Adventure Battle: To Defy the End [Chapter 1] Mowtom + Stary02939

"Mowtom, if I might suggest that Bubble say something like:

'Scary Ranger's gone for now, don't worry. I'm looking for a guy, the Wanderer, who might have come by here recently. Have you seen someone like him? What's down those tunnels, and did you see a human go down any of them?'

Then we wait for a reply. If the Clefairy don't tell Bubble a sufficient amount of information about the tunnels, we implement stage two. The three of us (you, me, Cheeky) go back into the mountain, and we walk at a normal/loud volume and Cheeky uses Brighten. Bubble then says:

'The scary Ranger is coming back! Look, sisters, I can protect you if he comes back; if you tell me what's down each of those tunnels there, I'll use my psychic powers to send him down the most dangerous one and he'll never come back. But you must tell me what's down each of those tunnels, now!'"

"Are you sure that's a good idea, Stary? Going down the most dangerous tunnel alone?"

"I'm a Dark-type, Cheeky. Psychic won't affect me."

*Shudders at the thought of Psychic* "Well, all right, then. But don't they know that, too? Also, what do we do if the threat of you coming back makes them seize up again?"

"They freaked out the moment they saw me; they didn't look at me twice. I strongly doubt they figured out my typing. If the threat of my return terrifies them, we are capitalizing on it this time and conducting a proper interrogation. We are getting answers soon, one way or another."
Re-enter mountain but only walk down the original tunnel for around four minutes, being careful to take the same size strides as before - hang tight

"Enhanced interrogation constitutes torture and I'll have no part of it. If it comes to that, that is."
Follow Stary - Hang tight

Both:
IF Clefairy do not give details about the tunnels when Bubble asks THEN approach Clefairy den in a conspicuous fashion

Mowtom

I'm truly still meta, enjoy this acronym!
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
"As you wish."
Follow Stary and Cheeky~Stay next to Cheeky
*yawn* "Scary Ranger's gone for now, don't worry. I'm looking for a guy, the Wanderer, who might have come by here recently. Have you seen someone like him? What's down those tunnels, and did you see a human go down any of them?"
Talk to Clefairy~Wait around

(also Bubble should still be doing the following)

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Cave Area 1: Entrance

[Bubble continues holding Flash to function as an oversized light bulb! -1 EN]

Having seen that the Clefairy were getting slightly more comfortable in the room, you decide it is time to ask for information.

<<Scary Ranger's gone for now, don't worry. I'm looking for a guy, the Wanderer, who might have come by here recently. Have you seen someone like him? What's down those tunnels, and did you see a human go down any of them?>>

Bubble began asking questions to get the information the team needed. Being calmed by the much cuter appearance and attitude of the Reuniclus, the Clefairy sisters began talking.

<<Alright I trust her, let's begin sharing.>>
<<Sure! So behind us is a path where some dude walked by, he seemed pretty livid about something, almost as if he had lost something. There was also something else down there, but it scared us and we suppressed all memories of whatever that 'thing' was.>>

While they are speaking they both gesture towards a path that is behind them. Having been informed of what you wanted, the Clefairy now feel a lot better and are more comfortable around Bubble.

As this happens, Stary, Cheeky, and Mowtom are all just wandering in the opening tunnel awaiting to see if things went well inside, but they heard the Clefairy open up and are now pleased with the result. The only thing left to do now is to get past so that you may continue with your adventure, as I am pretty sure being stopped up here was not your plan. How do you continue?

[Clefairy 1 ~ Defense Curl and Minimize wore off]
[Clefairy 2 ~ Defense Curl and Minimize wore off]

[Tunnel between Entrance and Outside ~ Mowtom, Cheeky, and Stary]
[Cave Area 1: Entrance ~ Bubble]
Mowtom

Mowtom @ Rusty Dagger
Types: Normal/Fighting
HP: 90
EN: 100
Stats: 5/2/0/2/55
Abilities: Scrappy, Technician, Mold Breaker

Bubble @ Life Orb
Types: Psychic
HP: 110
EN: 87
Stats: 3/3/6/3/26
Abilities: Overcoat, Magic Guard, Regenerator

Stary02939

Stary @ First Aid Kit
Types: Ghost/Dark
Stats: 2/3/0/3/55
Abilities: Intimidate, Levitate, Forewarn

