Aerodactyl

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
QC: IronBullet93 / Bouffalant / Sam
GP: antemortem / P Squared

[SET]
name: Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Taunt
move 3: Stone Edge / Earthquake
move 4: Flamethrower / Earthquake
item: Focus Sash
ability: Unnerve
nature: Naive / Jolly
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock is a good entry hazard that damages all types of Pokemon, excluding Magic Guard users, as they switch in. Taunt prevents opposing leads from setting their own entry hazards. Stone Edge is a strong STAB attack that hits most leads for neutral damage, though it is inaccurate. Earthquake hits various Pokemon, such as Nidoqueen and Empoleon, for super effective damage and has good coverage in conjunction with Stone Edge. Flamethrower hits Forretress for super effective damage.

Set Details
========

The given EVs are used in conjunction with a Naive or Jolly nature to maximize Aerodactyl's ability to function as an effective lead. Naive should be used on Flamethrower variants whereas Jolly should be used on variants lacking Flamethrower. Unnerve prevents Forretress and Slurpuff from eating their Custap and Sitrus Berries, respectively. Focus Sash allows Aerodactyl to survive any one hit and set up Stealth Rock.

Usage Tips
========

This Aerodactyl set should only be used on hyper offense teams, as other team archetypes benefit more from having an entry hazard setter with more staying power. This Aerodactyl set is used as a lead, and as such should be sent in at the beginning of the battle. When facing opposing suicide leads, Aerodactyl should use Taunt turn one to ensure they aren't able to set any entry hazards that could cripple Aerodactyl's team.

Team Options
========

Ghost-types, such as Doublade and Chandelure, make for good partners, as they are immune to Rapid Spin, allowing them to prevent Rapid Spin users, such as Blastoise and Donphan, from removing the Stealth Rock set by Aerodactyl. Sweepers, wallbreakers, and cleaners, such as Dragon Dance Feraligatr, Choice Specs Kyurem, and Speed Boost Yanmega, respectively, also make for good teammates, as they appreciate Aerodactyl's ability to effectively set up Stealth Rock and prevent opposing leads from successfully setting entry hazards. Fast Taunt users, such as Crobat and Cobalion, make for good partners, as they can prevent Defog users, such as Mandibuzz and Empoleon, from removing the entry hazards set by Aerodactyl.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Aerodactyl can also use a Life Orb set should your team prefer using another Mega Pokemon; however, regular Aerodactyl is much more frail and weak compared to Mega Aerodactyl and shouldn't be used for its defensive capabilities.

Last edited:
Reactions: nv

Kreme

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Question for QC: Honestly, I'm quite confused as to what should be arbitrary in the third moveslot, as I've used Crunch, Double-Edge (can only be done without Unnerve), Aerial Ace and Stone Edge to decent success.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Not QC but I believe that the third slot should go to Stone Edge as Stone Edge is the better STAB over Aerial Ace as without Mega Aerodactyl AA is weak as piss not gonna lie. Stone Edge also has decent coverage with Fire Blast since Fire Blast roasts those Steel-types. In all honesty, I feel the set should be:

name: Suicide Lead
move 3: Stone Edge / Aerial Ace
move 4: Fire Blast
nature: Naive

Also mention in Team Options that Rapid Spinners are nice partners so as to get rid of hazards on the team's side while keeping Aero's Rocks up. Solid set tho Kreme.

Kreme

Not QC but I believe that the third slot should go to Stone Edge as Stone Edge is the better STAB over Aerial Ace as without Mega Aerodactyl AA is weak as piss not gonna lie. Stone Edge also has decent coverage with Fire Blast since Fire Blast roasts those Steel-types. In all honesty, I feel the set should be:

name: Suicide Lead
move 3: Stone Edge / Aerial Ace
move 4: Fire Blast
nature: Naive

Also mention in Team Options that Rapid Spinners are nice partners so as to get rid of hazards on the team's side while keeping Aero's Rocks up. Solid set tho Kreme.
Yeah Aerial Ace without Tough Claws is pretty piss weak to be honest, but even so it sucks to lose out to other leads etc due to Stone Edge missing. But yeah Aerial Ace only 3HKOes Azelf, so I'll probably put Stone Edge first. I'm not really sure about adding Rapid Spin users in Team Options, since let's be honest, the only offensive ones are going to be Donphan, Mega Blastoise and Hitmonlee (not going to count offensive Tentacruel or Hitmontop). Out of those three, Mega Blastoise being on a team with a Suicide Lead doesn't seem too great imo since it's already good partners with Krookodile and Nidoqueen and Donphan is ass on HO (and in general imo), the only one I can really see being put is Hitmonlee of which I haven't seen used too much with Rapid Spin tbh (most I've seen were Unburden sweepers).

