Adventure Battle: To Defy the End [Chapter 1] The Wanderer + Canis Majoris

*ONLY THE USERS THE WANDERER, CANIS MAJORIS, AND GLACIER KNIGHT SHOULD POST IN THIS THREAD. If you want to participate, go sign up in the Adventure Battles main thread!*

"Greetings, thrill seekers. My name is Cheyenne, and I will be your host as you make your way through perils and plights. I hope you two have got your thinking caps on snug and your imaginations kicked into gear! I expect us to have a grand time."

"Before we send you off into the heat of adventure, let's go over some of the rules- as well as look over your profiles. Shall we, gents?"

1) The Wanderer and Canis Majoris have a DQ time of 3 days, and Glacier Knight Cheyenne has a DQ time of 5 days to keep things rolling. The best way to experience the wonder and challenge of Adventure Battles is to be on time and keep up a brisk pace, so keep that in mind!
2) This campaign will be using some special mechanics that are noted in the AB general thread. You may want to read up on them, if you haven't already.
3) In combat, you get two substitutions per round.
4) You and your pokemon get to equip items.
5) All abilities are available, except those locked or accessible only by mega evolution.
6) You can use as many recoveries or chills as you like, provided the ill wind count is not at zero
7) While Cheyenne cannot punish you for skipping on the flavor, it is highly recommended that you avoid doing so at all costs; If you want a flavor-less roleplay, you should sign up for a battle hall challenge and quickly be on your way

"And now, our rising stars! Let's get a little insight as to who we are going to be watching undertake the mysteries of the Adventure Battles!"

Team The Wanderer:

Benjamin Lad (Male)
"Ugh...why do I always throw myself into this shit again?...don't answer that."
A budding archaeologist, ASB ref, auric, and all around adventurer. Together with his partner Rico, Ben has been dragged from his own world into another, thanks to shenanigans from a certain singularity. Combined with this, his inability to let wrongs go unrighted, and just plain bad luck, there's a heap of trouble on the horizon...

Nature: Quirky
Type: Dark/Fighting
Ability: Inner Focus, Infiltrator, Speed Boost

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 2
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 1
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 55
Size: 3
Weight: 4

Attacks:
Growl
Leer
Meditate
Pound
Rage
Slam
Struggle
Tackle
Tickle

Fake Tears
Bite
Feint Attack
Snarl
Thief
Crunch
Embargo
Payback
Taunt
Torment
Dark Pulse
Foul Play
Punishment
Sucker Punch

Bulk Up
Force Palm
Quick Guard
Foresight
Focus Energy
Detect
Storm Throw
Brick Break
Mach Punch
Low Kick

Bodyblock
Chill
Dodge
Shift
Take Cover
->

Lucario(*) [Rico] (Male)
"Hey, did you ever watch Giga Woman vs. Ghydrei? You know that part where she ripped the Tokyo Tower out of the ground and chucked it at him?...Yeah, what I'm about to do is something like that."
Ben's beloved sidekick. If one could describe this snarky Lucario's fighting style in a single word, it'd be "flashy." Seriously, when your idea of using Bone Rush involves smacking a foe with a colossal sword made of aura, how could it not be?

Nature: Naughty (+1 Atk, -1 SpD)
Type: Fighting/Steel -> Fighting/Steel
Abilities: Inner Focus, Steadfast, Justified (Unlocked), Adaptability (ME)

Stats (Normal -> Mega):
HP: 100 -> 100
Atk: Rank 5 -> Rank 7 (+)
Def: Rank 3 -> Rank 3
SpA: Rank 4 -> Rank 5
SpD: Rank 2 -> Rank 2 (-)
Spe: 90 -> 112
Size Class: 3 -> 3
Weight Class: 4 -> 4
Base Rank Total: 20 -> 24

EC: Mastered!
MC: 16
AC: Mastered!

Attacks (102/102 - Movepool complete!)
Level Up(*):
Counter(*)
Endure(*)
Feint(*)
Force Palm(*)
Foresight(*)
Quick Attack(*)
Reversal(*)
Screech(*)

Level Up:
Aura Sphere
Bone Rush
Calm Mind
Close Combat
Copycat
Dark Pulse
Detect
Dragon Pulse
Extremespeed
Final Gambit
Heal Pulse
Me First
Metal Claw
Metal Sound
Nasty Plot
Power-up Punch
Quck Guard

Egg(*):
Blaze Kick(*)
Iron Defense(*)
Vacuum wave(*)

Egg:
Agility
Bite
Bullet Punch
Circle Throw
Cross Chop
Crunch
Follow Me
High Jump Kick
Mind Reader
Sky Uppercut

TM(*):
Earthquake(*)
Hidden Power(*) - Ice
Swords Dance(*)

TM:
Attract
Bulk Up
Bulldoze
Brick Break
Confide
Dig
Double Team
Facade
Flash Cannon
Fling
Focus Blast
Frustration
Giga Impact
Hone Claws
Hyper Beam
Low Sweep
Payback
Poison Jab
Protect
Psychic
Rain Dance
Rest
Retaliate
Return
Roar
Rock Slide
Rock Smash
Rock Tomb
Round
Shadow Ball
Shadow Claw
Stone Edge
Strength
Substitute
Sunny Day
Toxic

Other:
Bonemerang
Captivate
Drain Punch
Dual Chop
Focus Punch
Fury Cutter
Headbutt
Helping Hand
Ice Punch
Iron Tail
Low Kick
Magnet Rise
Mud-slap
Natural Gift
Rock Climb
Role Play
Secret Power
Sleep Talk
Snore
Swagger
Swift
Thunder Punch
Water Pulse
Work Up
Zen Headbutt

Commands:
Bodyblock
Chill
Dodge
Shift
Take Cover

Team Canis Majoris:

Michael Helix (Male)
"Pokemon can do wonderful things without humans... and humans, too, can do wonderful things without Pokemon. But they become more wonderful together."

