Alakazam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Specs give you any extra OHKOs that Life Orb doesn't? Considering that Life Orb lets you change attacks I would have thought that it was always the better option, especially if they switch in a resist and next turn you can hit them with your coverage move which probably achieves more than the slight power boost Specs gives.

I wouldn't dare run specs or scarf with all the honchkrows and sableyes running around. There isn't much worse than giving krow a free +1 when it pursuits you.

I prefer running Life Orb set on Alakazam than any choice set. I like the freedom of picking my moves especially in close situations

I still can't come to terms with how Alakazam was demoted RU after it's DW blessing. Magic-Orb combos are beast as proven by Reuniclus (who is notably stationed in OU). The once popular Choice Specs are wasted on Alakazam now that Life Orb recoil can be nullified and with that comes freedom of moves. And I reccomend replacing Psychic with Psyshock as it destroys Blissey and co. This is the bit where I begin to wonder, why Alakazam and Machamp have been downgraded to lurking in the lower tiers while their 5th gen cousins Reuniclus and Conkeldurr sit comfortably in OU.

I still can't come to terms with how Alakazam was demoted RU after it's DW blessing. Magic-Orb combos are beast as proven by Reuniclus (who is notably stationed in OU). The once popular Choice Specs are wasted on Alakazam now that Life Orb recoil can be nullified and with that comes freedom of moves. And I reccomend replacing Psychic with Psyshock as it destroys Blissey and co. This is the bit where I begin to wonder, why Alakazam and Machamp have been downgraded to lurking in the lower tiers while their 5th gen cousins Reuniclus and Conkeldurr sit comfortably in OU.
It was demoted to RU before the release of Magic Guard, whose release sparked the whole debate of him being moved up or not.

It was demoted to RU before the release of Magic Guard, whose release sparked the whole debate of him being moved up or not.
I have a feeling that when the new usage statistics come out, Alakazam would probably move up to UU (possibly even OU just like Gastrodon) because nowadays people love using Alakazam.

brokenbrokenbrokenbrokenbrokenbrokenbrokenbrokenbrokenbrokenbroken

No, seriously. Besides abusing the immunities to his attacks (aka predicting), what do you use against him? i dont think anything likes to switch in. Slowking is suscetible to CM sets, Clefable is 2HKOed, so it relies on a miss of focus miss, which, no matter what you say, isnt likely to happen.

Munchlax is the only mon that can switch in with relative easy (nostalgia, anyone), but now we got a 100% counter for it (taunt sableye).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)