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Yeah Aerial Ace without Tough Claws is pretty piss weak to be honest, but even so it sucks to lose out to other leads etc due to Stone Edge missing. But yeah Aerial Ace only 3HKOes Azelf, so I'll probably put Stone Edge first. I'm not really sure about adding Rapid Spin users in Team Options, since let's be honest, the only offensive ones are going to be Donphan, Mega Blastoise and Hitmonlee (not going to count offensive Tentacruel or Hitmontop). Out of those three, Mega Blastoise being on a team with a Suicide Lead doesn't seem too great imo since it's already good partners with Krookodile and Nidoqueen and Donphan is ass on HO (and in general imo), the only one I can really see being put is Hitmonlee of which I haven't seen used too much with Rapid Spin tbh (most I've seen were Unburden sweepers).
Agreed, it was more of a mention so as to deter people who use Lead Aero from pairing it up with Defoggers since that defeats the purpose of Lead hazards, lol.

-you could mention double edge in moves so that you suicide and prevent hazards getting cleared..yeah u lose out on stabs but realistically, they're gonna be doing little to anything not se anyway.
-mention that unnerve prevents puff from eating its sitrus berry and getting the unburden boost.
-i kinda think flamethrower is better than fire blast if you're just using it to shit on forre, cause fblast isn't ohkoing anyway (if they decide to run overcoat) and you dont have to risk missing

ill go into detail tomorrow, but i actually kind of think a life orb set could be p viable on aero, ive seen someone use it in test games and it's actually pretty good..im open to other qc thoughts, though.

Reactions: nv

Kreme

-you could mention double edge in moves so that you suicide and prevent hazards getting cleared..yeah u lose out on stabs but realistically, they're gonna be doing little to anything not se anyway.
-mention that unnerve prevents puff from eating its sitrus berry and getting the unburden boost.
-i kinda think flamethrower is better than fire blast if you're just using it to shit on forre, cause fblast isn't ohkoing anyway (if they decide to run overcoat) and you dont have to risk missing

ill go into detail tomorrow, but i actually kind of think a life orb set could be p viable on aero, ive seen someone use it in test games and it's actually pretty good..im open to other qc thoughts, though.
OK all except the LO set has been implemented since I'm unsure of what the set actually is lol.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I really don't know about the LO set Bouffalant because I've never used it nor have I seen it used. On paper though I don't think it deserves its own set, I mean Mega Aero is more powerful overall with a higher Attack stat boosted by Tough Claws and far superior bulk and speed. You could say that using regular Aero means you can use another Mega but it's just outclassed so badly that I don't think it's a strong enough argument. But if you think it's good then maybe we could just edit in a mention for it into Other Options on the dex?

Also you've mentioned Flamethrower in Set Comments but have Fire Blast on the main set, so fix that. Looks good QC 1/3

hmm the more i think about it the less i think lo deserves a mention lol, i guess it can go into oo though

but yeah this is fine QC 2/3

Sam

i say it's all just wind in sails
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
hi!

I don't really think Aerial Ace has any place on this set. Sure, it's STAB, but it's so weak that it's actually weaker than Earthquake. Earthquake has much better coverage, being able to hit things like Nidoqueen and Empoleon. Replace any instance of Aerial Ace with Earthquake and just take Aerial Ace out entirely. I'd also rework moves 3 and 4 to look like this:

Move 3: Stone Edge / Earthquake
Move 4: Flamethrower / Earthquake

Stone Edge and Earthquake get good coverage together and gives Aero a bit more general offensive presence after setting up rocks.

Implement these in your write-up and I'll give it the last check.

Kreme

hi!

I don't really think Aerial Ace has any place on this set. Sure, it's STAB, but it's so weak that it's actually weaker than Earthquake. Earthquake has much better coverage, being able to hit things like Nidoqueen and Empoleon. Replace any instance of Aerial Ace with Earthquake and just take Aerial Ace out entirely. I'd also rework moves 3 and 4 to look like this:

Move 3: Stone Edge / Earthquake
Move 4: Flamethrower / Earthquake

Stone Edge and Earthquake get good coverage together and gives Aero a bit more general offensive presence after setting up rocks.

