Ability Unity!

I'm all up for Contrary being banned. Sceptile spamming Leaf Storm then Mega Evolving and nuking literally everything is stupid.
Aye. It's fast enough to be a revenge killer (and avoid being RKed itself except by priority and scarves) while being strong enough (with pretty solid coverage) to be a powerful wallbreaker, all without breaking a sweat. Reliably walling Mega Sceptile entails Unaware Chansey or SpD Unaware Florges (or I guess Unaware Porygon2, though that gets 2HKOed by Focus Blast with some prior damage), and that's about it.

Contrary Superpower users (from Spinda) are also fucking annoying, though they're all slow enough that revenge killing is a possibility. Snorlax, to use the most common example, can invest enough in Attack to risk a 2HKO on any Florges that could hope to wall Serperior, as well as hitting Chansey and Porygon2 super-effectively. In general it's just really fucking bulky and can easily generate offensive pressure to make actually switching your answer in a pain. All of the relevant Fighting-type Fighting resists (Heracross, Hawlucha, Megacham, Toxicroak) take heavy damage from an Adamant Return. So basically you have Ghost-types, and save for ones with Taunt or Haze I'm pretty sure Snorlax could PP stall a lot of them out by virtue of Rest.

I remember having more to say here but I don't remember it now. Yeh ban Contrary pls.

Could someone clear something up for me? If Octillery, a pure Water-type, has Sniper, can any other Water-type learn Sniper regardless of secondary typing? Or is it limited to pure Water-types? I know it's a basic question, but it interests me greatly.

Not sure who's actively playing this but anyone interested in doing viability ranking? If so, I can give you the 2nd post of the thread.

Jajoken InfernapeTropius11 Quantum Tesseract ?
I am. I have one in the works right now. If someone else wants to do it instead/is farther along, feel free to pm me and I'll help them.

In other news, the sheer force delphox/victin that was brought up earlier- Is that a bug, or is it intended?
Could someone clear something up for me? If Octillery, a pure Water-type, has Sniper, can any other Water-type learn Sniper regardless of secondary typing? Or is it limited to pure Water-types? I know it's a basic question, but it interests me greatly.
Pure water types only.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Not sure who's actively playing this but anyone interested in doing viability ranking? If so, I can give you the 2nd post of the thread.

Jajoken InfernapeTropius11 Quantum Tesseract ?
I am. I have one in the works right now. If someone else wants to do it instead/is farther along, feel free to pm me and I'll help them.

In other news, the sheer force delphox/victin that was brought up earlier- Is that a bug, or is it intended?

Pure water types only.
I haven't started a VR cuz I wanted someone to bounce ideas off of, but I'm more than willing to help out.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
I was just thinking about Viability Rankings last night and genuinely thought that they should wait until the metagame settles down...Many potentially potent threats have yet to be discovered or popularized, and it would likely be VERY incomplete as of now. If you want incomplete viability rankings that will need to be HEAVILY updated on a daily basis, go ahead. For now, however, with Gale Wings dominating everything and most of the sets left undiscovered, I don't really see it being all that useful.
Gale wings is strong but that's simply not true. There are several offensive mons that can take on common users (tough claws rachi/metagross for example) and their guarunteed sharply defined weakness to stealth rocks holds back gale wings quite a bit. However moxie dragonite is something that annihilates HO if you are looking for random examples of things that have the capability to just crush HO. I think gale wings is fine so far.
Um, What? Rachi is 2hko'd by Banded Brave Bird from Braviary after rocks, and Metagross avoids the 2hko, but loses to moltres unless you're running scarf/rock slide. The weakness to SR isn't that relevant when spinners like regen starmie are absolutely everywhere and magic bounce users are somewhat common. Moxie Dragonite isn't a threat to HO right now, they just bring in their Braviary as it tries to DD. Moxie Dragonite SHOULD destroy offense, but it simply won't destroy decent players because of gale wings' presence. There's also a HUGE difference between something that needs a kill/free turn to BECOME threatening and something that quite literally guarantees a kill every time it enters the battle. Even something as bulky as a 100/100 resist is 2hko'd off of PRIORITY. That's absurd. No, I'm not exaggerating. 252+ Atk Choice Band Braviary Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Jirachi: 154-182 (45.1 - 53.3%) -- 89.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Can this please get some attention? I seriously don't want to play the tier when it's nothing but birdspam that you can barely check more than once. Even if you get something in that is 3hko'd, it can't switch back in, forcing you to lost another mon every time the gale wings user enters the field.

