ADV NU Good Cores

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
I felt like making a thread for this! In this thread, please post and discuss strong cores in the ADV NU Metagame.

I'll start off with a couple.

Sableye+Flareon

A very solid defensive core, covering large amounts of threats, and very difficult to break.

Huntail+Rain Dance Plusle

Rain Dance on Plusle allows it to use fully accurate Thunders, and can Baton Pass to Huntail, letting it sweep without having to set up its own Rain.

SDpass Mawile+Silk Scarf Pidgeot+CB Diglett

SDpass Mawile enjoys being paired with Silk Scarf Pidgeot, since it can abuse Mawile's Ground weakness as an easy opportunity to come in. Diglett comes in easily when Baton Passed into by Mawile, whilst it's able to capture Rock and Steel types that prevent Pidgeot from sweeping.

Roselia+Sableye+Hitmonchan,get hazards up, and keep them up. Use Toxic/HP:Ghost Hitmonchan for maximum effect :),will update with pics later.

Bedschibaer

NAME = FUCK
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Couple of ideas that I used mostly for my nupl matches:

I approached "hyper offense" mostly and this duo basically forms the backbone of that, putting the offensive spiker of the tier and the offensive spinblocker together might not be the most creative teambuilding, but whatever gets the job done. What I like most about those is that they are both able to go for trades with Destiny bond while keeping up offensive pressure with their powerful attacks. Dbond Cacturne is especially useful versus the omnipresent Hitmonchan. Speaking of, it's hilarious to play around a hitmonchan trying to spin here, one wrong move and it gets punished very hard by either of the two. In case the Hitmonchan does nail a prediction though I tend to use a CB bird in conjunction of those two to revenge it and/or hit the switchin.

Pupitar is kind of an odd mon, it often struggles to do stuff unless you get up boosts and manage to stay healthy. But at +2 it pretty much kills off the whole tier I think. Great midgame threat forcing fodders and cracking walls and possibly getting off a sweep. Venomoth is something I underestimated, but this thing can cripple teams right from the get-go, which is ridiculous and pairs really well because it provides the much needed paralysis and sleep support that Pupitar wants. I also played a bit with other threats like Kingler, Vigoroth, etc, they all work fairly well.

Back when the Corsola Cup was a thing I used a sun team because in the meta without nfes weather generally was even more broken than it is now. Lead Flareon is pretty cool for setting sunny day when forcing out Glalies and it throws out powerful fireblasts. I made mine physically bulky so it could survive explosions most of the time. The type synergy between those two should also be pretty self explainatory: Tangela soaks up earthquakes and rockslides and can immediately put offensive pressure onto the opponent.

Disaster Area

formerly Piexplode
Great ones, yet to try most of them. I'll post another that I seem to use pretty frequently

Together they check Hitmonchan very nicely, as well as being solid vs huntail, and ground types.
Chimecho lures Sableye, letting Roselia set up spikes for free. Furthermore, not too difficult to fit heal bell or aromatherapy, since both pokemon can use it. Can work for a wide variety of more offensive or defensive teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)