1. Welcome to Smogon! Check out the Smogon Starters Hangout for everything you need to know about starting out in the community. Don't forget to introduce yourself in the Introduction and Hangout Thread, too!
  2. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Adding DW to Pokemon Showdown!

Discussion in 'Dream World' started by Birkal, Jun 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Birkal

Birkal We have the technology.
    is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus
    CAP Head Mod

Heyya! I've been talking with some of the Pokemon Showdown! sysops within the past few weeks. A few of them have graciously offered to help us implement the Dream World tier onto Pokemon Showdown!. What they need from us is exactly what the metagame entails so that we can set it up properly.

So what exactly is in the Dream World metagame? I'm going to make a list below of what I can think of offhand. However, I need your help to fill in the gaps of my knowledge. Once we get a finalized list together, I'll send it off to bmelts and we'll be good to go on Pokemon Showdown!.

Here's what I have so far. I'll be editing this list as more posts are made in this topic.

How do you guys feel about this list? Did I forget something? I need feedback before we can officially implement this on Pokemon Showdown!. Thanks for your time.
  2. Tobes

Tobes 「Cheezum」「Cripes」
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

It needs to be specified that Pokemon using non-DW abilities still have access to 4th gen-only TMs and tutor, etc.
  3. NixHex

NixHex what is béisbol
    is a member of the Site Staffis a Forum Moderatoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Contributor to Smogonis a Battle Server Moderator

We also need male-only DW event Pokemon to learn egg moves, such as Chloropyll Venusaur with Power Whip and Leaf Storm; Solar Power Charizard with Flare Blitz, Belly Drum, Dragon Dance; etc.
  4. ala

ala
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winner

Looks cool, showdown definitely needs DW so this'll be a solid addition :D
  5. Birkal

is a member of the Site Staffis an Artistis a Super Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Server Admin Alumnus
    CAP Head Mod

Added.

Talked with bmelts about this:

HTML:
    21:09	Birkal	if you need us to make the list manually, we certainly can.
    21:10	bmelts	oh
    21:10	bmelts	egg groups
    21:10	bmelts	right
    21:10	bmelts	Birkal: well, we don't have egg group validation at all yet
    21:10	Birkal	ok bmelts
    21:10	Birkal	so we'll do a manual list for ya =D?
    21:10	bmelts	Birkal: for now, I guess...
    21:11	Birkal	mmmk, cool
    21:11	bmelts	I'd really rather just get egg group illegality implemented :\
    21:11	Birkal	oh, if you'd rather do that that's fine
    21:11	Birkal	it would save us a lot of time, heh
    21:11	Birkal	I guess it isn't an immediate thing; it would be nice to have eventually.
    21:11	bmelts	depends on how long it takes to implement
    That's where that was left off. I'll keep you guys updated on whether or not we're going to actually have to make a big list or not. I have a lead that might save us some time; we'll have to see.
  6. Birkal

CAP Head Mod

Alright, Dream World is completely available on our newest simulator: Pokemon Showdown!. Try hoppin' on the ladder there (we need an inaugural battle ;O!) and continue the DW fun. I'm going to lock this topic since this doesn't really serve a purpose anymore. If you have any questions or concerns, contact one of the Dream World moderators. If you find a bug while on the ladder, report it here.

Big props go to Antar for basically doing this entire thing. Credit also goes to Zarel and bmelts for being so flexible with their creation of PS!.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)