Out-of-Battle Theme: Dormir - Mizumi no Kioku
In-Battle Theme: Nekomata Master - The Sky of Sadness

Michael is a trainer hailing from the Tannia Region, a region of progress but also of ideals, much like Unova. He was that region's Fire Gym Leader before he retired and gave it to his daughter Amber as he journeyed through Unova, leaving all of his previous Pokemon behind.
His first capture in Unova, an Eevee who he named Jet, was proven to be invaluable: He trained his singlestick skills with the Pokemon who by then had evolved into Flareon, and he has proven to be a master of defenses and offenses when needed. With a chilling glare and an imposing appearance, Michael is truly an intimidating opponent to face in not only singlestick, but Pokemon battles, even if he is around 60 years old.

Nature: Serious

Type: Steel

Abilities:

Sturdy: (Passive)
Filter: (Passive)
Overcoat: (Passive)

Stats:
Attack: Rank 2
Defense: Rank 4
Special Attack: Rank 1
Special Defense: Rank 3
Speed: 55
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 15

Attacks:

General:

Growl
Leer
Meditate
Pound
Rage
Slam
Tackle
Tickle

Steel Type:
Scary Face
Metal Claw
Magnet Bomb
Iron Defense
Autotomize
Bullet Punch
Shift Gear
King's Shield
Flash Cannon
Iron Head
Metal Burst
Gear Grind
Heavy Slam
Gyro Ball

Flareon [Jet] "The Justiceer" (Male) *

"None shall stand in the way of justice."
Desperation Theme: Persona 5 - Trailer
Jet was part of a group of Pokémon that eventually died to a gang of Bisharp and Pawniard. Rescued by Michael, he was the first partner that he ever saw as a true friend. As a Flareon, he favours divine justice and calculation over brute force.
Lately, Jet has found one of his "supposed dead" friends, Enryu - maybe they were not killed after all?
Jet's nickname comes from learning every move he could possibly learn as a Flareon.

Nature: Quiet (+1 SpA, -15% Speed, -10% Evasion)
Type: Fire

Abilities:
Flash Fire: (Passive)
Guts: (DW) (Passive) (Unlocked)

Stats:

Atk: Rank 5
Def: Rank 2
SpA: Rank 4 (+)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 56 (-10% Evasion)
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 2
Base Rank Total: 20

EC: 6/6
MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks:
Level Up:
Helping Hand
Tackle
Tail Whip
Sand-Attack
Growl
Quick Attack
Bite
Covet
Double-Edge
Focus Energy
Take Down
Ember
Fire Fang
Fire Spin
Smog
Flamethrower
Fire Blast
Lava Plume
Baby-Doll Eyes
Refresh
Swift
Flare Blitz
Last Resort
Trump Card
Leer
Baton Pass
Rage
Scary Face

Egg:
Wish
Tickle
Endure
Detect
Curse
Yawn
Flail
Charm
Captivate
Fake Tears
Natural Gift
Synchronoise

Tutor:
Heal Bell
Heat Wave
Iron Tail
Superpower
Hyper Voice
Snore

TM:
Facade
Substitute
Double Team
Hyper Beam
Shadow Ball
Toxic
Roar
Rest
Reflect
Mimic
Bide
Attract

Giga Impact
Dig
Overheat
Flame Charge
Incinerate
Protect
Sunny Day
Will-O-Wisp
Swagger
Skull Bash
Body Slam
Return
Zap Cannon
Mud-Slap
Frustration
Headbutt
Hidden Power (Grass)

Strength
Rock Smash
Round
Confide
Echoed Voice
Rain Dance
Retaliate
Secret Power
Sleep Talk
Work Up

Event:
Growth
Celebrate
Moves to max: 0
CC Bonus: 5 (to 6: 2 moves)

"Oh wow! What do you get when a spry, headstrong Archaeologist teams up with an Iron clad, experienced veteran? One powerful explorer party! I'm quite excited to see how these two fare as the mysteries of Adventure Battle unfold....

"Right! Let's begin, gents~!"

Chapter 1: In the Caves
While most trainers that come from the region of Smogon control their Pokémon, there is one exception: Walker, the Eternal Drifter. Missing for over half a year, search teams dried up, especially once he was spotted with a Natu in turn at a shopping mall, a cave, and a battlefield, all very briefly. But his state when others encountered him showed him to be deteriorating, and Demon Lord Itsumo is known to be chasing the trainer for his own reasons.

Which is why, when Walker was spotted in the caverns in Mt Coronet, that two trainers and their Pokémon were sent to try to bring him to safety back in the Smogon region.

However, with the general increase of hostility of Pokémon all around, the trainers had better be on their guard...

Location: Southern Sinnoh, on the edges of the Mt. Coronet mountain range
Music: Wildwood Whimsy

The area of Mt. Coronet that Walker was spotted in is no longer open to the public, due to events ranging from slightly ominous to down-right life endangering occurring in those deep, twisting tunnels. However, through some combination of luck or having the right connection and know how, you and your expedition mate have made it to the right place:

Though you find yourself at one of the most southern points of Sinnoh, the mountain ridges are thick with Spruces and Douglas firs; while nearly all the Mt. Coronet range is classified as an Alpine Biome, these southern parts are strangers to the harsh winter blizzards and pounding snow falls its northern brethren experience. You stocked up in Pastoria City, and then trekked through the thicker parts of the swamp to make it to the continental divide- though you havent seen a wooper or thick mud for at least a day or two. You are definitely in a different climate zone, as you stare at the foreboding entrance of the cavern system. The tunnel itself is fairly small- perhaps ten feet tall at the most, with a narrow width of seven or so feet. The surrounding mountainside is craggy, though it abruptly juts skyward as you get closer to the cavern entrance... definitely cant (or would want to) scale it. As you wait or prepare to enter the cavern, you can hear the surrounding flora and fauna loud and clear; that flock of starvia was no match for you and your pokemon, yet you could tell they were much more agitated than usual. While you havent been confronted or ambushed just yet, it would be best not to dilly dally....

