1. Post all suggestions for Pokemon Showdown in this thread. Do NOT post them in the Suggestion Box!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

"About" page update

Discussion in 'The Suggestion Box' started by Knight of Cydonia, Apr 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight of Cydonia

Knight of Cydonia dance commander
    is a Tiering Contributor

Ok, I'm unsure as to where to post this, but here goes.
    The "About" page, is very outdated - it says there are over 30000 members - there are currently 117,807 members. Also in the tournaments section, there is no slash for BW. Anyway this might be a good opportunity for an experienced member to re-write the "About" section if they deemed it nessecary. It seems ok to me but judging by the number of members at the time it was written, it must be very old and there is probably stuff that could be added/changed.
  2. Pwnemon

Pwnemon judges silently
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
    Doubles Co-Lead

good call, this does appear to need updating. For example, this says the last tournament had 256 members - an impressive number, but the 512 we had in 2011 strikes me as moreso.
  3. Desolate

Desolate

It was last updated July 26, 2010, so yes, you're right, it does need a bit of an update. Thanks for the catch!
  4. Knight of Cydonia

Knight of Cydonia dance commander
    is a Tiering Contributor

Yes, the fact that there are at least 512 members who can play all five generations of pokemon competitively is quite impressive. New members like me viewing the about page would learn the quality of the players on site from reading that single sentence.
  5. tennisace

tennisace Proximity to power deludes some into thinking they wield it.
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
    Twitter Head

I'm personally doing this, thank you for notifying us!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)