Infernape @ Rare Candy
Types: Fire/Fighting
HP: 100
Stats: 5/2/5/3/125
Abilities: Blaze, Iron Fist

Field:
Dark Cave (Hindered movement and -2 Acc to all if no light source is available. This is reduced to -1 for ghost- and dark-types, and does not affect ground-types or Cave Dwellers.)
Seismic activity is not recommended
No Grass Source/No Water Source
Rock Source available
Clefairy Den: -1EN to all moves used by Clefairy

Mowtom | Stary02939

"So, Mowtom, do you want to just go down that tunnel? Or should we explore the other tunnels?"

"Explore? I wanna explore!"​

"Precisely why I'm not asking you. Also, now that I think about it, we have to get back to the
Clefairy Den. Also, Mowtom, if Bubble could alert the Clefairy that I'm returning, and tell them
that I'm really not going to hurt them, that would be nice. In the event that we want to ask
about the other tunnels, I really don't want to go through all that again."

"Ooh yay friends!"​
Stary: lead party to Clefairy Den
Cheeky: follow Stary excitedly

Mowtom

"I really really really don't think we need to ask them about anything else. Can't we just go down the path they indicated the scary thing went down and call it a night?"
Follow Stary~Head down path Clefairy indicated
*yawns and continues emitting light* "I think scary ranger is coming back now, but I promise he won't hurt you. I'll protect you from him if I have to, okay?"
Wait around~Wait around
IF
Stary goes down any tunnel THEN follow Mowtom down the path the Clefairy indicated

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Cave Area 1: Entrance

[Bubble continues holding Flash to function as an oversized light bulb! -1 EN]

Delighted that it had achieved its goal in extracting the information from the Clefairy twins, Bubble warned the Clefairy twins of the reentrance of the remainder of its team.

<<"I think scary ranger is coming back now, but I promise he won't hurt you. I'll protect you from him if I have to, okay?">>

Now that the Clefairy trust Bubble, they are comfortable with the remainder of the team entering again.

<<Alright!>>
<<Sounds good!>>

Once in, the party proceeds to go down the path behind the Clefairy that they indicated.
======
Cave Area 2: Central Caverns

The party all together walk into this new room, and are amazed by how big it is. The first thing you spot is the giant centralized door at the back wall, which has two indentations in it that implies that there may be a key to the door. You then look to the left and notice one path, and a similar looking path to the right. You walk forward towards the door to fully examine it, but before you get there, you feel the chills go down your spine, as if you felt an ominous and powerful entity behind that door. Looking at the door, there is an indentation of a Hilt and an indentation of a Blade. You put your hand on the door and notice that it cannot be smashed. Stepping back a little bit so that now the door and both the tunnels are in your sight, you take a moment to notice how large the room is.

WHAT DO YOU DO NOW?
Mowtom

Mowtom @ Rusty Dagger

Bubble @ Life Orb

Stary02939

Stary @ First Aid Kit

Infernape @ Rare Candy

Field:
Dark Cave (Hindered movement and -2 Acc to all if no light source is available. This is reduced to -1 for ghost- and dark-types, and does not affect ground-types or Cave Dwellers.)
Rock Source available

Mowtom | Stary02939

"I think it would be fastest if we split up. I'll go left, you go right, okay?"

"Split up? But our new friends Mowtom and Bubble ... oh, fine, you're right, it'd be faster.
I'll make some light for us."​

Cheeky: Use Brighten command (become my lightbulb) ~ go down the left path
Stary: Wait for Cheeky to light up ~ follow Cheeky down path, using ghost/dark powers to attempt to go unnoticed by any creatures encountered
IF
Mowtom has another idea THEN go with it​

Mowtom

"Sounds good to me."
Go down the right path~Continue going down the right path
*yawn* "Me too."
Don't stop flashing~Follow Mowtom

JJayyFeather

Drifting~

After looking at the door and the two paths on either side of it, the team decides to split up and cover more ground that way. Cheeky utilizes his innate fire in order to provide a viable light source for when he and Stary go down their path. Bubble maintains her state of illumination and the group splits up.