The Wanderer and Canis Majoris have 3 days to post opening flavor / talk to each other. Once the both explorers decide and act to enter the cave, or the 3 days have passed without a word, the Adventure Battle will truly begin. Best wishes~

♫???

White.

I awoke surrounded by blank nothingness. No dingy hideout room, no creaky bed, no warm shock of purple pressing against my shoulder. Just...white.

Ugh...this place again...

I pulled myself up to look around, noticing that at least I'm clothed this time. Yes, I've been here before; a couple of times, actually. And every time I've been here, something fucked up happens to me.

Up until now though, I've always come alone.

...Rico?

Well this is new. And at the same time, kind of sad, because it means now my partner's getting exposed to this bullshit. That, or this is really just another nightmare. I've been having those a lot since this mess started.

Uhhn...that you, Boss? Where the hell are we?

I, uh...wish I could say. Not really sure how to describe this place.

All I really know is that only one thing happens when I come here...

What ho, Benny-boy! And his doggie!

Goddammit.

Dude, I'm a jack...Brian Blessed?

Victor von Groodle, the so-called traveling singularity, master of this void, and apparently the reason I'm an auric. As Rico just pointed out, he looks and sounds very much like Brian Blessed.

And as I will point out, acts very much like Q.

The hell do you want, von Groodle?

Oh come now, a man can't see his friends when he wants? Bahaha!!!

Bullshit. You brought me here because you want something. You always bring me here when you want something.

Alas, you've found me out! As it turns out, another world is having a bit of a problem, and I thought I could borrow you to fix it!

Boss, what the hell is going on here? Did you get dragged into some supernatural bullshit?

Not now, Rico. Look, I've got enough problems in my own world. Can't you just find some other sap to do this?

Nnnnnnnnnope!

And with a snap of his fingers, a black sphere materialized behind Rico and I and I have a bad feeling about this and why the fuck can't I move?!

What the hell?! I can't move a muscle!

Oh, don't worry about that! Now then boys, go asking around for Walker, and the rest of the pieces will fall in place! Bon voyaaaaaaaaaaage!

He pushed us in.

VON GROODLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL-
SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII-

The marshlands of Pastoria city have been an environmentalist point of contentment for years. Although preservation efforts in the form of Sinnoh's local safari zone have been quite admirable, the fact is, the swamps are shrinking. Some blame global warming. Some blame the increasing urbanization of Pastoria and the surrounding towns. Some blame trainers looking for their next secret weapon. Indeed, the local pokemon population is dwindling as well. Causes vary, ranging from said urbanization, to the aforementioned trainers, to being slain by predators...

...and in one particular Wooper's case, to fleeing in terror as she heard the screams of a young man and a little girl from above. She believes they belong to the Lucario and the human who plunged face-first into the muck, respectively.

♫Downtime

Civilization at last. Maybe we can finally find out where the hell we are.

Boss, why the fuck didn't you tell me you had Q on your ass?

Would you believe me if I said I had Q on my ass?

That's not the point!

That's totally the point!

Rico was, unsurprisingly, pissed off at me ever since von Groodle dumped us into that swamp. Can't say that I blame him, suddenly becoming that prick's errand jackal. Hell, I'm not exactly fond of being his errand boy either.

Well, no sense in bitching, I suppose. The sooner we get this shit over with, the better. There's a pokemon center over there; they might have a map. And maybe showers. Landing in mud was not nice.

Good to be clean again...You find anything out, Rico?

Yeah, apparently we're in some place called Sinnoh, wherever the hell that is...

Sinnoh...Sinnoh...I've heard that name somewhere...Something in a blog..Oh yeah, an archaeologist I've been following was born there. But isn't she fro...

...WE'RE IN JAPAN?!

...Rico, can you give me a second?

Well, I eventually found Sinnoh on an atlas the pokemon center had laying around, but I realized this world looks nothing like mine. Not even remotely. It would explain why everyone speaks English here...or did von Groodle do something to us so we could speak the local tongue?

What the...

Yeah, this definitely ain't our world.

Not our world?

Huh?

Someone listening in on us? I turned around and found an imposing looking man with a Flareon standing behind us.

He's an old guy, probably about as old as the professor, carrying a gentleman's cane and wearing a dapper black suit. But what really stands out is the mask; a blank visage that covers all but an eye. I jokingly thought he might be one of Prosopida's goons...is Prosopida even a thing in this world?

Sorry, I overheard what you just said and it struck me as a bit...odd.

It...might be a good idea not to tell anyone we're from another world. I doubt anyone would believe me if I did, but still...

Oh, that? Sorry, we were, uh, just rehearsing lines for a play?

Oh? You two are actors then?

Uh...yeah! Yeah, we are!

Maybe he knows something about this Walker guy...

Incidentally, we're looking for a member of our troupe. Hear of anyone called Walker?

suspicion

Fuck, I think I may have stepped on a land mine...

♫And this is where it begins

Walker. Blonde hair, piercing eyes, ace trainer outfit?

It just occured to me von Groodle never gave me a description of the guy. Fucking hell...

Um...yes?

...You're not actors, just terrible liars.

Shit, he got us. Still, I haven't gotten any dangerous impulses.

Alright, would you believe me if somebody told us to go looking for this guy?

