Abomasnow (Choice Band) [GP 2/2]

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Ok, thanks for the check. There are some things I don't agree with or don't understand.
Choice Band is the preferred item
The set is called Choice Band, not some variant of physical attacker, and there is no mention of any other possible items, so I don't know why this needs to be said.
Also, you changed the structure of the set comments so it no longer means what I want it to. The two threats to hail teams that Abomasnow specifically surprises other than the weather inducers are Heatran and Jirachi, not Heatran and Jirachi grouped together as the first and Dragon-types as the second.
Steel-types are at the top of thelist of Abomasnow’s counters Steel-types are at the top on Abomasnow’s counters list
Maybe I'm being stupid, but what is gained by this change?
switch in safelysafely switch in
Is there any difference between these? Why is "safely switch in" preferable to "switch in safely"?
taking Fire and Fighting-typeattacks well and is a good check for Scizor. It can also lay Toxic Spikes thatwill contribute to taking many offensive Pokemon into KO range for Abomasnow’sIce Shard.
This bit about Tentacruel is important and you cut it out, replacing only the Toxic Spikes part without an explanation of why you particularly want the foes Pokemon to be taking extra residual damage when using Abomasnow.

The messed up spaces in the non cp version made it hard to read when I was checking the changes. So what should I do at this point? Just makes the changes I agree with or leave it alone just now?

Cereza

Tastes Like Candy
you can change what you agree with =3 there's no comment on the choice band part; I derped. I'm sorry I chnaged the meaning of your sentence, I was just trying to organize the paragraph as you mentioned earthquake then ice shard and then earthquake again, that is usually frown upon in formal writting. About the counters thing....it just makes the sentence easier to read imo.

About the spaces...I have no idea but every time I pasted from word the whole thing became a single word. I had to manually separate all the words. I did the c/p first because I thought it was more important, I didn't have time to finish the corrections part because I had to go to work.

Anyways, just make the changes you agree with ;3

Knight of Cydonia

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hey, don't worry about it, I've made nearly all of your changes, and tried to re-do the bits that we both got wrong.
I was just trying to organize the paragraph as you mentioned earthquake then ice shard and then earthquake again, that is usually frown upon in formal writting
It annoys me too that Ninetales is KOd by Earthquake otherwise I could have left any mention of Earthquake until after I spoke about Ice Shard, as this is the order they are placed in on the actual set.

EDIT- It would be helpful if you stated at the top of your checks that you are not a member of the GP team, something to remember for next time.

Deletions
Additions / Corrections
Comments

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Wood Hammer
move 2: Ice Shard
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Focus Punch / Brick Break
item: Choice Band
ability: Snow Warning
nature: Adamant
evs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Give Abomasnow a Choice Band, and it reaches its maximum offensive potential. This set lures and defeats opposing weather inducers as well as common Abomasnow switch-ins. Wood Hammer OHKOes specially defensive Tyranitar and physically defensive Politoed, while 2HKOing any Hippowdon. and Earthquake OHKOes 252 HP / 0 Def Ninetales with ease, Earthquake also destroys Heatran, and deals 70-83% to specially defensive Jirachi. This set is a great addition to hail teams as they often fail to get past these two (I understand you kept the ''two'' here since Heatran and Jirachi are big threats to hail. However, I changed the structure of the previous sentences since the prose was a tad messy and repetitive; to reflect this change, I removed the ''two''. The meaning of the sentence is not drastically altered either now, as all of the threats you mentioned that are KOed by Abomasnow are threats to hail) threats if they use Kyurem as their main artillery piece attacker. As all these Pokemon have little to fear from other Abomasnow sets, it will be easy for Abomasnow to frequently achieve its goals lure in and take them out. Abomasnow can also work as an excellent revenge killer with Ice Shard, as STAB Ice-type priority is excellent in a metagame filled with offensive Dragon-types such as Dragonite and Salamence. Abomasnow It gets enough coverage with Wood Hammer, Ice Shard, and Earthquake; as such, the last move slot is not regularly used. Focus Punch, however, is still usable in certain situations; it can KO Air Balloon Heatran hoping to switch into an Earthquake and eliminates Tyranitar without having to take recoil from Wood Hammer. In addition, It also OHKOes Blissey, and even Chansey falls after Stealth Rock and hail damage. Focus Punch nails standard Ferrothorn for 81-95% damage, deals 62-73% to Choice Band Scizor and takes 37-43% out of physically defensive Skarmory, fractionally less from physically defensive Forretress, and 41-48% out of 252 HP / 252+ Def Bronzong. (Remove this sentence, and shift the damage calcs to AC, where you can represent them as raw calculations instead of having them in a sentence, which makes it difficult and confusing for the reader)Because decent prediction skills are needed to use Focus Punch effectively, Brick Break is a viable alternative even though the loss in power is considerable. </p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Abomasnow's attack is maximized so it can hit as hard as possible, and 84 Speed EVs allows it to outspeed minimum Speed Politoed and Tyranitar. The remaining 172 EVs are placed into HP for providing extra bulk and to help offsetting Wood Hammer's recoil. An optional EV spread of 118 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe can be used to outspeed minimum Speed Heatran. There are a few other moves Abomasnow can use in the last slot other than Focus Punch and Brick Break. Ice Punch is more powerful than Ice Shard, but Abomasnow's low Speed Stat means that Ice Shard should be preferred over Ice Punch is usually the better choice. Avalanche has a -4 priority, but gives Abomasnow a 120 Base Power move if attacked by the foe; then again, Abomasnow should not take hits if it can avoid them. Seed Bomb is weaker than Wood Hammer, but it lacks has no recoil damage, and can still 2HKO Blissey and Hippowdon after Stealth Rock. Hidden Power Fire is an interesting option to hit Pokemon weak to Fire such as can be used to deal heavy damage to physically defensive Steel-types such as Forretress, which that can take all of Abomasnow's physical moves. Use a Lonely nature and transfer 4 EVs from HP into Speed if Abomasnow decides to go mixed. Hidden Power will be weak without Special Attack investment though, and it is a bad move to be locked into. Finally, Rock Slide is a niche option to destroy incoming Volcarona.</p>