Pure water types only.
Thanks for the help! I'm now thinking surprisingly unpleasant thoughts about thoughts about Sashed Unburden Sawk. My tentative set is as follows:-

Shang-Chi (Sawk) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Sawk's base 85 Speed isn't going to set the world on fire, but its attack is fairly decent and it gets access to Unburden courtesy of Hitmonlee. Basically, this 'mon fulfills a lead role: chuck it out, boost with Bulk Up until your opponent uses a damaging move, and proceed to hit things very hard indeed. Yes, it's vulnerable to birdspam, but frankly what isn't? Hopefully this is of interest to people. =]

EDIT: Came up with an interesting Virizion set. And yes, it's also vulnerable to birdspam. I get it. This is not the meta for Fighting-types. However, it's still an interesting thought, I think, so I'd be interested in people's opinions.

FAB 1 (Virizion) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Worry Seed
- Substitute
- Energy Ball

This is an extremely survivable take on the SubCM set lurking around the place, but with Poison Heal courtesy of Breloom. I think moves like Gastro Acid and Worry Seed are a lot more viable in this meta than people think, or at least are moves that people can potentially overlook in their rush to put Gale Wings on everything they can. A lot of Pokemon are only made viable by their new ability, so removing it can make your walls that bit more wall-y. Of course, I may well be wrong, so I'd be interested to hear feedback from more knowledgeable types. =]

Last edited:
Ok I just want to throw in my Contribution with the biggest piece of hell I could make. This is my Chansey Not sure if this was made before but hey it is um something

The Highest form of Hell(Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Truant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Skill Swap
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss

We have another Sylveon! Glaceon with Refrigerate.
I've been using that lol

Frosty (Glaceon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam

It dies easy by virtue of poor defensive typing but not before it pokes holes in the opposing team.

I also like to use both Staraptor and Braviary, one having Gale Wings and the other I bluff Gale Wings with.
Then your Zapdos gets murdered by a Tinted Lens Brave Bird.

Ok I just want to throw in my Contribution with the biggest piece of hell I could make. This is my Chansey Not sure if this was made before but hey it is um something

The Highest form of Hell(Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Truant
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Skill Swap
- Wish
- Protect
- Seismic Toss
First of all, Truant Skill Swap is not the greatest of strategies. It has been and will always be a gimmick. Because you run Truant, on very first turn that Chansey enters, you either have to Skill Swap, switch back out, or chose another move that gives your opponent a free turn. A simple Protect will also destory your set. It's also very easy to counter your set simply by switching. Your set does not have any momentum at all, considering Seismic Toss is your only way to deal damage. Another thing about Skill Swap is that you can only use it once before you have to switch out. A better set for Chansey would be Unaware or Regenerator with pretty much standard moves.
PS: your nickname does not fit the limits of 18 characters, and Hell is supposed to be down low, not high up

I've been using that lol

Frosty (Glaceon) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Hyper Beam

It dies easy by virtue of poor defensive typing but not before it pokes holes in the opposing team.