More than the actor schtick, yes. Why are you looking for him?

Damned if I know. All he told us is that if we asked around, it'd all make sense. I don't exactly have an alternative here...

Blackmail?

No, just really crappy luck. This guy who dragged us into this? Every time I've tried to get out of his...propositions, the circumstances always drag me into it. This one time he tried to have me resolve a matter at a garbage dump, I hid on top of a building, and the guy found me, and I panicked and jumped off, and I landed into a dump truck, which went straight to where the problem was!

Not entirely bullshit.

The bottom line is, the boss and I have given up on trying to dodge him, so we might as well get this over with.

Mask listened to all of this intently, and nodded.

...I see. Well, actually...I'm seeking him out myself.

truth

Perhaps we could work together?

Well, this Mt. Coronet sure is imposing. According to Michael (the man in the mask from earlier), this Walker guy was last seen here. Hopefully we can find him and get some answers.

You gonna be okay, Mike? This terrain looks pretty rough.

I'm more resilient than I look. Honestly, I'm more worried about you.

Hey, Rico and I have had our fair share of dungeon crawling. We'll be fine.

Ben: Into the cave we go!
Rico: Also into the cave we go!​

Last edited:
Three days. That was all I remember that... thing, saying before it left me. Three days. But to what? My inevitable death? Ashes to ashes, I suppose. No, it was a different demise. The demise of something much greater than I. At least, that is what I've considered. It now marks three years that I have left my Fire Gym to my daughter, Amber. I still do get the letters she sends to me, of her having caught her own Flareon and using it in battle. Such a sweet young lass. It is a shame I cannot see her bloom in my travels, but the fact that she is alright consoles me.

What was it? I have no clue. I recieved a letter that same night, telling me to search for the one named Walker. And with the two rather odd partners I had beside me - who I knew for sure were not from here, though I would not dare tell them that - I knew that this could be a harsh journey. Even if it was a powerful Lucario that could very well punch me to kingdom come if I were not careful.

I snapped my fingers. Quickly, my black-tinted and red-masked Flareon appeared from above, hopping from rock to rock to land next to me. I kneeled down, giving him a little pet of affection. Those who know me know that he is indeed my favourite. He was my first catch while in the A.S.B. League, after all.

"Did you discover much about this cave, Jet?"

"You know how I feel about mountain caves."

"I am truly sorry, my friend, but between you and Will, I would rather bring you."

"Who are those two?"

It was clear he was talking about the partners I had brought.

"Ah, of course. These are Benjamin Lad and Rico, the Lucario. Benjamin, Rico, this is my Flareon, Jet."

Being the gentlemon that he is, Jet walked up to them, extending a paw to one, then the other.

"So, you have not ventured into the cave?"

"It's dark. And if I choose to try and light it up, I'll probably be mauled by Zubat. I shouldn't risk it."

I couldn't help but chuckle.

"Of course. Any hostility from the Pokémon?"

"More than I would like. I'm pretty sure they're attacking trainers, too."

Perhaps they are being controlled. Pokémon do not normally attack humans, after all.

"Well then, we should make haste. The faster we find Walker, the less likely we will get hurt."

Cave Area 1: Entrance
Music: SECRET TUNNEL

Your group gets familiar with one another quickly, and it seems as though you four will work nicely together. Without another word or pause, you start your adventure.

Entering the cave proves to be annoying, as you barely take ten steps before it sharply turns right and dips down. You feel your way down, and it curves to the left; the descent proves a bit challenging as darkness envelops your party. It take you about two or three minutes to finish the descent and end up in a larger tunnel; your entire party can stand side by side now. The inky black void is a problem, but hopefully your eyes will adjust soon... or maybe you can something to combat the darkness?

The faint shuffling of feet a few yards ahead of you hastens your need to act.

What will you do?

The Wanderer:

Benjamin Lad | Rico
Iron Shield | Lucarionite
Dark/Fighting| Steel/Fighting
HP: 100 | HP: 100
EN: 100 | EN: 100
Stats: 2/2/1/3/55 | Stats: 5/3/4/2/90
Inner Focus | Inner Focus
Infiltrator | Justified
Speed Boost | Steadfast
No ailments | No ailments
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Marjoris

Michael Helix | Jet
Steel | Fire
N/A | Fire Stone
HP: 100| HP: 100
EN: 100 | EN: 100
Stats: 2/4/1/3/55 | Stats: 6/2/4/4/56 (-10% Evasion)
Sturdy | Flash Fire
Filter | Guts
Overcoat| Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Field:
Dark Cave (Hindered movement and -2 Acc to all if no light source is available. This is reduced to -1 for ghost- and dark-types, and does not affect ground-types or Cave Dwellers.)

The Wanderer | Canis Majoris

I really should've thought to bring night-vision goggles or something, because the descent got really dark, really fast. I don't know why Mike's Flareon hasn't provided us with any light...is he afraid we'll get swarmed by Zubats or something? I haven't gotten any impulses the entire way down, I think we're safe. That said, given how little I know about this world, I'd rather the Lucario tell them that...

Hey Rico, you picking anything up? I can't see a damn thing down here.

Not a thing, Boss. Hey, it should be safe to light-

movement

Or not. Something's down here. Judging from the impulse, it's small and grounded. It's also separating, implying two...maybe three of them. I didn't pick up any malice, though maybe they just haven't noticed us yet.

...It ain't Zubats, but there's something down here.

Yeah...Hey Mike, can we get some light in here? We might just need it.

Quietly, Rico and I stepped forward and began to focus. Depending on what happens next, we may need to fight at the drop of a hat...

Ben: Detect (Try to keep tabs on the mystery target(s) and be ready to strike at a moment's notice)
Rico: Detect (Same intentions as Ben)​

Light. No time to think too much this time around, is there? Jet cannot use Flash, and doesn't have Illuminate. A little ember will have to suffice...

