1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Acolytes Protection Agency (Peaked #5)

Discussion in 'BW OU Teams' started by stairwaytohell, Feb 26, 2013.

1. stairwaytohell

stairwaytohell

[​IMG]

Hey Smogon, Welcome to my second RMT! As i said in my previous thread, i'm from Italy, so sorry for my bad english. Anyways, i built this team only for a "challenge": to peak >2000 points on showdown ladder with a team with 3 psychic-typed pokemons. After testing it a bit on my test-reserved alt, i started laddering with the alt eelektross14 ( yeah, i was very inspired for the alt's name, lulz) and finally peaked #3 (link: http://i.imgur.com/GPJdmgo.jpg ). Now let's show the team!

At A Glance:
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG]

Example of a battle with this team

[​IMG]
    Faarooq (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Stream
    EVs: 100 HP / 252 Atk / 156 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Ice Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

Well, i wanted to build a sand bulky- offense team, so the choice for the last slot was between tyranitar and hippowdon. I chose tyranitar just because it was way better than the fat hippopotamus on supporting the rest of the team ( particularly stoutland ). It's the standard cb set, except for the ice punch > crunch. Why Ice punch? Because i didn't need to have a move for hitting jellicent / deoxys d / other random pokes as i needed to have a second bait for landoruses and gliscors, ohkoing them in predict. Standard Landorus T isn't ohkoed, but it's just weakened enough to be a deadewight on opponent's team. The rest of the set is pretty standard: superpower for kions, heatrans and ferrothorns, the most powerful stone edge in the game ( 2hkoing skarmory after sr damage is just too cool) and pursuit for annoying stuff like lati@s, celebis, weakened jellicent and so on.

[​IMG]
    GreenPeace (Celebi) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - U-turn
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

scarfcelebi..what? Well, i saw some on the ladder before building this team, and i thought that it wasn't so bad after all, having chances to revengekill lots of annoying pokes and a useful u-turn fast user. Somebody suggested me to give celebi a bulky set and give the scarf to jirachi. Well, that was just.. making the team more standard and ruining my strategy. Anyways, this set still wall whatever celebi needs to wall and revengekills stuff like scarflandorus-t, cbkion, +1nite, +1gyara, adamant-scarfchomp and...whatever a 100 base-speeded mon with a scarf can outspeed. The set is simple: leaf storm cause enrgy ball and giga drain just sucked on a scarf set, u-turn for scouting, earth power for heatrans and weaken scizors and hp ice beacuse of nites, salamences and stuff like that.

[​IMG]
    CHOMPER (Garchomp) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 164 Spd / 154 Atk / 190 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Substitute
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Tail

This is my favourite garchomp's set. Just too badass. Garchomp is in my opinion the best sr setter for a bulky offense team. I used terrakion on this slot before, but it was pretty outclassable: i didn't need his good speed and the sd + cc + se set, this was making the team more offensive but it was a bit weak to scizors and lucarios. Garchomp was the answer of all my problems: it has enough speed to outspeed lucario and enough bulkyness to survive a +2 extremespeed / bpunch, SDscizor can be phazed by dragon tail in critical situations ( i have another answer for that pokemon anyway) and the CBset wasn't a problem. Dragon tail is useful for stuff like skarmory and bronzong too - just predict a bit - and eq beacuse of lucarios, heatrans or just to spam damages. As a bonus, this thing as rough skin, useful against scizor / lucario ( again ) and for crunches / ironheads. Rocky Helmet was a cool choice but i really needed leftovers for the standing power. 190 evs on hp is enough to get 404 hp, having 101 hp-subs, so blissey and sableye cannot break the sub with seismic toss / night shade. The investment on speed with a jolly nature because of lucario and other stuff, the remaining on atk cause of MOAR POWER [cit.]

[​IMG]
    Latino heat (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
    Trait: Levitate
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Recover

Latios is, in my 3 psychic-type core, the standard one. Celebi + latios allow me to counter stuff like sheerforcelandorus, keldeo, breloom, rotom, and politoed. Draco meteor for the power, surf for hitting heatrans, scizors and jirachies, psyshock for terrakion, keldeo, breloom etc and recover give latios more chances to stay alive longer. Latias seemed more useful here but i need the power of latios: this thing can 2hko ttar with surf + draco meteor after the sr damage. It weakens way better ferrothorn and scizor: havin ttar, ferrothorn and scizor with low hp or dead was a blessing for stoutland.