Implement these in your write-up and I'll give it the last check.
Implemented.

antemortem

THE ORIGINAL DAVE
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock is a good entry hazard that damages all types of Pokemon, excluding Magic Guard users, upon switch-in. Taunt prevents opposing leads from setting their own entry hazards. Stone Edge is a strong STAB attack that hits most leads for neutral damage, but though it is inaccurate. Earthquake is a strong attack that allows Aerodactyl to hits various Pokemon, such as Nidoqueen and Empoleon, for super effective damage and has good coverage in conjunction with Stone Edge. Flamethrower can be used to hits Forretress for super effective damage.

Set Details
========

The given EVs are used in conjunction with a Naive or Jolly nature to maximize Aerodactyl's ability to function as an effective lead. Naive should be used on Flamethrower variants whereas Jolly should be used on variants lacking Flamethrower. Unnerve is the chosen ability, as it prevents Forretress and Slurpuff from eating their Custap and Sitrus Berries, respectively. Focus Sash is the held item, as it allows Aerodactyl to survive any one-hit and set up Stealth Rock.

Usage Tips
========

This Aerodactyl set should only be used on hyper offense teams, as other team archetypes benefit more from having an entry hazard setter with more staying power. This Aerodactyl set is used as a lead, and as such should be sent in at the beginning of the battle. When facing opposing suicide leads, Taunt should be used turn one to ensure they aren't able to set any entry hazards that could cripple your Aerodactyl's team.

Team Options
========

Ghost-types, such as Doublade and Chandelure, make for good partners, as they are immune to Rapid Spin, allowing them to prevent Rapid Spin users, such as Blastoise and Donphan, from removing the Stealth Rock set by Aerodactyl. Sweepers, wallbreakers, and cleaners, such as Dragon Dance Feraligatr, Choice Specs Kyurem, and Speed Boost Yanmega, respectively, also make for good teammates, as they appreciate Aerodactyl's ability to effectively setup Stealth Rock and prevent opposing leads from successfully setting entry hazards. Fast Taunt users, such as Crobat and Cobalion, make for good partners, as they can prevent Defog users, such as Mandibuzz and Empoleon, from removing the entry hazards set by Aerodactyl.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Aerodactyl can also use a Life Orb set should your team prefer using another Mega Pokemon;(add) however, regular Aerodactyl is much more frail and weak compared to Mega Aerodactyl, however, and shouldn't be used for its defensive capabilities.

GP 1/2

Kreme

[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock is a good entry hazard that damages all types of Pokemon, excluding Magic Guard users, upon switch-in. Taunt prevents opposing leads from setting their own entry hazards. Stone Edge is a strong STAB attack that hits most leads for neutral damage, but though it is inaccurate. Earthquake is a strong attack that allows Aerodactyl to hits various Pokemon, such as Nidoqueen and Empoleon, for super effective damage and has good coverage in conjunction with Stone Edge. Flamethrower can be used to hits Forretress for super effective damage.

Set Details
========

The given EVs are used in conjunction with a Naive or Jolly nature to maximize Aerodactyl's ability to function as an effective lead. Naive should be used on Flamethrower variants whereas Jolly should be used on variants lacking Flamethrower. Unnerve is the chosen ability, as it prevents Forretress and Slurpuff from eating their Custap and Sitrus Berries, respectively. Focus Sash is the held item, as it allows Aerodactyl to survive any one-hit and set up Stealth Rock.

Usage Tips
========

This Aerodactyl set should only be used on hyper offense teams, as other team archetypes benefit more from having an entry hazard setter with more staying power. This Aerodactyl set is used as a lead, and as such should be sent in at the beginning of the battle. When facing opposing suicide leads, Taunt should be used turn one to ensure they aren't able to set any entry hazards that could cripple your Aerodactyl's team.

Team Options
========

Ghost-types, such as Doublade and Chandelure, make for good partners, as they are immune to Rapid Spin, allowing them to prevent Rapid Spin users, such as Blastoise and Donphan, from removing the Stealth Rock set by Aerodactyl. Sweepers, wallbreakers, and cleaners, such as Dragon Dance Feraligatr, Choice Specs Kyurem, and Speed Boost Yanmega, respectively, also make for good teammates, as they appreciate Aerodactyl's ability to effectively setup Stealth Rock and prevent opposing leads from successfully setting entry hazards. Fast Taunt users, such as Crobat and Cobalion, make for good partners, as they can prevent Defog users, such as Mandibuzz and Empoleon, from removing the entry hazards set by Aerodactyl.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Aerodactyl can also use a Life Orb set should your team prefer using another Mega Pokemon;(add) however, regular Aerodactyl is much more frail and weak compared to Mega Aerodactyl, however, and shouldn't be used for its defensive capabilities.