"I know. We need light. This is the best I can muster without burning the whole place down..."

Michael: Meditate (Ponder over possible options if hostile)

Flareon/Jet: Will-O-Wisp (Hold flame for light)

Settling into the dark, the party notices that their vision is not improving in the slightest. Michael, acknowledging he cant do much at the moment, casually leans against the cave wall, instructing his Flareon to brighten up the room without harming the party.

Flareon stands his ground and tenses up just a bit, closing his eyes and focusing on the energy around it. Within seconds, the pokemon's body lights up in a soft blue-white aura, flames dancing and flickering about. As Flareon closes its eyes and concentrates even more so, a small wisp of the energy peels off the fox, and forms a small floating flame; as it hovers right off the coast of Flareon, another four or five come into existence. The five flames, willed by Flareon, spread out at equal distances around him, and with a quick flex of the mind muscles, they blow up in proportion, flashing bright blue light as they swell up to the size of baseballs.

This helps improve the pitch black cavern, and you can make out two small fairies, holding hands and staring at you curiously. Its still dark, but you can tell they are Clefairies

"Pi? Piiiiii pi pi?" "Pipipi! Piiiii pi."
<<Oh? New friends in our home?>> <<Be careful! The old guy and the doggy are kind of scary..>>

Benjamin and the "Doggy" still arent satisfied with the dim lighting, and use their detection skills to focus on the area in its entirey. Their eyes glow a faint white as their eyesight and other senses are heightened, and get a better understanding of the area.

The clefairy den is small and squareish in shape, with four tunnels in the back. You can sense how far they go, but just a little bit. they curve up and down, deeper into the mountain range. It's probably best to figure out more information on the tunnels though, as you have no idea what some of them could lead you to.

The Clefairy are still staring at your party, though they seem a bit skittish when they glance at Michael and Rico.

What do you do?

[Flareon used Will-O-Wisp to brighten up the area! -6EN]
[Benjamin used Detect to survey the chamber! -6EN]
[Rico used Detect to survey the chamber! -6EN]

The Wanderer:

Benjamin Lad | Rico
EN: 94 | EN: 94
Infiltrator | Justified
Speed Boost | Steadfast
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Marjoris

Michael Helix | Jet
Steel | Fire
N/A | Fire Stone
EN: 100 | EN: 94
Sturdy | Flash Fire
Filter | Guts
Overcoat| Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Field:
Dark Cave (Hindered movement and -2 Acc to all if no light source is available. This is reduced to -1 for ghost- and dark-types, and does not affect ground-types or Cave Dwellers.)

Seismic activity is not recommended
No Grass Source/No Water Source
Rock Source available
Clefairy Den: -1EN to all moves used by Clefairy

Jet conjured a bunch of wisps. They didn't provide much light, but it was enough to show us what we were up against...

Pi? Piiiiiiii pi pi?
Pipipi! Piiiii pi.

...Clefairies?

Kraoogh.

Pii!

fear

They don't seem to be hostile, but they're definitely wary. Rico growling something at them certainly didn't help.

Rico, don't be a dick.

Wasn't trying to...

Well it didn't work. What'd you tell them, anyway?

They called me a dog. What do you think?

Look, I'd rather not get into any fights if I can help it. Tone it down, alright?

I doubt they'll fight us, Boss. They look pretty scared.

Think they'll let us pass by, then?

Actually, we might be able to make use of this. If I may?

You on to something?

Perhaps we can ask them to guide us through the mountain? They might have seen Walker.

That's...actually a really good idea.

That'd probably help a lot. Hey Rico, you think you could interpret for us?

Roger that, Boss.

Ben: Stay back with Rico and negotiate with the Clefairies
Rico: Interpret​

Canis Majoris has exceeded the DQ of 3 days by 3 days (AB was updated Saturday at around 2am, and it is now Friday around 2PM). Also, The Wanderer exceeded DQ as well (3 day DQ, by 1 day), but he has posted

I am giving both of you a DQ warning. If either of you exceed DQ again, your AB will end.

Canis please post within 36 hours.

"Hmm... perhaps it is for the best."

"Nngh..."

"Are you quite alright, Jet?"

"Fine, just... never held a Will-O-Wisp for this long."

Michael: Stand back
Jet: Stand back (Hold Will-O-Wisp)

You decide the ask the Clefairies for help, not wanting to take a wild guess and end up down a treacherous path. You decide Lucario is the best to chat with the fairy twins, despite their obvious caution about the steel pokemon.

"Pip! Pipi pipipipi!" "Piii! ...Pi. Pipipi piii? Piiiipipipi! Pipipipipipipipipipipipipipipipii...PIPI!"
<<Eep! Doggy is coming near us hide hide hide!>> <<Quiet! ...Oh. You and your friends want to go deeper? But there are so many ways to go like you can take the first path to get to the top of Mt. Coronet or the second path to the clefairy moon dance chamber or the third path which has really scary spooky things like Green sick men BUT DONT GO DOWN THE FOURTH PATH IT HAS ZUBATS.>>

Well, that was a mouthful. She seems a bit scared as she blabbed, but the second clefairy has told you where the paths go. The third tunnel seems quite promising... and it seems its best to avoid the fourth tunnel entirely.

What do you do?

The Wanderer:

Benjamin Lad | Rico
Infiltrator | Justified
Speed Boost | Steadfast
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Marjoris

Michael Helix | Jet
Steel | Fire
N/A | Fire Stone
Sturdy | Flash Fire
Filter | Guts
Overcoat| Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Field:

Rock Source available

Canis Majoris | The Wanderer

Ben began to go off on a long spiel about the group's goodwill towards the two nervous Clefairies in the darkness, and that they mean no harm. Rico thought the boss's speech was a bit wordy, so he decided to paraphrase.

