Abomasnow used Blizzard! Palkia avoided it! Kyogre avoided it! oh ffffuuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.

...damn I'm short. Chalkey, TTS, matamato, me. woo.

Top 4 Match Live!

Hey guys - Serendipity (Cybertron on IRC) aka little azn dud here. Warstory time! So as many of you may know, me and my Juniors brother both made Top 4 today (so close to a family sweep again, ah well.) I'm not even going to bother writing an introduction, because this is ACTUALLY a warstory with DETAILED play by plays rather than long intros short battles ;)

Yadiyadiyadi we wake up at 6:30, pick up dtrain, and drive another 40 minutes (would have been less if it weren't for our stupid GPS) before seeing the Juniors line. Crap, that looks pretty long. Soon enough, my brother's registered and he starts playing. Apparently, he 3-0's or 2-0's all his opponents except for his last battle against sandman's sister. Ohhhh crap. He had a shot, but misplays when he Ice Shards + Mach Punchs the wrong Pokemon. Had he done it the other way, he might have had a chance. It was crazy though, he paralyzes with Thunder so ______ is not able to move and a certain move misses. He then Thunders the Pokemon that's resistant to Thunder. NOOOO there went his chances of Top 2. Ah well, Top 4's pretty sweet, we've got 600 dollars, a new DSi, and an invite to Nationals now. Oh boy, my turn to play now. We get in line, register, and start play!

NOTE: If you see your team here and do not want it to be posted, please contact me and I will take it down. Thank you.

ZHENG'D (OT :D) Team (you should be able to see ASAP what kind of team this is. *winks*)

Round 1: Brad from NJ (I win 1-0)
Team: Quagsire, Kyogre, Scizor, and Palkia

All my opponents were really awesome/nice today, and Brad is no different. We shake hands and begin play. He leads off with Quagsire and Kyogre. Hm, typical rain team? This match is kind of distant in my memory but whatever. It was actually one of the closest matches. Smeargle lives longer than it should, which stalls out Trick Room for a while. I take down Quagsire, Scizor (which Super Powers my Dialga at some point), and Palkia with no problem but in the end, Trick Room is over and it's his Kyogre against my own and Abomasnow. I thought it was game now, since both were in KO Range for Thunder. Thankfully, he uses Ice Beam on Abomasnow (which kills it) and I am able to Thunder him for the win. Great game man, you gave me a run for my money.

Round 2: Patrick from NY (I win 3-0)
Team: Kyogre, T-tar, Metagross, Latios

Shake hands, good lucks, we begin to play. Looks like a simple team to beat. Go for the Fake Out on T-tar because you never know what they might do, Spout + Sandstorm kills Smer. while doing <50% to Dialga. I get up my Trick Room. Next turn, bring in my Kyogre and start Spouting there. It gets easy from there - he tries to stall out by using Protect here and there but Spout destroys his team. It's Latios in the end against my three, and all of them have super effective moves against them. Blizzard + Dragon Pulse for the game. Good game Patrick, hope to see you again next year.

Round 3: Eric (I win 4-0)
Team: Porygon-Z, Raichu, Dragonite, Shedinja

(haha, before, I get paired with RukarioAuraMaster. We talk, and realize that we're both from Smogon and that we've battled on IRC before. Crap. FRIEND RULE! They're nice enough to let us battle someone else, but he's stuck with dtrain while I wait for my opponent. He's an awesome kid though, it was epic meeting you!)

Same business, shake hands, good lucks, start battle. Finally, a non Uber team. I Fake Out Porygon and Trick Room. He Focus Blasts with Raichu but misses. (To be honest, I could care less because once my lead dies I just come and sweep.) He stays in with both, I get a Dark Void on Porygon but not Raichu. His Focus Blast misses again. From there on, it's just Dark Void spam + Dragon Pulse. I switch out Aboma to take care of Shedinja. Good game bud, sorry about your attacks missing.

*phew* One more game until Finalist, and I'm getting my confidence back after a disappointing Round 1 finish. I get paired with a fellow New Yorker for Round 4.

Round 4: Hans (I win 3-0)
Team: (I don't think I'm going to disclose this because he seems like a solid player + might be going to LCQ.)

Trick Room sweeps. Granted, two of his Pokemon were Trick Room Counter but they go down in one turn with my trusty Kyogre. Yay Water Spout :) He calls a hack check (lolwutIhave3shinies!) but of course I go free. Woooooo finalist.

*lala intermission hey look so many people from smogon are here with me yaaay*

Oh boy, time to pull the dreaded energy cards. We have 45 people (3 got DQed, we hit the maximum cap!) Meaning 19 people get byes. My TCG luck fails me and I'm stuck with the dreaded Grass. FFUUUU. (refer to mattj's warstory picture ;D) Damn it, my win was useless and I have to play again. Here we go...

Round 5: Rakesh (I win 3-0)
Team: Zapdos, Kyogre, Palkia, Lapras

Hm, interesting leads. I Fake Out Kyogre, Zapdos uses Air Cutter (lulzwhat!) and crits my Smer. (and yet it still has 50 percent with NO HP EV's. Hmm, I don't think this guy EV trains.) Okay, next turn, he double protects to stall out Trick Room. Only delaying the inevitable my friend. Dark Void + Dragon Pulse next turn does a hefty amount of damage. I think he Water Spouts for the KO on Smer., doing nothing to Dialga, and Zapdos Air Cutter's again...? Go go go Kyogre. Water Spout kills both. (after he Double Protects again) Hehe. Now come out Palkia + Lapras. Last turn of Trick Room. Thunder Lapras, it lives and he Thunders me, Dragon Pulse Palkia. His Spacial Rend MISSES, sorry bro. Kill them off both next turn. Good game.

