Adaptability (Playable on Aqua!)

Approved by Eevee General.
Adaptability

The Background
A mutation of the Pokérus has spread, causing all pokemon to lose one of their types! But strangely, this is affecting shiny pokemon differently from others. Once the pokemon have contracted the virus, they are discovering some unexpected changes in their power as well, STAB moves appear to be stronger while they seem to be resistant to the type they once were...

The Rules
There are three main changes being implemented in this metagame:
  1. All Pokemon will have a single type: their primary type if they are non-Shiny, and their secondary typing if they are Shiny.
  2. All Pokemon have the inherent ability Adaptability, meaning that STAB is now 2x, in addition to their original ability.
  3. All Pokemon will resist the type they lost.
Technicalities
  • OU Clauses and Banlist are being used; further bans and unbans will be made as necessary (possibility the -ate abilities, Huge Power, Pure Power)
  • If a Pokemon originally only has a single type, it does not change. However it still obtains the Adaptability boost.
  • Pokemon which already have the ability "Adaptability" will still have 2x STAB (think of it as Illuminate).
  • Mega-evolution will work in the same way: having their primary type if they are not shiny, and their secondary typing if they are not shiny, regardless of the type of their non-mega form.
  • If the Pokemon is immune to the type they lost, they will still remain immune to it.
  • If the Pokemon is already resistant to the type they lost, they will now have a 0.25x resistance.
Examples
  • Non-shiny Charizard will be Fire type, Fire-type moves will now do 2x damage, and Charizard will resist Flying type moves.
  • Shiny Charizard will be Flying type, Flying-type moves will now do 2x damage, and Charizard will resist Fire type moves.
  • Non-shiny Mega-Charizard-X will be Fire type (as this is the primary type of the mega-form), Fire-type moves will now do 2x damage, and it will resist Dragon type moves.
  • Shiny Mega-Charizard-X will be Dragon type (as this is the secondary type of the mega-form), Dragon type moves will now do 2x damage, and it will double-resist Fire type moves (as Dragon types already have a resistance to Fire type moves).
  • Shiny Landorus-T will be Flying type, Flying-type moves will now do 2x damage, but it still retains the immunity to Ground type moves.
  • Non-Shiny Mega-Beedrill will be Bug type, Bug-type moves will still do 2x damage (as its ability is now useless), and it will resist Poison type moves.
  • Non-Shiny Abomasnow will be Grass type, Grass type moves will do 2x damage and it will resist Ice moves.
The consequences
Offensive strategies will dominate in this metagame, with most sweepers attempting to make the most of their single STAB to deal as much damage as quickly as possible. Steel types will dominate defensively, with the loss of dual-typing however many pokemon will take advantage of the type they lost to boost defences (Shiny Stunfisk and non-Shiny Mega-Loppuny now have no weaknesses!). Pokemon can run a variety of different roles depending on whether they have their primary or secondary type.

Points for Discussion:
  • Which Pokemon get buffed and which get nerfed? Is there anything that stands out as broken? Should anything be unbanned?
  • Which Pokemon can effectively run either of their types, and how would they operate?
  • How is team-building effected? Are some playstyles more viable than others? How do you create an effective defensive core without dual-typing? Likewise for offensive cores with a single STAB?
config/formats.js
Code:
    {
        name: "Adaptability",
        desc: ["&bullet; <a href=\"https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/3543795/\">Adaptability</a>"],
        section: "Other Metagames",

ruleset: ['OU'],
        mod: "adaptability", //required for mega-evolutions
        onModifyMove: function (move) {
            move.stab = 2;
        },
        onSwitchIn: function (pokemon) {
            if (pokemon.typesData[1]) {
                var typeData = (pokemon.set.shiny) ? pokemon.typesData[1] : pokemon.typesData[0];
                pokemon.newResist = (pokemon.set.shiny) ? pokemon.typesData[0].type : pokemon.typesData[1].type;
                pokemon.typesData = [typeData];
                this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typechange', typeData.type);
            }
        },
        onEffectiveness: function (typeMod, target, type, move) {
            if (move && move.effectType === 'Move' && target.newResist && move.type === target.newResist) {
                if (typeMod < 0) return typeMod - 1;
                return -1;
            }
        }
    },
mods/adaptability/statuses.js
Code:
exports.BattleScripts = {
    //Allow mega-evolutions to have typechanges
    runMegaEvo: function (pokemon) {
        var template = this.getTemplate(pokemon.canMegaEvo);
        var side = pokemon.side;