<What he means to say is that we come in peace.>

They say nothing. Maybe they can't hear him? No, that's impossible; he definitely recalled Wendy mentioning once that they could hear a pin drop from half a mile off.

Or was that Clefable? Rico always got them mixed up.

In any case, they aren't approaching, or even speaking. If they won't take negotiations to him, he'll take it to them. Gingerly, he approached the Clefairies. One immediately began to panic.

<Eeep! The doggy's coming near us hide hide hide->

Thankfully, the other seemed a little braver, albeit still nervous.

<Quiet!>

Rico sighed. Although he was a little irritated that they kept calling him a dog - he's a jackal, dammit! - at least communications didn't break down before they started.

<Like I said, we've come in peace. My friends back there are actually wondering if you could help us out.>

<What do you mean by that?>

<You guys know the lay of the land, right? Maybe you could tell us where all these roads go? We're looking to go deeper into the mountain.>

<Oh, you just want to go deeper? But there are so many ways to go!>

<Okay, why don't you start with that tunnel on the far left? Where's that go?>

<Well, that way goes outside and up the mountain. The way next to it is where we have our moon dances!>

<Uh-huh...>

<The third path has spooky scary things like the green sick men...>

<Green sick men? You mean like zombies or some->

<BUT DON'T GO DOWN THE LAST WAY IT HAS ZUBATS AND THEY EAT EVERYTHING THAT COMES DOWN AND IT HURTS REALLY BAD AND PLEASE DON'T TAKE US THERE>

<...Uh...okay, don't go down the one on the far right. Thanks, I'll leave you guys alone now.>

Well, they didn't run away, and Rico's looking pretty accomplished, I'm guessing negotiations turned out alright.

Well?

Tunnel on the far left goes up the mountain, next one over goes to some moon dance place, I'm guessing a giant moon stone or something. The one next to that has "green sick men," whatever the hell those are, and the one on the far right...well, Zubats that supposedly eat everything. Probably shouldn't go down that one.

Green sick men? You mean like zombies or something? Are those a thing here? Please tell me those aren't a thing here.

And Walker?

Rico fell silent for a moment, and turned around. And sure enough...

Dammit, I knew I was forgetting something! <HEY! One last question! Have you seen a hu...>

Ben: Stand back
Rico: Ask the clefairies if they've seen Walker recently​

"I wish I could feel more useful than a walking flashlight right now.."

"Do not worry yourself, Jet. We will all be able to help at some point or another."

Michael and Jet: Stand back with Ben.

The Rest of your party relaxes while Rico continues to communicate with the Clefairy sisters. Rico asks them if they've seen Walker.

"Piiii piii piii~!" "Piii? Pii... Pi! Pipiiii pipipi! piipipiiii..."
<<Doggy isn't mean doggy is friendly yay I love you doggy~!>> <<A Walker man? Hmm... Oh! There was a Blonde man, and he went down the third tunnel! But later we saw the scary green man go down there too...>>

The younger clefairy that keeps calling Lucario "Doggy" clings to his leg, giving him the cutest little hug... surely the Jackal can't get too upset at the little babe? Her older sister though has more useful information; It seems Walker can be found down the 3rd path...with the green man... whatever or whoever that is.

So, things seem pretty clear now.

What do you do?

The Wanderer:

Benjamin Lad | Rico
Infiltrator | Justified
Speed Boost | Steadfast
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Marjoris

Michael Helix | Jet
Steel | Fire
N/A | Fire Stone
Sturdy | Flash Fire
Filter | Guts
Overcoat| Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Field:

Rock Source available

Canis Majoris | The Wanderer

<HEY! One last question! Have you seen a human paWAAAH!>

Well, this is a surprise. First the smaller Clefairy was wary of Rico, and now she glomped him so hard he fell over.

<Yay doggy isn't mean doggy is friendly I love you doggy~!>

For god's sake, I'm a...ugh, nevermind. <Well, uh, thank you, but as I was saying, have you guys seen a human pass by here recently? Blond hair, piercing eyes, red and black outfit?>

<Hmmm...oh yeah! I saw someone like that go down the third tunnel!>

<The one with the green guy?>

<Yeah, he went after him...he might still be down there.>

<Alright, thanks. NOW I'll leave you alone.>

<Noooo I wanna play more!>

I never thought I'd see this. Rico being held down by a Clefairy of all mons. Cuddling him.

Boss, do something!
Piiiii~

He sounds kind of desperate there. Maybe I should pull her off of him...

...no, I think I'll watch him squirm. This is actually kind of adorable.

Goddammit, you're enjoying this, aren't you?!

You know it.

At this point, Rico started thrashing, but the Clefairy held on to his leg for dear life. From what I can make out from Jet's wisps, she's clearly enjoying this.

BOSS I SWEAR I'M THROWING YOUR ASS INTO THE ZUBAT CAVE WHEN THIS IS OVER!
Pii pi Piii~

As amusing as this is, he has a point. We really should be on our way.

Alright, alright. I'll break it u-

Or not. Looks like the larger Clefairy pulled the smaller one off him. And exchanged a few words with the both of them. And now Rico's stomping back to us with a furious glare and-

WAAA-*SMACK*

Ben fell to the ground as Rico yanked at his leg and began to drag him kicking and screaming down the fourth path. After a few moments, Rico reemerged alone.

So Walker's probably down the zombie route. Let's go find him and get this over with.

But what about-

Mike's query was cut off by the sound of the screeches of countless Zubats and a tapestry of obscenities.