[Cheeky: Brighten Command ~ -5 EN + -1 EN per update holding it]
[Bubble: Maintaining Flash ~ -1 EN]
======
Cave Area 3: South East Caverns

Stary and Cheeky enter the room, and see a Nosepass on the other end.

It appears to be holding an object that seems to fit the mold on the left part of the door from the Central Caverns. It appears to quite content with everything going on around it. Cheeky and Stary look at each other, and put the pieces together in their mind, that the Nosepass has what they came for.

Arena: Metallic Cavern
Steel-type attacks have +1 BAP.
Spread moves have x0.1 recoil.
All Pokemon have -1 accuracy without a light source.
Seismic activity is not recommended.

What do you do Stary and Cheeky?
======
Cave Area 4: South West Caverns

Mowtom and Bubble arrive in this room, and notice the way the light in moving through the slightly misty area, and then you notice the water. There's a rapid splashing sound that you hear, and when you focus sight on it, you see a collection of Magikarp.

Through the water you catch the gleam of a long narrow object that is lodged into the bottom of the water. Bubble's acute Psychic abilities help it relate it to the slot that she saw on the door in the Central Caverns. The Magikarp appear to be preoccupied with what they are doing, which is giving you ample time to craft and execute a plan to extract the object from the water.

Arena: Lake Cavern
Electric-type moves are treated as spread moves against all Pokemon in the lake if used on a Pokemon in the lake.
Accuracy of all moves is decreased by 1 stage without a light source, except Dark- and Rock- type mons and cave-dwelling Pokemon.
Seismic activity could be dangerous and is not recommended.
Fire-type attacks have their BAP reduced by 2.

What do you do Mowtom and Bubble?
Mowtom

Mowtom @ Rusty Dagger

Bubble @ Life Orb

Stary02939

Stary @ First Aid Kit

Infernape @ Rare Candy

Mowtom | Stary02939

Mowtom

"This seems fairly simple."
Be bored~Take the blade from Bubble and follow her back
*yawn* "Agreed. And I think I should keep being your light source."
Telekinesis (Lift blade out of water and into Mowtom's hand, not stopping the Flash)~Head back to the door

*Whispering* "Oh! Another new friend! Yay yay yay yay yay!"

*Also whispering* "Shut up already!" *Takes deep breath* "Okay, here's how this is going to go. Cheeky, we need that hilt."​

"You ... you don't want to try diplomacy?"

"Not really. Now, just keep silent, and, when I give you the signal, use Fake Out on that Nosepass."
Stary: Carefully, silently put down First Aid Kit - Use Thief on Nosepass to steal whatever it's holding (note - thief is misspelled in my movepool - it is spelled as "theif")
IF Nosepass is alerted to our presence before the beginning of A2 THEN replace thief with picking up First Aid Kit
Cheeky: wait - use Fake Out on Nosepass (to stun/flinch it and make it more susceptible to Stary's Thief)
IF Nosepass is alerted to our presence before the beginning of A2 THEN replace Fake Out with asking Nosepass about what it's holding

"Hi there! Ooh! What's that you're holding? Is it special? Is it shiny? ... Okay, you don't have to tell me if it's shiny, but seriously,
what is it and why is it important enough that you're guarding it in this cave? It's dark in here and there aren't any friends! Oooooh!
Can I be your friend?"

*Rolls eyes* "Shoot me now."

"I think I heard a ghost. Oh, well, whatever. Talk to me!" *Does a few backflips*

Last edited:

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Cave Area 3: South East Caverns

Stary and Cheeky prepare to assault the Nosepass. Stary carefully places his First Aid Kit on the ground, then signals Cheeky into action. Cheeky launches out with a quick Fake Out to flinch stun the Nosepass so it can't react to Stary's Thief that followed it and stole the Hilt.
{Cheeky's Light Source (-1 EN)
Cheeky's Fake Out (-4 EN):
Crit: 8617 NO
(4-1)/1.5 = 2

Stary's Thief (-3 EN):
Crit: 4369 NO
9+3-4.5 = 7.5}

Stary is now holding the magnificent Hilt, and Nosepass is still decently disgruntled. You notice that you have a backpack on that could probably hold the Hilt for you. Cheeky, of course, is excited to get heavily involved in the festivities that await once you carry on.