// Pokémon affected by Sky Drop cannot mega evolve. Enforce it here for now.
        var foeActive = side.foe.active;
        for (var i = 0; i < foeActive.length; i++) {
            if (foeActive[i].volatiles['skydrop'] && foeActive[i].volatiles['skydrop'].source === pokemon) {
                return false;
            }
        }

pokemon.formeChange(template);
        pokemon.baseTemplate = template; // mega evolution is permanent
        pokemon.details = template.species + (pokemon.level === 100 ? '' : ', L' + pokemon.level) + (pokemon.gender === '' ? '' : ', ' + pokemon.gender) + (pokemon.set.shiny ? ', shiny' : '');
        this.add('detailschange', pokemon, pokemon.details);
        this.add('-mega', pokemon, template.baseSpecies, template.requiredItem);
        pokemon.setAbility(template.abilities['0']);
        pokemon.baseAbility = pokemon.ability;

if (pokemon.typesData[1]) {
            var typeData = (pokemon.set.shiny) ? pokemon.typesData[1] : pokemon.typesData[0];
            pokemon.newResist = (pokemon.set.shiny) ? pokemon.typesData[0].type : pokemon.typesData[1].type;
            pokemon.typesData = [typeData];
            this.add('-start', pokemon, 'typechange', typeData.type);
        }

// Limit one mega evolution
        for (var i = 0; i < side.pokemon.length; i++) {
            side.pokemon[i].canMegaEvo = false;
        }
        return true;
    }
};

Last edited:
Shedinja gets a big buff here. It loses the annoying bug typing, meaning that the only way to kill it is status, hazards or ghost/dark type attacks(Or alternatively fire, flying and rock). Seems like a very interesting meta.

Serperior, Mamoswine, Bisharp and Terrakion will be really strong in this meta.

List of Adaptability pokemon:
Basculin- Not OU viable
Beedrill-Mega- can become normally affected by SR and still clear TS.
Corphish- not OU viable
Crawdaunt- Will most likely be firing off Knock Offs, rip *2 Aqua Jets though.
Dragalge- Mono-Dragon is probably the way to go, however it will not be able to clear TS.
Eevee- not OU viable (sorry Eevee General)
Feebas- lol
Lucario-Mega- banned though now other will all have adaptability too, and it can only have mono-fighting (bad defensive typing) or mono-steel (bad offensive typing). Actually, it might be more managable. If it goes mono-fighting, then no STAB Bullet Punch. If it goes mono-steel, then no STAB Close Combat.
Porygon-Z- it can run download and possibly get an SpA boost.
Skrelp- not OU viable

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
The Rotom forms are very interesting in this metagame - they don't have any weakness outside of Mold Breaker Ground-type moves, and they get an addition resist to some of the best offensive typing (Fire, Ice, and Water) depending on the form used. For example

Rotom-Frost @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Serious Nature
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt / Substitute / Blizzard

Fridge now resists BoltBeam and has no weakness outside of the aforementioned Mold Breaker Ground moves. Since it no longer gets STAB on Blizzard, Thunderbolt or Sub become the primary options to use. Still, Blizzard is an option. The rest of the moves are standard Rotom - Wisp, Switch, and Split. If you're running Wash or Heat, then Hydro Pump and Overheat are better over Thunderbolt. Rotom-Mow can use Leaf Storm, and as for Rotom-Fan - unless you really need the wisp, just use Zapdos. What is cool about Rotom-Fan and Zapdos is that they resist Electric now if they remain Flying-type, which is a huge boost to their viability.

Another option for the Rotoms is to be shiny - Rotom-Wash becomes a Water-type with a resistance to Electric and an immunity to Ground, while Rotom-Heat is the same deal except its a Fire-type instead. The other Rotoms aren't as good for this though - Rotom-Fan, as mentioned before, seems mostly outclassed by Zapdos, and Rotom-Cut doesn't gain much from the exchange (it already resists Ground, and now it 4x resists Electric. Woo?). Rotom-Fridge does benefit, but then you realize its a slow, bulky Ice-type that has to rely on Blizzard or HP Ice for STAB. No thanks.

EDIT: Actually, Zapdos doesn't have Air Slash, so Rotom-Fan is like the only Electric / Flying that can go Flying with Electric resists and actually use its Flying STAB outside of HP Flying. Not so outclassed now, although it does still lack reliable recovery.

EDIT2: I just thought of something. Since Stealth Rocks are based on type chart, would that mean if, lets say, Bug Armaldo would take resisted rocks damage, right?

