Gen 3 ADV Suspect Testing Voter Identification

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
I SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO VOTE COZ I MADE IT TO ST7 R5!!! Oh wait that was gen 4.Then i got nothin'.

M Dragon

The north wind
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 17 Championis a defending World Cup of Pokemon Championis a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
Rating decay and very few people in the ladder when i played meant i didnt make it. A week ago more or less i had my Northwind and Next accounts in top 10 though.
I have been playing ADV since 2004, so I have lots of experience about the metagame.

Jumpman16

np: Michael Jackson - "Mon in the Mirror" (DW mix)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
what the above said. made it to the final rounds of smogon tour back when it was old school before. also wrote both the bp guide and the general guide to adv article for the smog so i wager i know more about adv than anyone who just started playing it in order to vote.
underlining the bp guide thing, if i had to vouch for anyone itd be mekkah because of this. as for myself, anyone who has any credible reason to know or believe i ever was or am good at "competitive pokemon" bases such a reason or belief in my advance play, which was . in the later stages of the generation i played most of my matches with various bp teams, bp counter teams, and bp counter teams bp teams.

my regular repetition of the term "competitive pokemon" stems from the impact on the term i felt the presence of BP teams had in advance, for better or worse. from talking at length with people like ipl, mekkah and chaos about bp teams to my own experience with and against them there is virtually nothing i feel i don't know about how they affect advance play.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Also, if you did not get a chance to test on the ladder, but feel like you are knowledgeable enough of the ADV metagame to vote anyways, please post explaining what makes you qualified. Feel free to list any accomplishments you've had in ADV tournaments, etc., and don't be afraid to toot your own horn here.
I think I should vote, because I'm playing ADV competetive since Summer 2006, even though I was not on Smogon back then, but the German Adv community was quite good. I also never stopped playing Adv during the DPP era and was often enough on Netbattle and played quite succesfull on forums, that still played Adv OU like Pokefans or Antiquity. So I'm wether new in adv, nor I'm rusty.
When the test started my Account Sapientia was something like top 20, but due to my final exams I could not play in the last weeks. I did and still do well in ADV OU Tournaments and the SPL.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I picked up ADV shortly before this suspect test started, and the main reason I didn't ladder was because of timezone issues and frequent D/Cs(aka I would all the time be playing the same dudes, so it devolves to "who can counterteam better" rather than an actual test, and my internet connection basically means I would never get up anywhere close to the leaderboard). I have played with and against the suspect of this test, Baton Pass, a lot, and I can safely say that I am experienced enough to vote on it.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
I didn't ladder much during the suspect test, but about a week before IPL's thread was posted I went 40-2 with BP on the ladder / in script tournaments (against normal teams that weren't BP-proofed). I don't think I'm gonna dig up the logs from these games but there are people who watched most of them and can vouch for me.

I don't have much ADV experience overall but I wouldn't mind voting on this, since I'll be playing ADV extensively in Smogon Tour.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Because I was heavily focused with the BW suspect testing, I did not get as much laddering in for Adv. as I wanted. However, I did play a handful of Adv. matches especially after BW concluded; both with and without BP. From my experience, I know where I stand regarding BP and I would be happy to express my position on it if given the chance to vote.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's me; Jackal (not listed on the screenshots LOL)

I didn't have time to ladder in the last two+ weeks due to school shit.

I have been here since 2004, in the heyday of ADV and pretty much have never left since then. I have seen more ADV games than most people on that ladder.

Not only that, but in late feb/early march (when I was off school) I laddered constantly on this very ladder and was top 5 for a few days. My peak rating was 1223 (wish I took a screen). Decay and getting haxed a few times dropped me way down and I didn't have time to get it back up.

that's what's up. let me vote :3

I picked up ADV shortly before this suspect test started, and the main reason I didn't ladder was because of timezone issues and frequent D/Cs(aka I would all the time be playing the same dudes, so it devolves to "who can counterteam better" rather than an actual test, and my internet connection basically means I would never get up anywhere close to the leaderboard). I have played with and against the suspect of this test, Baton Pass, a lot, and I can safely say that I am experienced enough to vote on it.
Pretty much this. The main reasons why I didnt make the cut off, was because of frequent D/Cs, most of my alts were named something like "I love pussy." I have played around 100 or ADV games in the past month and I feel like I have a great understanding of the metagame. I have played with BP teams to the extent, that I have beaten some notable players with it. Also in the past week or two I haven't been as active as I wanted to because of school. I would love the opportunity express my opinion in this Suspect test.

posting demanding gratuitious voting rights

two tiered thing here:

1) Much like many of the people who posted requesting rights before me based on reputation, Advance was the generation I was once rich and famous because of and I think you're likely aware enough of that that there isn't much need for me to explain myself here. I was mostly quit when Smogon was created so I have less tangible success to point at than people like goof and mop and g80, but I think I've posted enough on this subject that you can gauge whether or not you think I'm knowledgeable enough to vote based on what I've written.

2) I did at least give the ladder a shot; I was somewhere in the 1210s three or four days after the period started(would wager my Scooters and Carl and Jackal can confirm this) and then got lucked down and remembered why I don't actually play Pokemon regularly anymore and figured I'd rather try and coerce you into letting me vote than endure the climb back up. I'd intended to get back to it but I had midterms and then was in Vegas(I think the odds management there is pretty much the same skillset as pokemon anyway right) and forgot about the testing until like half an hour before it was over and there just wasn't enough time by then.

I have updated the list of qualified voters in the voting thread up to this point. Since some people seem to be confused, remember that you are still allowed to identify! Just because the vote thread is up doesn't mean you can't. Due to time constraints, I decided to do these at the same time, so I am actively going to update the qualified voters list as people identify in here.

It is hard to accept people who did not make the rating cutoff and weren't around back when ADV was at its prime. All I have to go off of at that point is a user's reputation and their word. So I apologize to those who did not make the cut due to an inactive ladder during their timezone.

I am requesting special permission to vote; while I have never been prominent tournament wise I have been playing ADV since 2005 and peaked #2 on the ladder with 1264 points in around 2 days (under the alt low heaven). I have played a multitude of BP teams and believe that I have enough experience to vote

this is probably too late but w/e

I'm the best at adv just ask #classiest also I shitsmashed user Locopoke when he was on that 40-2 streak or w/e

in

Royal Flush

in brazil rain
is a Past WCoP Champion
Requesting special permission to vote: I played Adv since its very beginning on NetBattle's Blue Heaven beta server (aka Beta Heaven when they implemented), and kept playing until its very end, so yeah, from chaosbreon and BOAH to the Ttar/Pert/Zapdos/Flygon core, I have seen how much the metagame rose and changed within all these years. That said, I believe I have enough time and experience to say I know what I'm talking about for Generation 3, including BP Teams.
I didn't ladder simply because it was pretty much empty most of the time... besides, the experience you get from laddering now isn't even close to show how Adv was in its golden days. Thank you.

I thought the thing ended earlier so I goofed around to like 1100 last week.....can you still let me vote pretty please?

I beat Gouki in a SPL match.

Carl

or Varl
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'd like to vote cause I played advance for a long time and I know stuff and and..

and oh yeah I actually played the ladder. :) I'm #15, user franzen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)