Arena: Metallic Cavern
Steel-type attacks have +1 BAP.
Spread moves have x0.1 recoil.
All Pokemon have -1 accuracy without a light source.
Seismic activity is not recommended.

What do you do Stary and Cheeky?
======
Cave Area 4: South West Caverns

Mowtom and Bubble immediately recognize the gleam of the blade, and Bubble decides to retrieve it.
Bubble uses Telekinesis on the Blade into Mowtom's possession! (-6 EN)
Bubble is maintaining Flash! (-1 EN)

The Magikarp never even notice what happen as they were quite caught up in their splashing and arguing.

With the blade in their possession, Mowtom and Bubble head back into the room with the giant door.
======

Having gotten what they came for, Mowtom and Bubble returned to the central cavern, and notice that Stary and Cheeky have not yet returned. The majority of the room is still unknown to them, but they stand and wait.

Rock Source available

What do you do Mowtom and Bubble?
1x Broken Sword Hilt (Mowtom's Backpack)
1x Broken Sword Blade (Stary)

Mowtom

Mowtom @ Rusty Dagger

Bubble @ Life Orb
EN: 80

Stary02939

Stary @ First Aid Kit (On the ground)
EN: 97

Infernape @ Rare Candy
EN: 90

Mowtom | Stary02939

Mowtom

"Let's wait for the others to get back. Also, Cheeky can take over the job of a light source, so you should put out your Flash to save energy, Bubble."
Stand and wait~Be bored
*yawn* "Ok."
Put out the light~Be bored

"All right, let's go!"

"Woohoo! We did it! Now let's book it!"​

"Also, grab my first aid kit, would you?"

Stary: Put Hilt in backpack - return to Central Caverns
Cheeky: Grab Stary's First Aid Kit - return to Central Caverns

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
[Cheeky's Brighten (Hold): -1 EN]

Blah blah boring things happen in the Central Caverns while Mowtom and Bubble await Cheeky and Stary's arrival. After putting the hilt in their backpack, Stary and Cheeky finally enter the central room to join back up with Mowtom and Bubble. They discuss the fact that they have these two key items, the Broken Sword Hilt and the Broken Sword Blade, and the fact that they match those indentations pretty well. The party starts to walk towards the door, only to be surprised by the Crobat that has suddenly swooped down from the ceiling.

Crobat
Poison/Flying
HP: 400 (Flees at 100 or less)
CHP: N/A
Energy: 100
Ranks: 3/3/3/3
Speed: 130
BST: 20
Size/Weight Classes: 4/4
Abilities: Inner Focus/Infiltrator

Moves Used:
Cross Poison
Screech
Leech Life
Supersonic
Astonish
Bite
Wing Attack
Confuse Ray
Swift
Air Cutter
Acrobatics
Mean Look
Poison Fang
Haze
Air Slash

Faint Attack
Pursuit
Quick Attack
Steel Wing

You sense a heavy dark aura radiating from this Crobat, and it looks angry with you. Looks like you will have to fight this one.

WHAT DO YOU DO?
1x Broken Sword Hilt (Mowtom's Backpack)
1x Broken Sword Blade (Stary's Backpack)

Mowtom

Mowtom @ Rusty Dagger

Bubble @ Life Orb
EN: 80

Stary02939

Stary @ First Aid Kit (On the ground)
EN: 97

Infernape @ Rare Candy
EN: 89

Mowtom | Stary02939

This is 2APR, right? If not, I would like a reorder lol.
Infernape: Thunder Punch (Crobat) - Rock Slide
[Once] IF
damaging flying-type attack targetting you THEN Protect and push back
Stary: Pick up First Aid Kit - Will-O-Wisp (Crobat)

Mowtom if you have better ideas, I welcome them

Last edited:

Mowtom

Specify that you are targeting Crobat please. And your sub really needs to say "targeting you" somewhere in it.
"400 HP Pokemon! I didn't sign up to fight any of those! I want my money back!"
Frustration (Crobat)~Covet (Crobat)
*yawn* "Your...what exactly? You didn't pay anything to be here."
Psychic (Crobat)~Psyshock (Crobat)

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
Apologies for the delay, was getting clarifications on how substitutions worked in ABs