I also like to use both Staraptor and Braviary, one having Gale Wings and the other I bluff Gale Wings with.
Then your Zapdos gets murdered by a Tinted Lens Brave Bird.
Glaceon does not seem to fair well here. With it's horrible defenses and bad defensive typing, it's a bit of a glass cannon. Except glass cannon's usually have speed or priority which Glaceon really lacks. Glaceon gets 2HKO'ed by almost everything offensive, so it can't switch in. Even then it does almost no damage to stall either.
252+ SpA Choice Specs Refrigerate Glaceon Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 201-237 (28.5 - 33.7%) -- 0.3% chance to 3HKO
I also advise not using Hyper Beam. Recharge turns can be very costly.
PS: I really like your creative name of "Frosty"

Tinted BB is actually pretty nice though. The problem is, it can't switch in.
252+ Atk Tinted Lens Braviary Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 166-196 (43.3 - 51.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Tinted Lens Braviary Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 216-255 (56.3 - 66.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
It can even possibly maybe hopefully OHKO Zapdos if you have rocks up and run Band Adamant max Atk.
252+ Atk Choice Band Tinted Lens Braviary Brave Bird vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Zapdos: 248-294 (64.7 - 76.7%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Braviary: 300-354 (87.7 - 103.5%) -- 25% chance to OHKO

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Can we PLEASE stop with all the shitposting on this thread? Literally 75% of the posts are just one liners or a couple of random ideas with no expansive thought process, showing zero creativity and intellect while clogging the thread with useless posts. If your post doesn't contain more than 3 lines of text, not including sets, you probably should not be posting it. Please stop posting random sets with no explanation. If you have a set you want to share, then post it and explain exactly what it does and why it's good in the tier, rather than just leaving "sheer force delphox" and nothing else in your post.

"hey I can use xxx. I'm going to like this meta!" Is a TOTAL shitpost and you absolutely should never post this sort of thing on any thread. It's clogging the thread and needs to stop, and if it doesn't, this thread will need to be moderated in the future, and that's not something any of us want.

Scarf Typhlosion with Drought and Eruption seems like a nice thing to be honest

Typhlosion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Extrasensory
- Focus Blast

Just plain sheer damage with eruption

Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Final Gambit

Getting a nice +4 on speed might come in handy

Last edited:
The team I used with Glaceon on it was actually entirely a bunch of hard hitters/revenge killers. I wanted to test Glaceon but didn't feel like putting much effort into teambuilding, so literally everything was specs or band, besides megavoir.

I rarely ever switched Glaceon in, and honestly I found I almost never used it if I didn't lead with it. It fared well against all the ground type stealth rock leads, and most leads in general because they aren't very bulky. I probably wouldn't use it again, but that doesn't mean it can't poke holes in teams. (And there is nothing else to put on it other than Hyper Voice and Hyper beam, and shadow ball for things like jirachi, but I've never clicked on shadow ball with it).

But basically the strategy was to lead with Glaceon, poke holes in the opposing team, revenge kill/2HKO (most of the time) their switch in to my revenge killer, birdspam, etc etc.

With an offensive typing that godawful (and unlike Mega Beedrill, no way of pivoting out of its many switch-ins), I'm not sure Venomoth can afford to give up Tinted Lens -- not to mention that by needing a coverage move on top of its STABs, it doesn't have room for Sleep Powder. Have you tested this set out?
yeah, the idea behind it maybe was better then it actually is. it's not too bad, but also not super strong.

to handle contrary (mega) sceptile (and a lot more) i use this:
Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Dragon Tail
- Heal Bell / Protect
- Wish

it is imho the best normal type mixed tank, with a bunch of hp and wide movepool.

yeah, the idea behind it maybe was better then it actually is. it's not too bad, but also not super strong.

to handle contrary (mega) sceptile (and a lot more) i use this:
Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Dragon Tail
- Heal Bell / Protect
- Wish

it is imho the best normal type mixed tank, with a bunch of hp and wide movepool.
252 SpA Choice Specs Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 128+ SpD Lickilicky: 229-270 (54.1 - 63.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Leaf Storm vs. 248 HP / 128+ SpD Lickilicky: 199-235 (47 - 55.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Have you tested this set out?
Camerupt @ Cameruptite
Ability: Simple
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rock Polish
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Final Gambit

Getting a nice +4 on speed might come in handy
Have you tested this set out?
I'd be really great if ppl could expand a bit more on theses drowned debates:
-Gale wing rendering offense shit.
-Contrary being dumb
-Chatot still being a thing

As far as I'm concerned contrary isn't just broken because it gives free boosts with no risks whatsoever while dealing damage but also because it allows you to spam high powered moves with no drawbacks meaning that the common "duh, run unaware" answer that I get most of he time when I ask the question is usually not even valid. Not to mention you'd need 2 unaware users if you want to possibly wall multiple contrary set (which is legal to run on one team because of weird ability clause) it's pretty obvious to see why it would be considered op.