<p>Steel-types are at the top on Abomasnow’s counters list. Scizor is particularly dangerous as it can switch in on Wood Hammer or Ice Shard and threaten to KO with Bullet Punch or U-turn. Forretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong also have an easy time against Abomasnow as they are not 2HKOed by any of Abomasnow's itsmoves. Therefore, Magnezone is an excellent teammate because it can trap and KO these Pokemon with Hidden Power Fire. Faster Pokemon with Fire and Fighting attacking moves can KO Abomasnow with ease if they can safely switch in or if they come in after a KO; Infernape, Terrakion, and Meinshao are just some of the full stops to Abomasnow. Slowbro and Reuniclus make good teammates as they can take on these Fighting-types. Gyarados is also an excellent choice to tank Fire and Fighting-type moves directed at Abomasnow, but it brings another Rock weakness. Residual damage is also a major problem for Abomasnow as it will receive recoil from Wood Hammer and has a weakness to Stealth Rock. Furthermore, it is prone vulnerable to Spikes and Toxic Spikes and it does not have Leftovers to restore its HP. Abomasnow thus appreciates Rapid Spin and Wish support. Tentacruel can spin entry hazards away, has an excellent defensive synergy with Abomasnow, and is a great check to Scizor. It can also lay Toxic Spikes to help weaken the opponent's offensive Pokemon to the point where Abomasnow can take them out with Ice Shard. Vaporeon is a great Wish passer due to its high HP and bulk, and Abomasnow is able to switch in on Vaporeon'sthe Grass- and Electric-typeattacks that Vaporeon is weak to weaknesses to receive the Wish. Lastly, Heatran can take most of the special attacks aimed at Abomasnow and lay down Stealth Rock to rack up more residual damage on the opponent's Pokemon.</p>

GP 1 / 2

placeholder

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Give Abomasnow a Choice Band,(remove comma) and it reaches its maximum offensive potential. This set lures in and defeats opposing weather inducers as well as and common Abomasnow switch-ins. Wood Hammer OHKOes specially defensive Tyranitar and physically defensive Politoed while 2HKOing any Hippowdon. Earthquake OHKOes 252 HP / 0 Def Ninetales with ease, destroys Heatran, and deals 69.8% - 82.7% to specially defensive Jirachi. This set is a great addition to hail teams,(comam) as they often fail to get past these threats if they use Kyurem as their main attacker. As all these Pokemon have little to fear from other Abomasnow sets, it will be easy for Abomasnow to Abomasnow can frequently lure them in and take them out. Abomasnow can also work as an excellent revenge killer with Ice Shard, as STAB Ice-type priority is excellent in a metagame filled with offensive Dragon-types such as Dragonite and Salamence. It Abomasnow gets enough coverage with Wood Hammer, Ice Shard, and Earthquake; as such, the last move slot is not regularly used it doesn't regularly use its fourth move. Focus Punch, however, is still usable in certain situations; it can KO KOes Air Balloon Heatran hoping to switch into an Earthquake and eliminates Tyranitar without having forcing Abomasnow to take recoil from Wood Hammer. It also OHKOes Blissey, and even Chansey falls after Stealth Rock and hail damage. Because decent prediction skills are needed to use Focus Punch effectively, Brick Break is a viable alternative even though the loss in power is considerable.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Abomasnow's Attack is maximized so that it can hit as hard as possible, and 84 Speed EVs allows allow it to outspeed minimum Speed Politoed and Tyranitar. The remaining 172 EVs are placed into HP for providing to provide extra bulk and offsetting offset Wood Hammer's recoil. An optional alternative EV spread of 118 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe can be used allows Abomasnow to outspeed minimum Speed Heatran. There are a few other moves Abomasnow can use in the last slot other than Focus Punch and Brick Break, but before considering them,(comma) be aware of the benefits of Focus Punch:(colon)</p>

