1. GET SMOGON SHIRTS HERE! First time ever. Limited time only & next time the design will be different, so get it while you can!
  2. New to the forums? Check out our Mentorship Program!
    Our mentors will answer your questions and help you become a part of the community!
  3. Welcome to Smogon Forums! Please take a minute to read the rules.

Gen 1 Alakazam trouble

Discussion in 'Ruins of Alph' started by Frank, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Frank

Frank

Well, I'm training this Kadabra to get an Alakazam, but I already used the TM "Reflect" in another pokemon, so what are the other options for a moveset if my Alakazam has no reflect?

Completely changing the subject, but just to evade making another useless thread, should I let "barrier" on a mewtwo or replace it by thunderbolt/rest?
  2. Great Sage

Great Sage

Alakazam can learn Reflect by level.
  3. Frank

Frank

Duh, sorry, then nvm...
  4. 133tSneasel

133tSneasel

Thunder Wave
    Seismic Toss
    Psychic
    Recover

is the standard, I think. Some people put Substitute somewhere in that set, to paralyze the opponents team. Kensis is another option, because it can lower the opponents accuracy, forcing them to switch and then you can paralyze another Pokemon. Mimic is a general move used on a lot of Pokes. Counter can work, but it only works with Normal and Fighting Moves. But I would really recommend Counter, unless its for fun, same with Mimic.

Ice, Fire, Thunderpunch are all trade backs. Along with Barrier

The standard mewtwo is boltbeam, with Psychic, and recover/rest. nothing resist it. You can use Rest if you want it over recover so you won't be paralyzed.
  5. Pocket

Pocket Apo, the astronaut's best friend >:3
    is a Site Staff Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

I thought a standard Mewtwo had Amnesia. Amnesia, Thunderbolt / Blizzard, Psychic, Recover / Rest. I prefer T-bolt so I don't get into a Amnesia war with Slowbro x_x, although I guess you could have Blizzard over Psychic for more coverage without much loss of power.

Counter Zam is nice against other experienced players, but for stadium, I'll stick with Substitute, Reflect, Mimic, or Seismic Toss.
  6. PM

PM

no...I thought mewtwo had ice beam to win freeze wars
  7. 133tSneasel

133tSneasel

You were right Pocket. How could I forget about Amnesia to raise it's amazing special. LOL

hmm, I never tried that set Pocket, how come no Psychic in the set.
  8. GreenPikachu

GreenPikachu pumpkin pieco
    is a Contributor Alumnus

since the metagame is dominated by psychics and once his special is that absurdly high, ice beam and thunderbolt will do enough damage. but i'd rather have psychic on there anyway. but that's the reasoning. plus boltbeam is a great combo of types, and there isn't one pokemon resistant to both.
  9. Darrillo

Darrillo

Wait, I'm not used to this game's...metagame. Is it illegal to have the punches on it? If you got them from Gold/Silver?
  10. Great Sage

Great Sage

In True RBY (the more common RBY mode), GSC tradeback moves are not allowed. They are allowed in GSC Tradeback mode, though.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)