Akame Ga Kiru [Manga]

New World Order

Licks Toads
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Berserk has some good aesthetics, and at some point it had decent storytelling (never was a fan of the author's rape fetish though). But as of now the plot has dreadful pacing and new cast that makes it feels like a shitty jrpg.

Akame ga Kiru was never great manga, but at the same time neither was Berserk. They're both guilty pleasures.
Pretty much this. The only reason I read stuff like this and Berserk is because my "main mangas" One Piece/Magi/Naruto don't have nearly enough death/gore/violence. Shingeki no Kyojin is by far and away the best current "dark themed" manga, but the awful art takes away a bit of the appeal.

But this is why we love esdese <3
They better pray she'll fall to akame. My guess is she'll just outright attack tatsumi after he does his best to convince her. Seeing as Esdese didn't give a damn for the boss, I doubt she'll show much remorse when killing tatsumi based on their relationship right now. Also, mien getting too loveydovey, I'm sensing an imminent death (please don't do this).

Last edited:

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
What if the ending is just Esdese sitting on the bodies of Night Raid. That would be a sad ending indeed. There's gotta be some sort of gimmick the mangaka will use to even the playing field...

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
But this is why we love esdese <3
They better pray she'll fall for akame. My guess is she'll just outright attack him after he does his best to convince her. Seeing as Esdese didn't give a damn for the boss, I doubt she'll show much remorse when killing tatsumi based on their relationship right now. Also, mien getting too loveydovey, I'm sensing an imminent death (please don't do this).

CN version: http://tieba.baidu.com/p/2572193360

Beginning scene (not good with food tls):
Night Raid's target, Borick, is here at this time......
Ran: Check
Borick: My job for you guys to guard me lasts for two more weeks. I'm counting on you guys.
Esdese: The date of origin for the cult......when the time comes there ought to be a large-scale ceremony.
Borick: Indeed, the greetings have already been made to all the individuals. It will bring about the founder's death as he becomes a true deity. And in front of the followers who greatly admire him......I will......make my proclamation as the next cult leader.
Akame Ga Kiru 40-Kill the Ambition
Ran: I lost.
Borick: Hahaha, you sure got talent but you still need more time to practice.
Esdese: Letting him get caught in a bitter fight, then letting him experience the delight of a comeback, I'm apologize for having you play Shogi with him all day. Playing those sort of games every once in a while is fine. Najenda must thoroughly realize that it's getting close to the final moments. They will come very soon. We must increase our state of alert.
Suu: Today I had absolutely......thoroughly prepared for you guys.
Suu: For Najenda we have salted ramen accompanied with the sweetness of the chicken and and embellishment of salt. I have full confidence in this!
Suu: For Mien we have strawberry parfait with a hidden flavor inside.
Suu: For Rabac we have a fresh lobster meal.
Suu: For Leone we have selected a special high grade local wine that was chilled.
Suu: For Akame we have a meat dish that was cooked in my secret spices.
Suu: And since Tatsumi said anything would be fine, he gets the Suu lunch special.
Tatsumi: Isn't this a nutritious meal fit for a kid......
Najenda: I had Suu cook up everyone's favorites. Everyone, eat to your heart's content as you recuperate......I haven't even finished speaking and you guys are already digging in, but that's fine.
Mien: Mm~~It's so sweet, so delicious. Have a taste Tatsumi--
Leone: Onee-san's glass is empty, what should be done? Come on come on, hurry and fill it up. That's the way, outstanding Tatsumi.
Mien: Hmph.....
Najenda:......
Akame: The dishes this time were out of this world Suu-san.
Tatsumi: You're right, we'd probably die without Suu-san.
Suu: I'm happy to hear......But Tatsumi, you can't waste a grain of rice! I'm watching you!
Leone: If it wasn't for your disposition of minding such trifling matters it'd be perfect.
Najenda: The tunnel leading to the front of the church has already been completed. Now we can finally being the task of assassinating Borick.

Bath scene:
Najenda: Phew--having bathing room in this unofficial strongpoint is really great.
Mein: It's incredibly suitable for relaxing before the decisive battle.
Najenda: About that Mein, regarding our sudden incursion of the cathedral......
Mein: What is it all of a sudden?
Najenda: This mission puts everyone's lives at risk. I think it would be best not to have any regrets left in your mind/heart am I right?
Mein: Wha......W-W-W-W-W-W-What are you talking about?!
Najenda: I am of course very understanding of my subordinates' feelings as well. Today you specifically sat next to Tatsumi, but what comes of it is really all up to you. If you keep sitting around in a daze, Leone will.......
Mein: I'm leaving now!
Najenda: Ah...youth.

Tatsumi: .....Akame, I didn't know you were able to do something like this.
Akame: A friend taught me how.
Leone: You didn't know? She has the finished products displayed in her room.
Tatsumi: It'd be great if there was a boat like this left that we could use to travel around.
Leone: Good idea, i'd love to be able to see places outside the kingdom.
Akame: Yea, once the nation regains peace let's all go together.
Mein: The boss is still there but the bathing room is pretty much empty.
Leone: Ah, then let's go bath Akame. Help me wash my back.
Akame: Ok.
Leone: Wanna come too Tatsumi?
Tatsumi: Eh!?
Leone: Hahaha, i'm just kidding. What an adorable kid.
Tatsumi: Leone (onee-san) is always like that.
Mein: Jeez, even if that's what you say you seemed pretty excited.
Tatsumi: Don't give me that.....
Mein (recalling): If you keep sitting there in a daze, Leone will......
Mein: Umm Tatsumi?
Tatsumi: What?
Mein: Once this mission is over, there's something important I want to tell you. Is that ok?
Tatsumi: I'd like to know, but why can't you say it now?
Mein: No can do.
Mein (thought): This is fine, me and the boss's way of thinking are complete opposite. We must urge our way through the years ahead of us. Also, ever since being rescued i had always been mindful of this.....plus, i'm actually very alone ("simple" was the other definition over "alone" that could be used to described her way of thinking, but i leaned towards alone). Everyone is able to relax and the atmosphere before the ambush is very positive. Following this.....we must go at it with our all! (Final parts of this could be just narration)

Rough tls of the parts i was interested in and lol at Akame scarfing down her dinner

Last edited:

Acklow

Dem Death Flags are just everywhere. I swear if she dies I'm going to stop reading this series. She's just too good of a character to just let go like that :\

Acklow

Fucking death flags, death flags everywhere in this latest chapter, and yet still no major deaths. It's like the mangaka is enjoying toying with the readers' emotions waaaay too much...

Fucking death flags, death flags everywhere in this latest chapter, and yet still no major deaths. It's like the mangaka is enjoying toying with the readers' emotions waaaay too much...
If it didn't do that, this series probably would have ended by chapter 30. I did expect more characters to die during this arc though (some were even "brought back to life") and Mein not revealing what she had to say annoys me.

In case anyone is interested, there's a prequel called Akame ga Kiru! Zero exploring Akame's journey in becoming an assassin. It also touches on the relationship between Kurome and Akame. I believe the english tls are caught up, or maybe a chapter behind.

Omg the relationship is finally happening, so cute, so beautiful, <3 <3 <3, Mein now living on borrowed time. Also looking forward to the anime and seeing those deaths in actions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)