Thought admittedly I'm pretty sure the only reason why contrary is kept in check currently is because of the infinitely more ridiculous gale wings. Gale wing mons actually have more often than not, all the coverage they need to be effective with one set meaning that switchins in general aren't easy to find. Offensive switchins are almost nonexistent meaning that yeah, ho pretty much has to sack a mon every time it comes in. Not only that but gale wing is an instant shift of momentum for the gale wing user regardless of how well the other player was playing and it's not like you can toss intimidate or regenerator on any flying resist, check it offensively with -ate speed or run some offensive switchins like sd skarm / doublade like another meta with the same problem.

I also love the irony of xJowngrewgurin posting something about shitposting and the post directly following that post being 2 untested set with no context or explanation with one set being well known and the over being illegal.

Edit:
Thanks for the help! I'm now thinking surprisingly unpleasant thoughts about thoughts about Sashed Unburden Sawk. My tentative set is as follows:-

Shang-Chi (Sawk) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Bulk Up
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Sawk's base 85 Speed isn't going to set the world on fire, but its attack is fairly decent and it gets access to Unburden courtesy of Hitmonlee. Basically, this 'mon fulfills a lead role: chuck it out, boost with Bulk Up until your opponent uses a damaging move, and proceed to hit things very hard indeed. Yes, it's vulnerable to birdspam, but frankly what isn't? Hopefully this is of interest to people. =]
I don't get this set, at all. First of all I would never consider unburden + sash to be a good set, especially on a mon who's bulk is somewhat not terrible and who actually boosts his defence. Second, unburden is an ability for a late game sweeper, a cleaner, when the team is weakened and prio is gone unburden can clean up, but unburden on a lead set seems just completely counterproductive, you want to make holes, run something powerful. Because if there's one thing that this pokemon isn't, it's powerful. No item to boost power, no ability to boost power and... bulk up? That actually brings me to my forth point. Why sawk? There are plenty of fighting types who have either fake out or sd and would make a much better unburden set including hitmonlee who can actually run this exact same set but better because of access to mach punch. I simply don't get why you chose sawk. But I think the thing I understand the least about this set is, no stab? You're not running any stab. Your most powerful move is an unboosted, non stab 100 base power move? This pokemon isn't sweeping anything in the next 100 years yet alone getting a ko? I don't really see that happening any time soon. 252 Atk Sawk Stone Edge vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Manaphy: 106-125 (31 - 36.6%) You can't even 3hko neutral, uninvested base 100 / 100 after leftovers recovery...

Last edited:
So, I've had some decent success on the ladder. I've tried many different sets on many different Pokemon. I've gone through the inevitable such as Gale Wings spam, Sheer Force Manaphy and Magic Bounce Umbreon among others; but the one set I love the most is this:

Reuniclus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 172 HP / 84 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Psychic / Psyshock
- Shadow Ball / Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Why This Ability? (Analytic)

The Ability Unity comes from Beheeyem / Elgyem. Reuniclus has always known to possess strong raw power coming from its base 125 Sp. Attack stat. This is further boosted by its newfound ability, Analytic, which effectively multiplies the damage output of Reuniclus's moves by 1.3x. This ability is very effective with Reuniclus due to its abysmal base 30 Speed, which means the ability will most likely have its effect against most match-ups. Reuniclus is also known to cause switches, due to the fear of it setting up Trick Room.

