Guard Fire Types, or Ice Punch, which covers a wide amount of Pokemon.

I like to call this set "The Quiver Killer:"

Lucario @ Lucarionite
Ability: Insomnia (Aerilate)
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Close Combat
- Crunch

The main feature of this set is that it can come in on a Sleep Powder coming from commonly seen Quiver Dancers like Vivillon. On the following turn, Lucario can then either Swords Dance or Mega-Evolve and rush in with an Aerilate-boosted Extreme Speed for a KO, barring having a Focus Sash intact. The Extreme Speed also makes for a great check to opposing Grass and Fighting types.

In terms of the third attacking move, I find Crunch the most useful, seeing as Dusclops and Cofagrigus wall this set otherwise, plus it's handy for knocking down Psychic-types. Other usable moves include Stone Edge, which hits the Wonder Guard Fire Types, or Ice Punch, which covers a wide amount of Pokemon.
I was just about to make a post about this haha! Personally I think the final Slot should be choiced between Crunch/Stone Edge/Ice Punch/Iron Tail. Bullet is just too weak to cover really... anything, and Mega Luke is already fast enough to outspeed many things. Also slash Adamant before Jolly, the extra power helps a lot.

can someone post an alphabetical list of abilities? that would be really helpful

never mind, i found one: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_abilities#List_of_Abilities

these looks awesome
Weavile @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Brick Break
- Shadow Claw

unresisted STAB plus great attack and speed, yes please!

Snorlax @ leftovers/choice scarf
Ability: Imposter
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Body Slam
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot
- Power-Up Punch

behold! the ultimate revenge killer

Last edited:
So.. TheBurgerKing99, any word on potential bans and showdown updates? The meta is pretty broken now. Here's how I see it:

Pure Power mons wreck everything (usage=on very team) -> Wonder Guard and Fur Coats mons only things bulky enough to stop Kecleon, Greninja continues on wrecking (usage for WG and FC mons=basically forced onto every team) -> Imposter snorlax to become greninja and wreck opposing greninja + the rest of the opponent' steam (usage is about on every team).
And then there's shadow tag chansey and Jirachi, as if things weren't bad enough.

So, that's about 10 mons that are broken and pretty much the only selection for someone to teambuild from who wants to have a chance.
i Agree. as much fun as i have with torkaol, seen too many graninjas and Snorlaxs on almost every single team. I find Graninja is the main problem, kecleons speed holds it back from being too deadly. Shadowtag Chansey/Blissey i seen a goodnumber of as well (i assume jirachi is almost as bad for walling).

torkoal/heatmor may have wonderguard, but most teams can easily use a earth/rock/water move. and snorlax is only as good as what it clones. but if there needs to be some bans to unbreak the meta, id be ok with losing my fire turtle.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)