Last edited:
Lucario-Mega- banned though now other will all have adaptability too, and it can only have mono-fighting (bad defensive typing) or mono-steel (bad offensive typing). Actually, it might be more managable. If it goes mono-fighting, then no STAB Bullet Punch. If it goes mono-steel, then no STAB Close Combat.
I was considering the possibility of unbanning it, seeing as its ability is useless and it only gets one STAB now, but thought it would be better to see what people think. I don't think it it broken in this meta, but the still could be useful as Shiny Mega-Lucario (Steel) would be one of the only Steel pokemon to resist Fighting moves. The other being Cobalion which has much better defensive stats (91/129/72) than Mega-Lucario anyway.

One of the things I would like to highlight is how good steel types are in this metagame.
Cobalion and Lucario resist Fighting type moves, Heatran resists Fire moves (technically still immune if it runs Flash Fire) and Excadrill and Steelix resist Ground moves, giving them all effectively just 2 weaknesses and a massive 11 resistances + an immunity. In a metagame where every pokemon just has one STAB, this is great for building defensive cores.

I just thought of something. Since Stealth Rocks are based on type chart, would that mean if, lets say, Bug Armaldo would take resisted rocks damage, right?
I would say yes to this, but it depends on how it is coded. In principle, Bug Armaldo is just a Bug type pokemon with an additional resistance to rock moves. Whether that would affect how stealth rocks works, I'm not sure.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
I was considering the possibility of unbanning it, seeing as its ability is useless and it only gets one STAB now, but thought it would be better to see what people think. I don't think it it broken in this meta, but the still could be useful as Shiny Mega-Lucario (Steel) would be one of the only Steel pokemon to resist Fighting moves. The other being Cobalion which has much better defensive stats (91/129/72) than Mega-Lucario anyway.

One of the things I would like to highlight is how good steel types are in this metagame.
Cobalion and Lucario resist Fighting type moves, Heatran resists Fire moves (technically still immune if it runs Flash Fire) and Excadrill and Steelix resist Ground moves, giving them all effectively just 2 weaknesses and a massive 11 resistances + an immunity. In a metagame where every pokemon just has one STAB, this is great for building defensive cores.

I would say yes to this, but it depends on how it is coded. In principle, Bug Armaldo is just a Bug type pokemon with an additional resistance to rock moves. Whether that would affect how stealth rocks works, I'm not sure.
Ya Mega Lucario dosen't really stand out in this meta anymore, and only limits it to one STAB. This meta worsens it's capabilities and would actually help the meta due to -ate spam.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
kyurem-B: press outrage/iron head and win...seriously though, losing ice, gaining a ice resist, and adapt boosted outrage is gunna dent EVERYTHING not named fairy type. and will clearly make kyurem B broken...i mean look at this...
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 157-185 (44.6 - 52.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery. nice resist.

plus boltbeamthrower resistance is pretty cool. it basically loses what made it bad in the first place...and gives it MORE power.

I wouldn't call anything broken until it's tested. We got things like Sheer Force Feraligatr that get boosted by Adaptability and Life Orb, and it can Dragon Dance.

Also Talonflame, who is no longer 4x Stealth Rock weak and gets 240 BP priority. Remember Linked? Yeah. This is similar.

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor
What happens if a pokemon already resists the type it removes? Is the resistance changed to 4x or is it still 2x?

leng loi

Twinkaton!
is a Tiering Contributor
Thanks. Sorry didn't see that in OP. My bad.

One thing that I think could be really incredible is Slurpuff. It switches in on the ever-so-common (I'd assume) Dragon types like Kyub, sets up on the switch, and proceeds to sweep with +6 Adaptability Play Roughs backed by +2 speed.

Last edited:

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Stating some threats that may or may not be quite obvious here.

Honestly, many things with no secondary typing, or those that don't rely on an attack off of their secondary typing, become incredibly powerful.

Azumarill hits ridiculously hard. It went from strong to over the top. AV sets are still quite tanky and now hit much harder, discouraging setup, while the Banded set absolutely destroys typical walls. Belly Drum is now almost a guaranteed win against teams without proper checks.
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power + Adaptability Azumarill Play Rough vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 358-422 (104.9 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252+ Atk Huge Power + Adaptability Azumarill Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Breloom: 254-299 (97.3 - 114.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mega Garde's stallbreaking abilities are boosted to the extreme, being able to OHKO no bulk mew and consequently pretty much anything offensive. Calm Mind boosting is now absolutely deadly. Psyshock no longer being stab hurts, but not nearly as much as Hyper Voice hurts its opponents.
252+ SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mew: 334-394 (97.9 - 115.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Gyarados' regular form just got really good, finally being able to hit as hard as it wants to at +1, and as a result, a moxie set does wonders. It now can muscle through bulky mons like tankchomp without coverage, making it much more threatening. No longer being weak to stealth rock and having a mono-water typing does little besides taking away an immunity and a couple of resistances.