Set Explanation

The Sp. Atk EVs are invested so that Reuniclus has the maximum damage output. I chose this specific amount of Defense EVs, because after the investment, Reuniclus's Defense stat would be 1 point higher than its Sp. Defense stat; this is important in a tier where most of the Download-users I've seen such as Lopunny -> Mega Lopunny, are physical based. The rest of the EVs are dumped into HP. Attack IVs at 0 to minimize damage from Foul Play. Speed IVs at 0, in order to "out-slow" opposing Pokemon.

Regarding The Moveset

Psychic is the obligatory STAB move here, doing massive amounts of damage even to Pokemon that resist it. Psyshock is a very good alternative, if you want to hit certain Pokemon that are stronger on their Sp. Defensive side. For example, a relevant calc. would be this:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 360-424 (56 - 66%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Both moves have their good and bad points, but it's up to personal preference.

Shadow Ball is chosen for the second moveslot, because it hits certain Psychic-type Pokemon, which are running rampant in the tier, such as Cresselia and Mew. Again, Psyshock is listed as a possible substitute, if you have an alternative method of dealing with Psychic-types. Focus Blast is the non-negotiable third move, which deals with Dark and Steel-types. For example, one of Reuniclus's main switch-ins tends to be Umbreon:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Reuniclus Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Umbreon: 326-384 (82.7 - 97.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Lastly, the best part about this set: Trick. Trick cripples the few amount of switch-ins that Reuniclus already has, or it can be used to allow another Pokemon to set-up. It's acts as a situational emergency-button if you're unsure of what the opponent wants to do.

Why Does It Work In The Ability Unity Meta?

Unlike OU, Reuniclus thrives in this meta. This is due to the lack of pursuit trappers, which rendered Reuniclus absolutely helpless in OU. While, the meta hasn't fully developed yet, it is evident that Pokemon such as Weavile, Tyranitar and Bisharp don't appear as much; this is due to them having uncommon typings, and thus, they do not benefit from the metagame. Other than this, Sableye and its Mega are also not as omnipresent in the metagame, for the same reason as the Pokemon mentioned above, this allows the Psychic / Fighting coverage to wreck much more havoc than it already did.

P.S. If you need help with the viability ranking, I'm willing to lend a hand.

The problem I have with Analytic in this meta is that it is a meta that is so hyper offensive. And when there are things like Dark Aura Honchkrow running around I feel like Reuniclus can become more of a liability. Another thing to note is the existence of Regenerator cores that typically use Chansey, a bulky Psychic, and a bulky Dark-type. Reuniclus finds it difficult to deal with teams that can force it to constantly switch. Reuniclus also requires a fair amount of prediction to use because once you click your move there isn't turning back. It should finally be noted that your set is completely walled by Sableye, Spiritomb (lol), and Doublade to an extent. While Reuniclus does have a sheer amount of power it can't come in on much of anything and once it is in you have to choose your move so carefully.

Also as stated before, one liners are somewhat shit posts. Don't say Cool, _____ _____ because that doesn't contribute anything to the discussion. If you say something you should provide a set at least as well as some info describing the set.

If you've read my set description, you'd see my explanation with pre-empting the idea of "Sableye" in the meta. The team I used with Reuniclus in it, had no problems getting to #1 on the ladder, even with the amount of hyper offense. The current AU meta is bended towards 1.) HO, and 2.) Stall. Reuniclus is meant to be a wallbreaker, not a sweeper/cleaner. It acts just like Hoopa-Unbound in regular OU. Despite how good it sounds on paper, I've not once seen Dark Aura Honchkrow in the 50+ battles I've played, nor have I seen an omnipresence of Regen cores.

Again, I agree that Dark-types do its number to Reuniclus in a 1-v-1 situation, but nothing common in the meta can switch into it, without fear of dying. That is what a wallbreaker does.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Reuniclus Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 161-190 (52.9 - 62.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Last edited:
And I never said it wasn't a wall breaker. It just has trouble beating certain things which most wall breakers do. Also, I'm surprised you haven't seen Dark Aura Honchkrow, it's pretty cool. I never even said Regenerator cores are omnipresent. In fact, I never said anything was omnipresent. If you actual read my post you'd see that. I was going to say I think Sableye is underrated in this meta because it is extremely bulky and still has just as much utility it always has had. I simply said I don't like Analytic as an ability because it forces you to be slower which can make it annoying to use at points. I was simply stating the cons to using it, all the pros you said are valid. To wrap this up and stop being a bitch I think it's too early to say something is necessarily omnipresent. The meta hasn't developed enough so maybe Reuniclus will be amazing or maybe something will be innovated that is far better.