*screeches loudly*
Air Slash ~ Air Cutter
======
Round 1

The party encounters a Crobat, who is much faster than all of them and strikes Cheeky with an Air Slash before anyone else could move, but fails to flinch. The team retaliates swiftly, especially Bubble hitting for over 30 damage. Stary takes this time to pick his First Aid Kit back up. Then, Crobat strikes Mowtom, Bubble, and Cheeky with a brilliant Air Cutter, even netting a critical hit on Cheeky. This was no match for the Psyshock that Bubble unleashed, which also scored a critical hit, and was followed up by a crippling Will-O-Wisp, as well as a Covet and Thunder Punch. With Crobat already down a third of his HP, it seems he is unable to handle this party.​
@ Rusty Dagger | HP: 76 | EN: 90 | Type: Normal/Fighting | Abilities: Scrappy/Technician/Mold Breaker | Stats: 5/2/0/2/55 | Other: None
@ Life Orb | HP: 103 | EN: 69 | Type: Psychic | Abilities: Overcoat/Magic Guard/Regenerator | Stats: 3/3/6/3/26 | Other: -10% Evasion
@ First Aid Kit | HP: 90 | EN: 90 | Type: Ghost/Dark | Abilities: Intimidate/Levitate/Forewarn | Stats: 2/3/0/3/55 | Other: None
@ Rare Candy | HP: 68 | EN: 77 | Type: Fire/Fighting | Abilities: Blaze/Iron Fist | Stats: 5/2/5/3/125 | Other: +18% Accuracy
~~~~~~~~~~~~
HP: 266 | EN: 92 | Type: Poison/Flying | Abilities: Inner Focus/Infiltrator | Stats: 3/3/3/3/130 | Other: Burned

Pre-Round
Stary intimidated Crobat!

Action 1
Target: 4/4
Crit (1): 7/16
Flinch (3000): 6235/10000

Crobat [Air Slash (Infernape)]: (8+3)*1.5 = 16.5 DMG, -5 EN

Crit (1): 15/16
Paralyze (1000): 3838/10000

Infernape [Thunder Punch (Crobat)]: (8+2+3)*1.5 = 19.5 DMG, +19.5 Threat, -6 EN

Stary [Pick up First Aid Kit]

Crit (1): 5/16
Mowtom [Frustration (Crobat)]: 10+3+3 + 1 = 17 DMG, +17 Threat, -6 EN

Crit (1): 16/16
-SpD (1000): 3298/10000

Reuniclus [Psychic (Crobat)]: (10+3+3+4.5)*1.5 = 30.75 DMG, +30.75 Threat, -6 EN

Action 2
Crit (2): 3/16
Crobat [Air Cutter (Reuniclus)]: 4.5+3-1 = 6.5 DMG, -3 EN

Target: 1/3
Hit (9500): 5343/10000
Crit (2): 12/16

Crobat [Air Cutter (Mowtom)]: (4.5+3+1.5)*1.5 = 13.5 DMG

Target: 2/2
Hit (9500): 7732/10000
Crit (2): 1/16

Crobat [Air Cutter (Infernape, Critical)]: (4.5+3+3)*1.5 = 15.75 DMG

Crit (1): 6/16
Infernape [Rock Slide]: (8+3)*1.5 = 16.5 DMG, +16.5 Threat, -6 EN

Crit (1): 15/16
Mowtom [Covet (Crobat)]: 9+3+3 + 1 = 16 DMG, +16 Threat, -4 EN

Hit (8500): 485/10000
Stary [Will-O-Wisp (Crobat)]: Crobat was burned!, -7 EN

Crit (1): 1/16
Reuniclus [Psyshock (Crobat, Critical)]: (8+3+3+3+4.5)*1.5 = 32.25 DMG, +32.25 Threat, -5 EN

-2 HP Crobat (Burn)

Totals
Crobat: -134 HP, -8 EN, Burned
Mowtom: -13.5 HP, -10 EN, +33 Threat
Reuniclus: -6.5 HP, -11 EN, +63 Threat
Stary: -7 EN
Infernape: -32.25 HP, -12 EN, +36 Threat
Threat Threshold: 81.9

Mowtom: 33
Reuniclus: 63
Stary: 0
Infernape: 36

======

"Ouch"
Air Slash ~ Air Cutter
IF Air Slash flinches its target A1, THEN Air Slash A2​

Mowtom | Stary02939

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)