<ul class="damage_calculation">
<li>Focus Punch vs. 252/88+ Ferrothorn 80.7% - 95.5%</li>
<li>Focus Punch vs. 248/0 Scizor 61.8% - 72.9%</li>
<li>Focus Punch vs. 252/252+ Skarmory 36.2% - 42.8%</li>
<li>Focus Punch vs. 252/252+ Forretress 33.9% - 40.1%</li>
<li>Focus Punch vs. 252/252+ Bronzong 40.8% - 48.2%</li>
</ul>

<p>Ice Punch is more powerful than Ice Shard, but Abomasnow's low Speed stat means that Ice Shard is usually the better choice. Avalanche has a -4 priority, but it gives Abomasnow a 120 Base Power move if attacked by the foe; then again, Abomasnow should not take hits if it can avoid them. Seed Bomb is weaker than Wood Hammer, but it lacks recoil damage,(remove comma) and can still 2HKO Blissey and Hippowdon after Stealth Rock. Hidden Power Fire can be used to deal heavy damage to physically defensive Steel-types such as Forretress, which can take all of Abomasnow's physical moves. Use a Lonely nature and transfer 4 EVs from HP into Speed if Abomasnow decides to go mixed. However, Hidden Power Fire will be weak without Special Attack investment though, and it is a bad move to be locked into. Finally, Rock Slide is a niche option to destroy incoming Volcarona.</p>

<p>Steel-types are at the top on of Abomasnow's (straight apostrophe) counters list list of counters. Scizor is particularly dangerous,(comma) as it can switch in on Wood Hammer or Ice Shard and threaten to KO with Bullet Punch or U-turn. Forretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong also have an easy time against Abomasnow as they are not 2HKOed by any of its moves. Therefore, Magnezone is an excellent teammate because it can trap and KO these Pokemon with Hidden Power Fire. Faster Pokemon with Fire-(hyphen) and Fighting-type moves can KO Abomasnow with ease if they can safely switch in; Infernape, Terrakion, and Meinshao Mienshao are just some of the full stops to Abomasnow. Slowbro and Reuniclus make good teammates as they can take on these Fighting-types. Gyarados is also an excellent choice to tank Fire-(hyphen) and Fighting-type moves directed at Abomasnow, but it brings another Rock-type weakness. Residual damage is also a major problem for Abomasnow,(comma) as it will receive recoil from Wood Hammer and has a weakness to Stealth Rock. Furthermore, it is vulnerable to Spikes and Toxic Spikes and does not have Leftovers to restore its HP. Abomasnow thus appreciates Rapid Spin and Wish support. Tentacruel can spin entry hazards away, has excellent defensive synergy with Abomasnow, and is a great check to Scizor. It can also lay Toxic Spikes to help weaken the opponent's offensive Pokemon to the point where Abomasnow can take them out with Ice Shard. Vaporeon is a great Wish passer due to its high HP and bulk, and Abomasnow is able to switch in on the Grass- and Electric-type attacks that Vaporeon is weak to in order to receive the Wish. Lastly, Heatran can take most of the special attacks aimed at Abomasnow and lay down Stealth Rock to rack up more residual damage on the opponent's Pokemon.</p>