[​IMG]
    gg. (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Lonely Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Thunder

Jirachi is one of the mons which have a excellet movepool but people use only the standard 1 or 2 sets. Here's some pokemons that this set can baitkill: landorus t, gliscor, scizor, ferrothorn, garchomp. Having all those mons dead helps my dog a lot for his sweep. Seriously, is gorgeous seeing how people send their landoruses or gliscors on jirachi happily and make them die the next turn, or killing scizor which comes in after a kill for a safe ( lulz) u-turn. Ferrothorn is 2hkoed in sandstorm, but i usually need a single hit cause of the amount of damage that ferrothorn has on switch-in on cbtar or latios. Expert belt can be a good choice, ohkoing landoruses and gliscor 100% of the time, but i need leftovers just as garchomp does, and those pokemon are usually weakened enough for the ohko by switching in on garchomp and getting the dtail + sr damages ( and rough skin damage sometimes). The rest of the set is the usual broken stuff. This rachi has enough speed he needs to have, lonely nature + those evs in atk for the clean ohko on standard scizor after sr damages and the rest in satk.

[​IMG]
    Bradshaw (Stoutland) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Rush
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Return
    - Wild Charge
    - Superpower
    - Fire Fang

Aww yeah the dog of the doom. Every single piece of the team support his sweep, baitkilling his common counters or just make them unable to do anything that can hurt me. Somebody suggested me to put Gothitelle > Latios for trapping ferrothorn, scizor and brelooms too, but the 2 steel pokemon aren't a problem anyway and breloom....well... this team don't give him any opportunity of setup and sweep and has 2 of his enemies, called celebi and latios, so it isn't annoying to face. Anyway, dog's set is standard: return is the powerful stab, wild charge for skarmory and jellicent and superpower for coverage. Fire fang is the filler, giving me another chance if ferrothorn is still alive. ​

Conclusion:​

Well, i actually didn't expected that this team could peka the top 5 on the ladder,so i posted it just for sharing my work and receive some cool suggestions that can improve my team. The main shoutout goes to my friend LBP2 for the help he gives me every day and for being a great friend.
    Rate, hate, steal etc and leave a luvdisc if you liked the rmt :pimp:

Importable:
    Show Hide

Faarooq (Tyranitar) (M) @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature
    - Stone Edge
    - Ice Punch
    - Superpower
    - Pursuit

GreenPeace (Celebi) @ Choice Scarf
    Trait: Natural Cure
    Timid Nature
    - Leaf Storm
    - U-turn
    - Earth Power
    - Hidden Power [Ice]

CHOMPER (Garchomp) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Rough Skin
    EVs: 164 Spd / 154 Atk / 190 HP
    Jolly Nature
    - Stealth Rock
    - Substitute
    - Earthquake
    - Dragon Tail

Latino heat (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
    Timid Nature
    - Draco Meteor
    - Surf
    - Psyshock
    - Recover

gg. (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Serene Grace
    EVs: 152 Atk / 104 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Lonely Nature
    - Iron Head
    - Fire Punch
    - Hidden Power [Ice]
    - Thunder

Bradshaw (Stoutland) (M) @ Choice Band
    Trait: Sand Rush
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Adamant Nature
    - Return
    - Wild Charge
    - Superpower
    - Fire Fang
  2. Livio

Livio

Hey dude, the team is really cool and seems not have big threats, but the underrated sets, especially for someone of your pokemon could be counter productive for the strategy of your team. Furthermore, the common special Speed Boosters, such as Thundurus-T agility or RPLandorus could give you problem in the case in which your Latios is under 86% of HP (Sand+ Stealth Rock) and they have boosted, for example on your Celebi locked.

252SpAtk Life Orb Thundurus Therian (+SAtk) Hidden Power (Ice) vs 0HP/0SpDef Levitate Latios (Neutral): 73% - 86% (220 - 260 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

252SpAtk Life Orb Sheer Force Landorus (+SAtk) Hidden Power (Ice) vs 0HP/0SpDef Levitate Latios (Neutral): 61% - 72% (184 - 218 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

So my avdice are:

• In my opinion you have to replace Latias instead of Latios, in this way you have a water absorb damage pretty better than the first, since your Celebi, being Choiced, can t recover the damage and an eventual burn by the random Scald, also latias give you the possibility to have a switch in on the above threats, and counter them; To not limit the offensive of your team, i suggest you to try a pretty offensive set, with an Evs spread of 72HP/184Satk/252Spd Timid Nature, while the moveset culd be the same that you choiced for your Latios, same item too, life orb is a good idea. The Evs spread allows you to enter on the main stab of Keldeo under the rain, i mean Hydro Pump, that could be a problem since your other water resistor is choiced, before for example, was a clean 2hoko on Latios that could not switch in on it. Latias is even a good way to win the 1vs1 against an eventual Clorophilly Venusaur, since you have not a good switch in, she can alive to a + Sludge Bomb and kill it with Psyshock.