Kyurem-Black is utterly scary - Its formerly abysmal ice typing that it couldn't use is now taken away, giving it a much better mono-dragon typing that garners several resistances and a neutrality to stealth rock. Adaptability Outrage is powerful - VERY powerful, and that alone makes it a major threat. Banded sets OHKO or 2HKO pretty much anything.
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 526-620 (154.2 - 181.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 209-246 (59.3 - 69.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Yeah, you aren't walling this without a fairy. But it has Iron Head. Sorry Adrian.

The Lati@s' are really good. While losing Psyshock as a secondary stab, Adaptability Draco Meteor is absolutely incredible, and gaining mono-dragon typing grants it a ton of benefits, including no longer being pursuit weak. Both of them fill their roles extremely well.

+6 252+ SpA Adaptability Manaphy Scald vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 326-384 (50.7 - 59.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
uhhhhhhhhhhhh

You thought regular fast mega scizor was fun? Now, it resists almost all priority, resists brave bird from talonflame, checks a large portion of the metagame by default, and adaptability + Technician Bullet Punch is freakishly powerful at +2. This will be one of the metagame's premier mega evolutions, and for good reason: Its bulky, extremely powerful, has a great typing, reliable recovery, and setup. I could see a set similar to that of AAA Skarmory, running SD / BP / Roost / Defog or Koff. Defog could honestly fit on the set with how powerful it's bullet punch is; base 120 power priority is very scary.

Talonflame just lost its Fire typing, 4x weakness to SR, kept fire coverage (that's all it used it for anyways), and gained significantly more power on its stab.
252+ Atk Choice Band Adaptability Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 164+ Def Garchomp: 252-298 (60 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Tyranitar can choose to eliminate its rock typing, leaving it at a nice mono-dark that no longer is weak to a large portion of the tier while still having its massive movepool. The typing can allow it to check a lot of threats it normally can't due to weaknesses. Adaptability Pursuit is a really cool option as well.

You thought Mega Medicham and Gallade were threatening already? Look at them now. Losing their useless psychic typing is their greatest blessing - Their Fighting stabs now hit absolutely unbelievably hard. Gallade's good speed tier and ability to boost makes it a very powerful wallbreaker, while Medicham's hard hitting abilities allow it to be an incredibly powerful hit-and-run mon.

Victini and Volcarona, the VL fire types, as I call them, both get big buffs in this tier. Victini losing its psychic typing is defensively a mixed bag, but V-create is now utterly ridiculous and basically unwallable outside of heatran. Volcarona finally loses its 4x weakness to SR, making it easier to run, and its mono-fire typing is much better in general.

Mega Charizard Y, in the vein of fire types, also loses its 4x weakness to SR and its nearly useless flying type. Instead, it gains the ability to 2HKO literally everything in the metagame outside of Chansey, which can't switch in if it has significant chip damage. Offense really can no longer check it efficiently.
252+ SpA Adaptability Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 212 HP / 0 SpD Latias in Sun: 183-216 (51.6 - 61%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Darmanitan and Entei don't lose anything in this metagame, but gain adaptability on their fire stabs - Sacred Fire and Flare Blitz are now deadly propositions. Heatran will be on almost every team with these monsters floating around.

Haxorus is basically the ultimate stallbreaker. Adaptability Outrage off of base 147 attack with mold breaker taunt? Honestly, not much walls this if it gets up a boost. Clefable is the ONLY thing I can think of that has a chance of walling this.

How about Mega Alakazam with stab Psyshock? Or just regular Alakazam? This meta is looking like protean palace v2.

Mega Slowbro gets an even better defensive typing in mono-water, and may need to be banned along with many other threats - It is a better crocune with astronomically more bulk that needs to be 2hko'd, not 3hko'd. Despite losing Psyshock, its massive special movepool won't let it down. Its versatile and incredibly dangerous, by far better than crocune, and can check a lot of offensive mons by virtue of its bulk alone.

Mega Manectric could be one of the few mons to keep Mega Bro in check with powerful adaptability electric attacks. It is a great pivot alongside Raikou, both having lost nothing in this meta.