*one more till Nationals ahdfjkajkalfdas

Round 6: Jeudy (I think? I win 3-0)
Team: Hitmontop, Mewtwo, Dialga, Abomasnow

I get nervous after seeing Hitmontop. I Follow Me and he F.O + Aura Sphere for the KO on Smer. while I set up Trick Room. Kyogre Spouts both for the KO next turn. (After he Mach Punches Dialga for about 1/2) Dialga and Aboma come out. I Flamethrower + Blizzard I think, he Draco Meteors Aboma leaving a bit left after Sitrus.) Next turn, it's game. Good game Jeudy.

NATIONALS SON! NOW FOR MAI MONEYYYY.

Round 7:
Crap it's TDS. (I Win 3-0)
Not discussing his team.

I get lucky with Dark Void (it doesn't miss and he has like 3 turn sleeps). Sorry to knock you out man.

Round 8: Ben S.
Team: Zerowing Alt. lol

We play on the big screen, hurrah! I don't want to disclose his team either, because he's pretty good + might play VGC at nats. (and amazing at TCG, I've seen him at TCG tournaments before too.)

ffff I'm the only non duck (and youngest out of the 4) here. First Top 4, woot. Chalkie joins, then TTS, then matamato.

Round 9: woo
Team:
go watch the video scrub

The video number for my last match is: 48-94546-53688

It's a pretty haxxy battle between the two of us. I get Trick Room set up, and Dialga + Smer. go down easily. Ogre + Aboma start Double Blizzarding, I crit his Aboma and Palkia has like 20 HP left. His Kyogre comes out. THIS is where I screw up Top 4. Instead of wood hamering (which OHKO scarfogres) I FREAKING THUNDER AND ICE SHARD THE PALKIA and his Thunder crits me. Alright I think, I can still do it. Abomasnow, use Blizzard! The foe Palkia avoided the attack. Cra- the foe Kyogre avoided the attack oh FREAKKK. this guy is awesome though, he hugs me hehe and apologizes for the double miss. I should have realized it was a scarfogre and Ice Sharded Palkia. Ah well, live and learn. I bettah see you at Nats. man. SCREW DA MONAYY.

So, award ceremony interview blarghhhh.

YEAH FOR ME AND MY BROTHER BEING THE TWO YOUNGEST FINALISTS IN OUR DIVISIONS :D (and obviously the youngest in our Top 4's)

YEAH FOR OMEGADONUT FOR PROVIDING ME 1/2 MY TEAM!

See y'all at Indy.

Oh god I saw that ending with the double miss and a part of me died inside D: Hey you did AWESOME though and totally deserved to get into the top four :D

Wow, once I saw the title, I immediately figured out who this was without even looking at the user who posted it lmaooooo.

Lol, dude your an even more epic kid making it to top 4. I wish you a ton of luck at nats man =]. Nice warstory btw too. If you and your little bro had swept, that would have been epic. Anyway, good luck at nats man =].

Oh, and it was mad awesome meeting you too man =].

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Congratulations on making top 4 as it looks like you used the same party from our wifi match few months ago. Wish we could've met but I couldn't stay much longer after we were done.

Thanks PocketCat and Rukario, you guys rock.

Yeah EE, I pretty much used the same team. I didn't see you at all yesterday :( Thanks for the congrats!

Awesome job. Good thing I decided to avoid you Round 3, as well. Thankfully, I got that far. I've been seeing a lot of matches go down to hax or just one stupid move (still can't get over it, myself, haha), but hell you did a really amazing job getting as far as you did.

Good luck at Nats!

andrea

/me cresselias
Ohmygosh I'm so excited you did so well! =D If only you'd posted pictures beforehand, lol- everyone woulda known who you were lol. Hopefully we'll be able to meet up in Indy! Congrats on an awesome performance. ^_^

Aw man wildfire, that stinks. Hope you get a chance to play next year!
Thanks CCM, it was awesome meeting you. And yeah, there are so many games where 1 move makes all the difference. Thanks for the good luck, hope to see you next year man :)
And haha godudette thanks! By not posting my picture I took everyone by surprise, hehe. And yeah, I look forward to meeting you in Indy, thanks :)

congrats on top 4 bro, you did great. during your last match rukario and i were going crazy after that double miss. good luck at nats and make us proud lol

I just read the title of the thread...seriously, how do two huge Pokemon like those avoid a blizzard? Blizzards are pretty hard to avoid, lol.

Congratulations on making the top 4! Was fun meeting you! Sorry that your Blizzard missed twice, and that you made a mistake! I hate when you realize all the mistakes you make right after! It killed me a bit inside when I realized all the mistakes I made my last game.

Yeah, I know. Looking over the battle, there were a lot of different things i could have done differently such as Protecting with Dialga and letting it survive. It was awesome meeting you too man :)

I think all of us could look at our battles and just realize easily what we could have done better. I'm always curious as to why we didn't pick the right things in the first place.

Then again, imagine all the good players performing flawlessly. That'd be interesting.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I overpredicted in my Top 4 match + got a bit cocky towards the end which is why I lost.

And thanks TTS :)

Oh, did you see me there by any chance? I thought I saw you looking at me at one point in R1 (short asian kid) but maybe that was someone else.

Double blizzard miss really sucks, only 9% chance

Yeah I think I saw you, too bad we didn't get to talk. That + a Thunder crit (and useless Water Spout crit in the beginning) is kind of disappointing, but it's my fault for not realizing my mistakes. Ah well. Will you go to LCQ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)