• Well, i think that the team doesn t need other change about the pokemon, because i don t want to ruin his originality and his sinergy, by the way i have some advice about your set, especially for Garchomp.
      I think is the one of the best "lead" of this Mg, but your set limits his Offensive that characterizes his ability to do this work, in a so fast mg you have not the time, once you setted, to Sub and shuffle the opponent, and is a bit useless since you are running an offensife team not based on the use of entry hazard (Except the Stealth Rock obviously), so my idea is to change his Evs spread in one of 252Atk/4Def/252Spd, Naive Nature, in this way the max offensive possible, i suggest you to replace Dragod Claw in place of Dragon Tail (Outrage could give the possibility to switch of an opponent steel) Fire Blast in place of Substitute, the reason is simple, you mustnt give the possibility to your opponent to setup Entry hazard in your field, and since the most common are Steel (Forretress, Ferrothorn and Skarmory above all) it allows you to extend the coverage of eventual setters. Last thing about it, you have to change his item, Leftovers on a "lead" are pretty useless, i suggest you to try Haban Berry/ Yache Berry, in this way some Dragon or Ice move, may not HOKO it, other choice could be Focus Sash, but the eventual SR, make it useless if you want to have not a "disposable" pokemon.

• About your Tyranitar, i think that Ice Punch is pretty useless, because the pokemon that hit, are often faster than him, and they are never a switch in, except if your opponent is crazy, you can only hit a random Landorus-T, but you have to hope that is not faster than Tar. So my suggestion is to give him his main stab, Crunch, instead of Ice Punch. Crunch give you many kills more, and it s a clean HOKO of some pokemon that don t switch out, a common example is Jellicent.

Hope i Helped you, see yaa :)

Tl;dr

Show Hide

[​IMG]
    Latias (F) @ Life Orb
    EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psyshock
    - Roost
    - Surf

[​IMG]

Garchomp (F) @ Haban Berry
    Trait: Sand Veil
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Earthquake
    - Fire Blast
    - Dragon Claw
    - Stealth Rock

[​IMG]

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Band
    Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower
    - Crunch
    - Pursuit

3. stairwaytohell

stairwaytohell

Hi bro =)
    Well, crunch on tyranitar is good, the new garchomp's set is too but...changing latios for latias means less damage on bulky steels, this don't help stoutland as latios' power does. I will try your suggestions anyway, thanks!
  4. Eranu

Eranu

Hey,

cool team.
    I do believe you could use Crunch more than Ice Punch on your Tyranitar. Ice Punch doesn't seem that useful as the likes of Landorus / Gliscor and even some Landorus-T get 2HKO'd by Stone Edge anyway, sometimes even OHKOing normal Landorus. Your Jirachi also serves as a good lure to bait Gliscor / Landorus-T in and OHKOing them with Hidden Power [Ice]. Therefore, I feel like having another way past Jellicent will be more useful to your team. Nothing but Celebi can really switch into Jellicent, while sp def Jellicent's can even wall your Celebi by recovering off Leaf Storm damage. With Crunch you have a way of OHKOing Jellicent as long as you don't get burned. Also, you're running an awkward speed number on your Tyranitar. I don't get what it outspeed by running that. A good number of speed EVs to run is 112. This way you can outspeed fast Jellicent avoiding the WoW burn by outspeeding and OHKOing them. This'll give you a little more bulk as well, allowing you to tank Draco Meteors more easily.

Next up, you might want to run Hidden Power [Fire] > Surf on Latios. Your team has a big difficulty getting past Skarmory, which is essential for Stoutland to sweep. Your only way past it now is Thunder on your Jirachi. Surf's benefit over Hidden Power for your team only is hitting Heatran for super effective damage, but with both Tyranitar and Garchomp you don't need that as much as a 50% chance to ohko Skarmory after Stealth Rocks (Hidden Power [Fire]). It also helps in dealing with Forretress and Ferrothorn, which can be annoying to your team by laying down hazards. Be careful though, if you run Hidden Power [Fire] you have 1 speed IV less than HP [Fire]-less Lati@s so don't mistake those situations for a speed tie. Lastly, you could choose to run Thunderbolt > Thunder, as Thunder is really unreliable in sand due to its accuracy. Thunder is a OHKO on Skarmory though, so just see what you think you need more. I feel like making more / bigger changes aren't necessary as you've shown the team does well peaking #5 and it would make it more standard which is something you apparently don't like. Hope I helped. Good luck.
  5. Mr. Green

Mr. Green

Hey,

Your team is weak to hazards, expecially to spikes and toxic spikes because ferrothorn have some easy time to setup them, against cbtar locked into something, garchomp, latios, or cbstout. To solve these problems, I would try to add some fire moves to the team, for example Hidden Power Fire on Latios over surf, which helps especially against Ferrothorn, and then against Scizor (avoid dying by Pursuit), Forretress and Skarmory.