He's fine, he'll catch up.
Ben: Double back and go down the third path after Rico lets go of him
Rico: Chuck Ben into the fourth path, then go down the third​

Cave Area 1: Entrance:

Your party makes its way through another winding passage tunnel, though its through the pitch black dark again- The wisps stay behind with the Clefairies, who wave at you goodbye with earnest.

"Piiiiii!" "Pi! Pipipi!"

<<Byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyye Dogggggggy!>>
<<Bye! Stay safe and come dance with us soon!"

It takes a full 35 minutes to finish the trek, and the further you go the colder and damper it gets. Finally however, Rico in the lead alerts the group that a larger Cavern is coming up shortly.
You discover that this is a very large cavern indeed.

....That is an understatement.

Cave Area 2: Central Caves
Music: Misty Mysteries

You walk in and hear the tremendous crash of what seems to be water, and you all feel mist coat your body. This cavern is pitch black, and you have no idea where to go.

This Cavern is DEFINITELY bigger than the Clefairy den.

What do you do?

The Wanderer:

Benjamin Lad | Rico
Infiltrator | Justified
Speed Boost | Steadfast
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Marjoris

Michael Helix | Jet
Steel | Fire
N/A | Fire Stone
Sturdy | Flash Fire
Filter | Guts
Overcoat| Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Field: Grand Cavern
-2 Acc if no light source is available (-1 Acc for Dark and/or Ghost types, No Acc drop for ground types and/or cave dwelling pokemon)

Unfortunately, the wisps stayed behind, so the party made a slow crawl ahead. Eventually, they reached a massive cavern; one far bigger than the Clefairy den (and the sounds of Ben's tussle with a horde of Zubats) they had left behind.

Well, I might be able to get a feel for the place, but I think we'll still need some li-

danger

Ghhkkk!

Rico choked a little as he was yanked by his scarf, dragged and pinned against a nearby wall. He could not see who had assailed him in this blackness, but if he had, he would have seen murderous rage in his eyes and Zubat bites all over his body. Before the Lucario could get his bearings, this mystery foe uttered in a low, furious growl...

I. AM GOING. TO KICK. YOUR. ASS.

Ben: Detect (Keep an eye out for other denizens)
Rico: Detect (Same)​

Odd fellows, those two. They claim to be friends, yet always seem to be at each other's throats. Well, no matter. I need assistance once again for light.

"Jet, if you could?"

"Got it. Let's just hope no one heard us."

Michael: Stand guard

Jet: Will-O-Wisp (Provide Light)

Michael wipes the mist off his brow, then instructs Jet to brighten up the cavern like before. The Flareon goes through the same process, but to the party's dismay, the Wisps fizzle out as soon as they leave Flareon's body aura; the constant mist makes this feat pretty impossible.

Lad and Rico shrug at the Flareon's attempt, and use their detection skills to survey the pitch black cavern. They have a bit more success.

This massive chamber is circular in shape, and is probably a quarter mile wide and long (402ish Meters). It takes a dome like shape as you look up... but you cant see the ceiling. Even with all members of your party using flash or a similar move, you can see perhaps 50 or so feet up before all depth perception and vision is swallowed by the inky darkness. The sides of the cavern though seem to slope inward, so the ceiling eventually comes to an end... however high up that is. Thick, ancient stalactites protrude from the darkness above, some 5 or so feet in diameter. There are too many of various sizes and shapes to keep track, but there's at least 20 of them in this gargantuan chamber. The longer ones, that reach closest to the ground floor, seem to have been messed with... some kind of constant scratching where something sharpened appendages, or kept watch.
The cavern floor is surprisingly smooth, though collecting small puddles in some places.. especially the closer you get to the waterfalls.

There seem to be five, pouring up from the darkness and located on edges of the chamber equal distances away from each other. Your party, now looking behind them, just came out from under one of the weakest one, only a thin mist covering your bodies. All five pour into a decent sized river that wraps itself around the entire edge of the chamber: the water is so fresh and crystal clear you can see the bottom, which is only three or so feet deep. Your eyes track the water flowing, and discover where the water leaves the Cavern: to the left near the northwestern waterfall is a small tunnel, where there is both a path for the river and those who dont want to get sopping wet. It of course heads down even deeper into Mt. Coronet, as if you couldnt go any further down.

On the opposite end lies another tunnel, to the right of the southeastern waterfall. To your relief, this one doesnt go down; however, its even smaller than the river tunnel and seems to jut up at a 60 degree angle. This path is littered with sturdy rocks that could be used as stepping and gripping stones, so you wouldn't have too much difficulty- but you'll be tired when you get to the top of wherever it leads.

And then your attention is directed to a massive door across the massive chamber: 60 feet wide and easily 100 feet tall, this double sided door (30 feet wide for each door) is heavily ordained obstacle has a deep purple hue to it, a rich yet insidious color. Your party walks to the center of this Giant cavern and stops, wondering what to do next. From this distance, you can notice that the Door has two indentations: A cross and a pointed Line. Seems as though you've found yourself a puzzle.

What do you do?

[Flareon used Will-O-Wisp to brighten the cavern! -6EN]
[The constant mist in the arena put out the Wisps!]
[Ben used Detect to survey the area! -6EN]
[Rico used Detect to survey the area! -6EN]

The Wanderer:

Benjamin Lad | Rico
EN: 88 | EN: 88
Infiltrator | Justified
Speed Boost | Steadfast
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Marjoris

Michael Helix | Jet
Steel | Fire
N/A | Fire Stone
EN: 100 | EN: 88
Sturdy | Flash Fire
Filter | Guts
Overcoat| Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

ield: Grand Cavern
Water Source/No Grass Source/Rock Source possibly avaiable
-2 Acc if no light source is available (-1 Acc for Dark and/or Ghost types, No Acc drop for ground types and/or cave dwelling pokemon)
Damaging Sound based moves gain +2BAP due to the sheer size of the cavern and echo power
All Sound based moves gain a flat 15% Accuracy and hit/affect all pokemon/trainers in the Field bar the user
Seismic activity is extremely hazardous and can cause catastrophic consequences
Secret Power has a 30% Chance to lower accuracy by one stage
Camouflage turns the user into a Water/Rock type
Nature Power calls Ominous Wind
Constant Mist

Fuck Zubats. FUCK. ZUBATS.

