Gen 3 ADV RMT

Have been using this team to decent success the last few months, looking for tweaks.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 140 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Baton Pass
- Calm Mind
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Recover

HP Grass / Psychic moveslot is always iffy; I really like taking huge chunks on Tyranitar, but Celebi loses some matchups in the process without Psychic. Having multiple viable BP recipients helps, but the choice for me basically comes down to what I want to deal with less; Tyranitar or Gengar/Heracross.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SAtk
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Surf

Standard. Surf instead of Hydro Pump for accuracy when getting passes from Celebi.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 124 HP / 148 Spd / 236 SAtk
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Thunderbolt

Main recipient of Celebi BPs, huge SAtk makes this hard to stop once it gets going. RestTalk seems filler most of the time, but I can't think of anything that would serve it and the team better overall.

Snorlax (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Thick Fat
EVs: 204 HP / 160 Atk / 144 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Shadow Ball
- Double-Edge
- Selfdestruct

Tank/Bomb. Have debated putting a CB on this, since I normally don't let it hang around long anyway before blowing it up.

Skarmory (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Counter
- Roar
- Spikes
- Rest

My favorite Skarm. Counter has saved me from numerous potential late-game Aero comebacks. Rest is a filler slot, swap with Drill Peck occasionally since I rarely have this thing resting due to the pace of my team.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Double-Edge
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Rock Slide

Cleans up end-game.

Suggestions welcome.

I would rather use Roar Cune or Hypnosis Milo. They are imo more useful as a CM recipient than Pert imo. And i do not think that rest goes well without a beller (maybe RestTalk or Protect), but anyway i suppose that milo goes better as a wall due to recover here. Pretty much like Skarm though it is your only Lax stopper in your team...

Spikes will really damage you, especially with Skarm being capable of switching-in in 3-4 pokes. Also, I dont understand the role of Snorlax, but if you use that it should have FB somewhere i suppose. Though maybe a resttalk version would be better to stall for turns; with some defense evs. I'll use maggy to prevent spikes and also stops CM Jirachi with Rest Talk after a CM BP.

In addition I'll go with 300-302 spe in celebi and with zapdos as a lead imo.

Anyway, it is ages since I played Rse for last time, but i had a similar team than yours with some succecss. =)

I'd give Celebi Psychic for sure. Tar is the only thing hp grass is preferable against, and you're gonna pass to Pert anyway. I'd rather be able to take out Gengar and Heracross, especially late game.

That's a nice Swampert in that it is your Tar solution. Too bad it can't do anything to Blissey. Replace Earthquake with HP elec so you can thwart Gyaradoses. Surf will already let you do plenty to Metagross (compared to what it can do to you) unless it explodes. Then you can make it Modest.

For Zapdos, Resttalk is really fitting. I like it on this team.

I'd replace Snorlax with Magneton. The bomb quality is nice, but you're gonna roar out ice beam Cune and CM pass against resttalk Cune. Since you have no ability to combat spikes, the half of your team that doesn't fly is going to get eaten alive by them. Give it HP Grass to complement Zapdos's ice. And between Celebi, Swampert, and Magneton, you'll have a very nice special-defensive web :-)

Counter Skarm is cool, but it's nice to have Drill Peck. If you gotta have Counter I understand, but Swampert is such a sturdy check on late-game Aeros. Being able to have the final say against mostly-dead pokes (Starmie, Claydol, Gengar) who are trying to switch in and stop you is a really good feeling. Not to mention being able to kill Heracross, Medicham, and Celebi. Drill Peck.

Aerodactyl: A vicious Pokemon, indeed.

I made suggestions that may help you better support your chief strategy of pulling off that strategy. Since Skarmory is gonna give you the bulk of your problems, I suggested Maggy. Hope these help you win! Also, I've been itchin' for a good game of ADV. Where do you play?

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
gengar and heracross don't switch in on celebi, tyranitar does. hp grass helps keep him at bay... swampert will get worn down before tyranitar does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)