Another thing I would change is the moveset of Garchomp, I would use: Focus Sash, Naive nature, 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd Outrage - Earthquake - Stealth Rock - Fire Blast, Fire Blast also hit Ferrothorn, Forretress and Skarmory mainly to prevent them to setup spikes which are very harmful for the team. Honestly substitute doesnt make much sense for me, and i dont think the phazing ability is necessary for such an offensive team. Now that the fire moves are enough, including Fire Punch to Jirachi, I would say that you could put crunch over fire fang on stoutland, to help a bit against jellicent.

On Jirachi you might try Thunderbolt> Thunder, since you're under sandstorm and Thunder has 100% accuracy only with the rain, while I would give Tyranitar Crunch> Ice Punch, Stone Edge already hurts in landorus and Gliscor, which are the only two that serve Ice Punch, so I'd put Crunch.. Crunch Tyranitar help against Celebi for example, in this way rather than having to change Pokemon because you can not kill him, you kill him with Crunch.

Good luck!
  6. Alexander.

Alexander.
    is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Hey,

This is a good team so good job for have built it. First of all, I suggest you to follow all Eranu's suggestions because they are very good: Hidden Power Fire on Latios helps you to avoid entry hazards by Ferrothorn and Skarmory and it helps you against Scizor too, Crunch is simple better than Ice Punch because it doesn't seem very useful for your team since Landorus and Gliscor get 2HKO'd by Stone Edge anyway, and Stone Edge usually KO Landorus-I, as Eranu already said, you don't need 156 EVs on Speed on Tyranitar too, 104 EVs on Speed are enough to outspeed Skarmory and some fast version of Jellicent which can Will-O-Wisp you before get Pursuit'd/Crunch'd, this change gives you more bulk too which is useful to tank better Lati Twins' Draco Meteor, as Eranu already said again and Thunderbolt usually is a better move than Thunder if you are using a Sand team because Thunder has 70% accuracy, which isn't very good.

Then, you should try this EV spread on Stoutland 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd with a Jolly Nature, let you to outspeed Choice Scarf Terrakion, Choice Scarf Keldeo, which even if aren't troublesome for your team can revenge-kill without any problem your current Stoutland, and Choice Scarf Latios, Dragonite after two Dragon Dances and Adamant Mamoswine when sandstorm isn't up for some reason as well. As last thing, I support Uomo Solo and Mr. Green's suggestion to use a more offensive set on Garchomp; a standard EV spread of 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe with a moveset of Outrage, Stealth Rock, Earthquake and Fire Blast, with Naive nature and with Focus Sash should work fine on your team. However, you can try Dragon Rush instead of Outrage if you don't like to be locked in the early turns of your matches and if you want to 2HKO Rotom-W and OHKO Max HP Latias anyway.

Good luck!
  7. Shurtugal

Shurtugal The Enterpriser.
    is a Pre-Contributor

Hey ipod rate but should be solid enough to suffice:

Give Jirachi Shuca Berry so you can further trap and kill aforementioned threats as well as trying out Thunderbolt for more consistency.

Bulky offense wants LO Latias over Latios. Half your team kills bulky steels and Latias literally does all the jobs you mentioned Latios doing 100% better. Use 72 Hp / 184 SpA / 252 Spe @ Timid

On Celebi; I'd just u-turn to Chomp and never lock myself into EP for obvious reasons. Use Trick over Earth Power on Celebi to help vs RP Land and DubDance ThundyT.

TTar wants Fire Punch over Ice Pubch cuz fuck Banded U-turns get the surprise KO imo. Use Crunch over Pursuit and use Pursuit over Wild Charge on Dog anyway; Gyara rly isn't a threat.

Sub seems underwhelming compared to Fire Fang / FB and replace DTail for Claw since DTail doesn't do much ;~;.
  8. stairwaytohell

stairwaytohell

ok, I'll definitely use crunch on ttar and latias > latios, and tryall the suggestions. Thanks you all

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)