ADV UU Tournament (Round 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On the second turn he froze my missy (HP ice missy, VILs idea as we both agree gligar is too good and and have to resort to killing him this way). I stayed in to defrost and he brings in gligar. He SD's on my switch to my secondary gligar counter, gligar. I ev'd it so with one SD gligar 3hkos. My gligar is CB and thus hp fly 2hkos. I hit for 58% he hits for 40 something. Next turn he wins the 50/50 and chs. I have stantler who can ohko it but they are the same speed. I lose that 50/50 too. I know he doesnt have hp fly which is why I put the 3.5, as pinsir can hold its own against a non hp fly gligar. Pinsir is also the same speed as gligar. My rock slide leaves him just hanging on, while i survive his attack. Then he goes first again >_>. He has no trouble wiping out my last 2 pokemon....gg.

EDIT to the above post, I have never been haxed so bad that it ruined my chances to win. I have several counters for everything and to me if you get ch'd by something and then you lose its either too strong or your team sucks. This team I am using has won many tournies at PR and definitely does not suck. Give gligar a little bit of luck and its game for you.

Jackal said:
Can we please end this nonsense of allowing gligar. I dont want to use blastoise ok.
Yeah, Gligar is a pain in the ass. It's not so good that you can't counter it, but just with having 2 pokes weak to it, I had to change my team to revolving around countering that guy. Now, I have 3 pokes Immune to EQ, one Resistant, One Neutral, and the only one weak is Electrode but he's so fucking cool with HP Ice that he's awesome anyway.

Jackal, any poke can hax you, it doesn't mean they should be banned =/ Gligar keeps RevScyther in check, which is good enough for me.

Also Lunatone needs to make a comeback anyways.

peter_pan said we'd battle today.

Also Gligar's been around in UU for ages, this doesn't make a difference. :[ Use Ice Beam Quagsire or something.

Some how, I manage to scrape another win and make it to the next round. I'm a lucky bastard with my Grumpig clearing his Aggron out for my physical sweeper. 1-0 and gg

lost 1-0 in a very close game

A CH Special fall Psychic for him pretty much gave him the win, but i could have saved it if not for some errors

GG nonetheless

Arkani suprised the hell out of me and had a pretty anti-UU team which took me down, eventually 3-0.

gg.

God now i have to endure the losers bracket.. how lame.

actually I just noticed I used my SF4 team.. lol. So in that case I lost 6-0 because I had a Cloyster in my team.

yeah i won 3-0
didnt notice that cloyster is bl at smogon cause at german pokemonexperte it is uu (which sux anyways)

gg

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
i lost, again i totally forgot about a certain pokemon and couldnt do shit to it. gg

hehe maybe a little more attack for next time ;)

thanks and sorry to all who predicted me to win...

Beat Slickee 1-0 in a game that was made closer than it should've been by a crit on his end. Good game nonetheless. Thanks for playing.

Judging from how the timelines for previous rounds have gone, the next round will probably open in a week or so.

Just wanted to let you (Justin) and my potential opponent know that I'll be gone from May 26th till probably June 3rd. I'm moving cross country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)