SM RU Aerodactyl HO

Aerodactyl HO

Introduction

Hello and welcome to my first RMT. So one day I was watching youtube and saw a video by blunder that detailed building and using hyper offence in OU. This inspired me to make a HO team in SM RU since I did not really have a good team for the style. And so I came up with this team and it has been working nicely for me so far. It even managed to get me to peak #2 on the ladder. Unfortunately I don`t know how to get the images to work so I can`t really show proof. Anyway, lets get into the team!

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
Aerodactyl functions as the teams lead. I chose aerodactyl specifically since I didn`t like using froslass and then being forced to have a rocker like Nidoqueen and a spinblocker like Doublade. I could have also used Omastar for this slot but I like Aerodactyl better because it has more immediate speed and taunt. The moveset is pretty self-explanatory as there`s taunt to stop other rockers and coverage to deal a bit of damage if you can.

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
Gardevoir serves as the wallbreaker of the team. It can really threaten teams without a defensive steel type like Registeel or Bronzong. It can also be a check to mons like scarf Heracross and Flygon because of it`s typing and ability. It also functions as my main way to break walls like Umbreon and a way to lure in mons like Bronzong with shadow ball for other pokemon. It can also check weather which is trublesome for offensive teams. Gardevoir also has decent special defence allowing it to take some weaker hits to make it`s job for the team easier to accomplish. Overall Gardevoir is just a solid pokemon that can do well in most matchups.

Flygon @ Groundium Z
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
Flygon is the first sweeper of the team. I chose flygon because it is one of the most dangerous setup sweepers in the tier. Flygons job is to come in and setup to create pressure or just sweep. Flygon is capable of doing a lot of damage to teams if the checks of Flygon are weakened. As for the set itself, I prefer Groundium over other Z-Chrystals because it can beat florges and other defensive pokemon pokemon. I`m using Dragon Claw because I don`t like to be forced to outrage and then end up being beaten by a fairy type or steel type. Even if Flygon is unable to sweep, it can still at least wear down the opponents pokemon for the other members. On top of that, Flygon serves as a check to the scarf rotoms and other mons it can beat by the virtue of its typing.

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Hone Claws
Durant is the second sweeper of the team. It serves the same role as Flygon which is sweeping or weakening the opponents team for other pokemon. It also pairs nicely with Flygon because it can beatbthings like Gardevoir, Minior and Bronzong. Durant matches up well against bulky teams that have like one scarfer and a fast mon that outspeed Durant. Durant also serves a defensive purpose in being able to switch in to scarf Hera`s Megahorn and scarf Shaymin`s Seed flare. It can also do things like weaken Doublade for Gardevoir if you don`t want to shadow ball. Overall, Durant is a strong sweeper for this team that also pairs nicely with the other members.

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect
Sharpedo functions as the cleaner of the team. It can threaten a lot of teams, especially offence teams which have limited checks to Sharpedo. I`m using timid to beat scarf Rotoms, Scarf hera and adamant Flygon at +1 which can threaten this team otherwise. If a team is unpreapared for it, Sharpedo can really destroy even balance teams in the lategame when the checks have been worn down by other members. Of course, there are things it can`t break like Florges and Umbreon but they are taken care of by Flygon/Durant and Gardevoir respectively. Sharpedo, like other mons can also weaken mons for other mons and serve as a check to setup sweepers and scarfers after a protect.

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish
Shaymin is the scarfer of the team. It can check slower scarfers like Heracross and setup sweepers like Feraligatr and Minior while also being the main Sharpedo check. It also functions as an offensive pokemon which can clean up lategame when counters like Registeel are removed by mons like Durant and Flygon which can also setup on it. I`m using Earth power and Dazzling gleam because they hit things like Honchkrow and salazzle which are threathning mons against my team, especially Honchkrow which can use it`s powerful priority to be very hard to beat. However, it can be beaten by taking a hit withy shaymin or sharpedo and plaing around sucker punch to kill it. Overall, Shaymin is a nice glue to this team that can help in a lot of matchups.
Conclusion

Overall, this team has been pretty succsessful for me on the ladder. Now the team does indeed have some bad matcups vs some things like stall but overall I think this is one of my better teams that I have built so far in SM RU. However, i`m looking for any improvements so this team can become better.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Gardevoir @ Choice Specs
Ability: Trace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Trick

Flygon @ Groundium Z
Ability: Levitate
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance

Durant @ Life Orb
Ability: Hustle
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Crunch
- Superpower
- Hone Claws

Sharpedo @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Psychic Fangs
- Protect

Shaymin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)