AGDQ 2014 Jan. 5th-11th - A Speedrun charity event for the Prevent Cancer Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't see the FE run. Was it really that bad? I've heard some say that it was a horrible job by the runner and others say it was just the worst RNG possible.

nah if anything it was a pretty lucky run from what I've seen and it's not a big setback that he didn't get it, it's just fun to point out a 7 sec difference in a 3 hour run

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
I was hoping for FE7, so I missed a lot of the run getting food. When I came back and checked it was almost over time already with 5+ levels to go, I heard he died multiple times. Then it was... Chapter 19? I don't know FE8, it's a big open map that is apparently a defeat-all-enemies scenario, he randomly missed one enemy in the middle of the map which ended up with the enemy spawning a gajillion reinforcements so it took a ton of extra time. Then he died again, I don't remember if it was trying to rush that completion or the start of the next map, and they killed the run because he was already 10+ minutes past time at that point.

Resident Fire Emblem expert Mekkah or others would better explain it because they probably actually saw the whole thing and also played it. :[

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Absolute beauty. I was waiting all week for this to happen. The full halfies, x factors, wrecked ship shinesparks...and avoiding the baby. Best set of speed runs I've ever seen. I only usually watch metroid & half life runs, and these set of three games were stunning. The only thing that could have made it better would be the four pixels of the spaceship at the end...but I suppose I can't have it all. Also I didn't know they didn't read donations during super metroid, I would have done it earlier >_<

Deer FORCE

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Minecraft set seed is such a lame idea who thought this was a good idea?

I'm going to keep editing this to mock this minecraft run.

'it's too dark' what are you talking about bro this is minecraft get torches.

he doesn't even shiftclick to equip is this for real?

Ok the shiftclick is cause he is on an older version, but he's doing this because of a lame duplication glitch. This isn't much of a minecraft show of skill considering how lame it is to use a set seed.

almost getting lava killed while building a portal good job.

Only an end like this could end where you die and still win. THEN GET THE WORLD RECORD ughhh. Although I guess a marathon could only have some lame run like this.

Last edited:

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Great marathon overall I must say, now when the main thing is over. When Bonesaw said we'd raise 1 million on his stream, I was a bit sceptical but it did happen. I must say great job to everyone.

It's not entirely over though, since there's 3 days of bonus streaming starting today, the 12th. It ends on the 14th.

Idk if there's anything before it, but the top 3 finals of the Melee tournament is at noon EST, so don't miss that.

EDIT: Yeah... They haven't done the Melee finals yet, soo, look out for that in the future instead. The bonus stream is on now though.

Last edited:
I really wish that million plus was going to a better charity than the PCF.

still, the fact that they raised that much money really shows how much speedrunning has exploded in the past year.

Actually, had Werster not fucked up in the Ecruteak gym (cost him 9 sec) , he would have broken WR. He had mad luck with Mewtwo though.

Also obviously the Super Metroid run was easily the best thing ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)