name: Abomasnow (Physical Attacker)
move 1: Ice Shard
move 2: Wood Hammer/ Seed Bomb
move 3: Protect
move 4: Leech Seed / Earthquake
ability: Snow Warning
evs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
<p>The EVs and moves</p>
Why this set deserves to be on site:
- The main selling point it has over the mixed attacker is the added bulk, which allows it to switch into moves much easier.
- And unlike SubSeed this one actually packs a punch, can revenge kill DD dragons with Ice Shard and Wood Hammer/ Seed Bomb also hits a good amount of pokemon relatively hard.
- Leech Seed + Protect (+ Hail damage) is still annoying and provide some recovery.
- Hail is underrated weather and needs more love.
- 188 HP EVs give maximum Leech Seed + Leftovers recovery.
- 68 EVs in SDef makes it easier to take special hits, but they can be added to Spe as well to outspeed the likes of Jellicent etc.
- Maxing out HP is also a viable option since that also gives a Leftovers number.
- Max attack to make Ice Shard as strong as possible, Wood Hammer/ Seed Bomb also become pretty strong.
- Wood Hammer is stronger but Seed Bomb doesn't give recoil.
- Leech Seed + Protect give Abomasnow a way to heal itself. Protect can also be used to scout and stall for 1 turn of Hail damage.
- Earthquake is an option too to hit Heatran, Ninetales, Chandelure and Jirachi etc hard. It can be used over either Leech Seed or Protect. This will make Abomasnow able to hit all other weather-starters.
- Life Orb or Expert Belt can be used too but comes at the cost of survivability, same can be said if one opts to run max speed and less bulk.
Teammates and Counters
- Jirachi and Scizor can take every hit Abomasnow has to offer and hit back hard in return with their Steel and Bug STABs. CB Scizor has to be careful not to switch into Leech Seed though as 2 turn of Leech + Hail damage will deal a good amount.
- This Abomasnow set can't do much against Ferrothorn and Skarmory, who can just set up their hazards or deal a big chunk of damage with their Steel or Flying STAB.
- The likes of Ninetales, Chandelure and Heatran beats Abomasnow without Earthquake.
- Tentacruel makes a good teammate, it can take Fire, Bug, Steel and Fighting moves that trouble Abomasnow, it also provides Rapid Spin support and can lay Toxic Spikes which makes Leech Seed + Protect even move annoying.
- Heatran works too, it can lay down SR, take Fire-type moves and provide an answer for Scizor and Jirachi, Skarmory and Ferrothorn.
- Gliscor is also a good option, it can take on the strong Fighting-type pokemon, and can somewhat take Rock moves. Gliscor also handles Physical Jirachi and most Scizor sets pretty good, and with Taunt it also shuts down Skarmory and Ferrothorn.
- A Scald burn can be quite unfortunate so a cleric might be a good idea too.