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>Give Abomasnow a Choice Band and it reaches its maximum offensive potential. This set lures in and defeats opposing weather inducers and common Abomasnow switch-ins. Wood Hammer OHKOes specially defensive Tyranitar and physically defensive Politoed while 2HKOing any Hippowdon. Earthquake OHKOes 252 HP / 0 Def Ninetales with ease, destroys Heatran, and deals 69.8% - 82.7% to specially defensive Jirachi. This set is a great addition to hail teams, as they often fail to get past these threats if they use Kyurem as their main attacker. As all these Pokemon have little to fear from other Abomasnow sets, Abomasnow can frequently lure them in and take them out. Abomasnow can also work as an excellent revenge killer with Ice Shard, as STAB Ice-type priority is excellent in a metagame filled with offensive Dragon-types such as Dragonite and Salamence. Abomasnow gets enough coverage with Wood Hammer, Ice Shard, and Earthquake; as such, it doesn't regularly use its fourth move. Focus Punch, however, is still usable in certain situations; it KOes Air Balloon Heatran hoping to switch into an Earthquake and eliminates Tyranitar without forcing Abomasnow to take recoil from Wood Hammer. It also OHKOes Blissey, and even Chansey falls after Stealth Rock and hail damage. Because decent prediction skills are needed to use Focus Punch effectively, Brick Break is a viable alternative even though the loss in power is considerable.</p>

[ADDITIONAL COMMENTS]

<p>Abomasnow's Attack is maximized so that it can hit as hard as possible, and 84 Speed EVs allow it to outspeed minimum Speed Politoed and Tyranitar. The remaining 172 EVs are placed into HP to provide extra bulk and offset Wood Hammer's recoil. An alternative EV spread of 118 HP / 252 Atk / 140 Spe allows Abomasnow to outspeed minimum Speed Heatran. There are a few other moves Abomasnow can use in the last slot, but before considering them, be aware of the benefits of Focus Punch:</p>

<ul class="damage_calculation">
<li>Focus Punch vs. 252/88+ Ferrothorn 80.7% - 95.5%</li>
<li>Focus Punch vs. 248/0 Scizor 61.8% - 72.9%</li>
<li>Focus Punch vs. 252/252+ Skarmory 36.2% - 42.8%</li>
<li>Focus Punch vs. 252/252+ Forretress 33.9% - 40.1%</li>
<li>Focus Punch vs. 252/252+ Bronzong 40.8% - 48.2%</li>
</ul>

<p>Ice Punch is more powerful than Ice Shard, but Abomasnow's low Speed stat means that Ice Shard is usually the better choice. Avalanche has -4 priority, but it gives Abomasnow a 120 Base Power move if attacked by the foe; then again, Abomasnow should not take hits if it can avoid them. Seed Bomb is weaker than Wood Hammer, but it lacks recoil damage and can still 2HKO Blissey and Hippowdon after Stealth Rock. Hidden Power Fire can be used to deal heavy damage to physically defensive Steel-types such as Forretress, which can take all of Abomasnow's physical moves. Use a Lonely nature and transfer 4 EVs from HP into Speed if Abomasnow decides to go mixed. However, Hidden Power Fire will be weak without Special Attack investment, and it is a bad move to be locked into. Finally, Rock Slide is a niche option to destroy incoming Volcarona.</p>

<p>Steel-types are at the top of Abomasnow's list of counters. Scizor is particularly dangerous, as it can switch in on Wood Hammer or Ice Shard and threaten to KO with Bullet Punch or U-turn. Forretress, Skarmory, and Bronzong also have an easy time against Abomasnow as they are not 2HKOed by any of its moves. Therefore, Magnezone is an excellent teammate because it can trap and KO these Pokemon with Hidden Power Fire. Faster Pokemon with Fire- and Fighting-type moves can KO Abomasnow with ease if they can safely switch in; Infernape, Terrakion, and Mienshao are just some of the full stops to Abomasnow. Slowbro and Reuniclus make good teammates as they can take on these Fighting-types. Gyarados is also an excellent choice to tank Fire- and Fighting-type moves directed at Abomasnow, but it brings another Rock-type weakness. Residual damage is also a major problem for Abomasnow, as it will receive recoil from Wood Hammer and has a weakness to Stealth Rock. Furthermore, it is vulnerable to Spikes and Toxic Spikes and does not have Leftovers to restore its HP. Abomasnow thus appreciates Rapid Spin and Wish support. Tentacruel can spin entry hazards away, has excellent defensive synergy with Abomasnow, and is a great check to Scizor. It can also lay Toxic Spikes to help weaken the opponent's offensive Pokemon to the point where Abomasnow can take them out with Ice Shard. Vaporeon is a great Wish passer due to its high HP and bulk, and Abomasnow is able to switch in on the Grass- and Electric-type attacks that Vaporeon is weak to in order to receive the Wish. Lastly, Heatran can take most of the special attacks aimed at Abomasnow and lay down Stealth Rock to rack up more residual damage on the opponent's Pokemon.</p>

GP APPROVED 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)