Apparently Rico didn't like playing with Clefairies that much and decided he wanted to chuck me into a fucking nest of goddamn bats.

Well, that doesn't happen without consequences...

I. AM GOING. TO KICK. YOUR. ASS.

Oh, you're back. Have fun?

Fun?! Fuck you! I've got bitemarks all over me, God knows how many gashes, my leg's busted, I can't see out my left eye, and I think I'm missing a fucking kidney thanks to your bullshit! Way to go, Rico! Way, to fucking, go!

Calm down, we're not going to get anywhere fighting like this. Besides, for such grievous wounds, you sound awfully healthy.

Koogrihih!

See? I told you he'd be fine.

No, I'm not fine! I'm beyond fucked up from that!

My rant is met with silence.

...on a side note, I have a tendency to exaggerate.

And more silence.

...and lie.

Did I mention they aren't saying anything?

...and make up bullshit stories about bad things happening to me. But I still got bit all over! You know how itchy Zubat bites get?!

It just keeps going...well, for about a moment or two. Mike was the first to speak up.

*ahem* Anyway. We seem to have a problem.

Huh?

It's too damp for Jet to use Will-o-wisp. We can't see down here.

Shit, that is a problem.

Well, I can try to get a feel for the area. It's no flashlight, but it's better than nothing.

Rico closed his eyes and began to concentrate. Since it was dark enough, I did the same.

...Holy shit, this cavern is huge. From what I could tell, there were two paths available to us, discounting the way we came. The road to the left seems to be going further down into the mountain; I'm picking up marine life that way, I'm guessing it's some kind of underground river. The opposite end feels like it goes up at a steep angle. I'm a little worried about Mike in that respect...is he going to be able to hack it?

I said there were only two paths, but I can't help but feel the wall directly ahead. It feels like two slabs of stone pushed together, as if it were a really thick door. Perhaps-

danger

...!

Something wrong?

I could have sworn something was watching us. Why can't I feel it now?

Nothing, just kind of cold from all the mist.

I thought about telling them, but that would mean revealing my...talents. Besides, if I impulsed that, Rico must have, too.

Well, I think I got a general idea now. We got two ways to go; left and right. Left goes down a river of some sort, right goes up a ways. Pretty steep, too. I think there's a door up ahead, but it's closed. And pretty thick.

Rico got up close to Mike and Jet, and added in a low, conspiratorial voice...

And another thing, I think something else is down here. And it knows we are, too.

Ben: Consult Canis on what to do
Rico: Same​

It's hard to focus on ASB when you take a hiatus and then suddenly Christmas. That said, Merry Christmas and my apologies.

That door is strange. Perhaps this is where we are supposed to go through next. But it must be locked. No point in trying to barge in with Rico's Close Combat or Jet's Flare Blitz. There are two indents in the door... perhaps each artifact lies in a path. One for the left, and one for the right.

"Too damp here, Mike."

Right. I knew something was off about this mist...
The path to the left seems to be the best option for the moment.

"And another thing, I think something else is down here. And it knows we are, too."

Whatever "it" is... we might not want to find out.

"It's getting a bit cold."

"Perhaps it is best for me to take a closer look at these indents. I believe the key to this door is exactly that, and the paths that we have yet to travel."

Michael: Examine indentations on door.

Jet: Stand guard.

Benjamin and his Lucario turn towards Michael (even though they cannot see), and the Stoic veteran gives a small grunt and slowly makes his way across the Grandiose chamber... towards the heavily ordained door.

"You did see a door over in this direction, correct...?" Helix called out to Ben from the darkness. The younger gentlemen nodded, and then which a quick jab from Lucario realized his goof.

"Oh sorry, erm yeah. Big ole' door right ahead of you. Lots of ornate pictures and stones."

Helix murmured to himself as he and his Flareon finally found the obstacle in question, his hands tracing along the cold stone. Quite smooth in texture, with carved out indents...

Two very large ones, noticeably. In the dead center of the door, at shoulder level where the door is split into two, you can feel the indent where a weapon's hilt could be placed. on the opposite side of the door's crack, staying in line with the hilt indent, is a place where you could probably place the blade of a weapon.

So... you have to find the pieces for an ancient sword, it seems. And since there's two paths...

The crashing mist of the waterfalls continue to roar as your party discusses where to go next.

What do you do?

The Wanderer:

Benjamin Lad | Rico
EN: 88 | EN: 88
Infiltrator | Justified
Speed Boost | Steadfast
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

Canis Marjoris

Michael Helix | Jet
Steel | Fire
N/A | Fire Stone
EN: 100 | EN: 88
Sturdy | Flash Fire
Filter | Guts
Overcoat| Nothing
No changes | No changes
No other | No other

field: Grand Cavern
Water Source/No Grass Source/Rock Source possibly avaiable
Damaging Sound based moves gain +2BAP due to the sheer size of the cavern and echo power
All Sound based moves gain a flat 15% Accuracy and hit/affect all pokemon/trainers in the Field bar the user
Seismic activity is extremely hazardous and can cause catastrophic consequences
Secret Power has a 30% Chance to lower accuracy by one stage
Camouflage turns the user into a Water/Rock type
Nature Power calls Ominous Wind
Constant Mist

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)