1. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Actually, isn't discussion of ubers taboo?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Policy' started by X-Act, Jan 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

• Status in Ubers The Uber tier is now well-defined and it is highly unlikely that anything more will end being moved down from, or moved up to, said tier. As a result, discussion on whether a given Pokémon is "uber" or not is pointless and therefore not allowed at this time.
    Quoted directly from the Stark Mountain Pokemon Taboo topic.

Does this still hold? I've seen quite a number of topics debating Pokemon to be moved down from the uber tier to OU in that board, some of which have several posts in them, and nothing has been done about them. I'm at a loss about what to do with them, since even mods posted in them without closing or deleting them.
  2. Aeolus

Aeolus Bag
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

I would think they are okay at this time since people actually have experience playing. I believe that was written pre-shoddy... so it wouldn't have made sense for people to discuss it then. Things are different now.
  3. X-Act

X-Act np: Biffy Clyro - Shock Shock
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

Okay, I'll edit that part out then.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)