As for -ates, I don't think they need to be banned outright. The only one I could see getting the banhammer somewhat quickly is Pinsir, and MAYBE altaria. Most -ate abusers either need to boost or are only moderately effective anyways, and this metagame won't change that - there are MANY threats more broken than -ates as a whole.

Interesting metagame! I'm not entirely sure how the Rotoms will work in this metagame (if they stay Electric then they have no weaknesses outside of Mold Breaker Ground). Is there even a difference between them if they decide to go Electric? Sure they have different resistances but that's about it. Same typing, same ability, same movepool (apart from previous STAB moves which probably will be outclassed by Electric STAB), they're all the same if you go electric (I think, unless I'm missing something).

Shiny Articuno and Zapdos actually sound pretty boss, as far as walls go. Articuno gets to alleviate its Stealth Rock weakness by shedding its cumbersome Ice typing, leaving it with only two weaknesses (Rock and Electric) compared to four resistances (Ice, Bug, Grass and Fighting) and an immunity (Ground). Zapdos doesn't get quite as much of a buff, but it'll still be much harder to take down.

Interesting metagame! I'm not entirely sure how the Rotoms will work in this metagame (if they stay Electric then they have no weaknesses outside of Mold Breaker Ground). Is there even a difference between them if they decide to go Electric? Sure they have different resistances but that's about it. Same typing, same ability, same movepool (apart from previous STAB moves which probably will be outclassed by Electric STAB), they're all the same if you go electric (I think, unless I'm missing something).
If the Rotom forms decide to stay electric, the only difference would be what type they resist and also what extra move they have (Rotom-Frost still has Blizzard etc). Also normal Rotom will have different stats. So yes, they are all pretty much the same.

I've made a list of all pokemon that lose one of their weaknesses in this metagame. http://pastebin.com/1qRFC7sH
Some interesting Pokemon to note that haven't already been mentioned are:
- Mega-Altaria (Dragon) which now resists Fairy attacks and has a 2x Dragon STAB alongside a 1.3x boosted Fairy type move pool.
- Mega-Venusaur (Grass) which now resists Poison attacks, leaving it with five resistances and weak to Bug and Flying
- Sableye (Ghost) which has just one weakness to Ghost attacks, plus three resistances and two immunities with Magic Bounce.
- Hawlucha (Fighting) resists Flying, is still super fast after unburden with a powerful powerful STAB.
- Klefki (Fairy) just weak to Poison, plus four resistance and an immunity to Dragon. Could be great in this metagame.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Scyther could be a pretty solid mon as well. Both of its typing options (Mono Bug with a Flying Resist or Mono Flying with a 4x Bug Resist) are both promising - one basically being normal Scyther without its normal weaknesses, and the other having some neat defensive properties. I can see both running the same set though - Roost / SD / STAB / Knock Off or some other form of coverage. Hell it can probably just run a straight up defensive set with both types, as Eviolite makes it pretty bulky.

Also Kyurem-Black is broke af

The one Mega I'm hyped for is Glalie. What are walls?
252+ Atk Life Orb Refrigerate Mega Glalie Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 168-198 (42.6 - 50.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
My best estimation of the adaptability boost, when in actuality, it's slightly higher.
Even though it's Explosion, having a chance to 2hko Megabro while resisted is insane!

Archeops could possibly be a bit better here. Going mono Flying gives it a Rock resist, meaning it takes less from rocks when it switches in and won't be crippled so easily. It does lose access to STAB for Head Smash, but still has Acrobatics.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
A ban for Kyurem-Black should be considered imo, as lcass pointed out it is incredibly strong, and loses every flaw it originally had. It doesn't even need the band set if it has ideas of avoiding fairies. SubRoost, or even a Sub HoneClaws set with only Outrage and Iron Head should cover it well enough.

Also, mega glalie? Everyone knows explosion is coming. If anything Megabro would sit there, take it, and slack off while glalie dies.

Kyurem-Black is pretty powerful now, I agree. You can get rid of its Ice-typing, giving you a resistance to Ice and losing that Stealth Rock weakness. Sure, you lose out on STAB for Ice Beam I suppose, but you can run Outrage / Dragon Claw / Iron Head / Fusion Bolt easily. You could replace Dragon Claw with Earth Power if you wanted. I agree that it is pretty powerful now.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
A ban for Kyurem-Black should be considered imo, as lcass pointed out it is incredibly strong, and loses every flaw it originally had. It doesn't even need the band set if it has ideas of avoiding fairies. SubRoost, or even a Sub HoneClaws set with only Outrage and Iron Head should cover it well enough.