GP 1/2
OK all the changes should be implemented but be sure to tell me if I messed up. Thanks for the check.

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
2/2 :)
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock is a good entry hazard that damages all types of Pokemon, excluding Magic Guard users, as they switch in upon switch-in. Taunt prevents opposing leads from setting their own entry hazards. Stone Edge is a strong STAB attack that hits most leads for neutral damage, though it is inaccurate. Earthquake hits various Pokemon, such as Nidoqueen and Empoleon, for super effective damage and has good coverage in conjunction with Stone Edge. Flamethrower hits Forretress for super effective damage.

Set Details
========

The given EVs are used in conjunction with a Naive or Jolly nature to maximize Aerodactyl's ability to function as an effective lead. Naive should be used on Flamethrower variants whereas Jolly should be used on variants lacking Flamethrower. Unnerve prevents Forretress and Slurpuff from eating their Custap and Sitrus Berries, respectively. Focus Sash allows Aerodactyl to survive any one-hit one hit and set up Stealth Rock.

Usage Tips
========

This Aerodactyl set should only be used on hyper offense teams, as other team archetypes benefit more from having an entry hazard setter with more staying power. This Aerodactyl set is used as a lead, and as such it should be sent in at the beginning of the battle. When facing opposing suicide leads, Aerodactyl should use Taunt should be used turn one to ensure they aren't able to set any entry hazards that could cripple Aerodactyl's team.

Team Options
========

Ghost-types, such as Doublade and Chandelure, make for good partners, as they are immune to Rapid Spin, allowing them to prevent Rapid Spin users, such as Blastoise and Donphan, from removing the Stealth Rock set by Aerodactyl. Sweepers, wallbreakers, and cleaners, such as Dragon Dance Feraligatr, Choice Specs Kyurem, and Speed Boost Yanmega, respectively, also make for good teammates, as they appreciate Aerodactyl's ability to effectively set up Stealth Rock and prevent opposing leads from successfully setting entry hazards. Fast Taunt users, such as Crobat and Cobalion, make for good partners, as they can prevent Defog users, such as Mandibuzz and Empoleon, from removing the entry hazards set by Aerodactyl.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Aerodactyl can also use a Life Orb set should your team prefer using another Mega Pokemon; however, (comma) regular Aerodactyl is much more frail and weak compared to Mega Aerodactyl and shouldn't be used for its defensive capabilities.

Kreme

2/2 :)
[SET]

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
========

Stealth Rock is a good entry hazard that damages all types of Pokemon, excluding Magic Guard users, as they switch in upon switch-in. Taunt prevents opposing leads from setting their own entry hazards. Stone Edge is a strong STAB attack that hits most leads for neutral damage, though it is inaccurate. Earthquake hits various Pokemon, such as Nidoqueen and Empoleon, for super effective damage and has good coverage in conjunction with Stone Edge. Flamethrower hits Forretress for super effective damage.

Set Details
========

The given EVs are used in conjunction with a Naive or Jolly nature to maximize Aerodactyl's ability to function as an effective lead. Naive should be used on Flamethrower variants whereas Jolly should be used on variants lacking Flamethrower. Unnerve prevents Forretress and Slurpuff from eating their Custap and Sitrus Berries, respectively. Focus Sash allows Aerodactyl to survive any one-hit one hit and set up Stealth Rock.

Usage Tips
========

This Aerodactyl set should only be used on hyper offense teams, as other team archetypes benefit more from having an entry hazard setter with more staying power. This Aerodactyl set is used as a lead, and as such it should be sent in at the beginning of the battle. When facing opposing suicide leads, Aerodactyl should use Taunt should be used turn one to ensure they aren't able to set any entry hazards that could cripple Aerodactyl's team.

Team Options
========

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============

Aerodactyl can also use a Life Orb set should your team prefer using another Mega Pokemon; however, (comma) regular Aerodactyl is much more frail and weak compared to Mega Aerodactyl and shouldn't be used for its defensive capabilities.
Thanks for the check, be sure to tell me if I fucked up anywhere lol. Otherwise, this is ready for upload.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)