1. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!

ADV Baton Pass Voting

Discussion in 'Blind Voting' started by Philip7086, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krack

Krack
    is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

2. Jumpman16

Jumpman16 np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
    is a Smogon IRC SOPis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus

The sanctity of "competitive pokemon" has already been compromised in later generations, so no matter how strongly I may want to side with a purer game that does not clause BP or anything else that does not have to be claused (like Lati@s in Gen III or Latios in IV), a game that clauses BP is a more competitive game, and that is what our community is supposed to strive for. A player shouldn't have to worry about a gimmick like BP when creating his team for an Advance Tour battle, because BP teams utilized by anyone with even a moderate amount of skill are going to beat "normal teams" by someone of the same skill level considerably more often than not, and there were, are, and will always be no two ways about that in Advance play.

Option 3 is a less convoluted and arbitrary way of clausing Baton Pass than Option 2, but both are better than 1.
  3. Nachos

Nachos Good player alert!
    is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

4. Jackal

Jackal I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

Synre said it better than I could have.
  5. JabbaTheGriffin

JabbaTheGriffin Stormblessed
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnus

6. Hipmonlee

Hipmonlee Have a rice day
    is a Smogon IRC AOp Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Server Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winner

Have a nice day.
  7. Somebody

Somebody

8. Earthworm

Earthworm
    is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Super Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL + WCoP Winneris the Smogon Tour Season 6 Champion

9. DracoMalfoy

DracoMalfoy need a little time to wake up wake up
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Past SPL Winneris a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

10. Royal Flush

Royal Flush in brazil rain
    is a World Cup of Pokemon defending champion

Banning Ingrain Smeargle sounds the best option for a desirable and healthy metagame, and that's it.
  11. extra

extra

12. Windsong

Windsong .dancin
    is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Baton Pass was honestly rather underwhelming, but I do feel that it does have a rather negative impact on the metagame, as I was running a team that was very well prepared for it, and I do feel that the level of preparation required goes beyond simply "a phazer". Thus, Smeargle Ingrain ban first, to make it so that large amounts of advance preparation aren't needed to beat Baton Pass, then no changes, and we'll just let the metagame conform around Baton Pass a bit in the tours, and finally, limiting the use of the move.
  13. Bluewind

Bluewind My appearance, ability, and awesomeness strike fea
    is a Contributor Alumnus

14. Philip7086

Philip7086 Myuu
    is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Server Admin Alumnusis a Smogon IRC SOp Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Winneris a SPL Winnerdefeated the Smogon Frontier

The results are in, and it was a very close one. If one vote were to be different, the results would change, in fact. Here they are:

This means that the use of Ingrain Smeargle will be banned in the ADV Tours.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)