Also, mega glalie? Everyone knows explosion is coming. If anything Megabro would sit there, take it, and slack off while glalie dies.
Kyurem-Black is pretty powerful now, I agree. You can get rid of its Ice-typing, giving you a resistance to Ice and losing that Stealth Rock weakness. Sure, you lose out on STAB for Ice Beam I suppose, but you can run Outrage / Dragon Claw / Iron Head / Fusion Bolt easily. You could replace Dragon Claw with Earth Power if you wanted. I agree that it is pretty powerful now.
another huge downfall of kyurem b, was a lack of a decent physical movepool, which its not actually fixed in any way, its adapt boosted stab easily outpowers ALL physical walls in the tier, and if you dont resist/immune to kyurems outrage, its going to die upon switchin... and for offense, it can easily run a scarf set and ohko every sweeper whom so as glances at it. all while having the bulk to be able to shrug off hits.
252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 124-146 (41.1 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
so this means enless your offensive pokemon 1) resists/immune to dragon, 2) outspeeds with scarf, or 3) has way over 80/150 bulk, your going to get ohkoed.

also something else noteworthy, is its no longer weak to priority(mach punch, and bullet punch no longer S.E, and it even resists ice shard now), making it even HARDER to stop. imo, we shouldn't quickban it, as much as its broken on paper, i mean, this is going to be clearly an offensive meta, and maybe some checks will arise...but idk. it should be suspect #1 clearly.

Oh yeah, I didn't even take into consideration that Kyurem-B is no longer weak to any priority move, and even resists one of them. It's definitely going to be pretty good in this meta.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
So, because I was bored and couldn't get to sleep, I went on damagecalc and ran Adaptability Kyurem against every bulky pokemon in OU. I guess some of these their secondary or primary typings but in some cases that actually becomes worse.

This is assuming a moveset of Substitute/Roost, Hone Claws, Outrage, and Iron Head, alone.

252+ Atk Kyurem-B Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Altaria: 180-214 (50.8 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-B Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Altaria: 272-320 (76.8 - 90.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-B Iron Head vs. 240 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 211-249 (52.6 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 56 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-B: 356-422 (87.9 - 104.1%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 698-822 (108.7 - 128%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 156+ Def Celebi: 412-486 (101.9 - 120.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (common celebi set. 85.4% chance to OHKO if 252 Def EVs)
+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-B Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Clefable: 374-440 (94.9 - 111.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Kyurem-B Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Unaware Clefable: 206-244 (52.2 - 61.9%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Conkeldurr: 392-462 (94.6 - 111.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO (If anyone were to ever run that at all)
+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-B Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Diancie: 380-448 (125 - 147.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 88+ Def Ferrothorn: 177-209 (50.2 - 59.3%) -- 79.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 784-924 (186.6 - 220%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Gliscor: 376-444 (106.2 - 125.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 250-295 (64.9 - 76.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Heatran: 182-215 (47.2 - 55.8%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(Remember, it's neutral to flash cannon and resists fire now)
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hippowdon: 340-400 (80.9 - 95.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Jirachi: 190-224 (47 - 55.4%) -- 17.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 274-324 (71.7 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (assuming Cube's not beind a sub, so it gets the intimidate in)
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 410-484 (107.3 - 126.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO (cube behind sub, so ignores attack drop)
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Metagross: 142-168 (39 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO (Chances of seeing anyone use this?)
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Metagross: 185-218 (61.2 - 72.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Latias: 668-788 (183.5 - 216.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 172 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 233-275 (71.9 - 84.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 104+ Def Mew: 432-510 (106.9 - 126.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 248 HP / 216+ Def Rotom-W: 374-440 (123.4 - 145.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 248 HP / 0+ Def Mega Scizor: 180-212 (52.4 - 61.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 150-177 (44.9 - 52.9%) -- 28.9% chance to 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Slowbro: 248-292 (62.9 - 74.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 362-426 (91.8 - 108.1%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Kyurem-B Iron Head vs. 252 HP / 220+ Def Sylveon: 340-402 (86.2 - 102%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Tyranitar: 356-420 (88.3 - 104.2%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Tyranitar: 284-336 (70.2 - 83.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Mega Venusaur: 330-390 (90.6 - 107.1%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+1 252+ Atk Adaptability Kyurem-B Outrage vs. 252 HP / 168+ Def Zapdos: 456-538 (118.7 - 140.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)