Can we PLEASE stop with all the shitposting on this thread? Literally 75% of the posts are just one liners or a couple of random ideas with no expansive thought process, showing zero creativity and intellect while clogging the thread with useless posts. If your post doesn't contain more than 3 lines of text, not including sets, you probably should not be posting it. Please stop posting random sets with no explanation. If you have a set you want to share, then post it and explain exactly what it does and why it's good in the tier, rather than just leaving "sheer force delphox" and nothing else in your post.

"hey I can use xxx. I'm going to like this meta!" Is a TOTAL shitpost and you absolutely should never post this sort of thing on any thread. It's clogging the thread and needs to stop, and if it doesn't, this thread will need to be moderated in the future, and that's not something any of us want.
Minimodding is against the rules. In any case, whatever he said applies. In addition, please stop making uninformed posts. Don't post if you haven't read the OP or if you don't know the clauses. I've seen enough Guillotine posts.

I don't know if this set has already been listed

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk /4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Baton Pass

If it gets an Attack boost it's lethal late game, especially with its unresisted coverage. Fake Out gives Lopunny a safe window to mega evolve - it also lets you KO heavily weakened Pokémon. Return and High Jump Kick get STAB, and thanks to Scrappy have perfect neutral coverage. Baton Pass passes on a boost, and even if you're not passing anything it can grab momentum. Pass an Attack boost to Drough / Sheer Force Entei or a Special Attack boost to Protean Porygon-Z, and you've got one dangerous Pokémon.

I don't know if this set has already been listed

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 Atk /4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Baton Pass

If it gets an Attack boost it's lethal late game, especially with its unresisted coverage. Fake Out gives Lopunny a safe window to mega evolve - it also lets you KO heavily weakened Pokémon. Return and High Jump Kick get STAB, and thanks to Scrappy have perfect neutral coverage. Baton Pass passes on a boost, and even if you're not passing anything it can grab momentum. Pass an Attack boost to Drough / Sheer Force Entei or a Special Attack boost to Protean Porygon-Z, and you've got one dangerous Pokémon.
I think that Ice Punch is another option for taking care of PH Landorus but otherwise this set is pretty cool. Granted it does hate the bird spam that exists in this meta. But otherwise BP does seem like the better choice in combination with bird spam and just the sheer amount of offensive threats that can tear through so much at +1. I'm pretty sure some choice mons at +1 can pretty much win.

Gale Wings needs to be banned IMO, none of the checks are especially good. Filter Registeel lacks reliable recovery, Intimidate Raikou takes massive damage from Braviary's Band Return and Moltres's Fire Blast and overall you're pretty much forced to sack something if the Gale Wings user gets a free switch in. There's a reason why Inheritance banned Gale Wings.

Gale Wings needs to be banned IMO, none of the checks are especially good. Filter Registeel lacks reliable recovery, Intimidate Raikou takes massive damage from Braviary's Band Return and Moltres's Fire Blast and overall you're pretty much forced to sack something if the Gale Wings user gets a free switch in. There's a reason why Inheritance banned Gale Wings.
The reason was landorus and archeops getting priority brave bird. By comparison, AU is far closer to AAA, where it has thus far stayed unbanned despite a massively superior user in skarmory.
Further, GW does have counters, like Heatproof Metagross, any Metagross for non-moltres, Heatran for Moltres, filter registeel for Star/Braviary, av Raikou...
Furthermore, these mons are far from unviable and indeed check much of the rest of the metagame.

Gale wings is good, but its not broken.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)